Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down


Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo on Sun 06 Jan 2019, 6:05 am

Omega just gets better and better. It’ll be interesting to see if he now goes to WWE or sticks around to work with Cody and the Bucks at AEW.

Samo

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon 07 Jan 2019, 7:31 am

I fancy him to stick around in New Japan and try to work with AEW as well, I wasn’t that hot on Omega’s title run, particularly post G1 but he really redeemed himself with that match, probably my favourite Dome main event

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Fernando on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 10:48 pm

AEW Roster (so far)

SCU (Daniels,Kazarian,Scorpio Sky)
Cody
Teh Young Bucks
OWE promotion Agreement
Britt Baker
Possible Japanese Women's talent coming in
The MJF
Joey Janela & Penelope
Hangman Adam Page
PAC
2nd show in Jacksonville,FL
Chris Jericho

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36158
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:16 pm

Fernando wrote:AEW Roster (so far)

SCU (Daniels,Kazarian,Scorpio Sky)
Cody
Teh Young Bucks
OWE promotion Agreement
Britt Baker
Possible Japanese Women's talent coming in
The MJF
Joey Janela & Penelope
Hangman Adam Page
PAC
2nd show in Jacksonville,FL
Chris Jericho

They also announced Doube or Nothing at MGM Garden which I assume is them going for 20k (I haven’t checked the building figures)

Hyped for the OWE deal, those Chinese gymnasts can do all the flips, also Stronghears vs The Elite would be quality

They’re also talking about giving contracted wrestlers employee benefits, the language used was discouragingly tentative but at the same time they’re at least talking about it and could be a real game changer for the business if they could get it off the ground

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:27 pm

Just checked at the MGM holds 17k & change, be interesting if they can still attract the same audience as I imagine teaming up with the Khans detracts from the DIY Indy spirit that persuaded a lot of people to make the first one happen

Still we’re only one degree of separation away from getting Big Claudio Ranieri in the ring

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 1:52 pm

I think they’re still seen as the alternative to “the machine” or your old school version of “the man” so they’ll keep that audience. Think the Khans are worth nearly $4bn more than Vince, but we’re a long way from that causing any trouble.

I think developments with Omega are the most interesting. No name so far has been a surprise, but Omega sounds like he holds the key to any working relationship with NJPW.

Also intrigue around Marty. His partner is obviously in WWE, he’s clearly good friends with people in WWE too (Zack Ryder for one), and I’d assume there’s as big a chance he goes there as to join his friends in AEW once he’s free of contract.

I suspect a lot of wrestlers who were once allowed to easily request release to go work Indy dates will now be held to contracts.

The medical pay stuff is interesting, although some would say the issue is hugely exaggerated by fans. I’ve seen it said that WWE do cover bills and such for injuries sustained wrestling.

Also, I think I read Billy Gunn is signed on as a producer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 21184
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:36 pm

Omega is currently subject of a bidding war between the 3 biggest players in wrestling, I think he’d be mad to rush into anything, I’ve seen it said in his Tokyo sports interview that he’s continuing to lay ground work for a rematch with Tanahashi so I think he’s at least looking to go back in his best case scenario

Whatever you want to say about the Khans they own Fulham & The Jaguars so they know how to back a winner

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:51 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Omega is currently subject of a bidding war between the 3 biggest players in wrestling, I think he’d be mad to rush into anything, I’ve seen it said in his Tokyo sports interview that he’s continuing to lay ground work for a rematch with Tanahashi so I think he’s at least looking to go back in his best case scenario

Whatever you want to say about the Khans they own Fulham & The Jaguars so they know how to back a winner

Indeed, although the noises would suggest WWE are out of it. It seems from what's being said that Omega wants to do more with NJPW, and that they will bend over backwards for him, including working with AEW if it means they keep their man.

It sounds like they're offering very strong contracts, so WWE may well lose talent in the long run. Theres indy darlings that will now have an alternative when negotiations start and/or they are misused. I would guess anyone who is friends with Cody and the like will be linked.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 21184
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

Podcaster from China about AEW: “Just talked to an OWE personnel. This is what I was told about AEW. 1. Expect PWG, Wrestle-1, DDT and AAA to join AEW. 2. AEW wrestlers are expected to wrestle at OWE events. 3. TNT or TBS may already've been final, but most likely a tape show and not prime time.”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 21184
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 6:02 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Podcaster from China about AEW: “Just talked to an OWE personnel. This is what I was told about AEW. 1. Expect PWG, Wrestle-1, DDT and AAA to join AEW. 2. AEW wrestlers are expected to wrestle at OWE events. 3. TNT or TBS may already've been final, but most likely a tape show and not prime time.”

The DDT part is interesting, would make it more likely the joshi talent coming in would be from Tokyo Joshi Pro rather than Stardom as a lot of people seem to have assumed, which make sense seeing as Stardom and ROH seem to have some sort of working agreement

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 6:21 am

Certainly doesnt sound like your average start-up Indy fed. Its still very early on but they’ve got the potential to be much more competition to WWE than Impact ever was.

Samo

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Marky on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 7:59 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. Expect PWG

Where's Nando? I told him PWG would be on board as a non WWE or NJPW affiliated company, I told him!

Marky

Posts : 27920
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 32
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:16 am

The Bucks in many ways are PWG these days, not suprised to see them kept on board, also heard it heavily rumoured Exculiber will be brought on as a commentator which would be a fantastic choice, I think he’s excellent

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:54 pm

If there was any doubt about how serious WWE were about the UK scene, they’ve just opened the UK Performance Centre.

Samo

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm

Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 10:22 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Just saw him have a cracker at Discovery Wrestling on friday night too.

Samo

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:56 am

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Just saw him have a cracker at Discovery Wrestling on friday night too.

You should have said hi

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Marky on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 7:04 am

Such a shame Lykos is made of paper mache

Marky

Posts : 27920
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 32
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:21 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Just saw him have a cracker at Discovery Wrestling on friday night too.

You should have said hi

Had I known I would have. I'll just shout HOUSE at the derby Laugh

Samo

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Marky on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:49 pm

Absolutely buzzing to be going to Progress x Kaiju Big Battel on this years Super Strong Style 16 weekend, it's gonna be something special.

I also have a theory about how Dr Cube is actually David Starr. But it's still real to me dammit.

Marky

Posts : 27920
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 32
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 22 Jan 2019, 10:49 am

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Early reports suggest Kid Lykos has injured his shoulder at Progress

Hopefully not as serious as it sounds, this’d be the 3rd injury he’s sustained since the end of 2017 and he missed around 9 months in total last year between them

Just saw him have a cracker at Discovery Wrestling on friday night too.

You should have said hi

Had I known I would have.  I'll just shout HOUSE at the derby Laugh

I’m usually easy to spot because I’m standing at the back but there was quite a few doing that this time, hoping to make the Derby but I also want to see Ilja at ICW and PAC in Aberdeen, see if I can sell the missus 4 wrestling shows in 4 months, probably dependent on me getting my car fixed so I’m not hammering her mileage

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum