The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Lightweights in World Title Fights

2 posters

Go down

British Lightweights in World Title Fights Empty British Lightweights in World Title Fights

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sun 24 May 2015, 11:23 pm

Three of Britain's lightweights - Kevin Mitchell, Anthony Crolla and Terry Flanagan - will be challenging for world titles over the next couple of months. I know I don't post much, but I was interested in getting views on what people think the likelihood is that by the end of July three portions of the lightweight title will be held by British fighters? And, if this were to happen, what would this mean for other Brits in the division?
Coyle has earned his shot but is he good enough?
Is it too early to put Campbell in with any of these guys should they win?
Will we see Matthews-Crolla III for the WBA title? After the last two fights would Matthews enter as favourite?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

British Lightweights in World Title Fights Empty Re: British Lightweights in World Title Fights

Post by leedizzle1986 Sun 24 May 2015, 11:35 pm

I would like to see Matthews vs Crolla 3.... lets face it neither are going to rule the lightweight division but the styles mesh together well and they are both decent little fighters. If Crolla beats Perez (Unlikely) then its a natural fight, WBA champion vs interim champion which by WBA standards is fairly straightforward. I am a massive Mitchell fan for my sins, he was awesome vs Estrada i am just hoping he was really good and it wasnt Estrada being really bad... we will find out against Linares, that is the best fight on next weeks show by a country mile.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

British Lightweights in World Title Fights Empty Re: British Lightweights in World Title Fights

Post by Pound-for-Pound Mon 25 May 2015, 10:41 pm

Anybody seen Zepeda fight? What are Flanagan's chances of taking the title?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down