The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage VIII

+10
LukeLovesLuka
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
Driver
Steven_Sharks
BamBam
dammit_chris
Fluxy
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
14 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 Empty Season 7 Homepage VIII

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 11 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: London Wasps regain their crown following playoff final victory. 

Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 6London Wasps * 2218136265646269498283
2Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 12Sale Sharks *2218046165467068497482
3Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 9Northampton Saints     2216066065535362518678
4Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 7Harlequins *2212286055644160543862
5Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 4Leicester Tigers2211295515411047470957
6Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 1Bath Rugby *2210111572579-7575531151
7Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 2Gloucester2291125825775585331251
8Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 8Newcastle Falcons *229112553579-26525331050
9Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 11Saracens *229211546578-32475311050
10Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 48Exeter Chiefs *227411538568-30465401146
11Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 50London Welsh224018513601-88456101228
12Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 5London Irish *222218531601-70436411627

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Sat 13 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm; edited 6 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage VIII - Page 19 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage VIII

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 02 Jun 2015, 8:31 pm

I'm not sure what Thomas has done? Being playing well enough from what I've seen/read.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:10 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:It was only the Ba's though CJ lol

Yeah a better Bas team than the one that outclassed Ireland B
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

Brown, Higginbotham and jp are available
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:49 pm

Lads I've highlighted some issues I've seen this season on the ideas page. I'd like everyone to get involved and discuss them. Please get involved on the ideas page. Heres a copy of the issues below.

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:I see a few issues with the game which I have been holding off on really commenting on till the season was finished.

I (and others) have strong suspicions of tactical predicting in the last few months of the season. I have seen some predictions completely against the grain, games 'accidentally' missed off predictions and have suspicions of predictions being held off to have a greater impact on the result.

I have seen grudges being held in predictions as well. It looks to me like some predictions have been given as payback for results given against them. There has been heavy player slating in some predictions as well in response to player discussions on the home page or in other predictions.

The wumming on the home page continues to grow and grow. Very hard to have any conversation on there these days without it kicking off. I appreciate there's some rugby opinion there but Pooly needs to tame in the wum attempts. It reads as if your disagreeing for the sake of it at times. The over hyping of players needs to stop as well. Many of the arguments start off the back of it. The double teaming on Pooly in these arguments should  stop as well.  

The wumming is an issue but so are the personal attacks. On any other part of this forum bans would have been given for some of the jibes this past season. If people want me to ban for wumming then they will have to accept me banning for unnecessary personal attacks.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm

Btw the budgets are up to date with all prize money and releases to date

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:26 am

Just been having a think on who I would take as the 31 man squad

Props - Marler, Mako, Corbs, Cole, Wilson, Brookes
Hooker - Youngs, George, LCD (although Webber will probably be in)
Lock - Lawes, Launchbury, Parling, Slater (covering 6)
Back row - Robshaw, Wood, Billy V, Morgan, Haskell
SH - Youngs, Care, Wigglesworth
FH- Ford, Farrell
Centre- Barritt, Joseph, Burrell, Slade
Back 3 - Watson, Nowell, Brown, May/Yarde (depending on who performs better in warm ups)

I think Lancaster is more likely to go with

Props - Marler, Mako, Corbs, Cole, Wilson, Brookes
Hooker - Youngs, Webber, LCD
Lock - Lawes, Launchbury, Parling, Attwood
Back row - Robshaw, Wood, Billy V, Morgan, Haskell
SH - Youngs, Care, Wigglesworth
FH- Ford, Farrell
Centre- Barritt, Joseph, Twelvetrees
Back 3 - Watson, Nowell, Brown, May, Goode

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

I'd go with the first squad Bam but Webber in for LCD.

Just watching the AP final, George has been immense. Why did I sell him lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

Wilson got ruined by Vuinipola, worrying going into the WC as Mako isn't the best scrummager about.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm

Auterac dominating Figallo, not sure if that's due to Auterac's progression or Figallo's decline.

Thomas looks good when he comes on, I'd be tempted to take him to the WC.

Farrell well deserved motm, coming into form at just the right time.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

I'm glad you did sell George Wink even though it was quite a price!!

Not sure on Farrell being motm, but he did have a decent game. Not sure he did a whole lot other than kick his goals and walk in that try, the forwards were just dominant, would have given it to one of them

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 04 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

Auterac won the first scrum when he was fresh. One of the 2 scrums Bath had the better of all game by my recollection.

He in no way 'dominated' Figallo. I think it could even have been du plessis in that first scrum he was on.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm

Bam, I'd add Itoje on the squad list, I think he could get in ahead of Slater and Attwood. Will be close.

Think Cipriani had got himself into the squad on Sunday ahead of Slade but has completely messed that up, real shame as he was very good to have off the bench if we needed to quicken the tempo.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm

Not so sure about Mako not being a good scrummager these days Pooly - the Sarries coaching set up have made great strides with him there. Compare him to 12 months ago and he's a different player.

They do get a lot out of their players, guys like Wray, the centre Taylor and they look very good in the Sarries system.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

Mako has come on but maafu and an out of practice Wilson not top opposition.

No chance Itoje in ahead of Attwood. I think his best chance is in the back row.

Launch, Lawes, Attwood, Parling, Kruis and Slater all ahead of him for me (in that
at order (can't call Attwood or Parling its horses for courses)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:38 pm

Auterac was on top pretty much every scrum against Figallo. It was complete reverse with Webber, Thomas and Auterac on. Can recall Figallo giving away 2/3 pens, one binding on the arm and can't recall the details on the others.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm

Itoje looked good at 6 but not sure of him at lock. Agree Attwood ahead.

Mako is good at AP level Chris, not sure about higher.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:44 pm

That is not how I remember it. Will watch again and check. I watched carefully as the first scrum was so impressive I was seeing if he could continue and remember him not managing it.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 6:20 pm

Sarries certainly had the better in the first and start of the 2nd. Wilson looked short of match fitness.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm

Gloucester docked 2pts

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/news/36101.php

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:48 pm

Interesting how the rfu decided to appeal against the decision and wanted the points docked.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

Saw this yesterday prop and its a bit
Rich considering how they backed down against the salary cap.

Glos should be deducted points as
It's a clear rule and their mistake

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:35 pm

Yeah I agree glos should be docked just odd that the rfu appealed so that it was put in place!

The salary cap fiasco is a joke and shows how powerful owners can get their own way
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:44 pm

Releasing Masi if anyone wants to buy him ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

Craig Joubert on total rugby talking through World Cup final 2011. Forgot how badly the French stuffed the kiwi scrum.

Whilst not a cracking game was properly physical and French really turned up. 

Always interesting to re watch games like that. Dusatoir had one of those days where he is just a force of nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:46 pm

All blacks look like having cruden, luatua, tuipoloutu missing for Wc.

Cips Tuilagi and hartley for england is a bigger loss though.

Has anyone been watching combrinck for the lions this year. Been best wing in s 15 and seriously tempted. So many good players available In foreigns

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 05 Jun 2015, 12:45 am

anonmattyt wrote:All blacks look like having cruden, luatua, tuipoloutu missing for Wc.

Has anyone been watching combrinck for the lions this year. Been best wing in s 15 and seriously tempted. So many good players available In foreigns

Reckon we have good enough replacements for all 3
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:04 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:All blacks look like having cruden, luatua, tuipoloutu missing for Wc.

Reckon we have good enough replacements for all 3
Love the positivity mate. I am the opposite. Think we will go out fairly early. We lack experience and have a coach out of his depth.

Can't see where we will break the line. Backrow balance not right.

Wilson and launchbury will improve us but props take time to get full fitness after injury so he needs games. Him with Cole off the bench or vice versa against lesser scrummaging teams is a great tight head duo. Launchbury back is the bright spot he is superb.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:20 am

Backrow balance has been fine against every team in the world, even the Boks. It's not the balance that's the issue, rather backrow form, when they are on form they can make any backrow in the world look like they've done nothing all game. As for breaking the line, we have plenty who can do it though it revolves around a) Lancaster picking some of them and b) players like Brown being fit and on form.

Think we'll get out of our group, then our run in isn't too bad. SF at least
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:21 am

When are we opening forgeins? Got my targets lined up!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:26 am

Cips won't be missed as he's never really played and Farrell & Ford are in good form.

Hartley I'd maybe agree but he's been in such poor form I'm not so sure. Tuilagi is certainly a miss but JJ coming through softens it a touch.

I agree CJ, I think semi finals.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:28 am

Sad news http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/05/former-all-black-jerry-collins-car-crash?CMP=twt_gu

Was a great player on his day and a thoroughly nice bloke when I met him.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:30 am

Just read that, horrible news, guy seemed to love the game at any level, can remember when he played for that Cornish team to help them out!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:41 am

Sad news, great player.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:40 am

Awful news, he was one of my favourite players, amazing at his peak. RIP, hope his baby daughter pulls through

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:36 am

Anyone want harry Robinson?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm

Cracking round the back pass by Parisse. Have to give that as a try!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:49 pm

Listening to offers for Moore/Lee/Slimani for anyone looking for a TH. Preferably looking for a winger/scrumhalf in return thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:09 pm

Parisse is having a cracking game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:10 pm

Yep seems to be everywhere in this one.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:18 pm

RIP Jerry Collins Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm

Sad news CJ. Was there any word on his daughter this evening?

Toulon looking really rattled. Stade causing a lot of problems at the scrum

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm

Cracking win for Stade. Burban & Parisse immense as were Slimani & Bonfils

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 05 Jun 2015, 10:09 pm

Slimani has been immense all season, big fan. He'll have that TH shirt tied down for years imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 10:46 pm

Hadn't realised Ollivon had signed up for Toulon. Was contemplating letting him go to make room for a target from releases.

Interesting season for Toulon next year. POC, Manoa and Nonu all signed on but Bakkies, Hayman, Williams & Masoe gone. Still need some recruitment in the front row. Both LHs great around the park but poor scrummagers and Ma'afu not the most dominant either at TH.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 05 Jun 2015, 10:55 pm

Talk on the rumours thread that Vermeulen might be signing for Saints rather than Toulon, which would be massive. But then again they do have Gorgodze lingering, if he decides to stay!

I thought you had released Ollivon and was hoping to pick him up cheap!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:10 pm

Nope mate came pretty close to it though! If Vermeaulen doesn't sign on he may well be their starting 8 next season Yahoo

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:39 pm

Chiocci without doubt worst 1 In France. Gets humiliated every scrum every game.

Suoerb about the park and an impact sub is best role. Can be devastating there. 

Toulon not as interested as they are in Europe.

Prefer gits 12

Morne steyn was 3rd choice before imjuries and has come back well. Was in a slump for years but is better than that. He is a
Winner. He is like the best version of Andy Goode. He kicks controls and cannot tackle but is so effective.
He is ten times the player he has been in France. His clutch kicks vs lions when I was in South Africa are the best kicks I have ever seen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 06 Jun 2015, 12:42 am

I take it you missed the EC final Matthew?

Chocci is far from a dominant LH but he held his own (and won a few) against Zirakashvilli who's arguably the best scrummaging TH about at the minute.

"Stuffed every game" when he played in the EC final and Toulon arguably had the better scrum is a bit of an odd thing to say.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2015, 7:09 am

Last night vs slimani was ugly. Vs Mas against Montpelier the commentator said " this is ugly and if it was a boxing match chiocci would be stopped for his own safety.

Also seen him get hidings against many others. Is be in wc squad ???

Psa loves impact subs and sends on the massive th from la Rochelle and debaty with great effect. I am a huge fan of impact Subs and believe bench is crucial. Chiocci would be mint off the bench as carries superbly. Can't scrummage though which is why he does not feature internationally.
If debaty who you say can't scrummage is above him it says it all. Lucky he has bakkies the best scrummaging lock ever behind him but still did not help him:

Toulon next year be interesting Taofufina and Poc massive unit/

Need
A proper ten and an 8 for masoe: is vermaulen confirmed.

See pickles bench again tomorrow. He suits impact sub as he is a suoerb carrier but not viable as a starting 8'as he has no work rate covering and filling gaps. That's why I think Hughes is not an 8. He relies on flankers to do all covering and general 8 work. Could be a great impact sub or ball carrying 6/ lack or brain means he can't play 8'at top level. He plays as a flanker and Could have a place there/ good solid prospEct

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 06 Jun 2015, 9:41 am

Its only a small sample but in 3 of Pickles last 4 starts he has out tackled either Nyanga, Dusatoir or both and he has made more yards then any other forward on the pitch in all games. Its a genuine surprise he's on the bench today in all the french press.

Isn't Hughes top for turnovers in the league this year? Much more then just a pure carrier.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next