The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal vs Coria rome 2005

3 posters

Go down

Nadal vs Coria rome 2005 Empty Nadal vs Coria rome 2005

Post by greengoblin Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

I watched this match a few days ago and was incredibly impressed. I was wondering if it is perhaps, judged on both sustained high quality and epicness, the best match there is.

A few others spring to mind, nadal verdasco 2009, Roddick el anouyi 2003 (though I think the latter was, while still great, lower quality)

Does any one know the winners/ue's for the rome match?

What do others think?

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Nadal vs Coria rome 2005 Empty Re: Nadal vs Coria rome 2005

Post by Henman Bill Fri 03 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

I think sets 2-4 of AO 09 final Federer-Nadal are the best sustained epicness but for a while match, W 08 final.

I didn't watch the Rome 05 at the time but I watched it back later and yes it was very good however did FEderer falter at a key moment and hit a shot into the tram lines or something when he was about to win. It's a shame if things turn on an error.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by greengoblin Fri 03 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I think sets 2-4 of AO 09 final Federer-Nadal are the best sustained epicness but for a while match, W 08 final.

I didn't watch the Rome 05 at the time but I watched it back later and yes it was very good however did FEderer falter at a key moment and hit a shot into the tram lines or something when he was about to win. It's a shame if things turn on an error.

The Federer nadal rome match was 2006. I was talking about the previous years which was nadal - coria. The 2006 final was also good and yes you're right fed choked at the end. I thought 2008 final is the very nearly the best. A few things drag it down like Federer not really waking up until the third set and not making nadal save break points, just wasting them.

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri 03 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

I agree the AUS 2009 final up to set 5 was immense, then Federer just faded rapidly, had he not I think overall the quality was better than even the Wimbledon final 08

US Open '11 sets 2 and 3 were just unbelievable too but not the whole match.

my favourite of all time match is Federer vs Djokovic French Open '11, it wasn't 5 sets but the quality from the first point to the last was the highest I've seen

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down