The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ??

+6
sparxz
RanjitPatel
BoxingFan88
catchweight
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ?? Empty Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:24 pm

Always had a bit of respect for this belt ..Seen some good fights for it and unlike the NABF and USBA it seems worthy of having but after Hearns remarks regarding a now redundant prospect of Smith-Fielding "it's not a British title fight it's more than that !!" I mean what is the point of it ??????

1. So in Hearn's eyes If he has a prospect... it's only worth pursuing if the champion is a stiff.....

2. If it's attained it's only worth defending against stiffs !!...If there is somebody decent in Britain then let's move on because a decent fight among prospects is worth more than that ???."

Shocking attitude really....

Why is Smith-Fielding worth more than the British title ?????????????

None of them have proved themselves yet..................and whoever loses they can come back like Eubank JR..

Maybe Hearn is looking at WBA Fielding...............WBO Smith...............IBF Degale...................WBC Groves............

Bollox to that !!!.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ?? Empty Re: Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ??

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm

I have to agree Truss Hearn is so disrespectful to the British title its a disgrace

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ?? Empty Re: Is the "British title" regarded as pointless ??

Post by catchweight Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

Yep its bullsh1t. Most unfortunate the unwillingness to make the fight happen and the need to have some sh1tty sanctionings bodies cooked up title attached to it. Dreadful for boxing fans.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:34 pm

If it does ever happen, probably going to be on Sky Box Office I should add! This is how Matchroom operate.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm

They are fighting for the title of best domestic super middle only the British title makes sense

Ridiculous to think it's some meaningless tin foil

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

Totally agree with this. Hearn has either massively overestimated the want for this fight or is hugely underselling the British title. Total lack of respect to the fighters that have fought and won the belt.

Some people will believe him when he tells us what level fight this is but I hope people see through this nonsense. Would say I hope the board of control come out with something to argue this but hopefully it's after they've knocked IJL's refereeing reign on the head.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm

It seems to me Hearn also does not care for the interest of the fighter on this matter either, I'm sure luke campbell, callum smith and especially Anthony Joshua have all expressed interest in the distinguished title but yet all seem to be bypassing it for various international straps, I see no problem in 2 undefeated prospects fighting early on , they can come again and if the winner goes on to be a champion, the the early loss is then looked at differently, example when Selby beat Stephen smith was seen as an upset but now that's no bad thing for smith on his record as Selby is world class.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 27 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm

If i remember george groves fought degale for the title, Hearn seems to want to make Smith v Rocky into a final eliminator

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:27 pm

Thought groves wasn't managed by Hearn tho

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:27 pm

Yea but hearn also billed mcclosky vs Prescott as a final eliminator. Doesn't necessarily mean it is
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm

Yea but hearn also billed mcclosky vs Prescott as a final eliminator. Doesn't necessarily mean it is
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm

Perhaps they could fight for the Liverpool title. They wouldn't be undisputed of course because of Paul smith.

So if Callum beats rocky it could be for the 'eh, eh, alright alright' title, whilst Paul could be awarded the 'calm down, calm down' belt. Like the klitsvhko's there would be no unification fight... But if rocky won, Paul could attempt to 'do a vitali' and salvage family pride.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:17 am

Shows Edward knows nothing about boxing and has no appreciation of the regale illustrious history of the British belt.  He's his fathers son.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sab275 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:51 pm

I think Hearn's approach relates to how much a British title is worth on £s rather than a dismissal of it from a prestige point of view.

sab275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down