The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky.

+3
Derbymanc
AdamT
Strongback
7 posters

Go down

Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky. Empty Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky.

Post by Strongback Thu 21 May 2015, 3:47 pm

A very grave day indeed.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky. Empty Re: Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky.

Post by AdamT Thu 21 May 2015, 3:50 pm

Strongback wrote:A very grave day indeed.

More so called superstars fighting mismatches!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky. Empty Re: Matchroom Boxing announce a new FIVE YEAR deal with Sky.

Post by Derbymanc Thu 21 May 2015, 3:51 pm

Yup the day you came back to posting on the board Wink

Good deal for Eddie, if the Sky Sports cards carry on the way they are then I can see a lot of people not bothering with the sport at all, on the other hand if we get cards some good cards like High Stakes and he realises we want to see more decent domestic competition then good on him.

Would you have prefered no boxing on sky Strongy?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 May 2015, 3:52 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yup the day you came back to posting on the board Wink

Good deal for Eddie, if the Sky Sports cards carry on the way they are then I can see a lot of people not bothering with the sport at all, on the other hand if we get cards some good cards like High Stakes and he realises we want to see more decent domestic competition then good on him.

Fair post. I would just like to see more competitve fights. You can look at a matchroom card and predict the winners everytime. It is a joke!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 21 May 2015, 3:54 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yup the day you came back to posting on the board Wink

I'd prefer if Murdoch was never born.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 21 May 2015, 3:58 pm

Fair enough, Whilst i'm not as fatalist as Strongy on this I do agree with everyone that the cards have gone right down hill (If anyone read my review of the last one, you can feel the boredom coming through the screen) Would have preffered it to be a smaller deal but hopefully if fans do start to disappear he'll have to start putting decent cards on again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:05 pm

Is Adam Smith still involved with the boxing on SKY (aside from presenting obviously)? If so, one has to ask why this silly c*nt hasn't pointed out that the quality of match-ups has declined recently and the guys holding the purse strings at SKY would be wise to tread carefully

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 May 2015, 4:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Is Adam Smith still involved with the boxing on SKY (aside from presenting obviously)? If so, one has to ask why this silly c*nt hasn't pointed out that the quality of match-ups has declined recently and the guys holding the purse strings at SKY would be wise to tread carefully

"Great bill isn't it Johnny" ......."Mouthwatering fight isn't it Johnny"........."Credit to the sport isn't he Johnny!!"

Like Halling this muppet does what he's told.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 21 May 2015, 5:11 pm

I must be psychic

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 21 May 2015, 8:39 pm

This is bad news. PPV will start becoming the norm for any worthwhile card and regular sky slots will be filled with cheapo mismatch cards.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 21 May 2015, 8:42 pm

Aye. I think my contract runs out in July, will get shot of sky entirely and just get the boxnation stream

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 21 May 2015, 8:56 pm

I've said it before, but i'll be doing the same. Just make sure you tell Sky why your getting rid, they might give Mr Ed a kick up the ass

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down