Lucha Libre comes to the UK

Go down

Lucha Libre comes to the UK

Post by Adam D on Fri 22 May 2015, 11:08 am

Promotheus is going to love this!!

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/05/lucha-libre-in-the-uk-11th-july-london.html

For the first time ever and for one night only, the mythical, dangerous, acrobatic and heroic world of Mexico’s masked wrestlers. Sixteen of Mexico’s finest, lead by the legendary Blue Demon Jr join battle under the Royal Albert Hall’s mighty dome. 

Lucha LIbre is huge, jaw-hanging, riotous fun of a kind that you will never forget. Marvel at high flying acrobatics, and astonishing moves. Featuring the funkiest live music from Tijuana’s Bostich & Fussible (Nortec Collective). An exhilarating, foot-stamping, air-punching journey to the centre of a life-affirming struggle where rudos fight tecnicos and where good does not always triumph over evil. 

Fifteen of the sixteen luchadores are announced: 
Blue Demon Jr. 
La Parka  
Psyco Clown 
Villano 4 
Hijo Del Fantasma 
Pentagon 
Fenix
Texano Jr.
Blue Demoncito Jr.
Mini Histeria, 
Octagoncito, 
Mini Abismo Negro, 
Magno, 
Sexy Star, 
Faby 
Apache. 

The sixteenth big star mystery luchador is to be named nearer the time. Refereeing alongside one of Mexico’s finest will be one of Europe’s most respected referees, Steve Lynskey. For the first time the UK will witness the full-on fantastical world of Lucha Libre represented in one ring, on one night. Not only the bad boy rudos and good-guy tecnicos, but also four Mini-Estrellas (mini-stars) as well as female Luchadoras, the glamorous and diamond-hard, Sexy Star and Faby Apache. 

Not since Muhammad Ali boxed at the Albert Hall in 1971 have such enormous personalities come to settle their differences in the Hall’s hallowed ring. Lucha Libre in The Royal Albert Hall is presented by Lucha Future the Mexican wrestling brand of Como No the UK’s main promoter of performance and music from Latin America. 

The show forms part of the Year of Mexico in the UK 2015. From previous Lucha shows by the same producer: "Outrageous spectacle" THE SUNDAY TIMES 
"The audience goes wild... has to be seen to be believed" THE GUARDIAN 
 "Mexico's imaginatively masked wild men" THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH 
 "An important, spectacular event in Mexican culture" THE INDEPENDENT 
 "Pure masters of the art... hi-flying excitement" DAILY STAR 

Twitter.com/luchafuture 
 Facebook.com/luchafuture 
Instagram.com/luchafuture Youtube.com/luchafuture

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lucha Libre comes to the UK

Post by Prometheus on Fri 22 May 2015, 11:12 am

Adam D wrote:Promotheus is going to love this!!

Such is my jet-setting life-style, that I'm actually in Japan then. Because I would pay good money to see Pentagon Jr. and Fenix wrestle.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 22 May 2015, 2:47 pm

Does anyone live in London and would be interested in reviewing this event on behalf of v2?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:23 am

Hey Adam, I'll be donning the mask and heading to this event.
I'll write a review for you.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

Can someone please link me the first episode of Lucha Underground. I want to start watching it.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm

Try typing "lucha underground 10 29" into YouTube
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm

Found it, I think. Hope this us the right one.

nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm

Great. Hope you enjoy it. Look forward to your feedback.

I'd say that unless you really, really find this is not your thing then give it at least 3 episodes.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:43 pm

Will do. Just watched the intro and loved Dario Cueto's line "it's your chance to get rich or die trying" Vampiro on commentary should be good.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

Spoiler: People have died trying! Very Happy
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

Yeah it's a bit hard understanding them with their accents Laugh

Watched the first ep. I liked it. I was expecting Prince Puma to win but Mundo surprised me given how much the commentetors were talking about it being his first match in 3 years. Vampiro was also laying it on thick with Konan being "evil" it's all pointing to Konan working with Cueto. I'll binge watch all the episodes over the weekend.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 12:48 pm

Ok, as promised, here's my review of this event.

First off, the mystery "luchador" that had been teased.... Kendo Nagasaki! Easy money for Ken - from the comfort of his executive booth he rung the bell to commence the event and conclude his cameo appearance.

The curtain jerker saw the Mini-Estrellas in a tag match. No Hornswoggle-type shenanigans for the Mexican's. These guys could really wrestle and throw themselves about. I had a lot of respect for them - there were no mats outside the ring, but that didn't stop them unleashing their full arsenal of moves. An entertaining start to the show. 3/5 Stars.

Match two. This was a high flying singles match between Fenix and Pentagon Jr. Another quality match up with some high-risk spots. It wouldn't surprise me to see Fenix head Stateside some time. 3/5 Stars.

Intermission with entertainment from Bostich and Fussible.

Back to the show. The third match was a mixed tag; Drago and Sexy Star taking on Bengala and Faby Apache. This was match of the night, and I couldn't tell if scripted or off the cuff but there was a heel turn. Drago and Sexy Star came out as the rudo's but tore the house down with their performances. The crowd were truly behind them which led to Bengala giving us all the middle-finger salute at the climax. Great match. 4/5 Stars.

The Main Event was a 6 man-tag which saw Villano 4, Texano Jr, and the physically impressive Hijo Del Fantasma take on Psycho Clown, La Parka and Blue Demon Jr. La Parka received the biggest pop of the night, I suspect much in part for most of the crowd believing him to be the WCW La Parka. Still, as a clearly well-seasoned pro, this version deserved a decent pop too. The match itself, instead of going with the old-school grappling, high-flying matches we'd all just witnessed, went for more circus entertainment. It was hard to keep track of what was going on with all the action 6 men can bring, but at this point the crowd were vibed and bought into the story of the match. Where maybe some of them couldn't move like they used to, they still know how to work the crowd and gave us all a fun conclusion to the show. 3 Stars.

Great night!

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum