The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for

+4
Crimey
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Dolphin Ziggler
8 posters

Go down

Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for Empty Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 16 Apr - 23:26

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/1/select-issues

Interesting, if flawed, survey that lets you pick the policies that you agree with most on the issues you care about then calculates who you should vote for. Its flawed and differentiating between choices can be difficult, especially when in one I said I wouldn't happily choose any of the approaches, but kinda interesting. I ended up with 50% Labour, 33.3% Green and 16.7 Lib Dems. Interesting, because if I was voting I considered Green, Lib Dem or Conservative.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for Empty Re: Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Apr - 8:11

Last one of these I came out 80% odd Tory, funnily enough Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for Empty Re: Vote on the policies you like most to see who you should vote for

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Apr - 8:22

40% Cons
20% each Lab Lib & UKIP

Cons on Economy & Health/NHS, Lab on Europe, Lib on Welfare, UKIP on Education.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 9:19

Why would anybody vote Lib dem ???............Sell out to the highest bidder this time, next time, the time after !! Worse party of the lot..

I'll be voting Labour as I live in a Lab/Lib marginal..........Haven't seen any of the candidates yet though we've had more toilet paper than you can imagine shoved through our letter box...

Maybe they think it's a Con/UKIP area I don't know....Or maybe they haven't got around to us yet !!

My vote isn't cast in stone.............You give me a party that will pump money into alcohol/drug rehabilitation and I'll listen......

As addiction linked crime costs the government millions and millions it would be pretty much cost effective to get better treatment for these people and would also give not only the patient a second chance at life but his family too.........

Addiction doesn't just ruin the addicts life..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Apr - 12:12

I did this a week or so ago, think I got about 80% Labour which I was really surprised that I hit that high, I thought I would end up with a much more even spread.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 17 Apr - 12:30

60% UKIP; 20% Liberal Democrats; 10% Conservatives; 10% Green (good grief, which policy did I agree with!).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 12:35

Instead of random stupid percentages why don't you tell us the policies..

Don't bother with the Lib dem ones because they'll drop them as soon as they get in..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 17 Apr - 12:39

Um...

UKIP for crime/democracy/Europe/foreign policy and defence/immigration/welfare
Conservatives for the economy
Lib Dems for education/environment
Greens for the NHS

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 12:40

Lib dems for Education Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 17 Apr - 12:44

Mmm...UKIP are a little light and a little backward on education, although I do agree with bringing back grammar schools.

Labour - rubbish (you can't cap class sizes, Edward!)
Greens - meh. They just want to throw some money at it.
Conservatives - still promoting the failed idea of free schools.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 12:46

Duty281 wrote:Mmm...UKIP are a little light and a little backward on education, although I do agree with bringing back grammar schools.

What happened to the Libs education policies last time ??..

One policy party...................To sell out to the highest bidder.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 17 Apr - 12:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Mmm...UKIP are a little light and a little backward on education, although I do agree with bringing back grammar schools.

What happened to the Libs education policies last time ??..

One policy party...................To sell out to the highest bidder.

Oh yeah, totally. But the survey thing didn't ask me if I believed what they were saying, it was just asking which policy I most agreed with.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 17 Apr - 12:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why would anybody vote Lib dem ???............Sell out to the highest bidder this time, next time, the time after !! Worse party of the lot..

I would vote Lib Dem if it made any difference. I am one of the few who thinks they did the right thing by entering a coalition this time around (actually I think they did the only thing which made sense given the arithmetic at the time), and that by and large they have been a good counterweight to some of the Conservative excesses. I think the nonsense over tuition fees has been way overblown (the mistake they made was in making a pledge which they could never keep, rather than behaving like adults and changing their minds over an unworkable policy).

Have they been perfect? No. I would have liked to see more blocking of the ever increasing state intrusion into our privacy, I would have liked to see some of the more stringent welfare cuts blocked. But an increase in the minimal tax-free income, in my view good progress on education, continued spending on foreign aid, these are all strong Lib Dem policies which have been implemented. It has been a Conservative-led government which should surprise no one as they are by a distance the largest party in this parliament.

I believe the world is not black and white where either side has it perfect. In that respect, things generally turn out better when parties are forced to work together and compromise. In a political world which is increasingly polarised I think the Lib Dems bring a nice and necessary counter weight.

As things happen I am in a Lab-Con marginal (although like you Truss I haven't seen anybody campaigning yet which is a surprise), so there is absolutely no point in voting Lib Dem (I hate FPTP...). I have not yet decided who to vote for (this may surprise some as I'm sure I come across as reasonably left-wing) - in my view both parties have major shortfalls which makes me reticent, and although the Conservatives' excesses are more unpalatable, the Labour issues concern me more directly.

In that respect the percentages scarcely helped me - I scored 100% Lib Dem! Having said that I think this kind of thing is flawed because I instantly recognised which policy corresponded to which party.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Apr - 12:52

Mike Selig wrote:Having said that I think this kind of thing is flawed because I instantly recognised which policy corresponded to which party.

I think this is definitely supposed to be for those who aren't as clued up on the election, an easy way of condensing the policies of the parties and which ones correspond to you. I think those that are already aware aren't going to gain anything from it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 12:56

When you pee away your "flagship" policy on Education for power...........Put through policies like the bedroom tax and seem happy to see food bank usage go sky high !!

and call yourself a center-left party you deserve wipeout...

Honestly I'd rather vote Tory than Lib Dem...........and that's the honest truth.

Nothing but contempt for the lot of them....

Hopefully my vote will contribute to getting one of them out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 17 Apr - 13:09

The site is most certainly flawed and I suspect hacked.
If you check England on a constituency basis then every one in England is leaning towards Labour, even Cameron's.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 17 Apr - 13:20

Any NI option yet? Youse should do it for the craic!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr - 17:03

I'm making my vote based on a very scientific premise....who has bothered to put a leaflet through my door, knocked on my doorstep trying to secure my vote or stop me in the street to gauge which way I may be voting?

Now I appreciate I'm not the most approachable of people and you might not want to set foot in my home for fear of not leaving intact but at least bung me a leaflet through my door, let me know what you have to offer.

Thankfully someone has had the balls to do this and let me know what the deal is so my vote appears to be going for...

Akbar's Balti House and Takeaway!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 17:11

Surprised the BNP haven't leafletted !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr - 17:29

They took one look at me and figured they already had the village as a stronghold

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Apr - 22:54

DAVE667 wrote:They took one look at me and fingered the village idiot

I'll have to join this party !! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down