The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions For Jason Gavern

+3
Derbymanc
DuransHorse
hampo17
7 posters

Go down

Questions For Jason Gavern Empty Questions For Jason Gavern

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm

Jason will hopefully be joining us on next weeks podcast. If you have any questions for him please post them here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Questions For Jason Gavern Empty Re: Questions For Jason Gavern

Post by DuransHorse Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:32 pm

Yeah, why were you so jovial after getting beaten by Joshua?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:37 pm

When did you realise you weren't good enough for the upper echelons and does it affect your preparations for fights.

Are you happy to be used as experience for up and coming heavyweights and does it pay well enough.

Do you feel that maybe you just need one good showing/win against a prospect to throw you into a higher level.

(sorry if this seems disrespectful) Do you always box to your full ability when you know your in there as a stepping stone or do you sometimes hold back for fear of being blacklisted for these tasks (I vaguely remember a journeyman stating this a few years back)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:43 pm

Having been in the ring with a fair few new contenders who do you rate most? How do you see them getting on?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:38 am

Re: your last question Derby. Do you reckon that's more a case of the journeyman revising history after the fact and giving it the big one (I could have won if I tried)? I don't think boxing's the kind of sport you go in half baked. I just think it's such a dangerous sport, you have to protect yourself. Just to dangerous not to give it your all when the other guy could potentially do serious damage to your health.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:01 am

It's possible Dipper and is something i've thought about for a while. But to clarify it a bit, I don't mean like not training properly but maybe not letting off with as much power or showing off your skills as much as you could.

I've become fascinated with the idea of the journeyman since my kids started and have nothing but the highest respect for these guys that know they're there to lose yet carry on anyway.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:01 am

Gavern did say after the fight, Joshua has the best training money can buy whereas he has to train after he's been to work and put the kids to bed. Lots of respect but bloody dangerous to go into a fight knowing your the sacrificial lamb.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:45 am

DuransHorse wrote:Gavern did say after the fight, Joshua has the best training money can buy whereas he has to train after he's been to work and put the kids to bed. Lots of respect but bloody dangerous to go into a fight knowing your the sacrificial lamb.

My question is.......... Why don't you go and get a job and stop wasting your time and ours ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:53 am

Probably does have a 9-5 Truss but perhaps it doesn't go too far and he clearly has an aptitude for throwing punches. Problem is, that means he comes up against people who hurt people for a living.

When I was growing up I thought I could play a bit of football, in reality I was athletic and big for my age. Further I went I met people who were just as physically fit but had superior technique. Steep learning curve but nobody was hitting me in the face. I've never boxed but I imagine that moment of realisation when you know there are levels above you is quite daunting. Kudos to the journeymen who can dust themselves off and go again.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

A lot of these fighters are Boxing prostitutes mate............

I'll give you £800 to abuse your body.....

Not that I have a problem with prostitution....Unlike Gavern they satisfy the fans....and I don't have to watch it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:03 am

Listen, Eddie's letting these guys dip their finger in the leftover juice at the bottom of the strawberry punnet...it's an honour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:05 am

Would you accept the challenge of the "Nature Boy" Rick Flair to fight over the rights to "Whoooooooo!"?

Would you accept the challenge of the Beastie Boys to fight for the right to party?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 12 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

This has now been confirmed and Jason will be on Wednesdays show.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Gavern did say after the fight, Joshua has the best training money can buy whereas he has to train after he's been to work and put the kids to bed. Lots of respect but bloody dangerous to go into a fight knowing your the sacrificial lamb.

My question is.......... Why don't you go and get a job and stop wasting your time and ours ??

Because not everyone can just get gifted a job & a house from their father in law??

As stated by others, he has a 9-5, but clearly it doesn't provide the life for his family which he desires. He's got sufficient talent to cut it at the lower echelons of pro-boxing so works bloody hard to use that to better his earnings.

Who knows, earning £20-30k pa as a journeyman might double what he's getting for the 9-5.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down