The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary

+2
Lexi Helms
Dolphin Ziggler
6 posters

Go down

WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary Empty WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Granted the source is WrestlingDVDNews.com, but this could be a very big moment. Could this be HHH working his magic again? Could he be the man who breaks through and gets Owen into the Hall of Fame? After Bruno and Warrior this one is arguably a bigger breakthrough.

Here at WrestlingDVDNews.com we are proud to exclusively announce today, on what would have been his 50th birthday, that WWE is currently hard at work planning a biographical DVD and Blu-ray release on the life and career of Owen Hart!

The years of bad blood and ill feeling between WWE and Owen’s widow, Martha Hart, have been well documented and naturally led wrestling fans to believe that Owen’s wrestling career being honored was something they would likely never see…. until now!

Sadly, as you know, the wrestling world suffered a great loss in 1999 when Owen tragically died during the Over the Edge PPV in Kansas City, Missouri. What followed in the subsequent near 15 year period was a slew of litigation between Martha Hart and the company.

However, we have learned that not only is this Owen Hart WWE DVD/Blu-ray project going ahead, it is going ahead with the full backing and support of Martha and his family.

A documentary is in the works for the main feature of the set. Earlier this month WWE released a YouTube clip titled “Inside The Hart Family Dungeon” which included some new interview footage with Bret Hart. Right now that’s speculated to be a snippet of a longer interview conducted with Bret, quite possibly shot for the purpose of the Owen Hart documentary.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary Empty Re: WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary

Post by Lexi Helms Fri May 08, 2015 12:54 pm

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NOW!
Lexi Helms
Lexi Helms

Back to top Go down

WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary Empty Re: WWE Planning Owen Hart DVD & Blu-Ray Release With Documentary

Post by Hero Fri May 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Will Booker T be the narrator?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri May 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Apparently Martha has said neither she nor her sons endorses or was aware of this. So more likely WWE cashing in than any magic worked.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Shame. Very sad if she holds back on this stuff, I think (outside of doing a DVD maybe, cos WWE doesnt need to profit from this) that younger audiences are missing out with this impasse.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat May 09, 2015 1:14 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Shame. Very sad if she holds back on this stuff, I think (outside of doing a DVD maybe, cos WWE doesnt need to profit from this) that younger audiences are missing out with this impasse.

If only there was some sort of ppv back catalogue online where we could watch his matches

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat May 09, 2015 9:15 am

You know what I mean. You cant search out specific matches and they tell little story due to lack of context.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun May 10, 2015 12:06 am

I'm not entirely sure the younger audiance are missing out on this Owen Hart stuff, I liked Owen and always felt he was good but I never felt he was in the top bracket of stars, his death and how he died have made sure history favours him well though,  I don't think anyone haf a badword to say about him but again given the nature of his demise its not something we'd be likely to hear anyway, particularly as this was before the big Internet boom, it was in use amoung wrestling fans but not anywhere near as frequent. 

He had some amazing matches, his feud with Bret could have its own disc but it wasn't anything that changed the business or set the business alight, he was always a good worker but never the top worker, he was a great talent to have on your roster but he was one of many, I wouldn't even put Owen in the 2nd tier of stars, maybe for an 18 month period between 94-95 but he was a few years past his peak when he died - his rise was spectacularly quick in WWF terms and it petered out just as quickly even if both Bret and Owen did their best to keep their feud alive from a distance which in essence was the very thing that kept Owen relevent.

He was never close to being a World Champion and I think sometimes people don't want to admit that or be the one to say it when talking about someone who died, unfortunately for him by the time 1999 came he was so far down the pecking order it was not even remotely reasonable to suggest he would be at that level again, even if his ability suggested he could,  which by that point I'm not so sure - I loved his tag teams with Yoko, Bulldog and Jeff Jarrett and I feel that's probably were he was at his best in his last couple of years.

I can totally understand why if Martha wanted nothing to do with WWE and she owes them or their fans nothing, I heard she isn't the most pleasent of woman but even with that in mind, if her and her kids don't want it I'd not like to think they'd be railroaded into it.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down