The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets?

+16
YvonneT
Born Slippy
It Must Be Love
bogbrush
lags72
Belovedluckyboy
TRuffin
summerblues
JuliusHMarx
temporary21
Silver
banbrotam
kingraf
Guest82
LuvSports!
hawkeye
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets? - Page 2 Empty s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets?

Post by hawkeye Wed 10 Jun 2015, 5:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just checked some of the scores in the two grass 250 tournaments played today and noticed that most of the sets have gone to tie breaks. In Stuttgart 4 of the 5 sets in singles so far have been tie breaks and in s-Hertogenbosh 3 of the 4 sets have been tie breaks.

Personally I'm always disappointed when sets are decided by a tie break.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets? - Page 2 Empty Re: s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets?

Post by Silver Sun 14 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm

Hey, a tournament win's a tournament win, right? As you say, doesn't matter if it's a 250 Smile grass 250s tend to be stronger anyway due to the lack of opportunity to play on the surface throughout the year.

Well done Mahut and Nadal Bubbly

Silver

Back to top Go down

s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets? - Page 2 Empty Re: s-Hertogenbosh and Stuttgart. What's with all the tie break sets?

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm

A few things from the Nadal match

- improved serve. It's basically night and day compared to what he's been wheeling out for the last few years. Nothing wrong with it, as he's had the groundstrokes to support it, but maybe that isn't the case no more, so good of him to get the big boom back out.

- Return wasn't great today, but he's generally averaged a break a set, so that's another positive.

- He now has more outdoor titles than anybody else in the open era. Nothing record, but you'd rather have a nothing record than not, I suppose.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 14 Jun 2015, 7:11 pm

Little steps....that is what it is about for Rafa just now. Good title win and perhaps he can build from here.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 14 Jun 2015, 10:47 pm

Hardly rates as a huge achievement we know, but a win, which is enough to put a little bounce back in his step and a big smile on his face. thumbsup

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 14 Jun 2015, 11:08 pm

Wow tough crowd on here! I'm surprised that Nadal's win in Stuttgart is being played down so much. Between 2012-14 Nadal entered 5 events on grass and went 5-5. He won 4 consecutive matches on grass for the first time in 4 years. His confidence should improve drastically - whether it's 'only a 250' doesn't come into it.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 14 Jun 2015, 11:53 pm

Not tough, realistic. Personally the points don't come into it from my perspective. He has a tough draw at Queens I therefore reserve judgement; there is stiffer opposition and that will give more of an insight as to where he is with his game. Cautious optimisim

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 15 Jun 2015, 12:09 am

Wonder if Mahut will finally get a call for the davies cup tie against GB on grass. Not that he can trouble Murray but given the double is likely to be decisive he might be an option as well.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 15 Jun 2015, 1:57 am

This week has to be encouraging for Nadal.  Small tournament yes, but win is a win.  Plus, some of the opponents he played were strong enough that they could have potentially beaten him if he had been playing very poorly.

Obviously, he needs to continue doing well in Queens and Wimbledon if he wants to get back to anywhere he used to be, but this is a start.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 15 Jun 2015, 6:51 am

I thought the Mercedes AMG GT S is what put the smile on his face? That's a real bad boy to win.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2