The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

+21
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
XR
adamk
Electric Demon
marty2086
TheCelticGarbutt
JCmag82
temporary21
NickisBHAFC
President Trump
The_Enigma
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Samo
Ian2307
Prometheus
25 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 7 Empty Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 7 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Fernando Mon 04 Jan 2016, 12:37 pm

New Japan - Wrestle Kingdom 10 Results:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 7 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 04 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

Fernando wrote:Sucks to be you House Laugh

It does and I can't watched Wrestle Kingdom either drumroll

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 05 Jan 2016, 6:00 am

AJ Styles, Nakamura, Gallows and Anderson have all handed their notices in to New Japan with rumours they've all signed with WWE.

Nakamura will stay to drop the title.
Gallows & Anderson have 2 RoH dates to finish.
AJ Styles is free.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm

James Storm is heading back to TNA after failing in NXT. ReDragon are expected to follow along with Michael Bennett & Maria

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm

AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura :

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 05 Jan 2016, 1:57 pm

Those 'Miracle' promo's that have aired on TNA are supposed to be the début of Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis, don't they have a live show airing at some point this month?

reDRagon have resumed talks with ROH so that could go either way really.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Those 'Miracle' promo's that have aired on TNA are supposed to be the début of Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis, don't they have a live show airing at some point this month?

reDRagon have resumed talks with ROH so that could go either way really.

Tomorrow night is their live debut on POPtv.

Hopefully, the product will become watchable again.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm

In regards to Aj and Gallows etc joining WWE, does anyone actually own (The) Bullet Club as a TM, or would WWE even consider using without being able to get their grubby paws on it?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Jan 2016, 8:54 pm

Id have thought so since WWE trademarked Balor Club instead.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Jan 2016, 10:03 pm

Presume Balor will get a move up to the main roster sharpish with the rest then joining him on his debut?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Jan 2016, 10:47 pm

I wouldn't count on it i suspect AJ & Finn would be kept apart.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Jan 2016, 12:20 am

From WWE.COM

The sports-entertainment world has been buzzing this week with speculation that WWE has signed four massive international Superstars.

Numerous media outlets reported Monday that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Luke “Doc” Gallows — most recently of New Japan Pro Wrestling — are in negotiations to compete under the WWE banner.

The office of WWE COO and EVP of Talent Relations, Triple H, declined to comment on the rumors for WWE.com.

Reports began circulating late Sunday that all four had reportedly given their notices to New Japan management. Fueling the rumors that Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows were WWE-bound was a series of tweets involving reigning NXT Champion Finn Bálor.

Until recently, Styles, Gallows and Anderson were all part of New Japan’s Bullet Club faction, a stable formerly led by Bálor when he wrestled in Japan under the alias Prince Devitt. For months, Bálor has made it clear that he’s still tight with the Bullet Club members, even tweeting photos of them wearing his “Bálor Club” T-Shirts. On Monday, Bálor stirred the pot again, tweeting an image of Anderson sporting trunks that bore Finn’s “demon” design. Additionally, the official Twitter account for the Bullet Club tweeted the NXT Champion Monday, telling him to keep more Bálor Club shirts on hand in case they need them. That tweet has since been deleted.

When @Machinegunka wears Demon Bálor trunks on @njpw1972 #WK10 my heart melts #2sweet
Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 7 CX6RkDXUMAEn2H3

The addition of Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows would represent one of the most significant bulk talent acquisitions in WWE history.

Nicknamed “The Phenomenal One,” Styles twice held New Japan’s IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the organization’s top title. He competed on the national scene in the United States for well over a decade, dating back to the latter days of WCW, and is universally hailed for his multi-tooled attack in the ring.

Though not a member of the Bullet Club, Nakamura remains one of the most popular wrestlers outside of WWE. Displaying a flamboyant charisma comparable to Freddie Mercury, but possessing the brutal strikes of an elite fighter, Nakamura roomed with Daniel Bryan years ago in California when both were early into their sports-entertainment careers. During media tours for last year’s WrestleMania, Bryan even revealed he once proposed an inter-promotional match against Nakamura to WWE management.

Gallows and Anderson, meanwhile, co-held New Japan’s tag team titles on three occasions. Additionally, Gallows competed in WWE from 2007 to 2010, while Anderson is a former tag team partner of WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom.

Stick with WWE.com for more updates on this developing story as they become available.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jan 2016, 12:26 am

So that's as good as a confirmation surely?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:12 am

This screams of a response to a crisis. Exciting times!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:25 am

Is the Network available in Japan tomorrow? Thats one hell of a talent raid to promote the network.

They would have Styles, Gallows, Nakamura and Anderson all just before, combined with having Itami, Asuka, Balor who are obviously huge in Japan. Could combine that somewhat with Neville, then Jericho and Lesnar both huge there too. Makes a lot of sense why Jericho popped back this week and why Lesnar comes back next.

Its brilliant business. And also shows that Styles knew his worth, went his own way and WWE have had to go from offering him a pittance on leaving TNA to throwing money at him now hes made it big again.

Somewhat wet at the thought of Bryan returning and going up against some of these boys.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:30 am

News is that Nakamura and Styles will be big big money so wont go to NXT.

Unless the Balor Club becomes a real thing (which makes so much more sense now with this news) then I do not care a jot about Gallows.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:44 am

To be fair to Gallows, he has always been a very decent big man. He's the natural long-term replacement for the Kane position.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 06 Jan 2016, 8:28 am

WWE put out a tweet about AJ's first debut way back when. The timing is too perfect to be a coincidence.

I can see the Balor Club thing being extended either way, either with Shinsuke and AJ on the main roster and move Finn up or on
NXT with Anderson and Gallows.

Theres a shift in the dynamic coming and its creating a real buzz. I dont think theres been this much excitement in years. The closest thing I can think of was the group signing of KENTA, Devitt and Steen.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 06 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

Finally finished Wrestle Kingdom, oh good god what an amazing show, made it worth staying off here to avoid spoilers even though I could see the AJ, Nak et al speculation floating about other places

I gave the final 3 matches 14.75 out of a possible 15 stars

And to top it all of Gallows is leaving New Japan!!!!  Yahoo Yahoo So long you lazy cockswinging fud, go give a clear 40% somewhere else

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 06 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

And this might be sacralige to say on these boards but Yoshi Tatsu's commentary was so bad! Art Barr was embarrassed for him!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

I thought Yoshi grew into it tbh considering think was 1st time?

Matt Striker irritates tho

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 06 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Kelly or Striker but Yoshi was amazingly fun bad, that he was still ripping on Tana's strategy at the climax of the main event and no selling the AJ/Nak post match moment calling it cowpat I believe, the constant one word answers, I loved it but I don't think it can be in anyway called a success

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 06 Jan 2016, 4:51 pm

Generally though the whole show was great, I was ready to call the main event a notch below last years but the little moment right before the end, which I won't spoil just in case, was such a powerful piece of imagery it totally won me over

The moment :

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm

Source: PWInsider

In an update on AJ Styles, IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows possibly signing with WWE, PWInsider reports that the two sides have not officially spoken and due to some of their contract status, there is major concern within WWE about what might be considered contract tampering.

However, Nakamura reportedly reached out to WWE about a possible deal a year ago. WWE didn't respond until last year's WrestleKingdom show and Nakamura had already signed a one-year deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

As of today, none of the four have signed deals yet and the only two that are legally able to do so right now are Styles and Gallows, but they still have to take and pass WWE's medical & physical exams.

It's believed there has been communication between at least Gallows, Styles and WWE. With the exception of a few tweets and the WWE website story on the rumors, all sides involved are keeping things quiet. It was reportedly Triple H's call to do the website article with the idea that WWE shouldn't let other websites get traffic and attention from a story they can also benefit from.

PWInsider also confirmed the reports that WWE is also in talks with NJPW star Rocky Romero but they couldn't confirm whether or not he's being looked at as a performer or a coach.

From: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0107/606438/when-did-shinsuke-nakamura-first-contact-wwe/

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 08 Jan 2016, 9:19 am

I read lastnight that WWE have bought the Bullet Club naming rights as well

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:14 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:I read lastnight that WWE have bought the Bullet Club naming rights as well

Don't think that's true, NJPW own the rights, no reason for them to sell to the company that has just poached their top talent. 

More likely WWE will use Balor Club, which they do own and have Gallows and Anderson reunited with Finn Balor.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 08 Jan 2016, 12:50 pm

I see a lot of people getting excited by Bullet Club as a concept, do these people not watch New Japan?!?! They've been a terrible nWo tribute/rip off act for nearly 2 years now, they have some outstanding workers amongst there ranks but that's the only thing that differentiates them from an Aces & Eights or an immortal

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Jan 2016, 1:16 pm

They sell tshirts.

That's pretty much all you need to know as to why WWE have go them.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 08 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

They are some snazzy tees right enough

Tbh I'm not super sold but I may change my mind if at Wrestlemania we see Jeff Jarrett, Scott D'Amore and King Haku strolling to the ring

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Jan 2016, 5:45 pm

They've created a buzz, and that sells. Plus Styles showing some personality is news to people who saw his soul fade away in TNA. It's also impetus for Balor, which I think he sorely needs.

Nakamura and Styles are the names, the concept for Balor is a bonus. And if they use it right it will fit really well into the stable game they have currently, and probably a Shield return

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 08 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

To see what AJ has become since leaving TNA is - pardon the pun - phenomenal. He went from a guy looking drained and going through the motions to the 2014 and possibly 2015 wrestler of the year. Nakamura is obviously a huge deal aswell and with WWE looking to bolster their presence in Japan its likely he'll be fast-tracked straight onto the main roster.

Its a huge buzz and something that US wrestling desperately needed, but theres a part of me that cant shake off WWE's track record of misusing talent, especially Japanese talents - Tajiri and Michinoku to name two.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

Management is all that matters now. These are talented guys and can really go, but Styles isn't going to use character to force his way over like a CM Punk and Nakamura will soon look like any other talent if he's just putting on good midcard matches.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:07 pm

"The stars of NXT will not be getting trained by Rocky Romero anytime soon … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned rumors of a WWE job on the horizon helped him land a two-year contract with NJPW.

Sources close to the situation tell us Rocky had been working on a “handshake deal” with New Japan — but once the wrestling company caught wind of WWE’s interest, they began trying to lock him down.

We’re told the recent reported talent exodus from New Japan and WWE wanting him as a trainer influenced the company to offer a two-year deal — instead of their normal one-year contracts — plus, the wrestler can still work for Ring of Honor and take indie bookings.

Our sources tell us Romero was seriously considering a move to WWE, but in the end decided he’s got more to do in wrestling before becoming a full-time trainer."

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 10 Jan 2016, 8:42 am

Rumours abound that WWE have licensed the rights to 'Subconcious' which is Shinsuke Nakamuras theme music in NJPW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:01 am

Samo wrote:Rumours abound that WWE have licensed the rights to 'Subconcious' which is Shinsuke Nakamuras theme music in NJPW.

That'd be quality, brilliant theme that

From what I hear Nak's expected to wrap up at the end of the month, which means if he's gonna drop the belt to Omega he'll have to do it on one of the Korakuen house show on the 30th as their next set of big shows isn't until early/mid February

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:51 pm

Nakamura has been stripped of the IWGP Intercontinental beltbut will still wrestle on the 30th Jan in a 6 man tag match, a new Intercontinental champ will be crowned in the main event when Omega fights a yet announced opponent

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 2:32 pm

ICW Square Go tonight, anyone going?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:43 pm

Progress Chapter 25 was superb, awesome main event for the title between Will Ospreay (c) and Marty Scurll in a No DQ match

Spoiler:

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:23 pm

I'm literally overwhelmed with wrestling atm, 2.5 Fantasticamania shows, the Square Go, RPW and now Progress (which I'd forgotten about!) I hope PWG hold off on their next 3 shows because I just can't cope atm!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:26 pm

On and Evolve ran a triple shot over rumble weekend, Jesus!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

Mr Anderson is going to debut at ICW on March 6th.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:08 pm

This Saturday I will be hitting up waw's tv piolet triple header
Which features 
Scott hall
Joe legend
Victoria 
And 
Mr anderson
As well as Joe Coffey and Jack jester alongside the rest of the usuail waw roster

Also went to square go last weekend which was excellent

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 31 Jan 2016, 7:39 pm

Will Ospreay has joined NJPW, Got pinched under the nose of TNA.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 31 Jan 2016, 8:25 pm

Fernando wrote:Will Ospreay has joined NJPW, Got pinched under the nose of TNA.

I hear he's also doing Evolve over mania weekend so he'll have plenty of eyes on him

Despite reservations about how NJPW can use their Juniors im looking forward to seeing him, I just hope he hasn't locked himself in too much from a purely creative standpoint I'd hate to see him go down a Mascara Dorada/Taichi type hole where he does 30 seconds of flips in opening six man's, though the Evolve dates suggest he's got some outside booking freedom

BotSJs could be incredible this year

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 01 Feb 2016, 12:29 am

Anyone want to take bets on if PWG will release the All Star Weekend shows from December before they run their February show and go 4 shows behind!! mad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:49 am

Dave Finlay Jr mentioned on twitter he will be leaving Japan in May though it's unclear whether this is just a holiday or something more

Personally I hope he hangs about New Japan him and Jay White are little gems on the undercard

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:38 pm

He may be doing another uk tour,  i know senior wants him to learn as many styles as possible

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:58 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:He may be doing another uk tour,  i know senior wants him to learn as many styles as possible

Could be but it would seem a bit wierd for him to do that it the middle of his young lion training, I reckon he and White will get excursion next year once they've seasoned the new crop behind them a little more and then he could go to Rev Pro, CMLL or ROH to train, YLs taking outside bookings without office consent isnt really the done thing as far as I know

That said he may just be going for a holiday to visit his parents or something, he's not native so it would be much harder for him to do so

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 09 Feb 2016, 1:00 am

Finally got around to watching the Ospreay v Scurll match from High Stakes, absolutely awe inspiring, either the 2nd or 3rd best MOTY so far, and that's despite Andy Simmons attempts to ruin it with a tour de force of bad commentary that'd make JBL embarrassed

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:59 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Finally got around to watching the Ospreay v Scurll match from High Stakes, absolutely awe inspiring, either the 2nd or 3rd best MOTY so far, and that's despite Andy Simmons attempts to ruin it with a tour de force of bad commentary that'd make JBL embarrassed

As I watched it live I can say the commentary wasn't an issue, although the German guy next to me joining in the chants was a little distracting Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next