The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:35 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Oh no. Please don't foe me. I don't know how I'll cope  broken .

So you do remember your post now then, judging by your change of tack? Are you Owen Robins by the way? He tends to post a lot of hot air, then when he gets corrected he resorts to blocking people.

What post, you are seriously going to have to tell me as I do not know what you are talking about.

Yep.

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 05 Jun 2015, 11:36 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Ha. Chunky Ipswich.

laughing
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 05 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm

Wink
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:You're thinking of CamarthenSHIRE.

nah, I just didn't check, if I am being honest. I just looked at it, that Camarthen has a big Tesco Extra and Llanelli do not, I mean, come on, if your town does not have a big Tesco Extra, then what do you expect people to think. Laugh

That you've got taste Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm

A couple of points from the article:
"Sir Stanley and Peter Thomas were reported this year to have a joint fortune of £235m, putting them tenth on the list of the richest people in Wales"
"“We have put in the planning application and I have asked Merthyr Council if they would consider a £500,000 grant which I will match fund."
"The scheme would cost £1.25m in total, with the aim being to make up the rest of the funding via grants from the WRU and the Welsh Assembly."

So despite being a multi-millionare and being very well aware of the other problems in the valleys around social depravation and unemployment, his grand scheme for Merthyr is based on him investing £500,000 and the local Council finding the rest, not to mention another £250,000 from central government and the WRU, and therefore for less than half the total investment he gets a shiny new everything at Merthyr?

Benefactor indeed !

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:16 pm

Yes. What a Muppet, providing just £500k. Either put up all of it or do one.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:25 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:A couple of points from the article:
"Sir Stanley and Peter Thomas were reported this year to have a joint fortune of £235m, putting them tenth on the list of the richest people in Wales"
"“We have put in the planning application and I have asked Merthyr Council if they would consider a £500,000 grant which I will match fund."
"The scheme would cost £1.25m in total, with the aim being to make up the rest of the funding via grants from the WRU and the Welsh Assembly."

So despite being a multi-millionare and being very well aware of the other problems in the valleys around social depravation and unemployment, his grand scheme for Merthyr is based on him investing £500,000 and the local Council finding the rest, not to mention another £250,000 from central government and the WRU, and therefore for less than half the total investment he gets a shiny new everything at Merthyr?

Benefactor indeed !
Thats how you make a fortune like that in the first place....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:26 pm

Makes me think of this

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 05 Jun 2015, 1:30 pm

So they are one and the same person then? Or is it like me saying Bill Gates have a reported joint fortune of £34,000,000.01 which makes us the second richest people in the world?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 3:20 pm

Benefactor indeed !
Merthyr council are skint as well and there is still talk of a merger with RCT council. Even if they do have this money to spend I doubt it will go on a rugby ground what with all the other socio-economic problems that the town and county has. Unless he is willing to invest all his own money then this project is about as realistic as Owen Smiths 'Valleys Rugby' plan laughing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

So they are one and the same person then?  Or is it like me saying Bill Gates have a reported joint fortune of £34,000,000.01  which makes us the second richest people in the world?
My brother is worth about half a million pounds so that means me and him have a joint fortune of...half a million pounds

I'm rich Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm

Benefactor indeed !

You don't get rich by giving all your money away...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm

Steffan wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

So they are one and the same person then?  Or is it like me saying Bill Gates have a reported joint fortune of £34,000,000.01  which makes us the second richest people in the world?
My brother is worth about half a million pounds so that means me and him have a joint fortune of...half a million pounds

I'm rich Yahoo

I wonder which pie brother is the Steffan and which is the Steffan's brother? But bad journalism to lump them together though.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Steffan wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

I'm rich Yahoo

I wonder which pie brother is the Steffan and which is the Steffan's brother?  But bad journalism to lump them together though.
Actually I got another brother as well who is loaded so I am neither Pie brother and despite having a few quid myself am the pauper of the lot Laugh

There has been bad journalism all round with this Stan Thomas business but thats what you expect from Delme Parfitt

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:44 pm

Steffan wrote:Pontypridd RFC sign Ceri Sweeney and Risca Rev says this is low ambition by Sweeney signing for a semi-professional club

Andy Powell signs for Merthyr RFC who not yet even in the Premiership...Risca Rev says nothing

Moneyman comes to Merthyr offering to buy success for the club...Risca says this is great

If a moneyman came to Pontypridd offering to buy success for the club...Risca says typical selfish old Ponty who can't accept they are a feeder club

Tried to get one in 2002, so I was told.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:00 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:Pontypridd RFC sign Ceri Sweeney and Risca Rev says this is low ambition by Sweeney signing for a semi-professional club

Andy Powell signs for Merthyr RFC who not yet even in the Premiership...Risca Rev says nothing

Moneyman comes to Merthyr offering to buy success for the club...Risca says this is great

If a moneyman came to Pontypridd offering to buy success for the club...Risca says typical selfish old Ponty who can't accept they are a feeder club

Tom Jones probably. We been nagging him for years Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Tom Jones probably. We been nagging him for years Smile

Ponty could then have a bite to match their bark.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:06 pm

Steffan wrote:
The Saint wrote:I think the point is that Blues are doing more to embrace their region, with the chairman putting money into Merthyr RFC and declaring his intentions
11 years after they first took over the "region"  laughing

Where was he prior to this?

Maybe if the Pieman had embraced his "region" a bit earlier on then there wouldn't be such hostility to Cardiff Blues

The Saint wrote:Like Risca has also said, Ponty are small fish. Doesn't mean they don't have their duty to Wales rugby though
Small fish or not. Ponty do their bit and I don't see how you can argue otherwise

The Saint wrote:If Merthyr one day get too big for their boots like the Black & Whites I'm sure the WRU chairman will have a few things to say
You mean like they stood up to Cardiff and Llanelli back in 2003 when they got 'too big for their boots' and demanded stand alone status and threatened to bankrupt the WRU ?

Seriously mate I know Ponty at times don't do themselves any favours but the way you twist things so everyone else is good and only Ponty are bad is beyond

It's the way you tell 'em Steff. picard

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 06 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm

Merthyr have signed Rhys Downes from Ebbw on a three year contracts. 

Merthyr Rising
The recent news of major investment in facilities and players at the Ironmen has brought the unwelcome news of Rhys Downes accepting a substantial three year contract to be part of the latest revolution in Merthyr Tydfil. Rhys, who is due to start a three-year University course in September, has conducted himself in an open and honest manner and goes with the blessing of the club who fully realise that this contract will allow him to complete his university studies without financial pressure. Club Chaiman Jon Jones said, "Rhys has been a pleasure to deal with in his season at the club and has been a hugely impressive performer in the number 9 position. He will always be welcome at Eugene Cross Park and we wish him every success on the field and in his academic studies.”

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:34 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sir-stan-thomas-merthyr-rfc-9410737

The fail, well on specific journo, have voiced their concerns about Merthyr.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm

I think
when the club game is supposed to be geared towards preparing young players for the regions and, ultimately, the Test arena
is a rather sad state of affairs. The idea that clubs only exist to provide players for those higher up loses the who point of the sport IMO. Test rugby is important because it generates money and interest to put back in the game, but the whole point of that is get people into rugby at all levels. THAT should be what club rugby is there for, to provide a platform for people to get involved in the rugby.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 08 Jun 2015, 2:01 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:I think
when the club game is supposed to be geared towards preparing young players for the regions and, ultimately, the Test arena
is a rather sad state of affairs.  The idea that clubs only exist to provide players for those higher up loses the who point of the sport IMO.  Test rugby is important because it generates money and interest to put back in the game, but the whole point of that is get people into rugby at all levels. THAT should be what club rugby is there for, to provide a platform for people to get involved in the rugby.

Your right there. Even funnier is if the likes of Matthew Rees etc signed for Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale, Camarthen Quins etc, it would have been hailed as a top quality signing. And it probably would have been lauded as a sign of the Welsh Prem attempting to be more competitive and bridging the gap between the semi-pros and the regions.

For the sake of Welsh rugby we need teams like Merthyr to be pushing to get into the Welsh Prem. and we should be patting them on the back for taking steps to improve their lot.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm

is a rather sad state of affairs.  The idea that clubs only exist to provide players for those higher up loses the who point of the sport IMO.  Test rugby is important because it generates money and interest to put back in the game, but the whole point of that is get people into rugby at all levels. THAT should be what club rugby is there for, to provide a platform for people to get involved in the rugby.

Nobody forgets their roots. The clubs will always have a following. BTW, isn't rugby geared towards test rugby in every country or am I missing something? NZ has one of the best models, and it works for those with small populations. England or France wouldn't need it, but guys like Wales do.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm

The Saint wrote:

Nobody forgets their roots. The clubs will always have a following. BTW, isn't rugby geared towards test rugby in every country or am I missing something? NZ has one of the best models, and it works for those with small populations. England or France wouldn't need it, but guys like Wales do.

Saint, we are in a halfway state though. The regions and prem ate geared up for future international player development. But the champion down are geared up yo push for the prem places.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:37 pm

Saint, I agree and I didn't been to single Wales out. It's just a bugbear of mine. The idea that the whole point of rugby is the international game. You read the union bumph and they talk about the importance of the international game to provide the resources to grow the game but the reality is it's becoming more and more so that the internationally game is end rather than the means. The club game is being twisted to feed the international game, rather than the international game growing the club game.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:24 am

Hammer, hopefully it all has a knock-on effect on each other. The premiership and DIV1 is littered with players playing for just the love of the game, everyone knows they won't go anywhere further. It's also the reason why a lot of amateur clubs exist here in Wales. You can never take that away. As it stands though, the Blues region needs improvement, and it's starting with Merthyr RFC.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:08 am

Also if prem sides, and lower down sides, do get the former stars drop down to them, as opposed to retiring and taking media or business roles, all that experience isn't being lost.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Jun 2015, 9:48 am

The Saint wrote:the Blues region needs improvement

I could not agree more, and it would also help if the teams actually in and around Cardiff started providing more talent for the region. As it stands most of the Blues squad and academy players come from the valleys.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 09 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I could not agree more, and it would also help if the teams actually in and around Cardiff started providing more talent for the region. As it stands most of the Blues squad and academy players come from the valleys.

I wrote a thread about this before. Cardiff really dosn't pull its weight in terms of player production. Correct me if i'm wrong but of the current Wales team are only Jamie Roberts and Sam Warburton from Cardiff? 

Off topic I know but I think the Blues and the WRU need to do more to help get minorities in to rugby. The only team i've ever played against with more than two minority players on the field is CIACs. There also seems to be a pretty strong bias towards Catholic schools in the Cardiff Schools teams but the Welsh junior teams have always (my opinion) favoured Welsh speaking players. 

In all I think there is a lot the Blues can do to help the region develop. Both in and out of Cardiff.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:18 pm

I agree Coleman, although the Dragons players don't get a lot of caps we are certainly producing more young talent than Cardiff atm.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Tue 09 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-premiership-set-enlarged-12-9417124

Ok that's solved the Merthyr getting Premiership rugby problem.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm

I don't mind the Premiership being expanded as it's more rugby to watch. Seems a strange idea though considering they originally were all saying the less teams in the Premiership the better as it means the talent is more concentrated which leads to a better standard. Very busy schedule for the players as well. I'm looking forward to travelling up to Merthyr RFC though to Ponty take on this team full of stars. Any chance of Sir Stan getting Dan Carter on the books as I have never seen him play live. Great news that North Wales will finally get a Premiership team as well. It's long overdue

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 09 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

Fully agree about RGC. Be good to see a Welsh Prem that covers a lot more of Wales. On a side note. If they pull teams up from the Championship how will this effect promotion/relegation in the lower leagues?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 09 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

Hmm, seems its not been finalized yet, lots of misinformation flying about at the moment.

No sign of the Ponty troll though, seriously concerned about his well being...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm

Coleman wrote:Fully agree about RGC. Be good to see a Welsh Prem that covers a lot more of Wales. On a side note. If they pull teams up from the Championship how will this effect promotion/relegation in the lower leagues?

Can it altogether hopefully. It is that which creates disparity in the lower leagues and at amateur level. Ringfence the premiership, and maybe introduce an upper and lower tier.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm

Coleman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I wrote a thread about this before. Cardiff really dosn't pull its weight in terms of player production. Correct me if i'm wrong but of the current Wales team are only Jamie Roberts and Sam Warburton from Cardiff? 

Off topic I know but I think the Blues and the WRU need to do more to help get minorities in to rugby. The only team i've ever played against with more than two minority players on the field is CIACs. There also seems to be a pretty strong bias towards Catholic schools in the Cardiff Schools teams but the Welsh junior teams have always (my opinion) favoured Welsh speaking players. 

In all I think there is a lot the Blues can do to help the region develop. Both in and out of Cardiff.

What do you consider a minority then? As this hasn't been my experience of playing Cardiff teams and schools, though a fair few were catholic. It's strange as all of those were good teams, so there's a clear issue somewhere along the line.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 09 Jun 2015, 5:13 pm

Black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese. I'm from Cardiff and rarely see players from these backgrounds playing at 14:30 on a saturday. When you look at Splott, Grangetown, Cathays and the other areas where you have a lot of 2nd or 3rd generation families you still see very few in club rugby. I think it's something to WRU  and the Blues should be addressing.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm

doctornickolas wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-premiership-set-enlarged-12-9417124

Hope not. They should probably earn their way in, like winning the championship. How did they fair this year?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

Coleman wrote:Black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese. I'm from Cardiff and rarely see players from these backgrounds playing at 14:30 on a saturday. When you look at Splott, Grangetown, Cathays and the other areas where you have a lot of 2nd or 3rd generation families you still see very few in club rugby. I think it's something to WRU  and the Blues should be addressing.

Generally speaking the latter don't bother with rugby, some do I guess as I've seen a few from all backgrounds. Not so sure it is the cause of the problem here though, plus it's also the case outside of Cardiff. Like I also said, it's odd, considering Cardiff is home to good teams at various age groups.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:40 pm

The Saint wrote:
doctornickolas wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-premiership-set-enlarged-12-9417124

Hope not. They should probably earn their way in, like winning the championship. How did they fair this year?

Fourth, so fair enough if it's 4 up. Personally I don't agree with them or RGC going up, but then if it gives the Premiership a bit of a lift (and I don't think it will), then all the best. Be interesting to see how the Merthyr Barbarians fare. Personally, I think only Bargoed could step up.

Think the league was Bargoed, Swansea, RGC, Merthyr, Pooler?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:40 pm

The Saint wrote:

1 Bargoed
2 Swansea
3 Merthyr
4 RGC1404
5 Pontypool
6 Narberth
etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/welsh-championship/table

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm

Close enough for cash by me. So RGC are not really ready to step up as suggested then. Have they made signings? Even Pooler below them are signing Prem players

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Close enough for cash by me. So RGC are not really ready to step up as suggested then. Have they made signings? Even Pooler below them are signing Prem players

A few Canadians maybe?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:28 pm

Coleman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I wrote a thread about this before. Cardiff really dosn't pull its weight in terms of player production. Correct me if i'm wrong but of the current Wales team are only Jamie Roberts and Sam Warburton from Cardiff

Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

This must be the reason why Cardiff Blues are a bag of shoite then. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm

If they're the top 4 then I guess that makes sense. Part of me would have liked to have seen Pontypool go up, but RGC definitely needs some sort of representation. Premiership would certainly need a ringfence though as it's likely RGC to finish last.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 9:10 pm

Coleman wrote:Black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese. I'm from Cardiff and rarely see players from these backgrounds playing at 14:30 on a saturday. When you look at Splott, Grangetown, Cathays and the other areas where you have a lot of 2nd or 3rd generation families you still see very few in club rugby. I think it's something to WRU  and the Blues should be addressing.

Best thing the Blues could do for rugby in Cardiff is to stop fannying about, be who they are, make a proper "rugby decision" and win the blydi European Cup.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Coleman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

They do loads though already and always have done, all over the place. Check out their website and the archives.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:12 am

With regard to getting kids in from Cardiff and the other cities/large towns, is rugby still a major school sport in the state schools?
The way to engage minority kids (and kids from families with no rugby tradition) is take the game to them and show them that it's not just a game for posh/white kids.
How much do the WRU/clubs do in this area?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Irish Londoner wrote:With regard to getting kids in from Cardiff and the other cities/large towns, is rugby still a major school sport in the state schools?
The way to engage minority kids (and kids from families with no rugby tradition) is take the game to them and show them that it's not just a game for posh/white kids.

I've not seen a lot if i'm honest. When i was younger we used to have Cardiff RFC players at my primary school every other week doing coaching sessions that everyone took part in. But that has died off now it seems. I thought Josh Lewsey was trying to increase rugby in schools as part of his role in the WRU. You need to get them at primary school in my opinion and follow up in secondry. Also i think there is some cultural myths that need to be dispelled. Such as it's all beers, sausages and chips after the games. That is instantly a barrier to some communities.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:12 am

Irish Londoner wrote:With regard to getting kids in from Cardiff and the other cities/large towns, is rugby still a major school sport in the state schools?

It's never been a game for posh people in Wales though, so this should be a fairly easy hurdle to overcome. It's always been a working class sport. A sport played by the tough miners after a hard day at the coalface (traditionally). A game played by teams in poor towns and villages across the country, some of which have the highest levels of deprivation in Europe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next