That really grinds my gears thread

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 4 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 4 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by seanmichaels on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:14 pm

ah bloody hell. she's a jock in real life! that grinds my gears.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 4 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by seanmichaels on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm

I am experiencing a proper man crush for the first time. I see a lot of myself in Ragnar Lothbrok.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

When i say a bit of myself i don't mean my hampton....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:When i say a bit of myself i don't mean my hampton....
Too late Seany, far FAR too late

Don't "get" Game of Thrones. Even though it contains naked women I found the 30 minutes of the first episode quite tedious and cannot bring myself to play catch up. Did it with "Breaking Bad"...it wasn't worth the f*cking effort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

Game of Thrones is the best thing on TV at the minute, and I say that as someone who did not expect it to be my kind of thing. As for the criticism of Breaking Bad, I can barely find the words, is the one show that comes close to the Sopranos as being immune from criticism.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Game of Thrones is the best thing on TV at the minute, and I say that as someone who did not expect it to be my kind of thing. As for the criticism of Breaking Bad, I can barely find the words, is the one show that comes close to the Sopranos as being immune from criticism.

What you have to understand, Jeff, is that Dave hasn't worked his way through all the series of SEX IN THE CITY yet so everything else is secondary in his life.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:56 pm

I would say that Daredevil is better than GOT

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:11 pm

Cheers Rick, Daredevil is indeed excellent. As for Sex in the City, I DID finish watching it then got caught in a Desperate Housewives/Cougar Town conundrum. Breaking Bad was OK but not a patch on The Wire

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

The Wire was good, but the last series was all over the place. Also Dominic West is a good actor, but he plays a terrible drunk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

Most Breaking Bad recommendations I got went along the lines of "You have to wait til series three before it really gets going." For the f*cking sake of WTF!?!?! If I hadn't downloaded the lot and watched it in chunks, I'd have sacked it off long before the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:39 pm

Vikings and The Island with Bear Grylls are the best. Gospel.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm

Obese people walking into Fish and chip bars.........

Is there a more depressing sight.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Obese people walking into Fish and chip bars.........

Is there a more depressing site.
www.watchingfatbastardseat.com

However more depressing is watching them order fish, chips, savaloys, onion rings then ask for a teacake with low fat spread and a diet coke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:56 pm

Having no oil in the engine really grinds my gears

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Vikings and The Island with Bear Grylls are the best. Gospel.

I feel a mixture of self-pity and the need to shower in that I too enjoy The Island.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm

Wasn't Bear Grylls that guy that was caught booking into a hotel when he was supposed to be slumming it in the wild for one of his shows....

I like his style !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wasn't Bear Grylls that guy that was caught booking into a hotel when he was supposed to be slumming it in the wild for one of his shows....

I like his style !!

Yes often confused with Galted Ray Mears

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 4:19 pm

Ray Mears was on tv a while back, my first thought was, "F*ckng hell, Adrian Chiles has let himself go!"

Last edited by DAVE667 on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My second thought was, must go upstairs and replace this keyboard, it's fucked!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

Did the exclamation mark get stuck on it, Dave?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:49 pm

As members of the Culture Cup will surely agree, I'm not sure I care for your tone, Dolphin. What's your excuse, some kind of palsy? oityipbyfyf0[YW0Y[vb0;' WV08w

It's catching........and the full stop button is stuck now........there it goes again......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

People ringing for help and advice ten minutes before you're due to finish work. Go **** yourselves and let me get home you b*st*rds.

Must admit it's this very same attitude that lost me the job at the Samaritans.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:People ringing for help and advice ten minutes before you're due to finish work. Go **** yourselves and let me get home you b*st*rds.

Must admit it's this very same attitude that lost me the job at the Samaritans.

Asking people to delay their suicide, then tracing the call and doing it for them two days later was the main reason Dave. Wholly unreasonable but thats modern society for you

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:58 pm

I miss the old days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 6:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Obese people walking into Fish and chip bars.........

Is there a more depressing site.
www.watchingfatbastardseat.com

However more depressing is watching them order fish, chips, savaloys, onion rings then ask for a teacake with low fat spread and a diet coke

You evil bastard, thought that was a genuine site like Full Kit W*nkers.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 6:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I miss the old days

When men were men and people like Sean were beaten to death before they could pass on the homo disease. I yearn for those days.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:24 am

On the motorway when a flash company car expects me to change lanes so he can get up to 90mph, and tail gaits me until I oblige. No way am I going from 75mph and having to slow down to 65 by going in the middle lane, not a chance.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:28 am

Idiots starting to queue up two miles from a lane closure instead of using the zip method and using both lanes until the actual point of closure

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:29 am

Loud people who always try and be a joker. If you don't occasionally laugh then you look as though you have issues or are a miserable so and so. Their annoyance increases ten fold at family parties. And times that by a thousand when at the end of a set of night shifts.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:31 am

A sported up corsa.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:04 am

aja424 wrote:A sported up corsa.
Driven by some utter Tinkywinky slumped so low in the seat only his stupid hairdo is visible over steering wheel but what REALLY ticks me off is people who hold the steering wheel with their right hand but it's right over to the left hand side of the wheel (or vice versa). Combine the Corsa driving dwarf and this steering wheel fiasco and you've got the making of an utter cunstard

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

I'm not sure what you'd want people with a Corsa to do... they've got a Frak Corsa!! As useless and tasteless as the attempt at sporting a Corsa is... I'm not sure what else you'd expect them to do? Accept they've been given a pile s.hit?!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

Raf wrote:Accept they've been given a pile s.hit?!

Yes.

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:43 am

aja424 wrote:On the motorway when a flash company car expects me to change lanes so he can get up to 90mph, and tail gaits me until I oblige. No way am I going from 75mph and having to slow down to 65 by going in the middle lane, not a chance.

I fooking hate people like you (on the m-ways), the height of smug pr!ck (on the motorways)

<no offence>

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:46 am

I drive a Corsa, cars are a completely functional item to me. Can assure you it is in no way modified.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

Jeff wrote:I drive a Corsa, cars are a completely functional item to me. Can assure you it is in no way modified

You have mastered the acceptance stage Jeff.

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

It does everything I need it to do Rick. Car people are probably the most crushing bores known to man.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

Fair point mate...

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:12 am

Rowley wrote:It does everything I need it to do Rick. Car people are probably the most crushing bores known to man.

OK
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:57 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
aja424 wrote:On the motorway when a flash company car expects me to change lanes so he can get up to 90mph, and tail gaits me until I oblige. No way am I going from 75mph and having to slow down to 65 by going in the middle lane, not a chance.

I fooking hate people like you (on the m-ways), the height of smug pr!ck (on the motorways)

<eno offence>

Soz

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

Nothing wrong with corsas, got a zafira myself, just the McDonald's car park crew I'm talking about.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:00 am

Stella wrote:
Rowley wrote:It does everything I need it to do Rick. Car people are probably the most crushing bores known to man.

OK
Agree entirely. There was a lass I went out with a few times who was obsessed with cars and such like. Couldn't summon up any enthusiasm for any of her conversations about them and every time we slept together I shed a tear as I knew the relationship was utterly doomed and it might be the last time I ever did a sex in her

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:01 am

aja424 wrote:Nothing wrong with corsas, got a zafira myself, just the McDonald's car park crew I'm talking about.

I have a Zafira. It gets me, my family, and lots of old crap from A to B, which is what I want if for.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:10 am

People with unnecessarily big cars for their kids and assorted crap. I have two children and both of them and their stuff fit nicely into a hatchback. I can't fathom the reason why someone needs a f*cking people carrier for a couple of three year olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:15 am

DAVE667 wrote:People with unnecessarily big cars for their kids and assorted crap. I have two children and both of them and their stuff fit nicely into a hatchback. I can't fathom the reason why someone needs a f*cking people carrier for a couple of three year olds

The mrs wanted a car that had extra seating, for when we take their friends bowling etc. As yet, this hasn't materialised.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

DAVE wrote:People with unnecessarily big cars for their kids and assorted crap. I have two children and both of them and their stuff fit nicely into a hatchback. I can't fathom the reason why someone needs a f*cking people carrier for a couple of three year olds

Underfloor deceased hooker storage?

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

As long as it has the correct size holder for a can of beer I am happy.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:People with unnecessarily big cars for their kids and assorted crap. I have two children and both of them and their stuff fit nicely into a hatchback. I can't fathom the reason why someone needs a f*cking people carrier for a couple of three year olds

If you've got twins/triplets, them buggies are really big sometimes (ours was nicknamed the tank)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:51 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:People with unnecessarily big cars for their kids and assorted crap. I have two children and both of them and their stuff fit nicely into a hatchback. I can't fathom the reason why someone needs a f*cking people carrier for a couple of three year olds

Underfloor deceased hooker storage?
Chop 'em up properly, they'll fit into a medium sized holdall

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

DAVE wrote:Chop 'em up properly, they'll fit into a medium sized holdall

Proper Preperation Prevents P!55 Poor Performance

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:Chop 'em up properly, they'll fit into a medium sized holdall

Proper Preperation Prevents P!55 Poor Performance
Exactly...it's one of our favourite saying at work along with "JFNCC" (Job's F*cked, No C*nt Cares)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum