The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he?

2 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he? Empty The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he?

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:56 am

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/06/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-the-champ-is-here-but-who-is-he.html

The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he? 6923078

Welcome back to another edition of the v2 Wrestling podcast and welcome to all of our listeners on TNAsylum.com and the 606v2.com forum.

Please note that we are currently looking for contributors to write for v2Wrestling, so if you want to see your article read by a large audience, make sure to get in touch.

This week Adam is joined by Paul, Rich and Ethan to discuss the latest news from TNA, WWE and around the wrestling world.

To begin the show, we are joined by the promoter from the forthcoming Lucha Libre event being held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on July 11th. He talks about how he got into wrestling and what to expect from the show, as well as his close friendship with Blue Dragon Jr.

We then race through the news headlines covering TNAs live UK PPV airing, Dusty Rhodes passing and Tyson Kidds injury.

The show moves onto TNA, where Adam continues his work conspiracy and now believes the Bram TNA legend challenge is paving the way for AJ Styles to return. We also discuss who will the breakout singles star out of the Wolves before finally settling on our question of the week – who will be the man who will eventually dethrone EC3 if he wins the championship?

We then move on to WWE and review the MitB PPV which threw up a few shockers. Did you enjoy the show? Are you as down on Bray Wyatt as everyone else? And in a classic case of WWE copying TNA, our question of the week is, who will dethrone Seth Rollins?

To ask a question or answer any of the above, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter or facebook and please make sure to submit any questions you would like us to discuss!

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2015-06-15T23_47_24-07_00

Interview with DOC Gallows
Interview with Jeff Jarrett
Interview with James Storm
Interview with EC3
Interview with Spud
Interview with Jeff Jarrett
Interview with Nigel McGuinness
Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram
Interview with Doug Williams
Interview with Rob Terry
Interview with Chris Daniels
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he? Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he?

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:00 am

Thanks guys.

I've not seen this week's TNA yet. But is this one of the worst builds to a PPV on record? I know there was a time we were saying this about WWE before just about every PPV, but we are what (?) 2 TV shows away from the PPV. And even Adam doesn't know what half the line up will be.

Adam, btw I'm sure I saw that the contract signing is this week and the EC3 / Angle match will then be start of July. Do you see Destination America's fingerprints in this move of that match from Slammiversary?

Now, it may just be that Destination America has creative control vote that they played whereby they insisted this be on TV, because they are still spending their money on TNA until they can terminate. Or, can we read into this that DA wanting this fight on TV (and it seems TNA agreeing to do this) means that there is still a relationship that will progress at least until this contract runs its course in 2016.

Rollins isn't drawing as a Champion in WWE. I think the path they are taking for him now is better. After that, I think the decision is down to Vince. He may feel happy putting the belt on Lesnar as he doesn't think the belt draws, so it not being on TV doesn't matter. It is possible even that Lesnar is just a gun for hire and yes, he's the champ, but he hands over the belt to HHH who can parade it on TV every week. And personally I'd find that an interesting angle as it would result in a Rollins without a master, and a Heyman who may feel his client isn't answering to him. Not having Heyman on TV regularly is a complete waste IMO.

Question. War Games was (I think) largely attributed to Dusty. As WWE has brought back KotR and put the Elimination Chamber at a different time, do you think there is any chance that War Games gets the dust blown off it this year?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he? Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling podcast - the champ is here but who is he?

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

I think last years Bound for Glory was worse!

I think that the DA/ TNA relationship is fine. But I am a TNA apologist, so what do I know!

And no, I think that Dusty will be forgotten by next week.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

Fair enough Adam.

Do you think Austin Aries will re-sign?

And if you will allow me a follow-up question to frame this (especially if you say no). Do you think that TNA should be doing "exclusive" contracts? I don't know how much TNA not touring cuts into the pockets of their wrestlers, but you've got to imagine that the move to Destination America and the lack of live paid shows has been a factor in the last year. I've no idea if Aries would be interested in this, but if TNA allowed him to work for New Japan or PWG, for example do you think this might be a win-win.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down