The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII

+43
Eejit
madmaccas
dragon4life
Breadvan
Second Ranker
TheMildlyFranticLlama
21st Century Schizoid Man
Bored..
Tattie Scones RRN
demosthenes
IanBru
RDW
justified sinner
funnyExiledScot
InjuredYetAgain
lostinwales
CraigS1874
WhiskyBluff
GLove39
des
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
nickj
Welly
SecretFly
LondonTiger
Majestic83
Imperialbigdave
VinceWLB
cakeordeath
alive555
Weegie Wizard
cp10
prop_lyd
highland_scot
Nematode
George Carlin
tigertattie
jimbopip
TJ
EWT Spoons
RuggerRadge2611
47 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

Ye Olde Banter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII 16267-War-zone_Soldiers_Vol_2_No_7
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues
https://www.606v2.com/t56913p950-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vi-banter-boogaloo
https://www.606v2.com/t57946-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vii

A. Edinburgh
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII Goodsirsgentleman-250x287    

1. League Results  laughing

Fri 5 Sep: Munster Rugby 13 - 14 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 12 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 13 - 14 Connacht Rugby

Sun 21 Sep: Ospreys 62 - 13 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 26 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 20 Scarlets

Fri 3 Oct: Ulster Rugby 30 - 0 Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 11 Oct: Edinburgh Rugby 24 - 10 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 31 Oct: Leinster Rugby 33 - 8 Edinburgh Rugby

Sun 23 Nov: Edinburgh Rugby 28 - 13 Cardiff Blues

Sat 29 Nov: Zebre 18 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 19 Dec: Edinburgh Rugby 48 - 0 Benetton Treviso

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby - 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Connacht Rugby 13 - 16 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 13 Feb: Edinburgh Rugby 24 - 16 Ospreys

Fri 20 Feb: Edinburgh Rugby 17 - 20 Ulster Rugby

Sun 1 Mar: Cardiff Blues 21 - 15 Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 7 Mar: Benetton Treviso 8 - 29 Edinburgh

Sat 28 Mar: Scarlets 15 - 26 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 24 Apr: Edinburgh Rugby 3 - 34 Munster Rugby

2. European Results  Yahoo

17/10/14: Bordeaux-Begles 13 - 15 Edinburgh Rugby

24/10/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 17 Lyon

7/12/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 13 London Welsh

14/12/14: London Welsh 6 - 24 Edinburgh Rugby

17/01/2015: Lyon 21 - 19 Edinburgh Rugby

23/01/2015: Edinburgh Rugby 38 - 20 Bordeaux-Begles

05/04/2015: London Irish 18-23 Edinburgh

17/04/2015: Edinburgh 45-16 Dragons

B. Glasgow
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII 567613710_l

1. League Results  Yahoo

Sat 6 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Sun 14 Sep: Cardiff Blues 12 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 20 Sep: Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 26 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht Rugby

Sun 5 Oct: Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 11 Oct: Ulster Rugby 29 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 31 Oct: Glasgow Warriors 17 - 9 Benetton Treviso

Fri 21 Nov: Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Sun 30 Nov: Glasgow Warriors 19 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 20 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

Sun 15 Feb: Zebre 10 - 54 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 21 Feb: Glasgow Warriors 19 - 16 Ospreys

Sat 28 Feb: Munster Rugby 22 - 10 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 6 Mar: Glasgow Warriors 26 - 5 Zebre

Fri 27 Mar: Leinster Rugby 34 - 34 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 10 Apr: Glasgow Warriors 36 - 17 Cardiff Blues

2. European Results  laughing

18/10/14: Glasgow Warriors 37 - 10 Bath Rugby

25/10/14: Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

7/12/14: Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14: Glasgow Warriors 9 - 12 Toulouse

18/01/2015: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 10 Montpellier

25/01/2015: Bath Rugby 20 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

Hopefully this thread will keep GC off my back for a wee while... Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

I'm beginning to think we maybe spend too much time talking rubbish on this forum, how are we on the 8th thread of this.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VIII

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:39 am

It does what it says in the tin spoons, it's a banter thread.

The bulk of this thread is nonsense, with bit of rugby thrown in.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:48 am

I'm not complaining and you're right it does what it says, it's just incredible that we're on the 8th version.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:48 am

* looks around*

It seems very empty and quiet in here. Like the new colour scheme tho

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

That's one of my more flattering pictures.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:It does what it says in the tin spoons, it's a banter thread.

The bulk of this thread is nonsense, with bit of rugby thrown in.

Bulky nonsense with bits of rugby thrown in. Sounds like every team I've ever played for.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:03 am

Good job radge!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:42 pm

firstly, I feckin love the pictures used in the topic this time round!  Top notch!

secondly, yes, we know our threads are 95% nonsense, 3% bitching and 2% rugby related!

thirdly, to get us back onto our train of thought from the last thread, topics we were discussing were:

1. The old school tie brigade interfering with development of "lesser" rugby clubs
2. Discussing the similarity between Tranent and the Dwarfish people in the lord of the rings (the fact that you can't tell the difference between the men and the females)
3. RDWs campaign to ensure that next season, Te Rure and Strauss are paired together for the majority of Edinburgh games.
4. The risks of IanBru's nads being lopped off
5. The fact that IYA played rugby with RDW's dad

Then of course there is the ever present on-going discussions about batman, minions and red crayons and the fact that Edinburgh are not only the current 1872 champions, but are also the first Scottish team to reach a euro final!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

tigertattie wrote:firstly, I feckin love the pictures used in the topic this time round!  Top notch!

secondly, yes, we know our threads are 95% nonsense, 3% bitching and 2% rugby related!

thirdly, to get us back onto our train of thought from the last thread, topics we were discussing were:

1. The old school tie brigade interfering with development of "lesser" rugby clubs
2. Discussing the similarity between Tranent and the Dwarfish people in the lord of the rings (the fact that you can't tell the difference between the men and the females)
3. RDWs campaign to ensure that next season, Te Rure and Strauss are paired together for the majority of Edinburgh games.
4. The risks of IanBru's nads being lopped off
5. The fact that IYA played rugby with RDW's dad

Then of course there is the ever present on-going discussions about batman, minions and red crayons and the fact that Edinburgh are not only the current 1872 champions, but are also the first Scottish team to reach a euro final!

Laugh

clap

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:That's one of my more flattering pictures.
You might have removed your baseball cap first, though. Standards, man, standards.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm

For completeness, it's actually the 9th thread of complete drivel because we had a separate one for the 1872 Cup this year and that one reached 1.000 posts too.

If you take away all of the posts which are just cheap jokes from Edinburgh fans about Al Kellock being rubbish at rugby, we're probably only at thread IV.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

Can I add one more topic to Tattie's impressive list.

Who needs what? - What position do Glasgow/Edinburgh need to strengthen for next season.

Given both teams are losing a number of players (Glasgow especially) what positions are you most concerned about.

For Edinburgh, I thought we might need another 10, with Heathcote leaving, but if Burleigh can continue in the same form he showed against Dragons, we might be ok with Tonks and him covering 10.

I'm still not convinced by Knowles at 9, but he's young and can get better.

The main position for Edinburgh is possibly on the wing (well maybe centre) but we're getting Helu who can cover both, and hopefully Hoyland will step up.

Glasgow - You're losing a number of players, any real areas of concern?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:56 pm

George Carlin wrote:For completeness, it's actually the 9th thread of complete drivel because we had a separate one for the 1872 Cup this year and that one reached 1.000 posts too.

If you take away all of the posts which are just cheap jokes from Glasgow fans Edinburgh fans about Al Kellock being rubbish at rugby having a 'crisis' whenever a player from Ayr is mention, we're probably only at thread IV.

Fixed that thumbsup

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 1:45 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Glasgow - You're losing a number of players, any real areas of concern?

Hygene.

I would also add that the Glasgow backline is looking pretty threadbare next season. Very little cover at fly half or full back (basically two decent players in each position), one top quality winger in the whole squad, two very good centres but both of whom have assumed residence in the Rory Lamont rehab centre and in the pack much reliance on Mike Cusack at tighthead (and the hope that Glasgow don't have to play games on a Sunday). Behind Gray, Swinson and Naka I also don't know who will cover lock.

Signings required.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

Lock seems to be a problem area.

I wonder if Castres get relegated the SRU will step in and offer a big wage to Richie Gray.

The thought of Richie and Johnny packing down against Toolis and Gilchrist in the 1872 cup sounds epic.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

Alex Toolis and Nathan Fowles just signed up for another year at Edinburgh. Good squad depth, but neither look like future international to me.

Re: Fowles, I'm not convinced he's better than Grayson Hart - I think Glasgow have done well there.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:58 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Lock seems to be a problem area.

I wonder if Castres get relegated the SRU will step in and offer a big wage to Richie Gray.

The thought of Richie and Johnny packing down against Toolis and Gilchrist in the 1872 cup sounds epic.

Ok, who was the wise guy that started talking about rugby again?
Speaking of Gilchrist though, I fear that the poor lad may have had a set back too far with his injury this season!

In terms of Scotland selection, I think he has dropped behind both Gray brothers and Toolis and Bresler seem to have formed a solid pairing at Edinburgh! For a laddie who was going to be captaining Scotland, he's fairly fallen back!

For his own sake more than anything, I really hope he can come back and get to where he left off! It's going to be tough though as I can't see Solomons wanting to split toolis and Bresler any time soon!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:42 pm

What is nice though is that an injured player hasn't shot up the pecking order whilst being out, which makes for a change!

Usually a player has some time away for injury and the replacements are so dire by the time the player is fit again he's a nailed on starter, and being discussed for the Lions.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:05 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:What is nice though is that an injured player hasn't shot up the pecking order whilst being out, which makes for a change!

Usually a player has some time away for injury and the replacements are so dire by the time the player is fit again he's a nailed on starter, and being discussed for the Lions.

Like what happened with Grant?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:16 pm

Good to see Cornell Du Preez getting some gametime for the Ba Bas against Heriots tonight in tehir 125th anniversary match.

Poor Heriots players! Erm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

Incidentally, congratulating Alex Toolis for the contract extension on Facebook is Mrs Bresler, and she is, for want of a better expression, rather lovely.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Incidentally, congratulating Alex Toolis for the contract extension on Facebook is Mrs Bresler, and she is, for want of a better expression, rather lovely.

We talking Leo Cullin's mrs lovely or Mary Berry lovely?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 5:02 pm

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Incidentally, congratulating Alex Toolis for the contract extension on Facebook is Mrs Bresler, and she is, for want of a better expression, rather lovely.

We talking Leo Cullin's mrs lovely or Mary Berry lovely?

The former!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:40 pm

Well if anyone needed a reminder of how big a step up it is from amateur to pro rugby, the barbarians (mainly made up of fringe pros and semi pros) just put 97 points on Heriots. Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm

I'm going to tell you all a story.

I call it 'the tale of the young man who foolishly volunteered for things in order to impress his new employers'.

I have this friend... who just started a new job in a certain city in northern England. In his interviews, he was desperate to illustrate how much he would look forward to moving there, particularly as his prior connection to the city was limited to participating in a well-known half-marathon, and having once heard 'Fog On The Tyne' and not caring for it at all. So... he talked about the half-marathon. And running. Endlessly. Oh yes, he just loved running. And half-marathons. The more the better.

He talked about it so much that it became a bit weird, like he had a fetish for donning sportswear and rubbing Vaseline on his chest. He ignored the bits about how much running hurt, how his knees were archipelagos of shattered cartilage, and how he had the lung capacity of sliced cheese.

So, two months later, firmly ensconced in the new job won in part by his epic running-based bull***t, one of the partners dropped into his office and mentioned that the firm had entered a team in a 24-hour relay race, the aim being to complete as many laps of a 10km course as possible. Unfortunately, one of the secretaries managed to severely damage her knee when her overweight child fell sideways off a playground slide and (thankfully, I think) landed on her.

So, would my friend mind taking up the spare place in the team? Of course not, boss. My friend has a pathological compulsion to please, and a desperate desire to avoid awkward situations (hence why his romantic technique involves just sitting down at a restaurant table next to a random girl, instead of actually asking her out. It's easier to assume she said 'yes').

So could you help... my friend? He'd be really grateful.

https://www.justgiving.com/srfsprinters/
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:08 pm

Bru, have you no balls at all? Oh wait, now I remember.

Besides which, this "pathological compulsion to please" where was it when Schiz and I pointed to our empty glasses and then the under-employed barmaid?

And now you're asking us to subsidise your stupidity. We're not all as well off as Fes you know.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

It's just refreshing to have a weegie ask for money without feeling somehow threatened.

It usually occurs outside Queen Street station where some bloke in military cast-off clothes with a mangy status dog at his feet holding some back copies of the Big Issue mutters something weird. As I walk past, my stride quickening, I always ask myself one question: have I just met Schizoid?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

Funny enough, whenever I part company from Schizoid he usually walks off muttering, "Have I just met Schizoid?".

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:19 am

archipelagos of shattered cartilage
clap
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:06 am

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but what age is best when signing a rugby player?

Take someone like Hogg - 22, bags of pace, lots of potential.

But the average age of the Toulon side enables them to get free bus passes.

So are rugby players at their best aged early twenties, late twenties, early 30s?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

Depends on the position and the individual, but in general outside backs peak in their mid-20s, centres and half-backs mid-late 20s, back rows late 20s and front 5 forwards late 20s / early 30s.

But then again look at someone like George North - 50 caps at 22!

The only positions that you'd probably actively look for someone in their late 20s is in the front 5.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:46 am

Toulon are an odd bunch though! I think they are looking to sign up Paul O'Connell! I really thought that he was going to announce his retirement from rugby after this years world cup!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

The odds of POC going to anywhere are remote IMO. The guy is Munster through and through. He will surely go into a kind of coaching role within the club. Kind of like what Al Kellock should do at Glasgow.

Although he was never as good a player as the imperious ruck inspector... Run
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:01 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:The odds of POC going to anywhere are remote IMO. The guy is Munster through and through. He will surely go into a kind of coaching role within the club. Kind of like what Al Kellock should do at Glasgow.

Although he was never as good a player as the imperious ruck inspector... Run

Agree, although query whether Kellock will coach at Edinburgh, his original club where he spent 1/3 of his career, or Glasgow.

I can't imagine POC playing for any club other than Munster.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

If Toulon offer 3 times the salary he'd get by staying at Munster I'm sure he'd leave for a season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:04 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:If Toulon offer 3 times the salary he'd get by staying at Munster I'm sure he'd leave for a season!

We're not all motivated by money you cynical old so and so......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:06 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:If Toulon offer 3 times the salary he'd get by staying at Munster I'm sure he'd leave for a season!

You're a lawyer - is that not the first thing you learn on day 1 of your training?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

You're a lawyer - is that not the first thing you learn on day 1 of your training?

Did you know that FES treats 606v2 posts as "billable hours" and randomly sends invoices for his time to the SRU
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Did you know that FES treats 606v2 posts as "billable hours" and randomly sends invoices for his time to the SRU

So that's where all the BT sponsorship money is going!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

It's why they are in debt.....

Actually my best man looked at my 606 and 606v2 stats, my then charge out rates and came up with a figure for time spent blogging about rugby. I can't remember what it was but it was a lot. He announced it at my wedding as part of the speech, which would have been funny but for the fact that I had three tables of work colleagues, including my boss, in attendance. Not great!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

Got to love lawyers eh - I remember speaking to my lawyer friend who was a trainee at the time, and we established that her billing rate was similar to some of the senior managers in my engineering firm.

Let's face it - if you had to choose one to get rid of, who would be more useful for the world - lawyers or engineers??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:35 am

meanwhile in Glasgow.... Dog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32411621

Laugh
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:54 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Got to love lawyers eh - I remember speaking to my lawyer friend who was a trainee at the time, and we established that her billing rate was similar to some of the senior managers in my engineering firm.

Let's face it - if you had to choose one to get rid of, who would be more useful for the world - lawyers or engineers??

What would we do without those lovely wind farms.....

Whistle

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

I work in Nuclear (when I'm not building the new Forth Road Bridge) - don't get me started on wind farms! Or the SNP for that matter given their desire to put so many wind farms on Scotland we can have enough wind to blow us away from England (but only when the wind is actually blowing, in the right direction. But then again it might be too windy and we'll have to shut the wind turbines down so they don't get damaged). And their ban on new nuclear in Scotland.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I work in Nuclear (when I'm not building the new Forth Road Bridge) - don't get me started on wind farms! Or the SNP for that matter given their desire to put so many wind farms on Scotland we can have enough wind to blow us away from England (but only when the wind is actually blowing, in the right direction.  But then again it might be too windy and we'll have to shut the wind turbines down so they don't get damaged). And their ban on new nuclear in Scotland.
Read about that. Why would you ban something which is carbon neutral and a proven baseload generator? Mental.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:I work in Nuclear (when I'm not building the new Forth Road Bridge) - don't get me started on wind farms! Or the SNP for that matter given their desire to put so many wind farms on Scotland we can have enough wind to blow us away from England (but only when the wind is actually blowing, in the right direction.  But then again it might be too windy and we'll have to shut the wind turbines down so they don't get damaged). And their ban on new nuclear in Scotland.
Read about that. Why would you ban something which is carbon neutral and a proven baseload generator? Mental.

It's because they are extremely progressive and fair. Didn't you read their manifesto??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

I had a SNP member at my door last night asking about my voting intentions.

I asked him why his party was encouraging people to vote green when their policies are anathema to his party's bedrock principal of drilling as much oil as possible from the North sea and supporting the Scottish Economy. He had no answer.

So I then quizzed him on the fact that the SNP had been lobbying for a cut in North Sea taxes, for companies like BP and Exxon who's profits run into Billions of pounds each year and asked if this was "sexy socialism" in action.

He then left my doorstep.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

It's because they are extremely progressive and fair. Didn't you read their manifesto??
It's in my downstairs toilet. I can confirm that it is thoroughly absorbant.

On soapdodger news, slightly worry interview with Mister AP which effectively says that he is not ready to return to match play yet:
http://www.pro12rugby.com/news/17148.php#Y6Xfww6xJYS6p1JZ.97
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm

laughing

I have an admiration for these people who volunteer to knock on doors - must be terrifying. A friend of mine does it for Labour and some local kids kicked a football in her face!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next