Lana (Spoilers)

Go down

Lana (Spoilers)

Post by Prometheus on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 am

I think that Lana has been one of the best things on WWE in the last year or so. However, questionable her resume, WWE has at least found that hiring an actress to act is the kind of thing that works. She's been 100% committed to her character, everything she has done has been pretty spot on, her reactions to events are believable. Also, it doesn't hurt that she puts WWE's key demographic in a quandary of 'I don't want to like her, because she's an evil Russian, but damn she looks hot!'

Rumours are that she is going to break with Rusev and turn face. As a next step, this would presumably give a good way to end the "I Quit" match, with Rusev locking her in the Accolade and Cena having to quit to save the damsel in distress and coming to her rescue.

What happens next? Well, its going to be hard for WWE to have an evil Russian manipulator as a face. So the rumour is that Lana will be no more, she will become American. And that makes me a bit sad.

I'm delighted for her, I think she's done a great job and if a bigger role is her thanks then its very much an opportunity she should take. But, I'm really a bit worried for Rusev, who I've bought into more and more and I think there should be much more to come. And maybe WWE believe that he can stand on his own and he'll come out of this an even bigger heel. He can go back to holding the US title and he can dominate. But there is a little part of me that thinks WWE will throw away their monster heel, just to turn Lana and if that happens I think it will be a big mis-step.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Re: Lana (Spoilers)

Post by Crimey on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:29 am

It would be a big mistake to have Lana turn face. I assumed they were splitting up because Lana had to go film her movie, but apparently it has already been filmed. I just don't understand the logic. Where is Lana going to go as a face? Whether she's Russian or American she's not a wrestler and pairing her up with somebody else would be cheap and ineffective, just look at Ricardo Rodriguez.

I think they've booked their partnership really poorly for a while now, Rusev used to follow Lana's words and now they've switched it so that Lana is Rusev's stupid blonde partner who likes to be cheered by the fans and get in the way. It's such weak booking and I feel harms them both as characters.

On the other hand, Rusev and Lana have been doing the same thing for so long now it perhaps makes sense for them to go their separate ways if WWE cannot think of a way of developing their characters but together. I think that it won't go well for either party though. Rusev will not be as effective without Lana by his side and Lana will flounder without the direction she has with Rusev.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 on Fri May 01, 2015 4:11 am

They could have added more to the feud with Cena, and the break up of them as a couple, to have Cena try and persuade her to join the people who live in the land of the free and home of the brave rather than be subjected to the tyranny of the oppresive Ruskis. That would see her toiling with the idea of wanting to have that freedom but wanting to stay true to Mother Russia. It would have seen her accidentally costing Rusev matches and have his anger/paranoia grow that she is going to defect until she finally snapped and left him. She could then be free to join whoever she wanted (poss Cena as that would have extended the feud and given it more meaning) but still rejoin him at some point saying that she was wrong.

I don't know whether this is my memory playing on me but didn't they do similar with Miss Elizabeth and Savage?

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Fri May 01, 2015 4:25 am

I dont think Rusev will have a problem without Lana, but Lana would struggle without him. I honestly cant see where she would go that makes sense.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Fri May 01, 2015 4:34 am

Playboy?
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sat May 02, 2015 9:18 am

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/4/30/8523287/wwe-lana-female-face-report
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum