The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 11 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 11 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by PhilBB Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

That's only because I see no signs of improvement. In fact, the regions are worst this year than they were last year. Sad

If that is a claim of Cardiff, you're writing even more nonsense than before.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 11 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:47 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
I hope you are right Phil, but all the money in the world will not stop players putting in less effort for the regions than they do for their country. It will also not stop the inept coaching, and the banging you head against the wall until it works tactics.

Name the inept coaches and players who try less hard for their employers than they do for Team Wales.

Quantify this rhetoric.

I did not say the coaches try less hard, they are just not very good.

One player who hardly ever plays as good for his region than he does for team Wales is our beloved captain Super Sam Warburton.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:49 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

That's only because I see no signs of improvement. In fact, the regions are worst this year than they were last year. Sad

If that is a claim of Cardiff, you're writing even more nonsense than before.

Tell me then, where have they improved ? Other than being above Dragons, which is nothing to brag about, then there is no improvement. We have done worst in the CC than last year, and we are still not in the top 6 places.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You keep repeating this guff, Dowlais. You really do seem to believe that the regions are happy to be underachieving, that they're not trying to improve.

Again, another surmising sweeping statement at me.

But you do seem to believe the regions are happy to be where they are. You keep saying so.

Just because you see no improvement doesn't mean there's no attempt at improvement. Connacht are the worst province season after season, but it doesn't follow that they're happy about it, or that they're not trying to improve on it.

N.B. I know this isn't a great example and that the Irish model is very different to ours.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Just because you see no improvement doesn't mean there's no attempt at improvement.

But it has been the same for ages. If there was anything I would be happy, Ospreys kept my optimism up in the league last year, but they have gone backwards, other than that all our regions are akin to the Italians away from home, an easy 5pts.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Connacht are the worst province season after season, but it doesn't follow that they're happy about it, or that they're not trying to improve on it.

Connacht are probably the most improved side in the British Isles, I can only dream of an improvement like that within our regions, they have got a very good coaching set-up there, we should take a tip off them.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:01 pm

I'm trying to get across to you that it's a logical fallacy to say, 'I see no improvement, therefore there must be no attempt at improvement'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm trying to get across to you that it's a logical fallacy to say, 'I see no improvement, therefore there must be no attempt at improvement'.

Well, seeing as you are convinced that they are trying to improve, I will say this. THEY NEED TO TRY HARDER.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 04 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm trying to get across to you that it's a logical fallacy to say, 'I see no improvement, therefore there must be no attempt at improvement'.

Well, seeing as you are convinced that they are trying to improve, I will say this. THEY NEED TO TRY HARDER.

Classic Lord Drivel.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 04 Feb 2016, 6:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Just because you see no improvement doesn't mean there's no attempt at improvement.

But it has been the same for ages. If there was anything I would be happy, Ospreys kept my optimism up in the league last year, but they have gone backwards, other than that all our regions are akin to the Italians away from home, an easy 5pts.

Do you read the nonsense you post? I've said it on another thread so just to keep things short....Ospreys achieved double their points in Europe from the previous year, Scarlets sit atop the table in pro12. Dragons are in the quarter finals again and Danny Wilson has got the blues to be top try scorers in the pro12. If that isn't improvement then what is?

Every time you post people seem to attack you but if you read what you post you'll come to the conclusion it's just nonsense and not fact.

You moan and moan about the regions buying in NWQ to improve their squads and want them to play average Welsh players so there are more players available to Wales yet moan and moan if the regions perform poorly.

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:03 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Bollox to running our game the way the PRL and LNR run the show in their countries. It only works for two countries in world rugby.

Subsidising? I don't think so. WRU owns 50% and has done NOTHING with their half. We also don't get enough dual contracts, for example Lydiate and Faletau. Charteris...aye why not. Then the likes of Thornton, King, Baker, Rh Jones (none of them on a French radar) signed up without haste. You're arguing against the wrong group, which is why a certain someone is beginning to hump your leg. WRUs prerogative doesn't seem to want 4 strong teams.

Erm, we do run the game here as PRL and LNR do.

The subsidising of the NGD comes from their equal split of payment for player access by the WRU whilst not supplying their equal share of players.

Lydiate didn't want to go back the NGD. Faletau wanted to leave. You haven't got a leg to stand on with those two players.

If you are moaning about players not on the French radar getting NDC then talk me through Morgan and Amos (both who want out of the NGD this summer).

I don't know what the final two sentences mean but the ones written before them were complete nonsense.

I don't think so. Griff has already answered this btw, but you just think it's nonsense. Is anyone who disagrees with you talking nonsense?
You should see Phil and his crew on twitter. Go and have a read of their plans for how to save rugby and I'm willing to bet you "village idiots" is the first thing that springs to mind laughing.

We've had players overlooked in the past though, and no support to help keep hold of them (see Faletau) so it's not entirely our fault. The position we've been in and are still in is not 'entirely' our fault, the same as it is for the BLUES region. Don't the regions get funding on top of NDC's btw? I was under the impression we would be getting less with this situation, hence the strong getting everyone's internationals and the weaker continuing to struggle.

You might be right on Lydiate. The Faletau situation was a lot different so you're definitely wrong there. If you actually read back you can see that there was the opportunity for more intervention, more money, etc. It was a blunder on both fronts (WRU and NGD).

Because they were playing well and due to be on the fringes of the squad, in positions we were light in (centre and wing). I didn't think the likes of King, Rh Jones were good enough to be in the international team, and certainly not on a French radar. It was only going to be a matter of time for the likes of Amos and Morgan if past trends are anything to go by. Do they both want out? Nonsensical claim unless backed up.

Phil, I'll refer you to my opening post. nonsenserfcfans.co.uk Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:09 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:WRUs prerogative doesn't seem to want 4 strong teams.

Yep, it's all the fault of the WRU. Rolling Eyes

Having met Phillips, I can personally note that mike's point there is also utter nonsense.

So why did they bail out Scarlets? Why do they carve up one team and give their players to other teams? Why no additional funding for 50% owned teams? Why not more intervention? I think you're reading a bit too much into LD's selective reply here (which was incorrect btw as I'm not saying it's the WRUs fault however it's a waste of time me attempting to explain this to Dowlais), which puts on you intermedidiot level with him. Before you reply I think Cardiff with their two multi-millionaire backers could go it alone. It was these guys that allowed you to fall into a 'black hole' btw so you can't really blame that much on Lewis.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:11 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Is it? Well they did form and help fund/run the 4 teams. Unless growing welsh rugby has suddenly not been their prerogative since last night. Can anyone confirm this? Tumbleweed

It has been since November 1st, 2015.

How so, have they withdrawn all funding?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:18 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You keep repeating this guff, Dowlais. You really do seem to believe that the regions are happy to be underachieving, that they're not trying to improve.

Again, another surmising sweeping statement at me.

Look, what incentive is there for the regions to change ?

If they finished 12th,11th,10th,9th in the league every year and never won the CC, then how would that affect them ? It wouldn't, as long as they are producing players for Wales, the WRU will STILL fund them the same, there is NOTHING to shake the regions into changing their ways, the players are there, they excel for team Wales, yet when they play for the regions, apart from AWJ, Biggar and every now and then Faletau they are shadows of the players that play for Wales.

That for me tells me that the mindsets of the regions needs a drastic overhaul, they are never looking over their shoulders, there is nobody sticking their hands in the air for a turn at pro rugby, so they have nothing to fear with failure.

A correct statement.

Right so basically what you're moving towards is what I said, more intervention because it should be the WRU's prerogative to strengthen the game across the board. Does "so it's all the WRUs fault then Rolling Eyes" not apply here? Why am I not surprised to see you contradict yourself time and again!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Connacht are the worst province season after season, but it doesn't follow that they're happy about it, or that they're not trying to improve on it.

Connacht are probably the most improved side in the British Isles, I can only dream of an improvement like that within our regions, they have got a very good coaching set-up there, we should take a tip off them.

Yes. They were able to improve through more union intervention. And in this scenario the union had them down as a development province so it was the union's fault. Connacht sure a patient bunch. Why do I get the feeling this is what the union has wanted to do to the Dregs for over a decade?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:13 am

mikey, why should there be WRU intervention ? 

The regions are independent businesses, why should the WRU step in and save their @rses ?

It should be down to the people in charge of the regions to get it right, not the WRU.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:mikey, why should there be WRU intervention ? 

The regions are independent businesses, why should the WRU step in and save their @rses ?

It should be down to the people in charge of the regions to get it right, not the WRU.

I would completely agree with this point if we still had the full pro club rugby structure in Wales like in England and France, based on promotion and relegation, competition between sides, club based academies, capitalist approaches (i.e. sink or swim, generate money and spend or die, etc.), looking out for number one only.  Then, the people in charge are the ones that have to get it right, and if they don't then they get relegated and someone else with the money and resources can be promoted and can perhaps take their place, take their players, etc.

However, since the WRU forced through their quasi-provincial model, ring fenced the 5 (now 4) sides, fund them £x million per year, receive all of the TV monies rather than the regions receiving it, send WRU coaches out to the regions to work with players, etc. they are demonstrated that they are very much involved and as such they should be involved when the chips are down too.  They can't just dip in and out.  Take the credit for the structure when the times are good but bail out when sides are struggling.  They created this.  They're funding it (largely).  They're saying who the regions can sign a lot of the time.  They should therefore be involved in the solution to some problems too.

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:59 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I did not say the coaches try less hard, they are just not very good.

One player who hardly ever plays as good for his region than he does for team Wales is our beloved captain Super Sam Warburton.

I wrote 'inept coaches and players who try less hard'. In English, that means the coaches are inept and, in a different clause, the players try less hard.

Warburton's primary employer is the WRU, so he doesn't count.

Name the inept coaches (plural).

Name the players (plural) who 'try less hard'. Your words. Your rhetoric. Justify them.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:01 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Tell me then, where have they improved ? Other than being above Dragons, which is nothing to brag about, then there is no improvement. We have done worst in the CC than last year, and we are still not in the top 6 places.

The quality of their play is significantly better than it was last year. If there was any 'we' about this, you'd have easily recognised the improvement.

This year's group was significantly tougher than last year's yet they were one cowardly refereeing decision away from qualification.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:03 am

Griff wrote: They should therefore be involved in the solution to some problems too.

They are though aren't they ? 

That was what the war was all about, and the regions won, we now have the WRU paying for 60% of the national players wages. 

It's not down to the WRU to show the people in charge how to run their regions/teams. We are not like Ireland, we have independent owners, it is up to those owners to put things right. They do all the hiring and firing, and at the moment it is obvious there is something wrong.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:05 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

I don't think so. Griff has already answered this btw, but you just think it's nonsense. Is anyone who disagrees with you talking nonsense?
You should see Phil and his crew on twitter. Go and have a read of their plans for how to save rugby and I'm willing to bet you "village idiots" is the first thing that springs to mind laughing.

We've had players overlooked in the past though, and no support to help keep hold of them (see Faletau) so it's not entirely our fault. The position we've been in and are still in is not 'entirely' our fault, the same as it is for the BLUES region. Don't the regions get funding on top of NDC's btw? I was under the impression we would be getting less with this situation, hence the strong getting everyone's internationals and the weaker continuing to struggle.

You might be right on Lydiate. The Faletau situation was a lot different so you're definitely wrong there. If you actually read back you can see that there was the opportunity for more intervention, more money, etc. It was a blunder on both fronts (WRU and NGD).

Because they were playing well and due to be on the fringes of the squad, in positions we were light in (centre and wing). I didn't think the likes of King, Rh Jones were good enough to be in the international team, and certainly not on a French radar. It was only going to be a matter of time for the likes of Amos and Morgan if past trends are anything to go by. Do they both want out? Nonsensical claim unless backed up.

Phil, I'll refer you to my opening post. nonsenserfcfans.co.uk Wink

Faletau made his move to Bath known before the RWC. Him wanting out of the NGD was well known in Welsh rugby circles and now Morgan and Amos want out, too. It wasn't a real blunder that he left, the blunder was allowing him the '£25,000' excuse.

NDCs shouldn't be for players 'on the fringes of the squad'. Neither Amos nor Morgan deserve an NDC. Neither are on 'the French radar'.

I don't quite understand what the rest of that post means, sorry. However, if you think that the shambles that is the NGD isn't the fault solely of the NGD then, sadly, you are deluded and mistaken.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:07 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Having met Phillips, I can personally note that mike's point there is also utter nonsense.

So why did they bail out Scarlets? Why do they carve up one team and give their players to other teams? Why no additional funding for 50% owned teams? Why not more intervention? I think you're reading a bit too much into LD's selective reply here (which was incorrect btw as I'm not saying it's the WRUs fault however it's a waste of time me attempting to explain this to Dowlais), which puts on you intermedidiot level with him. Before you reply I think Cardiff with their two multi-millionaire backers could go it alone. It was these guys that allowed you to fall into a 'black hole' btw so you can't really blame that much on Lewis.

The WRU have bailed out 'Scarlets'.
No players were 'given' to other teams.
The NGD cannot have additional 'funding' because that would lead to an obvious legal case from the other about the abuse of market position. Ditto 'intervention'.

Cardiff have four multi millionaire backers on the Board, by the way.

If you think that the 2009 PA didn't cause the recent disaster, plus Lewis' attempts to shut down the four teams, then you've clearly not been paying attention (giving you the benefit of the doubt that if you had paid attention then you'd have seen the blindingly obvious).
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:08 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Is it? Well they did form and help fund/run the 4 teams. Unless growing welsh rugby has suddenly not been their prerogative since last night. Can anyone confirm this? Tumbleweed

It has been since November 1st, 2015.

How so, have they withdrawn all funding?

WTF are you on about?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:08 am

PhilBB wrote:The quality of their play is significantly better than it was last year. If there was any 'we' about this, you'd have easily recognised the improvement.

But we are only one place better off in the league, FFS, are you totally blinded by your loyalty to the team ?

Cardiff Blues have made a balls up of everything, every season since Dai Young left. This season is just the same.

PhilBB wrote:This year's group was significantly tougher than last year's yet they were one cowardly refereeing decision away from qualification.

Ah, so it's the refs fault then, not ours your honour. Rolling Eyes 

Can you not see how you look by not admitting the teams failures ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:09 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Right so basically what you're moving towards is what I said, more intervention because it should be the WRU's prerogative to strengthen the game across the board. Does "so it's all the WRUs fault then Rolling Eyes" not apply here? Why am I not surprised to see you contradict yourself time and again!

WTF? The WRU has neither the financial nor human resource for 'more intervention'.

The best foot forward, as Phillips is showing, is for less WRU intervention.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:10 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Yes. They were able to improve through more union intervention. And in this scenario the union had them down as a development province so it was the union's fault. Connacht sure a patient bunch. Why do I get the feeling this is what the union has wanted to do to the Dregs for over a decade?

Wrong.

Connacht were able to improve through having more MONEY.

The WRU doesn't have in its power to make the NGD a 'development' team.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:13 am

Griff wrote:

I would completely agree with this point if we still had the full pro club rugby structure in Wales like in England and France, based on promotion and relegation, competition between sides, club based academies, capitalist approaches (i.e. sink or swim, generate money and spend or die, etc.), looking out for number one only.  Then, the people in charge are the ones that have to get it right, and if they don't then they get relegated and someone else with the money and resources can be promoted and can perhaps take their place, take their players, etc.

However, since the WRU forced through their quasi-provincial model, ring fenced the 5 (now 4) sides, fund them £x million per year, receive all of the TV monies rather than the regions receiving it, send WRU coaches out to the regions to work with players, etc. they are demonstrated that they are very much involved and as such they should be involved when the chips are down too.  They can't just dip in and out.  Take the credit for the structure when the times are good but bail out when sides are struggling.  They created this.  They're funding it (largely).  They're saying who the regions can sign a lot of the time.  They should therefore be involved in the solution to some problems too.

The WRU don't 'fund' these teams. What is this crazy rhetoric that exists on this message board?

The agreement is for the WRU to pass through (as the Annual Report dictates) the TV money as it has to reach an annual turnover figure in order to meet its covenants with Barclays. What WRU coaches work with the pro teams?? Any more than RFU coaches work with PRL teams?

The WRU are NOT funding it. You've got that fundamentally wrong.

The WRU are not 'saying who the regions can sign', either. That is also fundamentally wrong.

Where are you getting this drivel from?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:14 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote: They should therefore be involved in the solution to some problems too.

They are though aren't they ? 

That was what the war was all about, and the regions won, we now have the WRU paying for 60% of the national players wages. 

It's not down to the WRU to show the people in charge how to run their regions/teams. We are not like Ireland, we have independent owners, it is up to those owners to put things right. They do all the hiring and firing, and at the moment it is obvious there is something wrong.

The fundamental areas that are 'wrong' were created by Lewis and so will take time to improve:

- the TV deal for the PrO'12
- the below market rate payment for player access
- the PrO'12 itself

These things won't get changed in three months, ffs.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:16 am

LordDowlais wrote:
But we are only one place better off in the league, FFS, are you totally blinded by your loyalty to the team ?

Cardiff Blues have made a balls up of everything, every season since Dai Young left. This season is just the same.

Bloody hell, mate, that's some ignorant drivel.

There is clearly an improvement in the team. What you seem to be unable to differentiate is an improvement and an improvement relative to others.

The appointment of Wilson, years too late, is clearly an enormous step in the right direction. If you cannot see that he has already hugely improved the quality of the play then it suggests to me that you're not watching.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Ah, so it's the refs fault then, not ours your honour. Rolling Eyes 

Can you not see how you look by not admitting the teams failures ?

We are not discussing 'failures'. We are discussing an improvement on last year and the possibility of future improvement.

Do try to keep your goalposts still when you're taking a kicking on them.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

PhilBB wrote:The WRU don't 'fund' these teams. What is this crazy rhetoric that exists on this message board?

The agreement is for the WRU to pass through (as the Annual Report dictates) the TV money as it has to reach an annual turnover figure in order to meet its covenants with Barclays. What WRU coaches work with the pro teams?? Any more than RFU coaches work with PRL teams?

The WRU are NOT funding it. You've got that fundamentally wrong. 

The WRU are not 'saying who the regions can sign', either. That is also fundamentally wrong. 

Where are you getting this drivel from?

This is what I keep getting shouted down for, there are members on this forum who will not acknowledge that it is the regions responsability for under achieving and always blame the WRU.

Now I am not saying the WRU are/have been perfect, infact the last man in charge nearly ruined domestic rugby in Wales, but the fact that the regions are a soft touch away from home and that we have 3 teams outside the top 6 in the league is not the fault of the WRU.

Hopefully though next year will be better, but I cannot see it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:21 am

PhilBB wrote:The appointment of Wilson, years too late, is clearly an enormous step in the right direction. If you cannot see that he has already hugely improved the quality of the play then it suggests to me that you're not watching.

OK then, if Cardiff Blues finish in the top 6 this year then I will take it back, if they still end up inbetween 9th and 7th then all this improvement on the field counts for nowt. I will hold my judgement until the end of the season. But all this improved play did not stop Cardiff Blues getting tonked home and away in the CC did it ?

We used to say the same thing about Wales, all this improvement on the pitch bollox, we were then called the village idiots of world rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:23 am

LordDowlais wrote:

This is what I keep getting shouted down for, there are members on this forum who will not acknowledge that it is the regions responsability for under achieving and always blame the WRU.

Now I am not saying the WRU are/have been perfect, infact the last man in charge nearly ruined domestic rugby in Wales, but the fact that the regions are a soft touch away from home and that we have 3 teams outside the top 6 in the league is not the fault of the WRU.

Hopefully though next year will be better, but I cannot see it.

The major problem for underperformance since 2009 was Lewis' PA. That is undeniable. It is simply not possible to blame PRW for that, not that it totally excuses the failure of some PRW members to make the most of it.

What's this 'soft touch away from home' nonsense? Cardiff should have won in Montpellier, the Os took two points from ASM. Why are you writing this kind of silliness?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:25 am

LordDowlais wrote:

OK then, if Cardiff Blues finish in the top 6 this year then I will take it back, if they still end up inbetween 9th and 7th then all this improvement on the field counts for nowt. I will hold my judgement until the end of the season. But all this improved play did not stop Cardiff Blues getting tonked home and away in the CC did it ?

We used to say the same thing about Wales, all this improvement on the pitch bollox, we were then called the village idiots of world rugby.

Again, why are you unable to differentiate between improvement and relative improvement?

When were Cardiff tonked? WTF? Do you even actually watch the team at all? They didn't get tonked at all.

Your posts seem illogical and based on fabrication. Complete fabrication.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:29 am

PhilBB wrote:What's this 'soft touch away from home' nonsense?

Because it is true.

If you bother to look at the away results in both competitions in Europe, all four regions gave away maximum points on the road bar two games.

It is almost the same in the league, bar the Italians, but they still give us a run for our money, most sides take maximum points off us when we play them at home, if you do not believe me, go and check for yourself.

So until you check for yourself, I suggest you do not make these remarks about typing silliness.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:30 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:What's this 'soft touch away from home' nonsense?

Because it is true.

If you bother to look at the away results in both competitions in Europe, all four regions gave away maximum points on the road bar two games.

It is almost the same in the league, bar the Italians, but they still give us a run for our money, most sides take maximum points off us when we play them at home, if you do not believe me, go and check for yourself.

So until you check for yourself, I suggest you do not make these remarks about typing silliness.

Ah, I see. You've applied a (false) arbitrary measure and used it for your own purpose. I see.

Gaining two points in ASM makes the Os a 'soft touch'.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:34 am

PhilBB wrote:When were Cardiff tonked? WTF? Do you even actually watch the team at all? They didn't get tonked at all.

Did you even watch the games against Harlequins ? Are you that blinded by your loyalty for Cardiff Blues that you fail too see what is happening in front of your'e eyes ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:36 am

PhilBB wrote:Ah, I see. You've applied a (false) arbitrary measure and used it for your own purpose. I see.

Nothing is false, the facts are there, go and have a look.

PhilBB wrote:Gaining two points in ASM makes the Os a 'soft touch'.

Leaking five point bonus wins make's them a soft touch. OK

Every away game Ospreys played in the CC they let the opposition score 4 or more tries, that suggests they are a soft touch.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:37 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:When were Cardiff tonked? WTF? Do you even actually watch the team at all? They didn't get tonked at all.

Did you even watch the games against Harlequins ? Are you that blinded by your loyalty for Cardiff Blues that you fail too see what is happening in front of your'e eyes ?

I paid £40 for my ticket for that game. How much did you pay for yours?

I saw a win opportunity removed in the last three minutes.

It's an interesting value set you apply to claim an 8 point margin, with three of them scored on the last kick of the game, to be a 'tonking' but it doesn't make you appear sensible.

8 points is not a tonking.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:38 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Nothing is false, the facts are there, go and have a look.

Just as you're unable to differentiate improvement from relative improvement, you also seem unable to differentiate a fact from your interpretation of it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:40 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Leaking five point bonus wins make's them a soft touch. OK

Every away game Ospreys played in the CC they let the opposition score 4 or more tries, that suggests they are a soft touch.

Yes, there's that value set again.

In every away game the Ospreys played, they were up against a team with a significantly higher player budget.

Yet, despite all of that, they performed brilliantly to remain level on points with them all.

If you cannot see that as an achievement, either you're clueless on the budgets or you have such a falsely high bar for achievement that your purpose is to talk down the performances, regardless of context.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:42 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I paid £40 for my ticket for that game. How much did you pay for yours?

I saw a win opportunity removed in the last three minutes.

It's an interesting value set you apply to claim an 8 point margin, with three of them scored on the last kick of the game, to be a 'tonking' but it doesn't make you appear sensible.

8 points is not a tonking.

Giving the opposition maximum points is a tonking. We were at home, we should have at least kept the try count down. Also just for you to know, we lost by 12 points in that game, not 8. I suggest you were not even there if you cannot remember the score. Just for you to know we lost 20-32. It was on a Thursday night.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:47 am

PhilBB wrote:In every away game the Ospreys played, they were up against a team with a significantly higher player budget.

Oh I love this comment.

Look, with the mindset our regions are in, if they had the entire All Blacks players for their squad, they would still be crap. It's the mindset that we find ourselves in.

Tell me, how can a team that has AWJ, Dan Biggar, Justin Tuperic, Paul James, Brendon Leonard manage to go away to Exeter and get played off the park ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:47 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Giving the opposition maximum points is a tonking. We were at home, we should have at least kept the try count down. Also just for you to know, we lost by 12 points in that game, not 8. I suggest you were not even there if you cannot remember the score. Just for you to know we lost 20-32. It was on a Thursday night.

You were on about being a soft touch away from home. Now you seem to be on about a home game. Again, could you keep your goalposts still, please? This constant moving of them makes you look a little bit unsure of your point.

As for the 12 point loss, that was caused by another last minute score from Harlequins. Despite Cardiff being awful in that game, they were still in the match in the 79th minute. If you think that constitutes a tonking then so be it, but it does rather fly in the face of logic.

The 8 point margin was for the away game. I mentioned that as your point was that PRW teams are a soft touch 'away' from home.

Could you at least try to be consistent? Illogical, I can deal with. Inconsistent, however, makes written interaction a little difficult.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

PhilBB wrote:The 8 point margin was for the away game. I mentioned that as your point was that PRW teams are a soft touch 'away' from home

Cardiff Blues did well to come back into that game, but it was over before half time.

Anyway, I am not arguing about Cardiff Blues with you anymore, you are clearly very loyal to them, you should be commended for that, fair play. I am on about ALL the regions, it's always excuse after excuse. 

I suppose I will hold judgment until next season, but I cannot see where we are going to improve.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:49 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:In every away game the Ospreys played, they were up against a team with a significantly higher player budget.

Oh I love this comment.

Look, with the mindset our regions are in, if they had the entire All Blacks players for their squad, they would still be crap. It's the mindset that we find ourselves in.

Tell me, how can a team that has AWJ, Dan Biggar, Justin Tuperic, Paul James, Brendon Leonard manage to go away to Exeter and get played off the park ?

How are you measuring this mindset?

I'd suggest that had you bad the balls above to mention your 'inept coaches' (remember running from that one?) you'd have put Tandy at the top of the list. He put his team up against a far better financed Exeter team who are far better coached.

But, please, do remind me of the result between the two in Swansea. Whenever you're ready....
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:50 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:The 8 point margin was for the away game. I mentioned that as your point was that PRW teams are a soft touch 'away' from home

Cardiff Blues did well to come back into that game, but it was over before half time.

That belief rather flies in the face of logic when you consider the score in the 78th minute.

It seems that you'd rather be illogical than admit a basic error. Seems an odd behaviour, but there we go. Every other reader can see for themselves.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:51 am

Like I said, lets wait until next season then. 

Do you agree, there should be NO excuses next season ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

PhilBB wrote:Every other reader can see for themselves.

No, you mean every supporter of their regions can see for themselves. Blind loyalty to the team you support, and not acknowledging any of the failures.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:Like I said, lets wait until next season then. 

Do you agree, there should be NO excuses next season ?

Excuses for what? I don't understand, so cannot share, your yardstick or expectation.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next