The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ??

+13
milkyboy
Pound-for-Pound
hampo17
rob-glos
Jermaine2015
Dipper Brown
Happytravelling
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
Rodney
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ?? - Page 2 Empty Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Jun - 10:31

First topic message reminder :

Smith vs Christopher Rebrasse - Standup European without a punch....21% kayo rate.....Lost a shutout to Groves..

Fielding vs Brian Vera - 23 - 9...Lost his last three fights...

Those are the competitive fights.......

Murray v Stiff

Bellew v Even bigger stiff...........

Thanks but no thanks..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ??

Post by Lance Fri 26 Jun - 23:52

Matchroom cards do tend to have some of the most corrupt scoring

Lance

Back to top Go down

Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody interested in the boxing tonight ??

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 27 Jun - 0:01

Just saw the Fielding fight, IJL should have been in there when Fielding pulled down Vera's head to cause him to fall forwards, that wasn't a knock down.

Fielding did hit him once whilst he was down on one knee and the ref should be in to break them and give him a warning, but nothing too malicious in my eyes.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 27 Jun - 0:20

How did the Fielding fight end? How did he lpok compared to Callem.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 27 Jun - 7:07

rob-glos wrote:Paul Smith just implied Rebrasse was a journeyman...

Rebrasse would beat Paul Smith handily.

Exactly isnt Paul just a journeyman at that level

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 27 Jun - 9:13

Feel asleep after 5 rounds of the Callum fight. More of a reflection on my tired state than quality of fight because I was enjoying up until then.

Rocky looked sharp albeit against an overmatched opponent. I think he'll be a bridesmaid in the division but I underestimated him.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 27 Jun - 9:29

Good test for smith, made to work for 12 rounds against a very game opponent, albeit one lacking much class and any punching power whatsoever. Whichever, despite looking like it could be very close for the first half of the fight, the body work from smith slowed rebrasse down, and smith was able to pull away towards the end.

Positives... he stuck to a game plan, went 12 rounds ok at a decent lick and mixed his shots fairly well against a guy not easy to look good against.

Negatives, his lack of head movement will cause him problems against a higher class of opponent, let's hope he has some whiskers.

Decent effort from him I thought.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 27 Jun - 9:36

I'd like to see the callum v rocky fight next not some wbc 10-15 ranked contender for them both. I actually think Vera was near the bottom end of the otherside of the hill so hard to read too much into that win for Rocky

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 27 Jun - 10:26

Seen it all the way through now. Had it 9 - 3 to Smith, so what's that 117-110 with the knock down? Can't argue too much with the cards, I thought Smith won the majority of them, even if he was made to work tirelessly. A case of 'close but clear'. Good fight, good win.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 27 Jun - 14:50

Easy to say Vera was over the hill after he's been KO'D in 2. Lots of people went for UD win in the prediction league. Need to give credit when it's due.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 27 Jun - 15:27

Bellew looks fat at cruiserweight and is in for a real hiding once he steps up his competition.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Jun - 15:58

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Easy to say Vera was over the hill after he's been KO'D in 2. Lots of people went for UD win in the prediction league. Need to give credit when it's due.

I'm not saying he's over the hill.................Just that he's always been crap........What is he now 21-10 ??

If he beats Callum Smith I'll start thinking he could be something special..

Let's get that fight done..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 27 Jun - 16:02

Amazing how that disaster Ian John Lewis continues to be given contests to ref and judge. Everytime I see him involved I know there is a f-up on the way.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Jun - 16:09

Guy takes a knee and then three seconds gets nailed by a huge left hook...Disgraceful !!!! again.....

Have you noticed how Nelson stuck up for IJL when the village idiot stopped the Carson Jones fight in Blackpool in the 1st round when everyone else at ringside...Mccrory, Watt, Halling et al were laying in...

He was sticking up for him again last night when even PC Smith was tucking in....

Hope it's nothing to do with Lewis skin color !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 27 Jun - 16:27

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Guy takes a knee and then three seconds gets nailed by a huge left hook...Disgraceful !!!! again.....

Have you noticed how Nelson stuck up for IJL when the village idiot stopped the Carson Jones fight in Blackpool in the 1st round when everyone else at ringside...Mccrory, Watt, Halling et al were laying in...

He was sticking up for him again last night when even PC Smith was tucking in....

Hope it's nothing to do with Lewis skin color !!.

Nelson actually sounded shocked when Smith had a go at IJL

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2