Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

I'm excited. But I still want to know what TV deal is in place. That could be a big difference on whether they are running at least near the production levels of last year or if this is a much cheaper product.

I've seen Cage tweeting as well as Ivelisse & Son of Havoc. So pretty sure those guys will be back.

Alberto El Patron seemed to fall out with them, which is a shame if he's not back as he had great buzz in the crowd. But maybe he is a guy at a time in his career where he wants everything to be built around him.

Prince Puma, like most of the players is in a 7-year contract, but if the funding is not there they might both say goodbye to one another. It would be a loss, but not one they can't recover from.

There was also some talk about NXT being interested in Angelico, which I've not heard any more about, but I could definitely see the fit.

I thought Johnny Mundo was an MVP, so I hope he's back. And of course Fenix, Aero Star, Mil, King Cuerno, Pentagon Jr and Dario Cueto. And if they bring back a mix of people like the Mack, Jack Evans, etc. I'll be happy, more than happy.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:56 am

I still need to finish off Lucha Underground Season 1 but now we finally have some kind of clarity on there being a second season, I'm excited to see where this goes...

Promoetheus - From what I have read, the biggest production flaw seems to be the amount they have to pay to use the building to tape all of the television episodes in so I think if any visual change we may see could just be the location.

As for some of the names you have listed, in all honesty it would be disappointing if a couple of names didn't return but hey, AAA have some great talent that we haven't been exposed to yet. I have heard good things about the Los Psycho Circus for example and if they are wanting to gain more exposure, they only have to look at the likes of Pentagon Jr and Angelico to see what doors LU can open for them.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:50 am

I think definitely they could film somewhere cheaper than LA. The unit they had I think worked great for them, with the tiered seating, the area for the band and, of course, Dario's office. But the fact that it is in Boyle Heights really adds very little to the show, Dario could easily set up another temple elsewhere.

Roster-wise. One of the great things about LU has been the exposure some of these names have got, so I quite agree with you. And I think I would like to see some new names too.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:29 pm

On the Rey Mysterio tease at the end of Season 1:

CD: I didn’t know that there was a tease for Rey Mysterio at the end of Season One. I had no idea. A big giant question mark on a billboard, that’s about all. I don’t really know anything, no. Not at this point.

On whether Alberto El Patron will be back for Season 2:

CD: Yes, he will.

On if Lucha Underground will be staying on Wednesday nights and continuing the “Wednesday Night Wars”:

CD: I believe the plan is to stay on Wednesdays as far as I know. Things can always change. I am just learning the news that we are coming back. I am sure that they will have us in the right spot and we’ll be ready to rock-and-roll.

On Vampiro’s recent Facebook rant about the company:

CD: I did see what Vampiro put out there. I think that Vamp is a very passionate, insane man (laughs). I really think he was trying to make a good point. I think he knows that there is a passionate, loyal fan base and I think he didn’t want those fans to be disappointed. But, yes, he is an absolute maniac.

On whether WWE is pulling inspiration from Lucha Underground:

CD: I think they’ve already tried with their kind of “comic book storyline.” Giving it special comic book treatment every time it’s on. I don’t think they are very successful at it but I do think that that’s part of it.

On whether or not we will see his WWE character Big Dick Johnson in the Lucha Underground Temple:

CD: You will never see Big Dick Johnson in the Lucha Underground Temple unless you come backstage. The way I see it, Vince (McMahon) owns a lot of things and he can own Big Dick Johnson. He can keep him.

In the full interview Chris chats further with Nick about when he found out that Season 2 was a go, whether Alberto El Patron & Rey Mysterio will be involved, whether or not Lucha Underground will stay on Wednesday nights, if anyone will be leaving or joining the show, Vampiro’s recent Facebook rant about the company, Johnny Mundo as an actor, WWE pulling from companies like Lucha Underground/ROH/TNA, what limits they can push next, the difference between writing for the WWE vs Lucha Underground, Big Dick Johnson, more

It's a decent listen - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/623097-exclusive-lucha-underground-co-executive-producer-chris-dejoseph-talks-season-2-who-will-be-involved-wwe-pulliing-inspiration-vampiro-big-dick-johnson-more-audio-included

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm

NJPW Destruction in Kobe Results:
* Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu def. Jay White & David Finlay. Short but fun match. Tanaka picked up the win.

* Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger def. Captain New Japan, Manabu Nakanishi & Juice Robinson. Robinson is former NXT star CJ Parker. This was your basic multi-man NJ tag match.

* Roppongi Vice, Yoshi-Hashi & Tomohiro Ishii def. Mascara Dorada, Honma, Togi Makabe & Ryusuke Taguchi. A lot of traditional mutli-man stuff, but everyone had their moments. RPG picked up the win with their finisher combo.

* Matt Sydal, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan def. The Bullet Club (Anderson, Gallows & Omega). They are setting up big for the Omega vs. Sydal title match, which should be excellent.

* Tetsuya Naito def. Shibata. Naito is awesome as a heel, and did all kinds of things to draw the cheap heat. He got the win with the Destino after two low blows, then beat the hell out of Jay White. Shibata came back and the two brawled up the ramp and to the back.

* Sakuraba, Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano def. The Bullet Club (Tonga, AJ Styles & Hall). A good multi-man tag match with lots of comedy from Yano being terrified of Tama Tonga. Okada was over huge, and the right people were protected as Sakuraba submitted Hall to pick up the win for his team.

IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship Match

* reDragon (c) def. Time Splitters to retain. After the match the two teams shook hands, until RPG Vice came out and took out all four of them.

* Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Bad Luck Fale. Of course this was Tanahashi defending his title opportunity at Wrestle Kingdom, which he did successfully. He called out Naito and told him he wants a fight. Naito looked his usual heel level of apathy and walked off.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match

* Shinsuke Nakamura def. Hirooki Goto (c) to become the new IC champion. You have to assume they want Nakamura going into Wrestle Kingdom as the biggest, most over possible star they can have in that role, but the win was kind of surprising. "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson is out and wants to be a double champion, after beating both Goto and Nakamura in the G1 tournament, and it looks like that match is on!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 1:14 am

Finally got around to watching the end of Summer Sizzler, Osprey vs Sydal, my good god what a match! The athleticism was off the charts, the feeling I had watching it was reminiscent of seeing the Unbreakable 3 Way for the first time, have all the stars please!!

On top of that Nakamua/Strong and the main event weren't bad either, I actually enjoyed the Naka/Strong match more than their , admittedly edited for TV, ROH bout, throw in the excellent Damo v Ishii hoss fight and this is a real show of the year contender

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 9:05 am

It's still WK9 by a distance, but a great call for 2nd. Though I'm still catching up on RoH and PWG.

Both Strong and Sydal with AJ, Cena, Rollins, Lethal and Ibushii are in the running for worker of the year.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:29 am

I think Ospreay could be a sneaky outside contender, his performances domestically in Progress against Sabre Jr, Havoc and Haskins and in Rev Pro with Styles and Sydal, if his BOLA performance lives up to the hype, what a year he'll have had

Last edited by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:45 am

That is a very good call too. And I think an important note is the versatility of styles with those different opponents. At 23 (?) his level of contribution is still fantastic.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:59 am

Yeh it's depressing to think the guy's younger than me, much like what happened with Phil Jones' move to Man U did for my football aspirations, the break outs of Ospreay, Trevor Lee and Mike Bailey in particular have been a real gut punch to my dreams of becoming a pro wrestler, which in fairness I've not pursued in any way

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 12:01 pm

Laugh

Looks like Johnny Gargano is heading to WWE Permanently after his letter he posted online.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm

So far my October has consisted of an hew show and a waw show
Still to come I have icw (to see the hooligans destroy nak in a Norwich street fight and hopefully see some more of waws finest go up some of icws), another couple of waw, a falling Starr show and global force to round things off. A very busy month wrestling wise here in east anglia.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:13 pm

Sds and the London riots vs origin announced for progress ch 22

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:16 am

NJPWorld have announced that King of Pro Wrestling is going to have an English commentary feed

Apparently (I'm not sure if it's fact yet) the commentary team will be Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker

Being honest I'm not a huge fan of either guy and its a shame that Mauro Ranallo hasn't had a look in as he's head a shoulders above these guys and has proved with his work on AXS that he's very knowledgeable about the product

Still when alls said and done this is a great new feature for the western audience particularly those who are put off by the language barrier

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:18 am

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Sds and the London riots vs origin announced for progress ch 22

Ouch! Poor Origin

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:28 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:NJPWorld have announced that King of Pro Wrestling is going to have an English commentary feed

Apparently (I'm not sure if it's fact yet) the commentary team will be Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker

Being honest I'm not a huge fan of either guy and its a shame that Mauro Ranallo hasn't had a look in as he's head a shoulders above these guys and has proved with his work on AXS that he's very knowledgeable about the product

Still when alls said and done this is a great new feature for the western audience particularly those who are put off by the language barrier

I heard about this last week. To me it makes complete sense. New Japan is obviously putting so much time and effort into working with RoH, RevPro, GFW, etc, that its brand is becoming better and better known and while the NJPW World is the best value in wrestling, I believe the lack of English text and commentary will put many off.

I read some reason that Mauro hadn't got the gig, and can't for the life of me remember what it is now. But you are spot on about those AXS programs. I know they are easier to commentate because you know the outcome, etc. but he and Striker do a great job.

Of course after this was announced I saw a load of people saying "this is terrible I love the Japanese commentary even though I can't understand it". And that's fine, stick to that, this isn't for you.

Seriously if you love wrestling. And by that I mean the wrestling rather than the stories per se and you haven't tried NJPW World, do.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:18 pm

Attention please! My BOLA DVDs have arrived!

I repeat! My BOLA DVDs have arrived!!!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:06 am

raspberry

Not at all jealous. I think I'll make my order come payday. Did you buy via PWG or UK?
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:14 am

Prometheus wrote:raspberry

Not at all jealous.  I think I'll make my order come payday.  Did you buy via PWG or UK?

UK though tbh I've no idea when I'll get time to watch them

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:33 am

Well, if you don't need them for a while, just send them over to me Whistle
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:09 pm

Just started BOLA

Melissa Santos doing the ring intros...she's purdy, also Chucky T's in commentary with Excalibur from the outset which is great as he's really taken over Steen's mantle as the funny/sarcastic commentary guy

1st match up is Aero Star vs Brian 'The man they call' Cage-Taylor, very fun match with some spectacular offence by both men, that said it's pretty sloppy in places with one really noticeable botch by Aero Star, the finish
Spoiler:
a Stenier Screwdriver by Cage
is awesome and looks legit dangerous which is probably why no one uses that move anymore, ***1/2 (1/2* for the finish)

Biff Busick vs Andrew Everett next, I don't see how this can't be fun

And fun it was, Everett did what he does well with the flippy Poopie and Biff pulled great faces and beat the hell out of him, the pace of the match was a bit spotty when Everett was in control but improved when Biff was on offence, the turning point for the finish came out of nowhere,I had to rewind and watch it again ***1/2

Will Ospreay vs Mark Andrews, if you've ever seen either of these guys before you know what you are getting from this match, and they both delivered in spades, cutting edge highflying and both men made a fantastic first impression, TNA really missed the boat on Andrews, he's just as good if not better than anyone else in the X Division currently ****

On a side note when introducing Ospreay, Santos revealed that she cannot pronounce Essex, it sounded like SS Eenglend

Hopefully a less flip heavy, more ground based match to cleanse the pallet after that, ah! Ricochet and Rich Swann vs Jack Evans and Angelico this'll do

Well that was fun, fun, fun, fun, lots of dancing and flips as you would expect, a surprising amount of strikes and submissions as well, weirdly the crowd wasn't super hot only popping for individual spots, they weren't even that keen to sing all night long! I'm wondering if it was just pre intermission and they needed to recharge their batteries, still a very fun if largely disposable tag match ***

I'll start again with Trent vs Trevor Lee tomorrow/tonight but it has been consistently quality fun so far

Last edited by Dr Gregory House MD on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:17 pm

Prometheus wrote:Well, if you don't need them for a while, just send them over to me Whistle

I can't say I'm in love with that idea tbh

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 9:26 pm

I'm on the countdown to Monday. Sydal vs Omega and AJ vs Okada. Yes please. With reDRagon vs Rippongi Vice thrown in too.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

BOLA Night 1 review part 2

Trevor Lee vs Trent?

This was the pallet cleanser this card was needing about 2 matches ago, still we got it here and it was pretty good, a little comedy early on before the big moves come out at the end, arguably the weakest match so far but it's been a fantastic show so that's not saying much ***

Pentagon Jr vs Drago

Cero Miedo in Reseda! Weird to see Pentagon working as a badass face complete with beer pitcher chugging but awesome all the same, match sets a furious pace with Drago bringing the big ariel moves to combat Pentagon's aura, also Chris Hero is now at the commentary booth with Excalibur, which might be my favourite team in all of wrestling Excalibur is an excellent play by play to go along with his charming disposition, while Chris is clearly a wrestling nerd who thinks about what's going on in the ring and explains the nuances of what's going on in a way that Jerry Lawler or JBL couldn't dream of doing, another excellent match ****

Matt Sydal vs Fenix

And we're back to the flips, not much to say about this match other than it's moves aplenty but my god what moves they are!! This is a must see match if you're a fan of Lucha Underground, PWG or just highflying in general, an absolute spectacle and another feather in the cap of Sydal who's having an outstanding year ****1/4

Mount Rushmore 2.0 vs Eurotrash

Time for the main event, the 3 champions in Strong and the Young Bucks vs Sabre Jr, End and Scurll as the fantastically named Eurotrash, this was the quintessential PWG tag team mayhem, everything about this match was excellent from Strong's pre match heel shenanigans to the comedy spots, the grappling which had a real snap and ferocity to it, the striking where End is just in a league of his own, the highflying, the double and triple team moves, it was all there and all excellent, at the heart of the match was the Sabre Jr vs Roddy feud and the match really sparked when they were in there against each other, if I was to be critical from a purists standpoint there's not a huge amount of substance behind the non stop action, but I'm not one of those people, particularly when it comes to PWG 6 mans and this delivered everything you could want from one of those in spades, a match that will rank highly in my MOTY thoughts ****3/4

From top to bottom night 1 was a tremendous show, if I can be critical from any angle the card was very high flyer heavy with very little to cleanse the pallet, I think this could be a challenging show to get through in one sitting, but nothing could be described as bad with the lesser stuff on the card easily in the 3* range, the final 2 matches though were celebrations of the balls to the wall spectacle I love in PWG, particularly the main event that was out of this world, if nights 2 and 3 come close to this level of quality it's going to be phenomenal, a must watch show if you're a fan of PWG

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 9:09 am

And that's just night 1?!

a must watch show if you're a fan of PWG

And how can you not be? Its not just the flippy flippy and the out there spots, they have some of the best comedy too. Kevin Steen package pile driving a cap in BOLA a couple of years ago and Team Tremendous bagging Joey Ryan's lollipop at Threemendous IV were just great off the cuff spots.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 1:08 am

Moving on to BOLA Night 2

Off the bat Melissa Santos isn't back for night 2 Sad, but Sexy Chucky T is back with Excalibur on commentary Smile

Marty Scurll vs Rich Swann

After his awesome debut Scurll (in a hell of a plummet down the card which is jokes about on commentary) makes his first singles appearance, this is a good match but it's been a few hours since I watched it and nothing super special stands out ***

Angelico vs Jack Evans

Los Güeros del Cielo explode! This match is not what you'd expect in the opening, lots of grappling and comedy spots, the highlight of which is Angelico stealing Dave Meltzer's notepad and writing in it, following Evans' very funny (and impressive) drunken master routine, the match becomes more of your typical highflying contest, certainly not a match I'll forget in a hurry ***3/4

Chris Hero vs Timothy Thatcher

I was ready to have the arse bored off me in this match, Timothy Thatcher and the grapple heavy style can be really hit and (more often) miss for me but this was an all out war! The attrition of this match really drew me in with Thatcher displaying more fire (not to mention strikes) than I've even seen from him before, throw in a couple of great false finishes and you have a top quality match ****

Aero Star & Fenix vs Drago & Pentagon Jr

And now for something completely different! One advantage I'm already seeing over night 1 is the line up of the matches have been more varied stylistically, I highly doubt these 4 are going to have the grapple strike war of Thatcher/Hero or whatever the Frak Evans/Angelico was!

What did follow was pure unadulterated Prometheus wet dream madness!! I have absolutely no idea how to grade this match because as a wrestling match it was terrible their was no structure, who the legal man was made no sense and kayfabe was shattered during a couple of spots BUT this was a spectacle unlike anything I may have ever seen in a wrestling ring, these 4 guys did stuff I had ever seen before, and unlike the pre intermission tag from night 1 the crowd was on fire for it, I started this match laying back on my bed and finished it on all fours buzzing with excitement

A * match and a ****** spectacle

I'm so buzzing from that last match I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep but here comes Drew Gulak to save the day! That said Thatcher surprised me earlier so I should probably give him a chance

Tommy End vs Drew Gulak

Not much juice in this match, first 3/4 was the kind of dull match that can be served up by the grapple guys like Gulak and they tend to bring out the worst tendencies in End who goes with them unlike Hero who works a different style to counter balance, match picked up a little towards the end but when your highspots are a suplex and a missed top rope footstomp you're going to struggle to grab me **

Mike Bailey vs Drew Galloway next but I'm going to sleep now, Speedball has been on a real hot streak as of late so I want to be fresh to enjoy the rest of the show

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:25 am

You are killing me man, killing me.

And now for something completely different! One advantage I'm already seeing over night 1 is the line up of the matches have been more varied stylistically, I highly doubt these 4 are going to have the grapple strike war of Thatcher/Hero or whatever the Frak Evans/Angelico was!

What did follow was pure unadulterated Prometheus wet dream madness!! I have absolutely no idea how to grade this match because as a wrestling match it was terrible their was no structure, who the legal man was made no sense and kayfabe was shattered during a couple of spots BUT this was a spectacle unlike anything I may have ever seen in a wrestling ring, these 4 guys did stuff I had ever seen before, and unlike the pre intermission tag from night 1 the crowd was on fire for it, I started this match laying back on my bed and finished it on all fours buzzing with excitement

I'd heard so much about this match on Twitter, glad the filmed version is living up to the live experience.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

Prometheus wrote:You are killing me man, killing me.

I'd heard so much about this match on Twitter, glad the filmed version is living up to the live experience.  

if would like to see let me know angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 12:02 pm

Fernando wrote:
Prometheus wrote:You are killing me man, killing me.

if would like to see let me know angel

This sounds so dirty

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 12:04 pm

Laugh

It's always in the last place you look...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 7:57 pm

ICW have completely sold out their 5000 capacity in the SECC in Glasgow for Fear and Loathing 8. This makes it the highest grossing UK Wrestling card since Big Daddy fought Giant Haystacks at Wembley in 1981.

Excellent news. Cant wait.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:13 pm

This sounds like a partnership in the making angel
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve-wrestling-hottest-prospects-wwe-nxt-28054230

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:19 pm

Well ZSJ is in there. That's good enough for me. He'll be feuding with Stardust in 3 years time Very Happy
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:51 pm

Samo wrote:ICW have completely sold out their 5000 capacity in the SECC in Glasgow for Fear and Loathing 8.  This makes it the highest grossing UK Wrestling card since Big Daddy fought Giant Haystacks at Wembley in 1981.

Excellent news.  Cant wait.

Are you going Samo?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:28 pm

I'm at icw at uea on Saturday

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:58 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:ICW have completely sold out their 5000 capacity in the SECC in Glasgow for Fear and Loathing 8.  This makes it the highest grossing UK Wrestling card since Big Daddy fought Giant Haystacks at Wembley in 1981.

Are you going Samo?

Yeah I'll be there, you?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:01 am

Prometheus wrote:Well ZSJ is in there.  That's good enough for me.  He'll be feuding with Stardust in 3 years time Very Happy

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/654733832344571904

The fact they're tagging him on twitter makes me think they like him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:02 pm

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

Are you going Samo?

Yeah I'll be there, you?

Yeh I am

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:08 pm

Fernando wrote:This sounds like a partnership in the making angel
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve-wrestling-hottest-prospects-wwe-nxt-28054230

Of the guys on that list ZSJr and Garagano are the only 2 I hold out much hope for, Thatcher and Williams would have to prove they can work something stylistically a bit different as the grapple style will die on it's arse in the mainstream, Nese as a wrestler is very good but even by Indy standards he has the charisma of a teaspoon

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:13 pm

Had a great night at icw

The tour bus broke down so that left drew galloway and the UK hooligans being the only ones there for the advertised bell time.
So drew galloway came out for a re bonding session with the Norwich crowd where he explained what was going on. He then asked for ideas of how to fill the rest of the 30 minutes, he Had until the replacement mini buses with the rest of the roster arrived, ideas ranged from charades to getting drunk. But it was the idea of a fan fighting him that got his attention. So he challenged a fan in the front row to a match for the icw world title. After a short training session, the ref (a member of the ring crew) called for the bell. After hammering the fan for sceral moments, coach trip made an appearanc, slagging off the Norwich crowde and challenged drew to a Match also drew obliged to the delight of the Norwich crowd and then hammered trip before hitting the futireshock ddt onto a chair for a 20 count.
Drew then looked to crush coach trips neck in a chair but the UK hooligans made the save.
The hooligans then had a chat with there home town fans until Billy Kirkwood arrived.
Kirkwood appologised about the late start but said the show was Stoll on and would still be as good as advertised minus an interval

Match 1- Mikey whiplash bt Lewis Girvan
Match 2- damo bt Wolfgang
Match 3- Jack Jester bt Lionheart with a finger poke of doom
Match 4- Davey boy, the UK hooligans and nikki storm bt The NAK (renfrew, bt Gunn,Stevie boy and Kay Lee ray) in a Norwich street fight
Match 5- ICW tag team title match- Polo promotions (jackie polo and Mark Coffey) bt The 55 (kid fite and sha Samuels)
Match 6- Grado bt Joe coffey

Prior to the main event kenny williams and drew galloway (to cheers) made the entrances. Galloway taunted williams saying he would have possibly been cheered too if he had bonded with the Norwich fans just like drew had. Drew then explained to the icw on demand that he had already defended the ice world title twice while he was waiting so there fore the main event will be a non title match but of williams can beat him he will recoeve a future title match

Match 7- Drew galloway by kenny williams

Post match galloway and jester beat down williams hitting a futireshock ddt followed by a tombstone piledriver

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm

I heard about the van issues, Im glad to see the crowd didnt Poopie all over it and gave them a chance. The fans getting involved and having a laugh is what ICW is all about.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:37 am

Right back to the BOLA review, night 2 pt2

Mike Bailey vs Drew Galloway

Terrific big vs little man match, Bailey made Galloway look like an absolute beast! Great back and forth and some amazing near falls, Bailey is absolutely on fire at the moment, scary to think the guy is still in his teens ****1/2

Ricochet vs Zack Sabre Jr

This is a weird match, it's very good I'll just say that off the bat, but I feel Ricochet spends too much of the match trying to work a ZSJr match, I feel there is a match where he works more like Ricochet and the results could be incredible, still though when you put 2 guys of this quality together they can't fail to put on a good match I just feel somewhere there's an awesome match to be had between the two ****

Mount Rushmore 2.0 vs Biff Busick, Andrew Everett & Trevor Lee

This match is a war! Super Dragon subs in for Roddy tonight for 2.0, the pacing of this match often felt a bit off to me as the guys looked to string together their big spots, but what spots they were! This was non stop violence! It lacks the fluidity that would make it a truly great match but it's hard to argue that it isn't a very shocking and memorable ****1/2

Post match angle goes on for a long time but is very enjoyable all the same, gets 2.0 over as mega heels and I think it's angles like this that 1.0 lacked who came across as dicks but no truly evil and intimidating like this incarnation does

Overall I think it's pretty clear that this tournament is something very special, If night 3 delivers in a similar manner this may be the greatest single elimination tournament ever, Night 2 addressed a lot of the concerns I had from Night 1 about stylistically repetitive matches, their was something on this card for everyone, and while I'd still give Night 1s main event 6 man the edge as MOTT so far, there's been plenty that have run it damn close

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:51 am

Samo wrote:I heard about the van issues, Im glad to see the crowd didnt Poopie all over it and gave them a chance.  The fans getting involved and having a laugh is what ICW is all about.

It was a great show and we were kept entertained while waiting too so that helped.
The big icw guy kept popping out and telling jokes and stuff to us at front of queue, we have called him bfg now. I think he was head of security or something but he was huge
Galloway was awesome throughout too and certainly seems to have kept a level head since leaving for America

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:50 pm

Rev pro have just announced an styles vs Zack sabre jr for the main event of there next York hall show

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:15 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Rev pro have just announced an styles vs Zack sabre jr for the main event of there next York hall show

I think I just had an orgasm

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:06 am

Started watching BOLA Night 3 last night, this is a mammoth show of 12 matches over 2 discs! So I've covered all the 2nd round matches, which I'll spoiler as it obviously gives away who won in the 1st round

2nd Round Matches:
Jack Evans vs Brian Cage

I've seen some down reviews on this match, mainly due to it's length, and admittedly it's very short but what they do they do very well, Evans cuts a great promo on the crowd pre match, he's clearly found the lucha charisma school that Nakamura attended while he was their, and the proceeded to bump like a man possessed for Cage's offence, it made Dolph Ziggler look lazy ***1/2

Biff Busick vs Chris Hero

Sick match, these 2 guys just beat the urine out of each other from literally the second this match started, the finish as well is something to behold, fantastic brawl ****

Trevor Lee vs Marty Scurll

Another great showing by Party Marty, he worked a fantastic heel character in this match, proving to be a step cleverer than Lee who showed a lot of heart and determination, not to mention raw strength, Lee did as great a job selling his arm as Marty did punishing it, throw in some great near falls and you have a really great old school wrestling match ****1/2

Pentagon Jr vs Zack Sabre Jr

Mummy Daddy, Mummy Daddy, Mummy Daddy! It's as if PWG went into my wrestling wet dreams and booked this match just for me! By the looks of things everyone in Reseda felt the same way as the atmosphere for this match was insane, a real big fight feel

In ring the match had more of an exhibition feel to it than a real blood feud as the guys traded exotic submissions back and forward, a few I have literally never seen before, much like ZSJr v Ricochet, I feel under the right circumstances there could be a better match somewhere but what this match did deliver in this context, in front of a crowd losing their minds, was absolutely compelling ****1/2

Mike Bailey vs Tommy End

If you are in any way familiar with these 2 guys you know exactly what this match was and it delivered in spades, 2 guys with lethal feet kicking the Poopie out of each other, and it was absolutely brilliant!!! Bailey is so good it's untrue and I think may be the spiritual successor to El Generico in PWG, his near fall spots are Kurt Angle-esque and he's closely fighting it out with Spud as my favourite underdog face in wrestling ****3/4

At this point I had to get up and doing something, watching this much brilliant wrestling back to back to back was literally to much for me and I couldn't face the final match until I'd had a break!

Will Ospreay vs Matt Sydal

Another great match, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen these guys face off this year and their Rev Pro 2/3 is undeniably better IMHO but this is still a great highflying match to cap off a very varied series of 2nd round matches, Ospreay does a brilliant job of credibly selling his leg while still managing to execute his usual highflying moveset ****

To sum up the 2nd round this is a simply breathtaking series of marches, 6 matches this different stylistically but equally brilliant back to back is something pretty special, Speedball vs End is right up their as MOTT contender, this tournament is already special and if it can maintain this level of quality in the final half of this show I won't have words

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 8:23 pm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 8:58 pm

Fernando wrote:

Someone was giving out on Facebook that Grado's been appearing in too many Scottish TV shows, Grado himself replied with 'I bet your my sky plus-es all of them' tickled me

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:50 pm

Just picked up n1 of bola 07 for the bargain price of 6 quid at a show I was at tonight

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 11:32 pm

This might be of interest to some 
http://extreme.com/tv/show/223831/fighting-spirit-wrestling

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down