The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA Slammiversary Results

+4
Marky
Adam D
Samo
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

TNA Slammiversary Results Empty TNA Slammiversary Results

Post by Fernando Mon 29 Jun 2015, 8:45 am

Josh Matthews is leading commentary tonight alongside Mike Tenay and The Pope.

X-Division Championship Match
TIGRE UNO (c) vs. MANIK vs. DJZ

Lost of fast-paced high flying stuff early on. Manik and Ion play the unlikely allies for a few minutes until that inevitably breaks down. Tigre does a built up plancha spot to the floor to take both out, and DJZ takes a hard bump to the chest. They slow things down (as “slow” as the X-Division gets) with 1-on-1 exchanges with the third selling on the floor. Eventually they build into a sequence of big spots, lots of knees and a few great transitions; way too much to keep track of. Ion with 360 senton to the floor, and he spends some time with the fans at ringside. They all set up a Tower of Doom spot in the corner with Manik taking the least damage, so he bridges Tigre for a nearfall. Tons of nearfall spots heading in the end, with every guy hitting two or three signature moves. Manik looks to have it won with a gutbuster and the frog splash, but Tigre kicks out again. The champ ends up pinning Manik with a corkscrew legdrop.

Winner: Tigre Uno (still champion)

- After the match, streamers come down as Tigre grabs the title and celebrates his win.

JESSIE GODDERZ vs. ROBBIE E

Robbie rushes the ring and attacks Jessie with his shirt, chocking him and throwing him around. They fight out to the floor and it’s Jessie in control for the early parts of the match, rolling back in to break the ref’s count. My feed cut out for a few minutes – when it’s back they’re trading big right hand shots and both guys are groggy. Robbie hits a big DDT for two, and controls the rest of the match. They start the slow build to Robbie coming back, but he can’t keep any momentum. He ends up hitting a big falling neckbreaker out of the corner and scoring the win.

Winner: Robbie E

After the match, Robbie celebrates as Jessie rolls to the floor and we go to replays.

JB is backstage with Matt Hardy. He talks about being one of the greatest tag team wrestlers but it's important for him to cement his legacy as one of the greatest and he's going to win the King of the Mountain Title tonight.

MATT MORGAN vs. BRAM

It’s the ‘Blueprint’ in control 100% from the opening bell. He bullies Bram around the ring, then to the floor, then tosses him around some more. Bram tries to escape under the ring, then hits Morgan in the head with a pipe when he’s pulled out. They start throwing weapons from under the ring, including chairs, trash cans and random production equipment. Bram takes over the action with shots from the can, then starts wailing on him with the lid. He continues the attack and rolls the big man into the ring; Morgan sells the beating for a few minutes and motions to his neck/throat when the ref checks on him. Chair shot incoming, but Matt catches him with a chokeslam into a chair instead for two. He sets up for a powerbomb, but Bram gives him a low blow then hits a DDT into the chair for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Bram

- After the match, Morgan rolls to the floor as we go to replays.

JB is backstage with Tyrus and Ethan Carter III. EC3 talks about how he will win the World Heavyweight Title this Wednesday and the Era of Carter will begin. He says he will be making some changes.

AUSTIN ARIES vs. DAVEY RICHARDS

Aries takes a good, long time getting down to the ring; almost like he’s taking it all in one last time. He’s got more dates on TV but they’ve all been recorded already, so this very well could be his last time in a TNA ring. Lots of counter-grappling to start off the match. Aries is having fun with it, taking way too much time posturing with his signature moves, and Richards takes advantage with his no-nonsense strong style offense. Eventually he comes off the top rope with an ax handle and has some momentum, chopping away at Davey in the corner while getting hyped with a 7 or 8-year-old kid in the front row. Time for an elbow and forearm war in the ring. They trade everything including the kitchen sink, including missed dropkicks. Aries takes control with mongolion chops, followed by a big suicida to the floor to take them both down. Missile dropkick connects off the top, but he runs a dropkick in the corner. Aries with a reverse suplex into the Last Chancery and almost gets Richards to submit, but he rolls through and hits a Falcon Arrow for a nearfall. Another stand-up battle between the two, and they are giving it everything they have. Aries runs into the elevated knee strike, a series of running knees, and the double foot stomp for a ridiculously close two-count! Out comes Bobby Roode to cheer on his partner. Richards goes after him, and Aries rolls him up for the surprise three.

Winner: Austin Aries

- After the match, The Dirty Heels celebrate together. Aries takes the mic and says he loves when a plan comes together. He says he out-classed and out-wrestled Davey tonight. He announces that the stipulation for their title match on Impact Wrestling will be a Bra & Panties match... he was just kidding, it will be a 30-Minute Tag Team Iron Man match.

JB is backstage with Eric Young for a promo on tonight's King of the Mountain match.

- We get a vignette on The Dollhouse.

THE DOLLHOUSE vs. AWESOME KONG & BROOKE

The babyfaces hit the ring and Kong basically destroys the two girls that aren’t Taryn Terrell. Hold on… Jade and Marti. Now we have names. Eventually the ref gets things under control and they ring the bell. The Dollhouse tries to control Kong with the numbers game, but she ends up stacking up both the goons and splashing them. Taryn tries to get involved and in comes Brooke to act like she’s helping. Once Brooke tags in the heels have someone they can actually triple team, and the second act begins. After a few minutes they build towards the obligatory hot tag to Awesome Kong, she cleans house and dominates the Dollhouse, then Brooke tags in and picks up the wins over one of the cronies. Taryn stays protected.

Winners: Awesome Kong & Brooke

After the match, Taryn throws a fit and yells at Marti and Jade as Kong looks on from the ring with Tessmacher.

- JB is backstage with Magnus. He mentions how he and James Storm are fighting on TNA pay-per-view for the last time tonight. He talks about how Storm came after his family and he will get payback tonight. We get a video package for their feud.

Unsanctioned Fight
JAMES STORM vs. MAGNUS

All-out brawl in the ring, out of the ring, everywhere in between. My stream is terrible as there’s a storm coming through right now. They did briefly fight backstage and ran into some equipment and the tron videos all went out. I think it was intentional? Storm is in control, and he sets up a table. He tries for Eye of the Storm looking to put him through the table, but Magnus floats over and powerbombs him through instead. It’s the Brit in control for a few minutes, until he goes high risk with an elbow drop to the outside, but Storm dodges and he goes crashing through the table. Cowboy rolls him back into the ring for two. The referee takes a bag full of powder to the face (WHY IS THERE A REFEREE IN AN UNSANCTIONED FIGHT!?) then hits a superkick. Ref is down. Magnus with a Rock Bottom. Ref is down. They bring a piece of the barricade in the ring (you know, the extra barricade you keep under the ring?) and set it up between two chairs. Storm ends up going through it off a superplex. Slowly they each recover, and both grab beer bottles. They end up clobbering each other, and Storm falls on top of Magnus to pick up the barely conscious three-count.

Winner: James Storm

After the match, crew members help Storm up and out of the ring. Other crew members check on Magnus as we go to replay. They both are on their feet as fans cheer.

TNA is having some serious technical difficulties as we see the crew cleaning up the ring. The difficulties continue.

ETHAN CARTER III & TYRUS vs. BOBBY LASHLEY & MR. ANDERSON

Big Tyrus and EC3 double team Lashley to start off the match. Eventually Anderson tags in and goes to work on Carter, catching him with a spinning neckbreaker. After a few minutes he also falls to the numbers game of the heels. Pretty standard heel vs. babyface tag team action throughout. They build up to the hot tag from Lashley, who gets it, then it takes both of them to take Tyrus off his feet. Tyrus hulks up and suplexes them both at the same time. He tries for the Samoa Spike, but Lashley ducks under it and plants him with the spear. EC3 comes up from behind and puts him away with his finisher for the 1-2-3. Anderson is seen limping after the match.

Winners: EC3 & Tyrus

After the match, Ethan celebrates and motions for the World Title as Anderson and Lashley leave.

The announcers hype King of the Mountain. Mathews mentions the TNA wrestlers won't let Jeff Jarrett win because he's with Global Force Wrestling.

- JB is backstage with Jeff Jarrett and Karen Jarrett. Jarrett talks about how the wrestling world has been buzzing as has the GFW roster. Jarrett tells JB he's cutting one last promo and says if he can get that title, this relationship is going to a whole new "Global" level. The Jarretts walk off.

King of the Mountain Championship Match
JEFF JARRETT vs. MATT HARDY vs. DREW GALLOWAY vs. BOBBY ROODE vs. ERIC YOUNG

Jeff Jarrett is the first to get pinned after a roll-up from Roode, and has to go to the penalty box. Boy, writing out the results of these things really puts into perspective how ridiculous the gimmick truly is. Roode grabs a ladder and climbs with the title, but Matt Hardy stops him, the two brawl, and the belt goes back to the ref. Roode starts taking everyone out with spinebusters. As soon as Double J leaves the box he’s taken out from behind by EY, who throws him right back in. Everyone is basically brawling around the ladder. Galloway with the Future Shock DDT on Hardy but it’s broken up by Bobby. EY and Roode both go to the box after Hardy hits them with the Twist of Fate. It’s Jarrett and Hardy battling it out. Eventually EY gets free and grabs the guitar and goes to use it, but Jarrett dodges, steals it, and busts it over Roode’s head. Young goes on the attack and the two fight to the apron, ending with EY hitting a piledriver off the apron, into a set up ladder! Once the box is empty we get a huge brawl on the floor (Jarrett is still down and being tended to), and it’s Hardy who shows he’s still got it, climbing the cage and launching himself into the mass of humanity. After several minutes it’s Hardy and Galloway fighting with the title on top of the ladder; Hardy hits him with the Twist of Fate from the top. He’s almost to the hanger but Roode makes the save, planting Matt with a powerbomb. We’ve got two ladders now side by side, and it’s Roode and EY fighting atop them. Roode goes down after a shot from the title, but Jarrett is back to make the save, hitting an armbreaker from the top of the ladder on Young. Jeff climbs the ladder, places the belt on the hook, and wins the match. Then immediately takes the belt back off the hook to celebrate. God, what a weird match.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

After the bell, Jarrett brings the title back down and has his arm raised. Karen joins the celebration as the announcers wonder what this means for GFW and TNA. Jarrett goes around ringside and slaps hands with fans. The Jarretts celebrate in the ring with their children as Slammiversary goes off the air.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA Slammiversary Results Empty Re: TNA Slammiversary Results

Post by Samo Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:09 am

Sounds more like a house show than a PPV event. Which I suppose is fitting when all the big matches are going to be on Impact. Too many silly backstage decisions seriously hurt this show.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:42 am

Did anyone watch it?

Some reports have said that it was actually a fantastic ppv others have said it was awful, although it appeared they hadn't watched it!

It would be good to hear from someone who actually watched it - the Magnus/ storm match was supposedly very good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:44 am

I didn't watch it. I chose to watch the 2002 Royal Rumble on the WWE Network instead.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

I've heard good things about the Aries and Storm matches.  I've heard some terrible things about the Matt Morgan match and the rest being just meh.  I'll probably watch the Aries and Storm matches.  And the KotM just because it would be rude not to watch the main event.  But this just shows what a silly idea the reverse ladder match really is: "Jeff climbs the ladder, places the belt on the hook, and wins the match. Then immediately takes the belt back off the hook to celebrate."

I've seen a gif of the Young / Jarrett piledriver, and my word it looks like Eric comes close to losing his footing at one point
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 29 Jun 2015, 11:49 am

Incidentally enough, I recorded Slammiversay and only watched Davey Richards Vs Austin Aries, James Storm Vs Magnus and the King of the Mountain match. As previously stated, the rest was indeed skip-able.

In all honesty, I would say that coming away from the conclusion of the PPV, I feel underwhelmed where the direction and loyalty of this company is heading. I've briefly read spoilers for the next few weeks and I don't see where / how Jeff Jarrett and this 'King of the Mountain' title belt fits in with TNA. Surely this only has a connection with GFW?

James Storm Vs Magnus was indeed brutal and would probably say that this is the match you need to see if you are going to watch the PPV. Again, the outcome of this match was questionable if both guys are leaving, in all honesty I would have preferred to see a double forfeit or something but that's the problem with booking an 'Unsanctioned' grudge match. Some nasty looking spots in what was an all and out brawl. Magnus showed his emotion at the end and looks like he really is done with the company.

The atmosphere was really dire throughout the show. Jarrett was by far the most over in the KotM match and played the underdog fairly well in the early stages of the match. Yes, the pile-driver did indeed seem sketchy. It did look like EY had lost his footing, I never saw the ladder behind them and thought both were heading for a long drop to the floor which could have killed JJ.

All in all, as I previously mentioned, it wasn't a bad PPV by anymeans but it could have been so much better. If the best of 5 final match and the TNA Heavyweight Title Match had been on the card then it probably would have been a good to decent show.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:02 pm

I watched it. There were some decent bits of wrestling but the whole thing lacked any intensity. A house show with Jeff Jarrett kind of sums it up. The KOTM match was a bizarre headf*ck of a match and the winner was so bleedingly obvious throughout the whole thing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm

The_Enigma wrote:
All in all, as I previously mentioned, it wasn't a bad PPV by anymeans but it could have been so much better. If the best of 5 final match and the TNA Heavyweight Title Match had been on the card then it probably would have been a good to decent show.
I've been trying to think all morning if there are any other examples of PPVs building to free TV matches. And there are further examples of pay-offs that could have been on the PPV and are on TV.

Personally, that doesn't really bother me. I get the PPV and TV free and I only watch the matches that sound good on either of them, when I get round to it. But, it really shows the shoddy state of the business right now that things are so back-to-front in TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:32 pm

Eric Young seemingly had a break down on Twitter last night attacking criticism of the show, including calling some one a douche and telling everyone who didnt like the show to 'GO Frak YOURSELF'.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:28 pm

Sounds like TNA isn't the only thing going into meltdown.

Any talent without new deals lined up will be understandably anxious right now.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 29 Jun 2015, 8:43 pm

Magnus has officially signed for GFW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm

Even TNA can't explain the KotM match (http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6478-Slammiversary-Coverage-King-of-the-Mountain-Returns?start=7)

"Jeff Jarrett took a minute before he got involved in the match, and when he did he came in with a vengance, however after a bit of celebration he was pinned by Bobby Roode which allowed Roode to attempt to hang the built and also placing Jarrett in the penalty box, and shortly after being placed in the penalty box he ended up back in again but the nobody was able to claim victory by placing him in the penalty box."

That feels like the English translation from Chinese.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

Prometheus wrote:Even TNA can't explain the KotM match (http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6478-Slammiversary-Coverage-King-of-the-Mountain-Returns?start=7)

"Jeff Jarrett took a minute before he got involved in the match, and when he did he came in with a vengance, however after a bit of celebration he was pinned by Bobby Roode which allowed Roode to attempt to hang the built and also placing Jarrett in the penalty box, and shortly after being placed in the penalty box he ended up back in again but the nobody was able to claim victory by placing him in the penalty box."

That feels like the English translation from Chinese.  

Stronk Engrish FTW! Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:52 pm

It is the kind of quality control we can only expect from TNA picard
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm