That really grinds my gears thread

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 6 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 6 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:53 am

Lack of courtesy, in general.

Cyclists on country lanes should move to single file to allow over taking. And if using a footpath it should be brief and carefully.

Similarly motor vehicles should not cross into/over cycle lanes and park at lights in the cycle bays at the front of traffic. Proper indicating and not blindly opening car doors would be helpful too.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 6 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

gw wrote:On the subject of cyclists, have you guys seen this........
https://youtu.be/_6e0t8sDevs

Power of the press/internet - that pr!ck's business got poleaxed. He lost tens of thousands of pounds.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:10 am

Car insurance renewals.  That came through the post.  £76 higher than last year, even though the same company were offering it cheaper on t’internet.

The conversation went something like this;

Me: “I don’t want to renew, it is too expensive and I have found something on-line”
Insurance company: “Can we match it?”
Me: “Probably, seeing as you’re one of the cheaper options on there”
Insurance company: “Ah, that is only for on-line applications”
Me: “But you wrote to me renewing it?  You told me to ring if I wasn’t happy with the renewal quote?  I am perfectly happy to do it on-line.  I never wanted to call you in the first place”
Insurance company: “Have any of your details changed?”
Me: “Yes, I am one year older.  Now, can you offer me the cheaper quote that you lot are offering on-line?”
Insurance company: “No, that is for on-line applications only”
Me: “You f*cking morons.  I’m going else where”.

The same company.  A good £31 cheaper on-line but I can’t have it because they forced me to call and do it over the phone.

C*nts.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:14 am

Similar one here Tino. 500 pounds more than last year. Why?

Luton.

Laugh picard

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:15 am

I had a similar experience with my phone renewal Tina, picked a model and plan, they quoted me £23 on the phone, with my valued and long standing customer discount applied, I was online at the time and it was £21 for new customers. It was apparently cheaper without a discount than with one. Not sure I understand. In all fairness to Virgin they did match the online fee, but did strike me as a bit odd.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:17 am

The girl I spoke to was Scottish. I put it down to that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:18 am

You insure your phone Rowley? You've out southerned galted

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:20 am

ShahenshahG wrote:You insure your phone Rowley? You've out southerned galted

Replacing two tin cans and piece of string can be an expensive affair, Shah.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Replacing two tin cans and piece of string can be an expensive affair, Shah.

What does TSMR'S bra have to do with this?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What gets me is when they ride side by side on Country roads so you're stuck behind them for miles on end...

Especially when you've had a few.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

Did I say I insured my phone you cretin?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:33 am

Rowley wrote:

Laugh

Careful, Jeff. You know what Shah does to non-believers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

I'm not worried Tina, comments like that just make me think he is like that bloke on Four Lions who wants to blow up the internet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:45 am

Rowley wrote:

laughing I apologise Rowley. I did wonder if you'd been fleeced by a lancastrIan again but evidently not.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

Short fuses and a bad pair of running shoes.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gw on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 11:14 am

Bikers who ride within an arms length of your bumper, bullying you to move to the left so they can squeeze by, then shake their head at you because you didn't do it sooner....before riding off at 100 mph.

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm

People using pictures of their kid(s) as their profile picture for various social networking sites. Why do people do this? Are they they so happy that they managed to procreate that they want the whole world to know about it?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:10 am

Also, where's the right to privacy for the kid? I'm sure they won't be entirely happy when they grow up that their mother just shared with the world that they had their first "dry night" in months.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 5:54 pm

Annoying to be driving at 30mph in a suburban road (not particularly wide) in 30 mph zone to be overtaken by an impatient driver in a flash car.  Caught up with the car at the T junction so (s)he had saved about 3 seconds by overtaking me.

Get annoyed by unnecessarily aggressive drivers.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:06 pm

My niece, who seems to be trying to convince everyone on FACEBOOK that she has some kind of facial tic/deformity when she is in fact an ordinary and quite pretty little girl but will insist on changing her profile picture to show her looking like a startled chimp.

Also, the fact that I have to "like" everything she puts on FACEBOOK otherwise her mother start getting really snotty and accusing me of not caring. To be honest, she's my wife's niece, I simply inherited her through marriage and, as such, really don't care just how much she adores One Direction this week. She also posts these ridiculous things whereby you have to press something, type A and then hold you breath and it will reveal who you will marry. I genuinely don't recall being that stupid as a child. I used to spend my free time drawing or reading books or riding my bike not reposting "hilarious" things that strangers have already discovered and claim them for myself.

My nephew (her brother) I just can't warm to him.

Inconsiderate motorcyclists as cited above but with the added annoyance of them wearing helmet cams which apparently renders them oblivious their tw-attitude towards everyone else on the roads.

Members of the public.....hate 'em!

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm

I hate being in the middle of eating and needing to go for a sh1te

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:02 pm

I hate being in the middle of having a poo and needing something to eat

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:04 pm

I hate recyclers like DAVE667

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:45 pm

Listen mate, the bags I use are biodegradable...much like the body parts that are usually in 'em!

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:48 pm

People who don't contribute to society through idleness.
These people are very much on it though when it comes to knowing their rights.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm

Planning on having a nice relax on the bog, only for it to be over in a flash.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:32 pm

Bet the motorcycle helmet doesn't show their speed.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

Contrived controversy, especially about 'politically correct' issues.

I'm thinking in particular about the story yesterday regarding the new UK passport and the fact that 'only' 2 out of 9 historically significant Britons illustrated in it were women, and the calls from some quarters about this being sexist.

Being realistic for a moment, there have been relatively few women Britons of historical significance, simply because that's how society was. It was being argued that either Jane Austin or one of the Bronte sisters should have been included, but there is only one writer represented and I don't think may could put up a cogent argument that either Bronte sister was more important than Shakespeare...

Oh, and in a similar vein, the recent Virgin Media advert with the girl and her mother watching various female stars on the tablet. It's just as sexist to focus solely on female interests and icons as it is male ones, so in an attempt to be PC, Virgin Media have managed to make the least PC advert currently being shown.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 4:38 pm

Even in the cause of feminism, there are far, far more important things to worry about.

Also, the Queen is all over the damn thing. Last time I checked, she was a woman.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 4:57 pm

I do a tremendous Prince Philip impersonation. I pull a note out of my wallet, point to the Queen and, in a passable Prince Philip voice, say, "I've sh@gged her!"

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 5:00 pm

pr4wn

two good points. I think more than anything it's really criticism of the media, and their ability to find a 'talking head' to make a comment that they can then build a story round.

Undoubtedly there are still some issues with sexism and other discrimination in the UK, although I think in the main we are much improved over the last 30 or so years (and anyone who doesn't believe me, watch the 'It was alright in the 70s' tv programme as a reminder of how far we have come). It's just that you have to pick your fights on important issues, not the triviality or the areas where your case is weak.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 5:27 pm

When the most popular women's author is the silly mare who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey(I say "wrote", I mean defecated on a piece of paper) then anyone claiming that women should be taken more seriously in literary terms, should go sit down and behave.

Our most "famous" champion for equality, Germain Greer, said that when a little girl kisses her father goodnight, she's actually exerting her sexual authority over him and having heard that, I firmly believe women have issues far greater than being fairly portrayed on a bank note no-one actually gives two sh!ts about who adorns it.

Supposedly our most powerful women (outside of the Queen) are Mary Berry and Baroness Karen Brady (although I'd like to meet her and call her Lady Brady). However, putting dithery old Mary aside, we're supposed to take Lady Brady seriously as a businesswomen yet all we ever see of her is her simpering and fawning over the terrible one liners being fed to that spud faced chancer Alan Sugar then listening to her criticizing TV job applicants she wouldn't employ to clean her toilets in the real world. Is this what she does? I don't think so, but she chooses to be portrayed in this way and have her business brain alluded to as opposed to being demonstrated.

Tragically, women are looking to people like Beyoncé, Kim f*cking Kardashian and her tribe of fame hungry ret*rds, Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole as role models. Have some self respect and be yourself ladies.

I'm pig sick of some women bleating about the sexist way they're portrayed in the media yet when you look at these Women's magazines, the articles are either "Get abs like Rita Ora NOW!" or articles fat-shaming Rita Ora for having what looks like cellulite on her thigh. Also, answer me this madam, who the f*ck is the editor of these magazines you buy then complain about cos it sure as sh!t ain't a bloke.

Ads for longer eyelashes, I've never looked at a women and decided that the length of her eyelashes is the reason I'm going to approach her and strike up a conversation. Same with longer lasting lipstick and 48 hour mascara....wash your face before you go to bed you dirty cow!

Fair play to the agencies now using "plus size" models but shame on these same agencies for not imply referring to them as "models". Even in bowing to public pressure they're still highlighting the fact that these women aren't considered a "normal" size or shape.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 5:39 pm

on a similar note to above, sky sports news and the bbc are doing my head in over egging womens sport, why am i being force fed all this about womens sport, and how great it is when a non league football team would put double figures past the womens best teams.

i suspect its mainly due to majority of these stations losing there main sports, so instead have been trying to big up womens sports as its much cheaper to broadcast

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 7:48 pm

Flight delays are pretty annoying.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 9:54 pm

My eldest likes a burger king every now and again...Unfortunately he hates eating alone !!... so reluctantly I accompany him to the drive through...

Anyway everytime I order his food and then say "just a double whopper on its own" and everytime I get "Is that a Double whopper meal"...

If I wanted a meal I'd ask for one...

Pedantic I know...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 10:49 pm

That's a problem that only violence can solve, Truss.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 8:50 am

Women + Dishwashers

I load our dishwasher 90% of the time and also unload it about the same.

However, over the last 15 years, it would appear that everyone else who has ever loaded my dishwasher, wants to do it in a completely random way which makes no logical sense. Now it might be that I played too much Tetris as a child but am I the only person who can logically place the dishes in the bloody thing to maximise the space?

How many 100s of times have they seen how I have loaded and yet they still think that randomly throwing stuff in there is a better technique.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 9:33 am

You could have stopped at women!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

Please try to keep the chat out of the gutter. Thanks.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:25 am

Stella wrote:You could have stopped at women!

One and the same....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:02 pm

Adam D wrote:Women + Dishwashers

I load our dishwasher 90% of the time and also unload it about the same.

However, over the last 15 years, it would appear that everyone else who has ever loaded my dishwasher, wants to do it in a completely random way which makes no logical sense. Now it might be that I played too much Tetris as a child but am I the only person who can logically place the dishes in the bloody thing to maximise the space?

How many 100s of times have they seen how I have loaded and yet they still think that randomly throwing stuff in there is a better technique.

Women and plastic boxes

Recently bought a selection of boxes from Really Useful Boxes to store things in the cupboards and under the bed. The missus launched into a screech about how I wasted money by buying too many before she'd even begun packing her sh1t away.  After about half an hour's packing she started moaning that we didn't have enough. After conducting a brief investigation I found that she had shoved a pile of clothes into a box then put that box into one of the other boxes.

F*cked up thing is that she wasn't even joking.

Last edited by Galted on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:31 pm

Boxes that aren't useful...you know, the stupid decorative ones that women buy to put just one thing that could easily be stuffed in a drawer somewhere and forgotten about rather than kept in a decorative box...and forgotten about.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:09 pm

I won't have a word said against my girl...When you can use lots of words...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:56 am

Getting to second base with a gorgeous straight (ahem) Italian lad, but no further.

That really grinds my gears. Damn I was so close.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

Duty281 wrote:Getting to second base with a gorgeous straight (ahem) Italian lad, but no further.

You can't beat a neighborhood play !!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:34 pm

Duty281 wrote:Getting to second base with a gorgeous straight (ahem) Italian lad, but no further.

Shouldn't the (ahem) go before the word 'straight'?  As in (ahem) straight.  As in he wasn't straight at all.  He is/was in fact one of those gayers?

Or are you saying he was (ahem) Italian?  So not really Italian at all?

What has his place of birth got to do with w*nking him off?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:57 pm

Perhaps Duty is doing the A-Z of Worldwide gaying and was torn ('scuse the pun) between the Italian chap and a stud from Iceland.

Anyway, speaking of this, did anyone watch this week's episode of Peep Show with Jez having sex with a bloke in Mark's bedroom? Hilarious stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Perhaps Duty is doing the A-Z of Worldwide gaying and was torn ('scuse the pun) between the Italian chap and a stud from Iceland.

What about Ireland? There are some handsome gays from Ireland.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm

I have Irish ancestry....I'm handsome.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 7:02 pm

Let's give it a go then.  I'm far too mean-spirited to let Duty have the satisfaction of being the only gay in this village.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum