The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
guildfordbat
king_carlos
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
SimonofSurrey
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:00 am

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST DERBYSHIRE IN DERBY STARTING ON SUNDAY.
South African Test batsman Dean Elgar will make his Championship debut having joined up with squad on Saturday. Tim Linley is named in the squad having returned from his loan spell with Sussex and Luke Fletcher returns as part of the loan agreement with Nottinghamshire. 17 year old Sam Curran is included in a Championship squad for the first time.
meaker and solanki pay the price for glamorgan OUCH
no idea why dunn isn't included
The Surrey squad to play Derbyshire at the 3aaa County Ground on Sunday 21st June, Monday 22nd June, Tuesday 23rd June and Wednesday 24thJune :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Dean Elgar
Luke Fletcher
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Aneesh Kapil
Tim Linley
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
depending on the wkt will batty step down if not younger curran and either kapil/burke to miss out
over to you chaps thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:33 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Only other gripe is the extras in a game this tight it's too many

That's a very good point although the boot is now on the other foot. 96/3 with extras currently top scorer on 26 - a heck of a lot out of that total!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 am

Footitt - aptly - seems to be having trouble with his feet!  Bowled 8 no balls so far, plus two wides in this innings.

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell Footitt)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:42 am

LondonTiger wrote:Only just realised that is Ben Foakes, former England U19 and Lions keeper, now at the wicket for you guys. Any chance of him keeping for you guys?

Plus how many keepers (former or current) have played for you this season? Four?

Foakes was signed as cover and competition for Wilson. He's breathing hard on Wilson's shoulder.

Six former or current keepers have played for us this season. Morning quiz question - can you name them? Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:49 am

Guildford - you've got me stumped there.  Wink  5 are easy, but no 6?  Is it a real keeper as opposed to someone who once tried on a pair of gloves?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:56 am

Welcome back, Corporal. Trust the mission went well and no casualties were suffered by either side. Wink

I think - if only for Tiger - you should name the easy 5. Clue for the 6th - he may not be regarded as 'a real keeper' but he was given the job for [edit] 2 international games.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:06 am

Sanga
Burns
Foakes
Wilson
Elgar?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:13 am

Olly - not Elgar (as far as I'm aware). You have though missed an easy one. Hope the Corporal is still working on number 6.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:18 am

120 - 3 and the lead passes 150. Steady progress clap

Thanks Guildford, mission very successful, all troops returned to barracks. Only casualty was daughter who was trodden on by a stray stiletto heel while dancing barefoot.  (Will draw a veil over one or two guests at the end. RedWine vomit )

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:31 am

50 parnership between Sibley and Foakes clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:37 am

143 - 4 Sibley falls for 46 Sad   8 leg byes off the last over. And the last twelves runs have all been extras. thumbsup

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:40 am

143/3 soon becomes 147/5. Always feared one wicket would lead to another. Lot resting on Wilson and the tail ...

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:44 am

Oh dear

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:50 am

Hi - JimBob, interesting session.
Corporal - sorry to hear about the shrapnel injury to your daughter!

Popping out for a short while. Keeper answers on my return

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 am

guildfordbat wrote:Olly - not Elgar (as far as I'm aware). You have though missed an easy one. Hope the Corporal is still working on number 6.

I know I've missed an easy one - Davies

Err no idea for the other one...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 am

If Burke can stick around for 50-60 balls he'll take the game away from Derbyshire....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:04 am

guildfordbat wrote:Welcome back, Corporal. Trust the mission went well and no casualties were suffered by either side. Wink

I think - if only for Tiger - you should name the easy 5. Clue for the 6th - he may not be regarded as 'a real keeper' but he was given the job for [edit] 2 international games.

Solanki

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 am

Guildford - Solanki is the other (very occasional keeper), who kept for England after Matt Prior damaged a thumb.   thumbsup Had fun trying to imagine Tremlett keeping wicket. Shocked

Surrey lead by 198 at lunch.  Not enough - but if several more batsmen could each get another 20+ we might be in business. Overall neither side got a significant advantage in this morning's session.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:42 am

Olly wrote:If Burke can stick around for 50-60 balls he'll take the game away from Derbyshire....

This is where we particularly miss Le Roi king

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:44 am

Corporal and Tiger - yes, well done on getting Solanki. clap
Olly - not quite so well done on missing Davies Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 am

Wilson goes straight after lunch. steam

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:50 am

guildfordbat wrote:Corporal and Tiger - yes, well done on getting Solanki. clap
Olly - not quite so well done on missing Davies Wink

I was genuinely stumped - was trying to remember the all wicket keeper slip cordon we had earlier in the year Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:52 am

Not good losing Wilson so soon, not good at all. Effectively 203/6 in a one innings game. Neck and neck, just maybe a bit still in our favour. Want to have a lead of at least 240 - that would mean Derbys will need to get the highest innings total of the match in the fourth dig, never easy to do that. Hopefully we can set them more than that ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:55 am

Damn - I missed the keeper's quiz!
Extras are keeping us in the game as they move on to 44
This has shades of Glamorgan all over it though, our tail and sundries need to hang around.............not the usual collapse of 4 for 4!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 am

Goochie - extras now become joint top scorer. Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:17 am

48 now corporal!
Does one applaud the half century Shocked ??!!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:21 am

200 up 6th batting point mo1

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am

guildfordbat wrote:Hi - JimBob, interesting session.
Corporal - sorry to hear about the shrapnel injury to your daughter!

Popping out for a short while. Keeper answers on my return
hi guildford and afternoon chaps Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 am

I think hearty applause would be in order for the half century in extras. Footitt's maybe been taking coaching from Jon Lewis - he's conceded 22 runs in no balls this innings.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 am

thegooch7 wrote:48 now corporal!
Does one applaud the half century Shocked ??!!

Goochie - we need to applaud every run we can [enter title of our Eurovision '72 entry] Wink Don't even try, Olly!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:26 am

Afternoon Jimbob. Too close to call.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:26 am

keep those floodlights off Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 am

Hi JimBob - sorry if the Corporal upset you there referring to Jon Lewis! Seem to remember you were rather taken with Mrs Lewis though Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

Burke now has his hightest first class score 28*. clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:29 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Afternoon Jimbob.  Too close to call.
afternoon corporal welcome back i'd like 100 more tbh Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:32 am

Corporal - as JimBob said at the time, Burke lived up to his name getting stumped in the first innings - neat glovework by Poynton but he was naive and daft to be lulled down the track so early on. However, since then, he's had a good game ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 am

guildfordbat wrote:Corporal - as JimBob said at the time, Burke lived up to his name getting stumped in the first innings - neat glovework by Poynton but he was naive and daft to be lulled down the track so early on. However, since then, he's had a good game ....
spot on guildford we all said how daft it was he was left out at guildford warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 am

A lead of 245 now meaning Derbys have to score the highest innings total of the match in the fourth dig to win. Certainly not impossible but never easy. If we weren't Surrey, I would say we're favourites ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 am

guildfordbat wrote:A lead of 245 now meaning Derbys have to score the highest innings total of the match in the fourth dig to win. Certainly not impossible but never easy. If we weren't Surrey, I would say we're favourites ....

We are favourites - as you've pointed out many times, not often the highest score of the game comes in the fourth innings
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 am

lead goes past 250 clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 am

Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:A lead of 245 now meaning Derbys have to score the highest innings total of the match in the fourth dig to win. Certainly not impossible but never easy. If we weren't Surrey, I would say we're favourites ....

We are favourites - as you've pointed out many times, not often the highest score of the game comes in the fourth innings
censored

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

50 partnership clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 am

extras 49 Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

Olly wrote:

Sorry for any repetition. Unfortunately I found out at Guildford that I had to say the same thing several times before it was accepted ... Whistle

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 am

Extras fidgets nervously at the crease as he moves on to 49, and the New Seekers fan guildfordbat does the same as Surrey extend their lead to 259. Specialist batsman Norah has now eeked(!) out 67 runs in this low scoring (at the moment) match

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:

Sorry for any repetition. Unfortunately I found out at Guildford that I had to say the same thing several times before it was accepted ... Whistle

I'll never accept any views bar my own uneducated ones Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:59 am

extras 50 clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:00 am

clap Extras

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 am

50 for burke clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 am

Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:

I'll never accept any views bar my own uneducated ones Smile
clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am

clap 50 for James T Burke (Star Trek anyone??!!)

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next