The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it

+11
Valero's Conscience
bellchees
catchweight
Fernando
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
wheelchair1991
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
15 posters

Go down

Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it Empty Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

Terrible refereing at the end of the fight.

Boxing hits a new low

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it Empty Re: Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:40 pm

He heard bells but couldn't find Esmeralda.....

Refereeing has never been too good but it seems to have hit an alltime low....

What to say really ????

A lot of referees seem to be either incompetent or too close to the house promoter.....

If It was  in the 80s/90s and I was fighting a King fighter I'd have refused to fight If Steele was refereeing.....

Likewise over here I'd probably ask for Foster to be replaced If I was fighting a Hearn fighter.....

This guy though seems to be more like Johnny Bianco, Joey Curtis and IJL just plain useless...

Just shows that Mills Lane and even Carlos Padilla types are hard to find...............Refereeing isn't rocket science..

Unfortunately it seems that being incompetence is an acceptable practice..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it Empty Re: Bradley v Vargas FARCE! lets discuss it

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm

Russell balled it up at the end, but I'd cut him a bit more slack than others. He refereed the rest of the fight well, and I don't think Bradley was about to be stopped as Vargas failed to land anything worthwhile in those key few seconds after the initial right hand. That fight wasn't ending in those five seconds which were missed off, for me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:10 pm

Please no rematch coz of this Bradley won easily enough no way Vargas would have KO'd him with 7 seconds left when Bradley was spoiling effectively

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:13 pm

That's all a bit of conjecture really, Bradley was done and we have no idea what would have happened in the final 10 seconds but Vargas should have been given a chance to finish it, disgraceful refereeing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:28 pm

I don't think its that hard to see to be honest when you watch it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm

Refereeing c*ck up or not, bit worrying for Bradley to be put on Queer Street by the guy who's only kept out of the top two feather fisted light welters list by Pauline malignaggi and terry marsh.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:48 pm

It does look like somebody could catch Tim at the right time soon

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

I don't think for a second that even if the fight would have carried on Bradley would have been stopped. He is great at surviving and has very good recovery skills.

Vargas got in a good shot but even when Bradley was on queer street, he couldn't land anything

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:53 pm

For those not seen it. I don't think he'd have finished him didn't look that hurt just a bit of wobble.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:57 pm

Looks like Bradley would have seen it out but I would wager if the fight was happening over here then Bradleys wobble would have prompted the ref waving it off immediately.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:58 pm

Watched it this morning still stand by the factthatVargas wouldnot have stopped TB and their should be no rematch, the ref needs to retire

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:02 pm

It's been a very odd weekend of boxing anyway.

Wade getting a gift against Soliman.
Gonzalez quitting again following an innocuous body shot which the ref called as a low blow.
The Fielding/Vera push, hit on floor, pull up and knock down.
Then this disgrace.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:05 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's been a very odd weekend of boxing anyway.

Wade getting a gift against Soliman.
Gonzalez quitting again following an innocuous body shot which the ref called as a low blow.
The Fielding/Vera push, hit on floor, pull up and knock down.
Then this disgrace.

Didnt see the Wade fight but i heard Soliman got robbed

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm

I really don't think Vargas would have finished that fight at all, still should have been given the chance. Nice to see a referee explain his decision at the end of the fight, would love to hear IJL come out and explain some of his shockers.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 28 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm

Before the fight Arum stated that Bradley and GGG would be a SUPERFIGHT????????

Just saying I would not be surprised

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 28 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm

bellchees wrote:I really don't think Vargas would have finished that fight at all, still should have been given the chance. Nice to see a referee explain his decision at the end of the fight, would love to hear IJL come out and explain some of his shockers.

No need to explain the bleeding obvious.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 5:55 pm

I had Soliman beating Wade 97-93, and that's giving Wade the benefit of the doubt for the knockdown in the fourth, which was dubious. Even giving him a 10-8 there and allowing for the fact that there were a couple of close rounds where not much happened, such as round seven, I'm still not sure how you can have Wade in front. Even a draw would have been a shade dodgy, for me. Robert Hoyle scoring it 97-92 to Wade was a complete joke.

Wade looked average and quite amateurish. Pawing with the jab and pulling himself back before he'd even completed the punch, as if he didn't have any confidence in it landing and getting worked over on the inside in the early rounds where he was reduced to holding and flinging Soliman to the floor. He was lucky not to have any points deducted, to be honest. Beforehand he said he was planning to test Soliman to the body but I can hardly remember him throwing a body shot all night. His output was poor, too, even though his corner were begging him to step it up as the fight neared its end.

Bad luck for Soliman.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm

I don't see it being that controversial. Bradley was rocked but with only 10 seconds to go I'm certain would have held on and absolute worse case been dropped but saved by the bell anyway?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm

He wouldn't have been saved by the bell automatically, VC, as in he'd still have needed to beat a ten count if that's what you're asking, even if time in the round has elapsed. The final bell doesn't save you if you're down like it did back in the day.

But as you say, I don't see Vargas dropping him there anyway, much less heavily enough to stop him getting up inside of ten seconds. Bradley had recovered and got his senses and wherewhital back, for me. Obviously that doesn't make it right that the fight had those final few seconds shaved off it and I can understand Vargas' annoyance, but I don't think he was robbed of a certain stoppage victory as some are reporting.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

The noise of that punch landed by Vargas, sounded like the Martinez-Williams shot, dunno how Bradley didn't go down

I don't see it as that controversial, he had already survived 8-10 seconds after the right hand landed and was in the middle of a clinch, so sure he could last another 5 seconds or whatever it was. Bradley has been out of his feet before and survived so he would have definitely survived against Vargas who looked too tired to really go for him.

Except for the knockdown its clear to see that Bradley is just better than vargas. Dunno what to think of Bradley, once again he's won and shown his qualities typically his speed, toughness and will to win, but once again he's been hurt badly and looked out of it. How many times can he keep surviving.

Think his prime may has passed him but think he needs to try box a bit more like he did at LWW. Problem for Bradley is he really needs to load up to get his opponents respect and ends up burning so much more energy then your average welter.

Still one of the top fighters at WW but vulnerable/beatable, can imagine the likes of Thurman, Brook, Spence, Porter looking to pounce on his steady decline.

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm

I meant Bradley would had not had to continue if dropped and got up as fight would be over but see what you mean Chris.

Bradley is extremely durable, he's been hit by many hard punchers and although wobbled seems to recover very well like JMM.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Jun 2015, 7:05 pm

Bradley is must watch. Either the fights are entertaining, or the Officiating is. The Provodnikov fight was great. His lower body was doing the chicken dance, while his arms were doing the Drago dance.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by sab275 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:12 am

Finally watched this one, Bradley would ve survived, really don't know what the fuss is about.

sab275

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:15 am

I think Bradley would have survived, saying that he WAS one clean punch from oblivion. 30 seconds left I think he'd have been gone.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down