The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs Gavin

+21
catchweight
dangerous_mouse
AlexHuckerby
hampo17
rob-glos
TopHat24/7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
Rodney
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
Hammersmith harrier
lambertm100
88Chris05
Rowley
kingraf
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brook vs Gavin - Page 2 Empty Kell Brook vs Frankie Gavin - May 30th?

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Rumours are that Gavin has side stepped his 9th May showdown with Van Heerden for a World Title shot at the O2 with Kell Brook.

Not confirmed just yet but it appears to be a nearly done deal with Eddie promoting both fighters.

What are the thoughts on this fight? Does Funtime deserve a chance? Should the world champion be fighting better names? Who wins and how?

Personally it's a big step up from Jo Jo Dan and with Frankies past talents if he turns it on he could go the distance.

Brook too strong and too confident at the moment and is an all round better fighter and with another southpaw I feel a late stoppage maybe around 7.

If it happens of course

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Gavin - Page 2 Empty Re: Brook vs Gavin

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Bradley can do everything porter can do but is a superior boxer and more aspects to his game, and the only advantage Porter has is his power but you aren't knocking out Bradley so Bradley points in an entertaining scrap

We are both forgetting however that Porter is a mini-Mike Tyson !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm

You have to think this could be one of the roughest and dirtiest fights ever!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

Just been reading more about Brook vs Gavin, Eddie has said that this fight is a possibility for the 30th of May on the O2 card. Can't see anything other than Gavin losing that fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm

Another awesome name on the Brook resume. Can't blame anyone for being a massive fan of Brook and Hearn for delivering relevant fight after fight..... oh wait..... its a "Business" right?

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:10 pm

Gavin just scraped past Skeete in which he was outboxedfor decent portions of that, Brook is levels above that and a much bigger and stronger puncher in which he could manhandle Gavin around.

Not a hard fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:11 pm

If they fight him it makes Eddie and Brook morons for moaning about Algieri, can't moan about that and then fight someone worse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:16 pm

Great... so the 2 brits shiyt themselves so tactfully end up fighting each other while the Americans end up in the better fight. Great show lads

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:It's a decent stay busy fight for him - Gavin will pose him some problems before (you'd imagine) being overpowered. Brook's unlikely to get hurt and so could roll again in the summer.

Stay busy fights for "Champions".......

Whatever next..

He's no champion - one of the top contenders for the winner of May-Pac (the winner of that becomes welterweight boss).

I'd rather see British lads fight decent domestic rivals than South Americans brought over for £35k. Gavin will give it a go. I'd rather see Quigg fight Galahad than another import.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:02 pm

Pretty predictable. Looks like Matchroom are really struggling to deliver these days. If it was added to the May card and shown on Sky it wouldnt be too bad but I wouldnt be surprised to see that bumped up to ppv. Then onto someone like Berto or Ortiz for Brook afterwards.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZZ Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm

Brook is a joke.

He wants a piece of the big pie without fighting anyone decent first. If I were Kahn I'd keep him waiting

ZZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm

I'm not sold on Brook yet. He was lucky to get the nod over Shawn Porter, I had the fight a draw, and I suspect he'll fight largely low level opposition until he gets a money fight and loses his title.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The plank is criticising Brook but can't defend Ward or Khan enough.

If you weren't so stupid................I said everybody deserves one easy defence............

P**s off back on boxrec.....

Remember when Hammer started arguing about some fighter's power because he had a ko5 on boxrec....

Turned out a poster had seen it and it was a cut stoppage !!
Laugh thumbsup

What kind of pedantic nugget would pick someone up on a thing like that?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:08 pm

I like porter Bradley as a fight. See it like truss does but interesting match up.

Brook Gavin makes khan Algieri look appealing.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:11 pm

milkyboy wrote:I like porter Bradley as a fight. See it like truss does but interesting match up.

Brook Gavin makes khan Algieri look appealing.

I think Brook vs Gavin might be a good fight, not because Gavin's a good pro but because Brook isn't as good as some people think.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm

The porter win was an excellent performance away from home sam, but like you I had it much closer than the judges. Some seemed to go from thinking brook was nothing to thinking he was a world beater off the back of it. Personally I always thought he was a good fighter with stamina issues, but he answered those, and any questions over big fight temperament, in the porter fight.

Jury still out a bit for me, need to see him at the top level again but has far too much for Gavin in my view.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm

Khan has been doing the same thing ever since he fought Maidana, which is to take on opponents that have have a credible pedigree but stylistically match up well for him and plot him closer to a fight with Mayweather. Brook makes a bit of noise and a lot people suddenly re-evaluate Khans ambitions. I dont think he has changed his career path whatsoever. Even the lowest risk fights Khan is taking on would be superstars next to what Brook has been feasting on though, which says a lot. Khan has options. Brook needs to make himself relevant.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:24 pm

milkyboy wrote:The porter win was an excellent performance away from home sam, but like you I had it much closer than the judges. Some seemed to go from thinking brook was nothing to thinking he was a world beater off the back of it. Personally I always thought he was a good fighter with stamina issues, but he answered those, and any questions over big fight temperament, in the porter fight.

Jury still out a bit for me, need to see him at the top level again but has far too much for Gavin in my view.

Fair point. Brook did better than I thought he would against Porter.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 09 Apr 2015, 1:42 pm

I thought Witter was outboxing Gavin until he remembered he was old and faded. Has Gavin put on a good performance since goin pro?? I must have missed it if he did. Two poor fights in a row for a world champion.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2