The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue

+2
Samo
DrDeath
6 posters

Go down

Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue Empty Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue

Post by DrDeath Wed 06 May 2015, 12:10 pm

So now that Ambrose is in the main event making it a Fatal 4 Way

There is some speculation that either Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose will turn heel, join The Authority, and assist Rollins in retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

It has been hinted in the past because of the backstage segment between Kane and Rollins where Kane assured Rollins that he “had a plan” after Ambrose was added to the match.

Since The Shield’s demise, Dean Ambrose has been one of the most popular superstars on WWE’s roster, but he hasn’t reached the main-event level that both Rollins and Reigns have, and a heel turn at Payback might just do the trick. Furthermore, Ambrose has said in the past that he never envisioned himself as a babyface, and he strongly prefers being a heel. Furthermore, during Kane’s tirade several weeks ago on RAW, he claimed that The Authority made Seth Rollins the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and they could have done the same thing with Dean Ambrose if they wanted to. So, there was perhaps some foreshadowing there.

What are your thoughts, I would much rather that Reigns turned!!!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue Empty Re: Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue

Post by Samo Wed 06 May 2015, 12:17 pm

I think with the history with Rollins it doesnt make any sense for Ambrose to turn heel, especially for the reasons rumoured. He's not clever, calculating or manipulative like Rollins is - He's a lunatic. If he were to turn heel it would be because he attacked a babyface, not help Rollins to win and join The Authority.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue Empty Re: Payback rumour - Raw spoilers will ensue

Post by Hero Wed 06 May 2015, 12:24 pm

I speculated on a heel turn last night on the podcast of either Ambrose or Reigns. Personally I'd like to see Reigns be the one that turned, angry at the way the fans have turned on him ala Batista.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 06 May 2015, 12:29 pm

I think this is in danger of becoming a classic case where WWE over thinks this.

On the face of it, this is a match between 3 faces and 1 heel. So, you'd expect a turn. But can you out heel a heel to become a heel?

Orton is hard to think of as a face, he's just there with very little presence other than the ability to work a good match.

Ambrose is complicated. Because his stated aim was to stop Rollins cashing in. Injury at Mania prevented him doing this. So, should his aim be to now neutralize that cash in? And he was also desperate to be on the wall as a champion, so is it enough for him to make sure Rollins does not win, or should he be winning himself?

Reigns turns. Yeah, I can see that. He'd cut better promos as a heel. But Reigns in the Authority? Well, it just feels that the Authority is limping along right now.

I dunno. I'm not sure WWE's direction with this is clear. Which could be that they have a doozy up their sleeves, or it could be that they are just booking by the week.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 06 May 2015, 1:43 pm

Doesnt make sense for any of them.

Orton won't, he's over as hell right now. Reigns is getting better reactions and is still hugely over with the younger audience. Ambrose is over with the older audience. Both have clear problems with Rollins. It only works if its a ploy, and I'm not a huge fan of those angles.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 May 2015, 8:17 pm

Yeah I thought this might happen.

Wouldn't be Orton, just turned face, over. Ambrose makes very little logical sense given his vendetta with Rollins. Reigns doesn't make a massive amount of sense, but more than those 2.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 06 May 2015, 8:33 pm

I wonder if with the falling Raw viewers Vince will feel Rollins hasn't been a draw and take the belt off him. Of course, IMO when you book your champion to look so weak, its hard for him to be a presence that makes people watch the programming.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down