What will happen Next?

Go down

What will happen next?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
7% 7% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
27% 27% 
[ 4 ]
53% 53% 
[ 8 ]
13% 13% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 15

What will happen Next?

Post by Crimey on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:39 pm

http://www.606v2.com/t53090-what-will-happen-next

Undertaker wrestled at Wrestlemania again at this years' Mania meaning we're due another of these poll.

Vote for the thing you expect to happen first.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:44 pm

You'd have to say its between Stone Cold (with Mania in Texas) and Lesnar winning the title. Heyman always has a chance due to what happens when the Authority goes, whilst HHH will want to go out as a big deal eventually so could always be one Mania away from doing so.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 21101
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by NickisBHAFC on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:07 am

I think HHH has another 10 years of wresting tbh, he is in great shape.  

The way tna are going atm could be them ...

My vote goes for Lesnar though

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11645
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

I'm voting for Daniel Bryan retiring.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by DrDeath on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

Heyman as GM - Joins Authority to combat Brock's aggressive antics

DrDeath

Posts : 282
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : Yewtree

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Samo on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

Going with Brock winning the title and Austin is my second choice.

I think the least likely is either a Shield member getting released and Shawn Michaels returning.

Samo

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm

If there is a plan to bring Austin back in any way where he does a wrestling move for the next WM (and why wouldn't they, I'd be watching). Then, I am really surprised that Cena is using the Stunner in the way he is.

I'd not see it as a problem if Cena added it to his arsenal and it was a winning move. It could even be used frequently to remind viewers of Austin and as a tease for his return.

My problem is, it's a move that has been modified to add more force and it's not a finishing move. So Austin comes back and hits a couple of stunners, fans are going to expect that whoever he gives that to gets straight back up. Or, am I over thinking this entirely and Austin hitting a stunner is Austin hitting a stunner.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Samo on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

Austin recently spoke about Cena using the stunner. He said he doesnt mind too much, but he would rather they built it up and made it more like a second finisher than just another move. Basically saying it kind of takes the shine off of his own stunner.

Samo

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:29 pm

Okay, I didn't know that. But I think he is bang on. I don't blame WWE and John Cena for blowing the dust off this move and adding a new twist. I'm also not so upset that a move that would have been a finisher 10 years ago just sets up the finisher now. But I can see Austin's point of view, and he's going to be asking himself if WWE has acclimatized its audience to view the Springboard Stunner as John Cena's set up move, does he really want to be standing in the middle of the ring doing his version?
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Samo on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/04/stone-cold-steve-austin-took-john-cena-to-task-for-his-goofy-springboard-stunner/

Its not the full transcript, but gets the jist of it over.

Samo

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm

Thanks. Goofy and John Cena in the same sentence still works, all those World Championships on Very Happy
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Crimey on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

Despite Austin denying it, reports are that he fell out with WWE which I think makes his return less likely.

I just can't see them giving Lesnar the world championship ever again. Over this contract, which I expect to be his last, he'll be at probably 12 pay per views. I think it worked really well once, but I just don't expect them to want to have a part-time champion again. He'll be used more for marquee feuds going forward.

I can definitely see Triple H retiring because I think having an active wrestler as a big shareholder and a big part of your corporate structure can look bad for the stock market. I'm expecting maybe one or two matches left in him. He might even end at WM33 with a match with Undertaker where they both finish. 

I voted for Paul Heyman becoming GM just because I can see WWE wanting to use him a bit more on TV in the future if the Authority leaves or even just goes away for a little bit.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Samo on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:10 pm

Crimey wrote:I just can't see them giving Lesnar the world championship ever again. Over this contract, which I expect to be his last, he'll be at probably 12 pay per views. I think it worked really well once, but I just don't expect them to want to have a part-time champion again. He'll be used more for marquee feuds going forward.

I think at this point you cant not give him the title again at some point. He never gave anyone the rub from pinning him after breaking the streak, and I dont see it happening by losing a rematch against Rollins as the challenger.

It might not happen this year, but I think he'll be Champion again before he leaves for good.

Samo

Posts : 4213
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

Crimey wrote:

I can definitely see Triple H retiring because I think having an active wrestler as a big shareholder and a big part of your corporate structure can look bad for the stock market. I'm expecting maybe one or two matches left in him. He might even end at WM33 with a match with Undertaker where they both finish. 


I'd actually say the opposite. I've heard reports that HHH's pay as a WWE Executive is around 600K. But, this has a top up of about 1M by him being on the talent roster. Unless HHH wants to take a big pay cut, I think he keeps himself on that talent roster as long as he can. For him to go back to that level of income means him either getting much, much more than other executives, which I think will be a big flag to investors. Or it means him getting a lot more shares, which again I think would be a red light for them.

So, unless the change from PPV to Network really changes how he can earn by being on the talent roster, I think he still keeps himself in the ring and earning big money as long as he can.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Crimey on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:20 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Crimey wrote:I can definitely see Triple H retiring because I think having an active wrestler as a big shareholder and a big part of your corporate structure can look bad for the stock market. I'm expecting maybe one or two matches left in him. He might even end at WM33 with a match with Undertaker where they both finish. 

I'd actually say the opposite.  I've heard reports that HHH's pay as a WWE Executive is around 600K.  But, this has a top up of about 1M by him being on the talent roster.  Unless HHH wants to take a big pay cut, I think he keeps himself on that talent roster as long as he can.  For him to go back to that level of income means him either getting much, much more than other executives, which I think will be a big flag to investors.  Or it means him getting a lot more shares, which again I think would be a red light for them.

So, unless the change from PPV to Network really changes how he can earn by being on the talent roster, I think he still keeps himself in the ring and earning big money as long as he can.

He has been buying a lot more shares though recently and he's already very rich as well as of course being a member of the McMahon family, money is really at the bottom of his priorities. There have been reports from the stock market end rather than the WWE end that Triple H being an active wrestler whilst still such a big part of their corporate structure is harmful to their image. He has no experience in business especially not one that size and so while his current step back from actually wrestling I'm sure is good, I think he'll have to take a complete step back if he does gain any more power in the business.

I think he'll value his long-term future as head of a global business empire more than he will his short-term potential to earn money as a wrestler. When Vince dies, it will likely mean he and Stephanie become super rich anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

He can be on the talent roster without wrestling

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 21101
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:39 pm

Crimey wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Crimey wrote:I can definitely see Triple H retiring because I think having an active wrestler as a big shareholder and a big part of your corporate structure can look bad for the stock market. I'm expecting maybe one or two matches left in him. He might even end at WM33 with a match with Undertaker where they both finish. 

I'd actually say the opposite.  I've heard reports that HHH's pay as a WWE Executive is around 600K.  But, this has a top up of about 1M by him being on the talent roster.  Unless HHH wants to take a big pay cut, I think he keeps himself on that talent roster as long as he can.  For him to go back to that level of income means him either getting much, much more than other executives, which I think will be a big flag to investors.  Or it means him getting a lot more shares, which again I think would be a red light for them.

So, unless the change from PPV to Network really changes how he can earn by being on the talent roster, I think he still keeps himself in the ring and earning big money as long as he can.

He has been buying a lot more shares though recently and he's already very rich as well as of course being a member of the McMahon family, money is really at the bottom of his priorities. There have been reports from the stock market end rather than the WWE end that Triple H being an active wrestler whilst still such a big part of their corporate structure is harmful to their image. He has no experience in business especially not one that size and so while his current step back from actually wrestling I'm sure is good, I think he'll have to take a complete step back if he does gain any more power in the business.

I think he'll value his long-term future as head of a global business empire more than he will his short-term potential to earn money as a wrestler. When Vince dies, it will likely mean he and Stephanie become super rich anyway.

Interesting. And good points.

Does the stock market have a similar problem with Stephanie? I would be quite surprised if the stock market differentiates between them being active characters on WWE and putting their tights on as wrestling. I guess I'm just thinking is there problem "he's a wrestler" going to go away if he takes off his trunks. You know what I mean it'll then be "he was a wrestler" when actually, what they want is someone with a Harvard degree who doesn't know a chinlock from an STF.

avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Crimey on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:47 pm

Well Stephanie, apart from the match at Summerslam, isn't an active wrestler. 

I get your point, but all I know is that apparently the perception from Wall Street, which has got back to WWE, is that Triple H being an active wrestler is harmful to his position in the corporate structure and makes WWE look like less of a safe bet. I think ideally they'd want somebody in between those two positions, they'd want somebody with knowledge of running a business of that size but is also clued up on wrestling. I do remember reading reports that the perception from the business side is that creatively WWE is good but business-wise is run very poorly and perhaps the two things should be kept separate which doesn't look like it will be the case any time soon with Triple H/Stephanie likely to continue being a part of business and creative sides of the WWE.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Prometheus on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

Yeah I get all of that. I kind of think that the stock market is finding reasons not to invest in WWE. And I'm not saying they are wrong in that, but as far as I know there's a pretty big split right now.

HHH is head of Exec VP of talent and creative. And George Barios, who's background is in media, is Chief Strategy and Financial Officer. And I don't really think these two overlap so much. Definitely, Barios has been doing more and more of Vince's talking at shareholder events. I think it makes complete sense that when Vince steps down the roles of CEO and Chairman are split. Barios stepping up to the CEO role, Steph becoming Chairperson and HHH staying in his current role.

I mean, you want to come down hard on this (and again I'd not fault any investor who did), what does Steph know about business beyond being Vince's daughter?
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Crimey on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

Prometheus wrote:Yeah I get all of that.  I kind of think that the stock market is finding reasons not to invest in WWE.  And I'm not saying they are wrong in that, but as far as I know there's a pretty big split right now.

HHH is head of Exec VP of talent and creative.  And George Barios, who's background is in media, is Chief Strategy and Financial Officer.  And I don't really think these two overlap so much.  Definitely, Barios has been doing more and more of Vince's talking at shareholder events.  I think it makes complete sense that when Vince steps down the roles of CEO and Chairman are split.  Barios stepping up to the CEO role, Steph becoming Chairperson and HHH staying in his current role.  

I mean, you want to come down hard on this (and again I'd not fault any investor who did), what does Steph know about business beyond being Vince's daughter?  

I totally agree, I'm not suggesting that the approach from the stock market is correct, just saying what is the apparent view from their end. 

To be fair to Stephanie she has been primed for this role for a long time, learning from her dad in the same way that Vince learnt from his dad and then took it to the next level. 

I cannot see anything other than Stephanie or Triple H becoming CEO once Vince dies, I think they've been really clear about keeping the company in the family despite their being interest in the past of better placed businessmen taking over and improving it from that side and making what should be a huge company bigger from where it currently is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen Next?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum