That really grinds my gears thread

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 5 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 5 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by MIG on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 pm

The fact hardly anyone celebrates St Georges Day in England yet all jump on the St Paddys Day bandwagon just to have a pint of guiness.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 5 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Rowley on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

How are you celebrating it MIG?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I'm not! No one I know celebrates it and I wouldn't know how to! Whereas we all know you stick a green hat on and drink guiness on st paddys day.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 pm

We should all eat roast dinners, and have a cup of tea, today.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Or not all get so hung up about something as arbitrary as the lump of land you happen to fall out of a fanny on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Just having my lunch Rowley. Nice.

You going to cup final?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Its not so much I'm hung up about us celebrating our day as us celebrating someone elses day more. But I guess when alcohol is in the equation its a lost cause.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:48 pm

MIG wrote:Its not so much I'm hung up about us celebrating our day as us celebrating someone elses day more.  But I guess when alcohol is in the equation its a lost cause.

Exactly. It's a good excuse to get peed.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:49 pm

westisbest wrote:Just having my lunch Rowley. Nice.

You going to cup final?

No mate. Am going to Florida early next year, so trying to be responsible money wise. Are you going?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Stella wrote:
MIG wrote:Its not so much I'm hung up about us celebrating our day as us celebrating someone elses day more.  But I guess when alcohol is in the equation its a lost cause.

Exactly. It's a good excuse to get peed.

Everyday is a good excuse to get peed.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Rowley wrote:

You going to cup final?

No mate. Am going to Florida early next year, so trying to be responsible money wise. Are you going?

If I can get a ticket, but unlikely.
While we are on this thread, its annoying that fans cannot get a ticket, because of corporate tickets etc.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Listening to Barry Hearn, trying not to fault West Ham for lowering season tickets but then complaining that it will put all the lower league clubs around them out of business.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 pm

westisbest wrote:
Rowley wrote:

You going to cup final?

If I can get a ticket, but unlikely.
While we are on this thread, its annoying that fans cannot get a ticket, because of corporate tickets etc.

Similar issue cropped up on the boxing thread. Biggest fight this century and not only is it in a piddly 17,000 seater venue but only 1,500 tickets are supposedly being made availabel to Joe Public.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:40 am

MIG wrote:The fact hardly anyone celebrates St Georges Day in England yet all jump on the St Paddys Day bandwagon just to have a pint of guiness.
If Farage was in charge it would be compulsory.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Why do women think all Men are stupid ??

Last night I was reminded we were having dinner with my Father-in-law and some of his friends tonight at least three times... so I must leave work a bit earlier..........

This morning I was told again.....

Just had a message on my phone "Don't forget tonight xxxx" ....

Unbelievable...Think I'm going to watch Castaway later and cheer myself up.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 pm

When people dont send me their Music cup nominations.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:14 pm

People who throw insults instead of actually debating a point (see it a lot on Tumblr/Facebook)

Getting my writing in my head written on paper/word without it sounding like a 10 year olds done it.

My chilli's having loads of little white flies on them and me not knowing what they are or how to get rid of them.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Derbymanc wrote:People who throw insults instead of actually debating a point (see it a lot on Tumblr/Facebook)

Getting my writing in my head written on paper/word without it sounding like a 10 year olds done it.

My chilli's having loads of little white flies on them and me not knowing what they are or how to  get rid of them.

Talking about Chilli's........

True men that kill coyote's...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Have you gotten better at Singstar, Derby? If all else fails, stop trying to sing the songs, just get your pitch right. Sure it's cheating, but losing to your Mrs in any video game is unacceptable.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Haha, if anything i've gotten worse. Haven't won a game for nearly a year even with the dulcet tones of Oasis on there now.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:48 am

Getting charged for paying for stuff.

50p card charge for cigarettes sir.
minimum spend £5 sir.
£2.50 charge for cash back sir.

Feck off.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14 am

The shrinking of food products while prices stay the same. This is endemic these days, Yorkie being the biggest offender. They're feckin tiny now compared to years ago! I've sent e-mails of complaint to both manufacturers and to a consumer rights TV show, but there doesn't seem to be much chance of anything being done about this. Do any of you fellow consumers feel strongly about this?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:19 am

Yeah, it's bad enough getting older but I keep wondering if my adult eyes are just seeing everything smaller Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:32 am

When I'm sitting down to have a dump at work and the tip of my knob touches the seat.  Makes me feel diseased for hours.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:35 am

Coke cans used to be 340ml, and now they're 330ml. The arrogance to even put the rip off on the can.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:48 am

Galted wrote:When I'm sitting down to have a dump at work and the tip of my knob touches the seat.  Makes me feel diseased for hours.

This plagued me even worse in America. Their water is really high up in the bowl, kept getting a wet kay-nob. Had to hold my man sausage up in the air whilst I dropped off the brownies.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:51 am

kingraf wrote:Coke cans used to be 340ml, and now they're 330ml. The arrogance to even put the rip off on the can.

?? They've Always been 500ml (discontinued 10 or 12 years ago) and 330 ml over here.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:06 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:Coke cans used to be 340ml, and now they're 330ml. The arrogance to even put the rip off on the can.

?? They've Always been 500ml (discontinued 10 or 12 years ago) and 330 ml over here.

We had two. 340ml and 450ml. They changed the 340 to 330 and the 450 to 440. The arrogant pigs. Don't know if we still have the 440ml. Seems to be an on/off thing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 am

Ah you mean those ones where you ripped off the ring pull instead of pushing it into the can? They had those in Pakistan but switched to the ones we have in the uk . Looks like they're standardizing it across the board. All coke bottles now having a red lid etc and switching your cans for the ones we have

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:46 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Ah you mean those ones where you ripped off the ring pull instead of pushing it into the can? They had those in Pakistan but switched to the ones we have in the uk . Looks like they're standardizing it across the board. All coke bottles now having a red lid etc and switching your cans for the ones we have

Yes. The dreaded ring. Was always a source of sadness if the damn thing broke off. Don't drink coke anymore. Too sugary. Chilled Sparkling water for the win. Probably is a standardisation thing then. I only went to England after Coke changed to 330ml, so I didn't realise it was the standard. Funny enough, we have a bottle, but I think, if I remember correctly, that it's 300ml. So we have 200, 330 and 440ml cans. And 300ml, 500ml, 1l, 1.25l, 2l and 2.25l bottles.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 am

Ah the two litre bottle. God I loved that. used to buy one daily it used to take up all the room in the fridge not occupied by groceries so mum couldnt refrigerate leftover food and warm it for the next day. Fresh hot food daily.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:28 am

I never had that problem when taking a dump on holiday in America, but then again my Winkle is well below average.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Work colleagues who decide to send out multi-million pound contracts and then decide to say "oh I thought I would check if this should've gone out?"

picard picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:53 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Work colleagues who decide to send out multi-million pound contracts and then decide to say "oh I thought I would check if this should've gone out?"

picard picard
another 1st world problem  Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:08 am

Adam D wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Work colleagues who decide to send out multi-million pound contracts and then decide to say "oh I thought I would check if this should've gone out?"

picard picard
another 1st world problem  Laugh

It's no wonder we lost our AAA rating Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:59 am

Speaking of Gear grinders... Waking up to Black Monday was quite sad. Saw a lot of money dissappear down a virtual black hole.

Still, ExxonMobil, Apple and Coca-Cola are up today, so c'est la vie.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:36 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Galted wrote:When I'm sitting down to have a dump at work and the tip of my knob touches the seat.  Makes me feel diseased for hours.

This plagued me even worse in America. Their water is really high up in the bowl, kept getting a wet kay-nob. Had to hold my man sausage up in the air whilst I dropped off the brownies.

We'll sir, seems I was just about to call you a lyin' sonofabitch when I winged my way westward to conduct a mighty investigation. Seems in the states of Massachusetts and Texas the water in the sh1twagons is high as you say. When in Boston I deposited some gut rot and the water was so high it slid right on in without so much of a splashin'

"Goddamn..." I said to myself, "...goddamn, goldarnit and damnation".
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Was at the opening of a new building today. About 500 people were there. As soon as the formalities finished we were all invited for some food and drinks that had been laid out on a few long tables.

Could tell that everyone was a bit hungry but it seemed as though everyone was waiting for someone else to make the first move. I was 3rd in the queue. I used the separate tongs provided to put a small sandwich, a wrap and some tasty little salmon thing on my plate so I didn't have to come back for a second serving. However some people just dived in with their grubby hands. Sort of pee'd me off. No respect for the health of other fellow citizens!

What do you think? So paranoid about picking up germs from folks with bad hygiene... I thought phuck it... get in early and play it safe.
At least I had some degree of good manners.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 am

As long as their hands are touching their own food - that's fine. Like if they drag a piece of cod onto their plate or something that's fine but hands in salad is nasty even if I won't eat it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:40 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Was at the opening of a new building today. About 500 people were there. As soon as the formalities finished we were all invited for some food and drinks that had been laid out on a few long tables.

Could tell that everyone was a bit hungry but it seemed as though everyone was waiting for someone else to make the first move. I was 3rd in the queue. I used the separate tongs provided to put a small sandwich, a wrap and some tasty little salmon thing on my plate so I didn't have to come back for a second serving. However some people just dived in with their grubby hands. Sort of pee'd me off. No respect for the health of other fellow citizens!

What do you think? So paranoid about picking up germs from folks with bad hygiene... I thought phuck it... get in early and play it safe.
At least I had some degree of good manners.

Went to a Watford match with an obese p1sshead mate of mine about 10 years ago.  We got bladdered before the game and completely paralytic afterwards, ending up at his local Chinese in Rickmansworth.  We chose the buffet and headed up to the selection, stumbling and bumping into diners.  I had great difficulty manipulating the tongs in my drunken state and dropped most of what I picked up into the other dishes before I could get it to my plate.  I looked to him to see how he was getting on and he wasn't even bothering to use the tongs, he was just shoving his hands into each dish and dragging it onto his plate.  He got into a few altercations and then exchanged verbal abuse with the owner, which culminated in a "you f*ck off right now" after his third visit to the buffet when he piled his plate, brought it back to our table and demanded a doggy bag.  How we didn't get the sh1t kicked out of us I don't know.  I haven't been back since, not just to the Chinese but to Rickmansworth.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:44 am

Villa fans galted. We are a classy bunch

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:09 am

westisbest wrote:Villa fans galted. We are a classy bunch

Laugh

We are west, I managed to do us proud by not vomiting once and hurling abuse and a lighter at the opposition (Rotherham) keeper.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:15 pm

People talking in the cinema grinds my gears on an epic scale.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:26 pm

incontinentia wrote:People talking in the cinema grinds my gears on an epic scale.

I also prefer films from the silent era.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by gw on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:09 pm

The millions of "Think Bike" signs on the side of the road......why can't bikers think cars, lorries, pedestrians and slow the f*** down?

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:16 pm

gw wrote:The millions of "Think Bike" signs on the side of the road......why can't bikers think cars, lorries, pedestrians and slow the f*** down?

+1 clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Cyclists on paths, who still speed along at 100mph, expecting pedestrians to move out of the way. I do use the paths at times, but slow down when there are walkers in my vicinity.
The opposite to that. Mums pushing their buggies down the cycle lane, two abreast, whilst having a nice little natter.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:19 pm

What gets me is when they ride side by side on Country roads so you're stuck behind them for miles on end...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by gw on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm

On the subject of cyclists, have you guys seen this........
https://youtu.be/_6e0t8sDevs

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Little hitler
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum