YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Latest ICM poll - Should Britain stay in Europe ????...

Stay in 59%.......................Get out 41% .....

Common sense seems to be prevailing..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down


YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by superflyweight on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 2:23 pm

I'd ask you to be more careful in future Duty. I'm fairly certain that your post by itself could be deemed by Alex Salmond to be a "trigger" for a second referendum on Scottish independence.

there are a lot of triggers. A woman in Aberdeenshire did a sh!t in October that looked like a Tunnocks tea cake and that nearly set us all off again.


superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 11:44 am

Duty281 wrote:Not at all, my darling, I am hugely optimistic about the prospect of this country regaining so much that it has lost over the last few decades.


That's not the response though, is it?

You plucked some polling data out your backside to suggest 'OUT' was now ahead. I comprehensively showed it was not. So where was your data from and what's it saying now??

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 12:20 pm

The data originated from the largest survey ever conducted on the matter of the EU referendum. Some 20,000 people were asked - far higher than other surveys.

47% said they wanted to leave; 38% wanted to remain. A more detailed synopsis of said survey is available here:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2015/12/leave-to-remain-public-opinion-and-the-eu-referendum/

No further surveys on the EU referendum have since been conducted by his Lordship.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm

A poll that didn't actually ask the question but was a bizarre sliding scale system that nobody else uses....

And that survey was actually released at the same time as 4 others, which I've quoted.....

You're as bad as Truss.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm

4 other surveys which asked far fewer people...

You're as bad as OneTwo...

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 2:02 pm

4 surveys that actually ask the question are better than one that doesn't.

Like Truss, you pick the needle in a haystack that supports you pre-determined opinion and beligerently stick to it in the absence of rationale or reason.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:38 pm

I'll take the 20,000 respondents of a comprehensive, fully-fledged survey, over four half-baked ones, thank you.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 9:29 am

OK.....


(my turn at playing the Truss-response....)

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm

I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 2:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...
Think not? I think the turnout will be pretty big, although nothing surprises me any more.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 2:50 pm

Scots independence turnout was massive. This won't be as big, but bigger than the GE I'd say.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Lowlandbrit on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 3:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..
He pretty much has to say that though, to try and stop people voting to leave just to get rid of him. He'll probably be gone soon after anyway, with a successor from the winning camp.

Lowlandbrit

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..
He pretty much has to say that though, to try and stop people voting to leave just to get rid of him. He'll probably be gone soon after anyway, with a successor from the winning camp.

Disagree..................Cameron polls way ahead of his party (he's popular for a pm)..........Besides how tragic with all the things to consider you place a vote just to get rid of one guy....Bit of a loser to do that !!...

I don't think the turnout will be high...........Because I don't think unlike Scotland being an independent Country....People are that a**ed about Europe !!!.... believe also many people don't know how important it is to be in or out..

Politics begins at home for a lot of people...


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm

Maybe, but we haven't really seen any proper campaigning so far, with all the reasons for and against staying.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:39 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Maybe, but we haven't really seen any proper campaigning so far, with all the reasons for and against staying.

You're right we haven't and I'm guessing.....

Thing is Navy when the public are surveyed on what drives them to turn out at elections...........You'll find the Economy, Immigration and the NHS usually at the top of the list by a good stretch......Then you'll probably get Education and Transport etc........

Europe is usually found at the bottom.......Whilst the question on Europe does encompass all the drivers mentioned to a certain extent...It does show a general disinterest..

Maybe the election will stir interest............Certainly prepared to be proved wrong !!thumbsup


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Maybe, but we haven't really seen any proper campaigning so far, with all the reasons for and against staying.

You're right we haven't and I'm guessing.....

Thing is Navy when the public are surveyed on what drives them to turn out at elections...........You'll find the Economy, Immigration and the NHS usually at the top of the list by a good stretch......Then you'll probably get Education and Transport etc........

Europe is usually found at the bottom.......Whilst the question on Europe does encompass all the drivers mentioned to a certain extent...It does show a general disinterest..

Maybe the election will stir interest............Certainly prepared to be proved wrong !!thumbsup

True, but it won't be about boring 'Europe' will it? It'll be about the fact that leaving Europe will/will not cost millions of jobs, affect trade and therefore the economy and therefore the pocket of the average person. It'll be about immigration because it'll be about open borders (in EU)...or not (out of EU). It'll be about the NHS (see immigration). Etc....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm

Politics tends to start at home....Always has always will..

To many Europe isn't relevant....even though it should be...

Europe is a boring subject...If it becomes interesting then all the better.

I have my doubts..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:25 pm

That's my point though - it won't be couched in the terms of a typical 'Europe' issue. That'll be the background, but it'll be played out in terms of direct effects on U.K. population in terms they'll definitely buy in to. Maybe not though!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 5:35 pm

I know it's your point and it's a valid one..

I believe that the subject though switches some people off and can't see a huge turnout.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

Always enjoyed your sense of humor Duty..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:01 pm

Humour, Truss, humour.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:50 am

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

You've confused 'awaiting' with 'ignoring any'.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

You've confused 'awaiting' with 'ignoring any'.
clap
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

You've confused 'awaiting' with 'ignoring any'.

I couldn't ask for a better way of proving my point.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:25 pm

The fact that anybody that isn't a complete idiot wants to stay in.

I always find to be a decent argument. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

You've confused 'awaiting' with 'ignoring any'.

I couldn't ask for a better way of proving my point.

http://news.cbi.org.uk/business-issues/uk-and-the-european-union/

Straight to the 'ignore' list too, I presume?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by seanmichaels on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:57 pm

I think European governments will generally move to the right in the next 5-10 years resulting in a less molly coddled EU. Tighter borders, less subsidies / benefits. I can see it being a much more efficient union and one that is more attractive to be part of.

The immigrant crisis has done Cameron's work for him.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13321
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 4:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see Cameron has said he won't resign should Brexit win...

I can see no alternative....You can't have a guy who puts all his eggs in the IN basket and doesn't believe in a stand alone Britain in charge of the implementation of a new order of politics..

Be staggered if he stays....Be staggered too if the vote isn't close..

The No camp are more motivated and I can't see there being a high turnout...

However I predict YES and common sense will win...53-47...

It's not Yes/No any more; it's Remain/Leave.

I think the turnout will be huge. And hopefully common sense will carry the day Wink

I'm still awaiting a decent argument from the 'Remain' side, as well.

You've confused 'awaiting' with 'ignoring any'.

I couldn't ask for a better way of proving my point.

http://news.cbi.org.uk/business-issues/uk-and-the-european-union/

Straight to the 'ignore' list too, I presume?


Yawnnnnnnnnnn.

Straight to a level below that of a 'decent argument'.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 4:27 pm

Duty281 wrote:Yawnnnnnnnnnn.

Straight to a level below that of a 'decent argument'.
Looks like you're right Toppy...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 4:49 pm

Flippancy is met with equal flippancy.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 5:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:Flippancy is met with equal flippancy.
Fine. So no discussion then. I therefore assume you'll make no more comment on the EU in/out issue as you clearly can't/won't support anything you say with any reasoning and aren't actually interested in hearing anything counter to your own pre-conceived position. Excellent.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 5:27 pm

Except of course that is not the case.

I made a perfectly valid point that there is a severe drought of decent arguments from the 'Remain' side - underlined beautifully by Mr. Jones last night - and the best that TopHat could respond with was a generic link and two flippant comments.

Why would I even bother trying to debate with him, when he clearly isn't interested in doing so?

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm

Duty281 wrote:Except of course that is not the case.

I made a perfectly valid point that there is a severe drought of decent arguments from the 'Remain' side - underlined beautifully by Mr. Jones last night - and the best that TopHat could respond with was a generic link and two flippant comments.

Why would I even bother trying to debate with him, when he clearly isn't interested in doing so?

What are you blathering on about?

The CBI has provided extensive reasoning as to why we should stay in the EU, can you refute/counter any of it?

Or, as I said (accuaretly, it appears, not flippantly), are you just going to childishly ignore everything?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Steffan on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:24 pm

Watching the EU debate between Herr Farage and First Minister Carwyn Jones. Farage is destroying him which is no surprise as Carwyn is useless. A bit worried about how many of the Welsh audience are pro-Fuhrer though. Hope the rest of Wales see sense and vote remain in the EU

Steffan

Posts : 7808
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 3:13 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Except of course that is not the case.

I made a perfectly valid point that there is a severe drought of decent arguments from the 'Remain' side - underlined beautifully by Mr. Jones last night - and the best that TopHat could respond with was a generic link and two flippant comments.

Why would I even bother trying to debate with him, when he clearly isn't interested in doing so?

What are you blathering on about?

The CBI has provided extensive reasoning as to why we should stay in the EU, can you refute/counter any of it?

Or, as I said (accuaretly, it appears, not flippantly), are you just going to childishly ignore everything?

Which, specifically, are the decent arguments originating from the CBI?

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:31 pm

ICM.....Remain 54....Leave 46..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by CaledonianCraig on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:34 pm

I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 18945
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 51
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:ICM.....Remain 54....Leave 46..

Survation - Remain 38, Leave 42....

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Duty281 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:55 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

Duty281

Posts : 20879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by CaledonianCraig on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:11 pm

Duty281 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

You see that is what I refuse to accept.

Why is there the mis-perception that Scots want independence or Brits wanting out of Europe because there is anti-feeling there. It is merely level-headed people genuinely believing that their country could fair far better without having big brother (UK or Europe) determining how to run your country.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 18945
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 51
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by seanmichaels on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:20 am

Seeing as they based their economic predictions on oil revenue, I think the majority of level headed jocks will be thankful they said no. $20 per barrel wouldn't have covered the free tuition fees.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13321
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:37 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

You see that is what I refuse to accept.

Why is there the mis-perception that Scots want independence or Brits wanting out of Europe because there is anti-feeling there. It is merely level-headed people genuinely believing that their country could fair far better without having big brother (UK or Europe) determining how to run your country.

You're part of Britain and be thankful.....

The SNP's independent economy figures looked like they came from a 12 year old's calculator...The relatively close vote shows the dangers of BLIND nationalism..

Didn't even know what currency you were going to use a month out from the Election !!.....

Britain has more chance of going alone than Scotland and my guess is most people won't be voting over blind hatred of a neighboring Country..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 12:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Because most of the Scots indepedence vote was driven by and drawn from knuckle-draggers? As evidenced by pretty much any and every rally on tv.

Hindisght is a wonderful thing, but seeing the state of the world in 2016, makes SNP's claims even more laughable now.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by superflyweight on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

You see that is what I refuse to accept.

Why is there the mis-perception that Scots want independence or Brits wanting out of Europe because there is anti-feeling there. It is merely level-headed people genuinely believing that their country could fair far better without having big brother (UK or Europe) determining how to run your country.

Level-headed?

Spoiler:
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/82781000/jpg/_82781622_49a625e8-3204-4c08-b4d0-6efe29136fb3.jpg

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by CaledonianCraig on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

You see that is what I refuse to accept.

Why is there the mis-perception that Scots want independence or Brits wanting out of Europe because there is anti-feeling there. It is merely level-headed people genuinely believing that their country could fair far better without having big brother (UK or Europe) determining how to run your country.

Level-headed?

Spoiler:
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/82781000/jpg/_82781622_49a625e8-3204-4c08-b4d0-6efe29136fb3.jpg

Bet they don't indulge in sexual activities with pigs though. ;-)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 18945
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 51
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by CaledonianCraig on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:41 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Because most of the Scots indepedence vote was driven by and drawn from knuckle-draggers? As evidenced by pretty much any and every rally on tv.

Hindisght is a wonderful thing, but seeing the state of the world in 2016, makes SNP's claims even more laughable now.

Well that purely depends on your view point. Pray tell how are the Tories faring in Scotland? It says voters in Scotland are far happier with the SNP in charge than the Tories who are now virtually extinct as a political party in Scotland.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 18945
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 51
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by seanmichaels on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:45 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Well that purely depends on your view point. Pray tell how are the Tories faring in Scotland? It says voters in Scotland are far happier with the SNP in charge than the Tories who are now virtually extinct as a political party in Scotland.

They (we) can still up yout taxes though OK

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13321
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by CaledonianCraig on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am puzzled. I have yet to see people wanting out of the EU being portrayed as foaming at the mouth xenophobic bigots as was generally the case for Scots wishing to go it alone.

Where have you been? You must have missed all the 'Little England' jibes.

You see that is what I refuse to accept.

Why is there the mis-perception that Scots want independence or Brits wanting out of Europe because there is anti-feeling there. It is merely level-headed people genuinely believing that their country could fair far better without having big brother (UK or Europe) determining how to run your country.

You're part of Britain and be thankful.....

The SNP's independent economy figures looked like they came from a 12 year old's calculator...The relatively close vote shows the dangers of BLIND nationalism..

Didn't even know what currency you were going to use a month out from the Election !!.....

Britain has more chance of going alone than Scotland and my guess is most people won't be voting over blind hatred of a neighboring Country..


Nope the close vote shows that their plans had substance and a lot of believers in it rather than blind nationalism.

Tell me please the history of 'blind nationalism'? Has it always been rampant in Scotland and same with this blind hatred you speak of? I only say this because in the late 70s I do believe the Yes vote gained 10% of Scotland's votes but now that stands at 45%.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 18945
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 51
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by seanmichaels on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:47 pm

That's the great thing, for all the whining and Prince Edward's army nonsense, the Scots are essentially as much our bitches now as they have ever been.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13321
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !! - Page 3 Empty Re: YES is miles ahead of NO in latest EU referendum poll !!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum