CM "Quieter" Punk Q&A

Go down

CM "Quieter" Punk Q&A

Post by Adam D on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

http://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/cm-punk-calls-wwe-fake-talks-backstage-politics

Former WWE superstar CM Punk spoke to Sports Illustrated recently as they did a Q&A session on their Extra Mustard blog. The full interview can be found at this link. Punk called WWE fake and talked about how phony the company is and its backstage politics. Here are some of the highlights:
SI: Your head is in a different place. Your body, too, I’m guessing. How banged up do you get wrestling?

SI: Do you feel like you’re competing in WWE?
Punk: When I stopped wrestling I literally lay in bed for two weeks. In a lot of ways I’m still decompressing for leading that life. I definitely went through a transitional period, probably with some depression mixed in—waking up and not knowing what to do. Normally you’re waking up to catch a plane, in a different zone. But yeah, physically, you take a beating.

Punk: It’s definitely a competition. Backstage is so shark-infested and political. It’s almost comical. A lot of people are more interested in the backstage goings-on than what they see on television. A lot of ways it’s more fascinating. It’s a competition for sure.
SI: Do you have a say over storylines?
Punk: Yeah, eventually. But I was one of the few. And even in that, I could make a recommendation but at the end of the day, it’s Vince’s company and his say.
SI: Not a lot of grey area in MMA—
Punk: Exactly. In pro wrestling, it’s fake. People always get offended by that word. ‘No, we like to say it’s pre-determined.’ For whatever reason, people get angry at fake; pre-determined eases the blow? It’s fake. At the end of the day it doesn’t really mean anything. So after a while, it was, ‘Let’s just really fight and see what happens.’ Now I get to.
SI: What made you a good pro wrestler?
Punk: Well, that’s another thing in that phony world. What does it mean to be a good fake wrestler? That’s an identity crisis that I think I struggled with. It doesn’t matter if you’re the best; someone else picks who they want in the top spot.
SI: But were you particularly adept at the choreography—
Punk: I think I connected with the people. And the people drive the sport. If they don’t like—or they don’t care about you and sit on their hands or take a urine or get popcorn when you’re on—that’s when you’re no good. But if you can captivate a room, whether it’s 300 or 80,000, that’s when you’re good.
SI: Go back to the politics in WWE. That’s among fighters?
Punk: You wonder, Did you really punch me in the face? You say it was an accident but I know you and I think you’re a p—– and I’ve seen you do this to other people. Are you doing this to me? Did you kick me in the ribs as hard as you can? No, no I would never do that! In [MMA] I know the other guy is going to try and kick me in the ribs as hard as he can. No, not maliciously. But I’ve been in the [wrestling] ring with plenty of guys where I’m wondering, Is he is trying hurt me? Is he mad because he is losing? I don’t have to deal with that bulls— any more. It’s a godsend.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CM "Quieter" Punk Q&A

Post by RinoGattuso on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 1:24 pm

Quieter?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:Quieter?
Its in reference to the CM Punk interview where he mocked internet fans for calling him a quitter but spelling it wrong!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

Comes across as a c***

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:37 pm

'It doesn't really mean anything'
But left because he wasn't winning when he wanted to...Dolph is right,and this is the first time I've ever thought he's come across as a thunderc#@t

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm

Punk has wrestled all his life so you cant question his commitment and passion. But I cant blame him for losing that passion after such a long time, especially with all the politics and BS in the WWE.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:12 pm

I've been praying for a punk return ever since he quit. But he really is coming across a right selfish, moaning little cu*t

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm

Let's put into context though, he's in the UFC now, UFC fans are not taking him seriously and don't respect his history in WWE. This is PR, he's trying to distance himself from it. Also it's not really surprising that he is bitter.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:07 am

Don't see why he is a c***. WWE has politics, and some wrestlers have stroke behind the scenes, We all know that. Wrestling is a work, but some wrestlers work stiff, and not just because that is there style. Well, we know that too. I get that he's a character who provokes a response, but I like that he answers questions with what I think is CM Punk's honesty, which is what he's feeling at that moment.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:10 am

I like Punk, in fact im sitting on the sh*tter right now in a CM Punk t-shirt, but this is him being a c***. He sounds like he's above it, and he'd also probably have got his a*se handed to him if he'd tried to legitimately fight a good few of them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 2:52 am

I too like Punk,but sh*tting on a business that made you famous is just bizarre,he didn't have a problem with it being fake when he was making millions from it,now he's making out that he's bigger than wrestling...nobody is bigger than wrestling,and no it isn't perfect but each and every one of us loves it even if at times things aren't the way we want it...that's called life,and good luck to Punk if he thinks his life will go exactly how he wants it now he's put the demon of wrestling behind him.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 9:16 am

He isn't "s#itting" on the wrestling business in general, he's dissing wwe and the BS that goes along with that company- there is a difference.
It's like some of you guys are deeply offended when someone says something negative about wwe.

Just because he says the truth and doesn't sugarcoat it like a guy on the payroll or guys looking to get on the payroll he is labeled a c##t.

He worked for a company made enough money to choose what he wanted to do next and has moved on with the next phase of his life. Just because lifers such has Flair, Jericho and 95% of ex-wrestlers don't move on and wwe and wrestling becomes their life as opposed to just a job we accept this as the norm when really it's the total opposite.

To punk, wwe was just a job and a means to an end to get where he wanted to be, he was never a going to have to rely on them for a paycheque in his 50s type of guy.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 12:52 pm

Oh damn! Punk has just committed blasphemy in the wrestling business by saying the 'F' word. May the wrestling gods unleash divine punishment upon your corrupted soul!
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm

I hope punk gets battered in his first match, if he can't handle a fake wrestling match against Ryback, good luck to him facing some UFC nutcase!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

Punk is a hard guy to read. He’s arrogant but humble, he’s bitter but respectful, he’s private but open and he’s an bumhole but likeable. Let’s face it he isn’t the first person to fire shots at the WWE and he’s arrogant enough to know that he can get away with it because if he wanted to they’d take him back in a heartbeat. Warrior, Austin, Lesnar amongst others are evidence that you can pretty much burn your bridges but still go back.

I’ve thought this since day 1 – the UFC thing is something Punk needs to get off his chest, but much like Brock I expect he already knows that in the WWE he can work less and get paid more than in the UFC. His star is already brighter than it was 1 year ago and by default he’d now get the Wrestlemania Main Event he once desperately craved. I don’t know when, but when Punk decides he wants to - it will happen.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm

I'd really love to know how much money Punk made WWE, and if bringing him back is actually really worth it.

Maybe it is because I wasn't really that into WWE when he was at his top, that I was never that into him. Not that I think he's a bad wrestler, or worker, but I'd not have gone out of my way to watch him the same way I would with Brock or get excited when his music hit like Austin.

When Brock went to UFC I watched his first fight. It wasn't the first time I'd watched UFC, but was the first time I'd really been aware that an individual match was coming up. Because of his size and background, I really wanted to know if Brock could cut it in the MMA world.

Punk (or Brooks, or whatever he will fight under). I may watch his first fight, I may not. But I definitely can't say right now that I will. I don't want to see him humbled and I don't want to see him win. I'm just not that into him.

And so, I know he has the hard core of chants and fans, and maybe that is a vocal majority. But IMO WWE could pass on him if he wanted to come back and concentrate on the talent they have in house, which IMO is as good as CM Punk and seems to carry much less baggage.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum