The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??

+4
seanmichaels
Lowlandbrit
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??  Empty School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:46 am

As any Parent will tell you...........One is not allowed to take pictures or film their kids in school plays anymore.......You have to acquire a tape at cost from the school. Problem with this is... you usually have some guy that trembles more than a town experiencing an earthquake filming... and he often leaves kids out or films heads with no faces.......Not so much a problem in our case because Rob made Pamela Anderson look like Meryl Streep in all his plays !!

If you broach the subject with a head teacher you usually got the child's act 2004 chucked at you.....which is bollox because there is nothing in there to say you can't photograph your kid !!...

Now why should good parents suffer because there may be some deviant lurking ?????......

Why should we have laws to cater for 0.1% of the population ???

That's how I feel.............It's just crazy !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??  Empty Re: School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:10 am

Its a bit creepy you wanting to film children.

I understand you want to document your child's development through life but why should my children appear in your videos?

Lets not be insulting

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because)

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??  Empty Re: School plays - Why can't Parents film their kids ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

We get to see kids being filmed in the official video ONETWO !!

However they aren't very good and people don't often get to see their kids in them..

Read the thread....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:39 am

Sounds to me like what you really want is a better quality official video, in which case why don't you just volunteer to shoot it?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:44 am

Dunno what's more terrifying, deviants turning up armed with film equipment to a school play or ONEGUMP trying to convince people he has kids.....

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Dunno what's more terrifying, deviants turning up armed with film equipment to a school play or ONEGUMP trying to convince people he has kids.....

I imagine they wouldn't let you in ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Dunno what's more terrifying, deviants turning up armed with film equipment to a school play or ONEGUMP trying to convince people he has kids.....

I imagine they wouldn't let you in ..
Shows an arming lack of imagination of your part then TRUSSY. They allowed all the parents to film the Xmas show at my daughter's Nursery last year. I'm certain no-one's cared to watch it back since as it was simply a bunch of toddler's either mumbling or shouting incoherently then getting bored and wandering off (except for my little angel, she was very well behaved throughout, well, almost....)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm

I wouldn't care to watch it back either............Personally I'd rather miss the whole thing all together...

However my Wife is sentimental as I'm sure most Wives/girlfriends are.......

Remember having an argument with Red years ago whilst watching a news report of a girl that got assaulted walking through a park on her own at night.....(Where were you by the way??)..

She said it's her fault walking alone through a park at night............I said why the hell can't she walk through a park at night on her own ??

The world has gone crazy !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I wouldn't care to watch it back either............Personally I'd rather miss the whole thing all together...

However my Wife is sentimental as I'm sure most Wives/girlfriends are.......

Remember having an argument with Red years ago whilst watching a news report of a girl that got assaulted walking through a park on her own at night.....(Where were you by the way??)..

She said it's her fault walking alone through a park at night............I said why the hell can't she walk through a park at night on her own ??

The world has gone crazy !!
Wherever it was, I was somewhere else...

Sentimentality plays a part in it but then again, we have thousands of pictures and video clips on hard-drive that neither of us care to look at again. My wife fills her phone with hundreds of blurred pics of the kids every month, doesn't delete them and them gets me to transfer them so she can never look at them at again.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm

I got chucked out trying to film a nativity play last Christmas. I wouldn't mind but I'd spent all night in my hide in the rafters. Bloody freezing.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I got chucked out trying to film a nativity play last Christmas. I wouldn't mind but I'd spent all night in my hide in the rafters. Bloody freezing.....

In your hide...... or with something in your hide ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

Say as you see.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:54 pm

Too many pedos and too much PC.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm

Most schools/clubs etc have a policy that if everybody's happy then it's fine. It becomes difficult when there's fostered/care kids in the school due to the delicacies with that (couldn't film the kids 1st xmas play when I was at work because of it)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm

We're allowed to take pictures, but not put them on social media sites. This seems fair to me.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:As any Parent will tell you...........One is not allowed to take pictures or film their kids in school plays anymore.......You have to acquire a tape at cost from the school.  Problem with this is... you usually have some guy that trembles more than a town experiencing an earthquake filming... and he often leaves kids out or films heads with no faces.......Not so much a problem in our case because Rob made Pamela Anderson look like Meryl Streep in all his plays !!

If you broach the subject with a head teacher you usually got the child's act 2004 chucked at you.....which is bollox because there is nothing in there to say you can't photograph your kid !!...

Now why should good parents suffer because there may be some deviant lurking ?????......

Why should we have laws to cater for 0.1% of the population ???

That's how I feel.............It's just crazy !!
Actually, I can tell you different. Our daughter's school is happy for photos etc to be taken at school events. They just stipulate that none of them showing anyone other than their own child should go on any social media sites.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down