The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!!

3 posters

Go down

Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!! Empty Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon May 18, 2015 9:36 am

For the first time in years I've started adding pullovers on the pullover machine (got a really good machine) at the end of my chest workout and the start of my triceps........The pump has been great and my triceps really feel it too...............

Think the fact the machine is keeping me strict on the form is a bonus.........But I feel much better for it...........

Arnie swore by pullovers............A lot of modern bodybuilders scoff at them...

But honestly give them a go for a few weeks.............Don't go back too far though as that brings in the lats more (save back for back day!!)...

Always good to spice it up..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!! Empty Re: Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!!

Post by AdamT Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 pm

I have started online coaching from Andy Bolton for powerlifting.

A lot of his assistance work seems to be bodybuilding related. Obviously the compound movements are the bread and butter, but isolated excercise are needed to build any weaknesses.

He has me doing these pullovers. It has been a few years since i have done them.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!! Empty Re: Dumbbell pullovers - Forgotten magic !!!!

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 3:37 pm

I remember seeing guys do these years ago with literally just their shoulders on the bench! Is this necessary? Can you just do it laying on the bench?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri May 29, 2015 12:05 pm

One of the old guys in my gym was once a European champion powerlifter. He still does dumbbell pullovers.

Ive never really felt much from them. Of course my technique could be wrong.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:One of the old guys in my gym was once a European champion powerlifter. He still does dumbbell pullovers.

Ive never really felt much from them. Of course my technique could be wrong.

All my compunds lift are based in lower reps. Sometimes heavy and others for explosive speed.

Lot of my assitance work is higher reps and these pullovers are in my programme. i go pretty light. No heavier than 25kg and maybe go 12-15 reps

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 am

Interesting stuff...I might have a go...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:45 am

AdamT wrote:I have started online coaching from Andy Bolton for powerlifting.

A lot of his assistance work seems to be bodybuilding related. Obviously the compound movements are the bread and butter, but isolated excercise are needed to build any weaknesses.

He has me doing these pullovers. It has been a few years since i have done them.

Powercleans is an exercise I used to do religiously years ago...........Before I got lower back problems...

Great compound movement...and great for people who are either too lazy to load the bar for deads or are worried about huge weight on their lower back doing deads.. ...

Great for the upper back, shoulder, traps and the old hams............

Another exercise from the past you don't see done much...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am

Now that's an exercise I use a lot Truss...cracking exercise

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 am

Powercleans are great for any athlete. Even bodybuilders should use them. Great for building speed and power. Good shout Truss!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down