What are the chances of Brock Lesnar winning by count out or disqualification tonight?

Go down

What are the chances of Brock Lesnar winning by count out or disqualification tonight?

Post by DDT on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm

Hi guys, I haven't been watching any wrestling lately. I had kind of got bored of it. Though I still like a bet, and I noticed that both Lesnar and Reigns were trading at odds against. I bet Lesnar at 6/4 with one firm and I then backed reigns with another at 6/5. To guarentee profit. As I thought I couldn't lose so I bet £250 on each.

However I've just noticed that with the betting company I bet on Lesnar at 6/4 with, if the match is decided by a count out or a disqualification all bets are void, but with the betting company I bet Reigns with all bets will stand. So if Lesnar wins by DQ or count out il lose £250. Obviously it could go the other way if Reigns wins by DQ I will win loads, as il get my money back for Lesnar aswell.

I was just wanting to know what you guys who have been watching it week in week out reckon on Lesnar winning by DQ or count out? Do you think WWE would do this in the main event of Mania? Or am I panicking over nothing?

I know from when I used to watch the show they are normally always clean finishes at Mania, but it would be just my luck of they did a screwy finish for the first time when I've got cash running on it.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Re: What are the chances of Brock Lesnar winning by count out or disqualification tonight?

Post by bretmeharty on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm

It's 99.9% it won't happen. But for the sheer stupidity of your betting I hope it does.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Re: What are the chances of Brock Lesnar winning by count out or disqualification tonight?

Post by DDT on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:16 pm

Your talking to someone who gambles for a living pal. My betting is far from stupid. I bet on 2 results to guarentee profit either way.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:28 pm

Ok but it's not guaranteed, hence why you are in your own words -.panicking.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:32 pm

I didn't realises the terms of the bet. A genuine error on my part. No need to be so hostile about it. Was just after a few opinions as I haven't watched wrestling for a few years

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:48 pm

I guess there's a chance Rollins takes out both and cashes in MitB
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:55 pm

He would likely do that after the match though, I'd of thought

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:55 pm

In which case il still get paid

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 5:05 am

None of them won lol

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 6:22 am

DDT screwed DDT

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

Amazing

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:18 am

Bah ha ha ha haha

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Thanks for laughing at the thought of me losing my money, very nice of you. However all money is returned by the bookies as I bet on Lesnar v Reigns, not Lesnar v Reigns v Rollins.

The bookies aren't allowed to keep people's money in this situation, as it was a simple match bet between the 2. Rollins was not in the betting.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

DDT wrote:Thanks for laughing at the thought of me losing my money, very nice of you. However all money is returned by the bookies as I bet on Lesnar v Reigns, not Lesnar v Reigns v Rollins.

The bookies aren't allowed to keep people's money in this situation, as it was a simple match bet between the 2. Rollins was not in the betting.
I hope this is right but I think its highly unlikely. 

For example, you wouldnt be able to pick a winner on celeb big brother and have Jordan win by entering later, only to get your money back.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:05 am

To be fair I bet on Sheamus to win the Battle Royal and as he didn't enter I got my bet refunded (lost it on another match so never mind...)

I think DDT is right, but it's up to the individual bookmaker. It depends if they count the original Lesnar v Reigns as a no contest.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

My Reigns bet got refunded,but I wouldn't have been at all livid if it hadn't been as the cash in was a possibility.

I should have put £250 on the cash in,you know,to guarantee profit.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:22 am

I have already had my money returned.

It is not up to the individual bookmaker either, it is simple betting rules. One of a bookmakers 3 licensing objectives is

Ensure gambling is fair and open!

So the fact the bookies only priced up Lesnar and Reigns means they have no choice but to refund stakes if neither of those win, as it was impossible for anyone to bet on Rollins in the match as there was no price for him.

In every market the bookies put up there has to be a winner and a loser, they are not allowed to have 2 losing selections in what was a 2 horse race.

It's like in horse racing, if in the unlikely event every horse falls in the race. All bets are refunded, as there cannot be losing punters if there aren't winning ones.

Of course being a gambler for so many years, I was well aware of these rules when Rollins won. Though I have to admit I was concerned I may need to have an argument to get refunded, but they thankfully know the rules.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:28 am

really pleased for you  OK

Hope you have learned your lesson to never bet on wrestling though!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:30 am

I kinda called it at least
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:46 am

I used to do quite well on wrestling betting when I was more into it, as I knew what was going on.

But it's probably best left alone if I haven't been watching. I had no idea about the potential cash in until GSC mentioned it.

Thankfully the rules saved my bacon haha

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

The alarm bells would have been ringing for me when neither side was a clear favourite,and like you said a win for either would have yielded a profit.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum