The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling discussions for the podcast

+2
Prometheus
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Wrestling discussions for the podcast Empty Wrestling discussions for the podcast

Post by Adam D Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey all,

Thought I would create a thread on here where people can suggest topics that they would like discussed on the podcast.

Shows are recorded on a Tuesday so feel free to throw us a suggestion immediately!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestling discussions for the podcast Empty Re: Wrestling discussions for the podcast

Post by Prometheus Mon May 18, 2015 1:06 pm

Who will be the next WWE IC Champ, and what does WWE do with the title and champion to keep it special?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Wrestling discussions for the podcast Empty Re: Wrestling discussions for the podcast

Post by Hero Mon May 18, 2015 1:51 pm

I like that!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon May 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Its a good topic for the WWE section in my opinion

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon May 18, 2015 3:02 pm

With Sheamus, Ryback and New Day enjoying a resurgence in popularity by swapping from Heels to faces or vice versa, is it really that simple to get the crowd interested in someone?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon May 18, 2015 3:26 pm

With the general distain for lots of gimmicks in wrestling today (not by you guys, in general), what gimmick do you feel would get somebody over?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon May 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Which former wrestler or wrestling commentator has the worst podcast?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon May 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Why am I so sexy?

Alternatively, ask every member of the podcast to invent a gimmick match, then choose the participants, location and build up for the match, I think it'd be good for a laugh

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue May 19, 2015 11:06 am

In TNA at the moment we have 2 wrestler tries to seduce another wrestlers spouse angles running at the same time, while the Storm/Magnus/Mickie angle is above board with some complex themes and overtones, this week the Taryn/Kim angle descended into giving Taryn an excuse to dance about the her knickers

I think the similarity of the 2 angles but the different ways they are presented shows that despite any of their good ring work, female workers are still not above being paraded for the titillation of men watching the product

Simply is this still acceptable in 2015? And could presenting females in a more respectable light help attract female fans to wrestling?

(If next week we get James Storm dancing about in a g-string I will retract this statement...though I may never watch wrestling again)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 am

The Taryn segment was awesome. So yes.

Good question and we have a female member joining us for a podcast first tonight, so its a good topic.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue May 19, 2015 11:14 am

This was my comment after last week's podcast covered the racism angle and I stand by it, that you can't expect me to take what they may have to say on that issue seriously if they treat other equality issues as a joke.

I think the team made some good points on this issue. My problem is that we don't know if this story will work or not, but if you set this as the tone of the company you have to follow it through. So, I think it is pretty incongruous if you are going to have an angle that deals with the issue of race, and then you have a lingerie match for the knockouts. And they may treat the knockouts equally seriously, but they have to. Unless you have the absolute best writers in the world, I think everything has to be serious, then otherwise how do I know to take their race angle seriously? And do I want to watch a wrestling show where everything is serious?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 am

To be fair to the angle, I dont think they are trying to retread the attitude approach but merely playing up on the sexualism of the dollhouse and taryns turn.

It will be interesting to see where it goes but I cant imagine that the rest of the female roster will go the same way - I just think its a dollhouse specific trait for the time being.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 pm

I still hope you'll find time to discuss why I am so sexy though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 19, 2015 12:05 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I still hope you'll find time to discuss why I am so sexy though

Chris isnt available tonight so we will keep that one for another week

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Adam D wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I still hope you'll find time to discuss why I am so sexy though

Chris isnt available tonight so we will keep that one for another week

I already know his answer though, which is bizzare because I've never given him a chance to look at my face

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Is that down to the position or zipped mask you wear?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Adam D wrote:Is that down to the position or zipped mask you wear?

Bit of both, he also likes it when I wear a big fake moustache and black mullet and proceed to scream 'VIVA LA RAZA!!' durning the process

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down