The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whose Line Is It Anyway?

+3
dancingweeman
Mind the windows Tino.
The Womble
7 posters

Go down

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Empty Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm

I have seen that this is back as a stage show at the Adelphi in the West End. Did anyone else used to watch this on a Friday night (i think) on Channel 4? It was a brilliant programme! Very very funny.

I remember there being Ryan Stiles, Colin Mocherie, Greg Proops, Mike McShane (who is very funny on Twitter btw) and loads of other comedians on it.

What was everyone's favourite game?
Is anyone going to see the show?
Whatever happened to Tony Slattery?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Empty Re: Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:25 pm

I used to enjoy this, Womble. I actually enjoyed the US version (hosted by Drew Carey) more although it was pretty much the same show. Carey was hilarious as the host. Not as smug as Anderson. I have about 15 of the US version saved on my Sky planner. Great stuff.

Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are absolutely brilliant on it and have great chemistry together. The US version quite often had Greg Proops and Wayne Brady. Brady, Stiles, and Mochrie were the 3 regulars and Proops was more often than not the 4th person although some others did fill in.

Weird Newscasters is my favourite game. That or Scenes From A Hat. Sound Effects was always quite amusing as well. Or the musical game where Stiles and Mochrie talk about a CD collection of different, bizarre music genres.

Great programme.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I used to enjoy this, Womble.  I actually enjoyed the US version (hosted by Drew Carey) more although it was pretty much the same show.  Carey was hilarious as the host.  Not as smug as Anderson.  I have about 15 of the US version saved on my Sky planner.  Great stuff.

Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are absolutely brilliant on it and have great chemistry together.  The US version quite often had Greg Proops and Wayne Brady.  Brady, Stiles, and Mochrie were the 3 regulars and Proops was more often than not the 4th person although some others did fill in.  

Weird Newscasters is my favourite game.  That or Scenes From A Hat.  Sound Effects was always quite amusing as well.  Or the musical game where Stiles and Mochrie talk about a CD collection of different, bizarre music genres.

Great programme.

Yeh I enjoy the US version as well. I was trying to think of Wayne Brady's name but couldn't remember it, so cheers Tino! I used to love the game Props. That game was so funny. Party Quirks was a good game as well.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

The Womble wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I used to enjoy this, Womble.  I actually enjoyed the US version (hosted by Drew Carey) more although it was pretty much the same show.  Carey was hilarious as the host.  Not as smug as Anderson.  I have about 15 of the US version saved on my Sky planner.  Great stuff.

Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are absolutely brilliant on it and have great chemistry together.  The US version quite often had Greg Proops and Wayne Brady.  Brady, Stiles, and Mochrie were the 3 regulars and Proops was more often than not the 4th person although some others did fill in.  

Weird Newscasters is my favourite game.  That or Scenes From A Hat.  Sound Effects was always quite amusing as well.  Or the musical game where Stiles and Mochrie talk about a CD collection of different, bizarre music genres.

Great programme.

Yeh I enjoy the US version as well. I was trying to think of Wayne Brady's name but couldn't remember it, so cheers Tino! I used to love the game Props. That game was so funny. Party Quirks was a good game as well.

Yeah, I forgot about Party Quirks. That really is funny.

There used to be a clip on youtube of Stiles and Mochrie doing a game with Greg Proops narrating. It was called The Sneckerfarc of Emore or something ridiculous like that. It was ballbreakingly funny and Stiles and Mochrie just completely lose it.

There is a props game with Richard Simmons as the special guest. That is possibly the funniest ever Whose Line game. Google it and you might find it. Mochrie and Stiles use Simmons and Brady as props and it is just brilliant. Carey loses it hosting, he starts crying it is so funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:00 pm

Hated the UK version, Josie whatever her f*cking name was used to irritate me with her singing...and talking...and her actions...and her face.

Tony Slattery because so unbearably smug he f*cked himself to death. Also hated WITH A PASSION, the absolute smug c*nt to end all f*cking smug c*nts, John Sessions. He used to appear on QI which I normally enjoy but his arrogance ruined the show for me and now I don't watch it just in case he's on and it ruins my week...and I'll say no more about that unfunny pr!ck, Jon Richardson on anything he appears in...unless it's a bodybag.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:43 pm

Tony Slattery always appeared proper nervous about everything. Like he was going to freak out at any time!

Agree on Josie thingymajig, she was an irritating cowbag.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:44 pm

Josie Lawrence. That was her name.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:35 pm

Was a big fan of the show, although like Tino - preferred the US version.

Am actually going to see it on Friday night - unfortunately Josie Lawrence is the token brit in it, along with Greg Proops, Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood.

Gutted that Ryan Stiles won't be there, but still looking forward to it.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:37 pm

Let us know what it was like weeman. Maybe Stiles will make a cameo appearance! Enjoy it pal.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:38 pm

dancingweeman wrote:Was a big fan of the show, although like Tino - preferred the US version.

Am actually going to see it on Friday night - unfortunately Josie Lawrence is the token brit in it, along with Greg Proops, Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood.

Gutted that Ryan Stiles won't be there, but still looking forward to it.

Brad Sherwood. That's the one. I couldn't remember his name.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm

By the way, I never believed it was totally improvised.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:By the way, I never believed it was totally improvised.

Neither did I Dave, especially the hoedown at the end
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

Ryan Stiles was the funniest for me.

Colin Mocherie & Greg Proops, were very funny also.

My favourite game was the part game and they had to guess what/ the next guest is.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm

Yeah, and Paul Simon wrote all the lyrics for REIGN IN BLOOD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Screw you Tina, Womble has my back!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Screw you Tina, Womble has my back!

YEAH!! I'm with you Dave. Kick his ass seabass!!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Screw you Tina, Womble has jizzed all over my back!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm

furious boxing
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:00 pm

Hey, it may be a thimble full if jizz but it's more warmth than you've shown me, you b*st*rd

Last edited by DAVE667 on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fucking swear filter being a cunt again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Hey, it may be a thimble full if jizz but it's more warmth than you've shown me, you I am a twonk of the highest order

Swear filters done my work for me there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Hey, it may be a thimble full if jizz but it's more warmth than you've shown me, you I am a twonk of the highest order

Swear filters done my work for me there.

(sound of knife being sharpened in readiness for the work ahead)

I'm just f*cking saying, Tina, I've been nice to you for a while now and what have I had in return? I'll tell you...Vanessa Feltz (a big fat zero). Straws and camels' backs, Tina...straws and camels' backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 20 Jul 2015, 10:39 am

The episode with Richard Simmons is still on youtube. It is quality. Mochrie at his best, and even Ryan Stiles just cant keep a straight face watching him.

Agree a lot of the UK performers were pretty poor choices.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:33 pm

Shocked I must be in the minority as I prefered the UK Versoin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

just watched the richard simmons bit, never seen it before. brilliant

my favourites were always colin and ryan, the others were just bit parts to those two. which made both the uk and usa version great because they appeared in both for large parts

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down