The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV

+17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
shenglong2015
Eyetoldyouso
catchweight
RanjitPatel
megansgoodlookingdad
Coxy001
Derbymanc
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
Hammersmith harrier
sab275
Lance
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
Pedro147
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV Empty Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV

Post by Pedro147 Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:38 am

Cyclone Promotions are delighted to announce that Carl Frampton’s IBF World Super Bantamweight Title defence against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. will be shown live and exclusively in the UK on ITV at 9.45pm UK time on Saturday 18th July.

The Frampton v Gonzalez Jr. World Title bout takes place in El Paso, Texas at the Don Haskins Centre and will be broadcast live on ITV [main channel] from 9.45pm UK time. Coverage of the undercard to Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. will commence at 9pm on ITV4.

Undefeated Frampton, 20 (14) – 0, is already an established star in the UK and Ireland and the Belfast man is now set for superstardom on both sides of the Atlantic as his second World Title defence will be broadcast live on terrestrial television in both the USA, on CBS, and the UK, on ITV.

Alejandro Gonzalez Jr., 25 (15) – 1 – 2, is one of the brightest up and coming boxers in Mexico. The twenty-two year old Tijuana native follows in the footsteps of his famous father Alejandro Gonzalez Sr. when he challenges for the World title in Texas on 18th July. Gonzalez Sr. famously dethroned WBC Featherweight Champion Kevin Kelley in San Antonio, Texas in 1995 to become champion of the world. The tall and dangerous Gonzalez Jr., ranked 13th with the IBF, will have the majority of the support in El Paso for his first World Title challenge.

Belfast’s Carl Frampton is one of the hottest talents in world boxing and has continuously thrilled fans in the UK and Ireland with his explosive performances as the IBF World Super Bantamweight champion. Frampton won the World Title in Belfast in September 2014 in front of 16,000 ecstatic home fans. His first title defence against the USA’s Chris Avalos in February attracted a terrestrial television audience of over two million viewers in the UK and Ireland on ITV and UTV Ireland.

IBF Super Bantamweight king Carl Frampton said, “I am delighted to be once again defending my World Title live on ITV on the 18th of July against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. It is brilliant news that this fight will be shown live on ITV at primetime in the UK and live on CBS in the USA. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a young and dangerous Mexican challenger and I am expecting a tough fight. I feel I am the best Super Bantamweight in the world and I am excited to box in front of a huge television audience in the UK and USA.”

Frampton’s manager Barry McGuigan said, “This is excellent news that Carl Frampton is defending his World Title live on ITV at primetime in the UK. Frampton has all the ingredients needed to become the leading figure in British and Irish boxing; he is a world-class boxer with a brilliant personality who has a fanatical fan base from all over the UK and Ireland. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a hungry and dangerous young Mexican fighter who will be travelling to El Paso, Texas to rip that belt from Frampton. This is going to be a cracking contest for the millions of fans tuning in on both sides of the Atlantic.”

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said, “We're delighted to be on board for the US debut of such an exciting young British sporting talent and we look forward to bringing our viewers another evening of top class boxing action."

Former World Heavyweight Title challenger Chris Arreola features in the chief support bout for Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr in El Paso. The Californian puncher will box an opponent to be named shortly as he attempts to regain his status as one of the world’s top Heavyweight contenders.

Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. will be broadcast live on ITV from 9.45pm. Undercard coverage and build up to this IBF World Super Bantamweight Title fight will begin at 9pm on ITV4.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV Empty Re: Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Ill be watching the Sky Sports Quigg bill that night and recording this as i'm looking forward to it i think it will be good, its good that boxing is on ITV just wish it was a better fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV Empty Re: Frampton v Gonzalez Jr - live on ITV

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Great to see a top boxing talent plying his trade on terrestrial tv.

Pity it's against such a bum oppo.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Could be like Calzaghe, Hatton and Khan............The Frampton saga....

His manager is someone who thought fighting some part time journeyman on the triple hitter with Hearns and Duran was bad management......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 pm

I thought the last Frampton show on ITV was awful. The whole thing was a cheerleading exercise with no real respect for the other boxers or boxing in general

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Well, well, well..........when I said this fight could be on ITV Coxy, Tophat and Hammer tried to shout me down.

Wee Barry's smart enough........smarter than the three go slows I mentioned in the sentence above.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sab275 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Good to get the sport on 'free' TV.

sab275

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Lance wrote:I thought the last Frampton show on ITV was awful. The whole thing was a cheerleading exercise with no real respect for the other boxers or boxing in general

Gee whiz Lance chimes in to support Trussy's view again.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Strongback wrote:Well, well, well..........when I said this fight could be on ITV Coxy, Tophat and Hammer tried to shout me down.

Wee Barry's smart enough........smarter than the three go slows I mentioned in the sentence above.

Get your facts right before throwing yet more childish insults, I merely said it was a crap fight whereas the other two said it was too crap to show on terrestrial TV, something I still stand by as i'm sure Coxy and Toppy will too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Strongback wrote:Well, well, well..........when I said this fight could be on ITV Coxy, Tophat and Hammer tried to shout me down.

Get your facts right before throwing yet more childish insults, I merely said it was a crap fight whereas the other two said it was too crap to show on terrestrial TV, something I still stand by as i'm sure Coxy and Toppy will too.

Karl Frampton will be the best known fighter from these islands in the coming years.  Far better going with ITV as opposed to the limited subscription base of Murdoch propaganda TV.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 pm

You're nothing but a boring troll..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 pm

He needs to start fighting good fighters again. Has took a real backwards step, since he beat Martinez for his IBF title.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're nothing but a boring troll..

Not everybody is a troll but you certain are one Lance.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:29 pm

You're a troll just admit it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're a troll just admit it..

I am not a troll. If I was a troll I would be in attack mode. I let the guff that flies at me, because I don't always hold the world order view, fly over me.

If I'm anything I'm a rebel.  I have never responded well to conformity and restraints. My mother and father always taught me to 'Question everything'.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 pm

The old Strongy had a bit more to him than....I hate Eddie and the British....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 pm

To be fair to Strongy Eddie is doing my head in of late.

Used to think he was a breath of fresh air but he is beginning to turn into Mr Warren.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 pm

He did offer 1.5 big ones to Frampton for a fight in which he'd be a heavy favorite.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:14 pm

WTF is Strongy on about?? Did you see mine and Mr.Ts disagreements about Ward being above Mayweather and are totally different views on BHop?

Oh no you couldnt have. Nothing to do with Eddie Hearn so you dont stalk those threads. I purposely left you be but seems everyone was right about you and your issues

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Yeah Carl and Barry dropped the ball there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Lance wrote:WTF is Strongy on about?? Did you see mine and Mr.Ts disagreements about Ward being above Mayweather and are totally different views on BHop?

Oh no you couldnt have. Nothing to do with Eddie Hearn so you dont stalk those threads. I purposely left you be but seems everyone was right about you and your issues

Keep your knickers on Trussy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:19 pm

'If I was a troll I would be in attack mode'...

Poor guy. Must feel absolutely worthless in life

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Lance wrote:'If I was a troll I would be in attack mode'...

Poor guy. Must feel absolutely worthless in life

In real life I have balls of steel.  I make thinks happen, wheel and deal and keep the whole operation running smoothly, we're talking 100's of millions of pounds of investment on site.  

If I showed my work self on here people would sh!t themselves in fear, I don't want that to happen.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Im gonna give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are on the wind up.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:59 am

Good for Frampton and little Bazza to get it on free tv but it's still a shocking opponent considering they've been niggling Quigg about his opponent (and were digging about Kiko too)

Hope i'm wrong but can see this being the future for Carl if he's making decent money of below par opponents.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Will be watching Strongy, blowing away some unheard of guy is a given and so far haven't even seen an iota of promotion from ITV on it. They haven't even bothered to stick it on their homepage and I highly doubt they'll waste much airtime with slots advertising the fight.

The big issue is that Barry Mac is a shocking Poopie promoter. Frampton doesn't have a story to sell, he doesn't have massive amounts of charisma and outside of Ireland the casual fan haven't got a clue who he is. I highly doubt he'll do much more than the somewhat pitiful 2m viewers he did before.

Been in Istanbul but apprarently Haymon is going to get the Quigg fight through? Will chuckle heavily if he manages to spark Frampton out on ITV. Don't have much faith in that happening though.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by megansgoodlookingdad Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 am

No harm to you Coxy your talking rubbish, because of Warren/Hearns the average guy on the street could not name you a British champion let alone a British born world champion.

Warren/Hearns are interested in money nothing else, no doubt Hearns wants to go the WWE route and make every big big a PPV.

McGuigan is keeping Carl on terrestrial telly and as its a Sat night 6/8 million will watch, also he is taking him to America so expect Carls next fights to be Vegas or Madison Square Garden.

Quigg couldnt fill a leisure center he has all the charisma of a wet lettuce, Lee Selby is a smasher and 99% of the British public couldnt tell you who he is!! Same with Kell Brook.

Quigg needs Carl, Carl doesnt need Quiig at the moment, McGuigan has huge respect in America and the Irish Americans well welcome the Carl Frampton story whilst Quiigg will finish his career as unknown as he is now.

megansgoodlookingdad

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 am

We said it wouldn't be given a primetime slot, it hasn't.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 am

megansgoodlookingdad wrote:No harm to you Coxy your talking rubbish, because of Warren/Hearns the average guy on the street could not name you a British champion let alone a British born world champion.

Warren/Hearns are interested in money nothing else, no doubt Hearns wants to go the WWE route and make every big big a PPV.

McGuigan is keeping Carl on terrestrial telly and as its a Sat night 6/8 million will watch, also he is taking him to America so expect Carls next fights to be Vegas or Madison Square Garden.

Quigg couldnt fill a leisure center he has all the charisma of a wet lettuce, Lee Selby is a smasher and 99% of the British public couldnt tell you who he is!! Same with Kell Brook.

Quigg needs Carl, Carl doesnt need Quiig at the moment, McGuigan has huge respect in America and the Irish Americans well welcome the Carl Frampton story whilst Quiigg will finish his career as unknown as he is now.

Look forward to you coming back on in a while and seeing how that all pans out....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 am

He won't care as long as he gets a bite..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

You're grasping at straws son.   9.45pm on a Saturday night.

Give it up, you were talking sh!te and Barry's proved you wrong again. It's a common theme with you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 am

Quigg could possibly fill a leisure centre cafe or changing room.

It's come to the point where reading this forum makes you choose between Frampton and Quigg. Seems that they're only the sub plot to the bigger Hearn Mcguigan story. Why do people care and favour promoters?
Hearn has put on some good cards and some awful cards but has generally done the best for his fighters. Barry has built Frampton up nicely so far and has taken him to the US for a bit of exposure before a bigger fight there.

With regards the fighters, I used to like both and there was a time(few years ago) where I would have bet my house on Quigg winning. Not anymore and that's not through any bias. It's plain to see that Frampton is a better fighter.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Give it up, you were talking sh!te and Barry's proved you wrong again. It's a common theme with you.

Hats off to Barry for securing ITV, no disagreement there. But it still isn't a primetime slot as you suggested and it is still a crap fight, akin to Khan vs Salita.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:14 pm

I have seen Carl fight live a few times and he is an excellant fighter. However he is treading water. I hope he at least fights Santa Cruz or Quigg next, presuming Quigg beats Martinez.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 pm

I think he's got the beating of the lot of them, but don't think LSC will ever happen, not sure LSC has the appeitite for a real challenge and may stay a weight above.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm

megansgoodlookingdad wrote:No harm to you Coxy your talking rubbish, because of Warren/Hearns the average guy on the street could not name you a British champion let alone a British born world champion.

The same 6/8 million who watched Frampton vs Avalos then? When he drew 2 million?

Never said Quigg was Ricky Hatton when it came to charisma, you've twisted a comment around to suit an argument. I merely said I would chuckle if he were to spank Frampton out of there due to Barry's insistence on Frampton following what he did on terrestrial even though he has no distinguishing feature from other fighters other than he's Irish and will have support from there.

Frampton isn't a big star. He needs Quigg as it's the only fight that will bring him to the forefront of common sports fans minds over here. And a load of people I know happen to have heard of Kell Brook because they want Khan to fight him as it's another big British showdown. He also has almost double the amount of twitter followers! Ergo, he's miles bigger Wink

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Hats off to Barry for securing ITV, no disagreement there.  But it still isn't a primetime slot as you suggested and it is still a crap fight, akin to Khan vs Salita.

From Wikipedia:

"United Kingdom

In the UK, the term used is peak time, early peak is 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM and late peak is 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM.[7]"

What time do you want the fight on at?

9.45 is as good as it gets on a Saturday. Same as with vintage ITV fights like Benn v Eubank that were on after 9pm.

Just face it you were wrong about Barry getting this fight on ITV. This bolloxology about prime time on a Saturday is a strawman of the flimsiest kind.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:09 pm

You are so boring...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You are so boring...

Stop trolling..........

You spend more time on here than anybody so that makes you infinitely more boring than everybody else. How many times have we have heard the same 5 or 6 topics from you.

Nothing is more boring than repetition and you have corned the market on that.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:22 pm

I don't mind you finding me boring..

You're a complete waste of time that adds nothing but bile....

You hate the British. ..We get it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't mind you finding me boring..

You're a complete waste of time that adds nothing but bile....

You hate the British. ..We get it!!

Do you still think Lennox Lewis is a Canadian?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Having it on ITV is only a good thing. Not sure what the big downer on McGuigan is? He has done a great job with Frampton so far and is trying to make him as accessible as possible for fans domestically and abroad. This recent fight is a walkover to be fair, but getting overseas in the States and linking up with Haymon will open doors to big fights. Frampton always puts on a great show as well.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

I think people should realise he's on CBS on a Saturday afternoon....

If more than 500,000 viewers see it he'll be doing well..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 am

According to Strongy, legions of Mexicans will turn up to watch it..........and end up supporting Carl! Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:According to Strongy, legions of Mexicans will turn up to watch it..........and end up supporting Carl! Rolling Eyes

Yup he's fighting in that hotbed of Irish support as well. And the Mexican's will all come flocking to see the new Julio Cesar Chavez. I mean he's a complete unknown but he's that good and we should all get on our knees, stroke Barry's shaft and swallow the gravy for helping him get the massive exposure this fight is likely to bring on both sides of the pond due to the terrific matchup we have on our hands.

I'm not sure what I'd want to see more - Quigg knocking Frampton out (we can all live in hope) or ITV pulling the plug on showing any Cyclone Promotions fight due to the crappy numbers they do.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:58 am

CBS got 2 million viewers at it's peak for The Masters featuring Mcilroy, Woods and Spieth...

The Masters is the biggest event on the US golf calendar bar Ryder cup......Maybe your claret jug is more popular with Brits..

Golf is also a more popular sport than Boxing...

We got an unknown Irishman fighting in red neck valley in the afternoon which will probably be 4pm local and 5pm Eastern time..........

It's going to be the smallest US debut in history...

My advice.....P**s off back to the King's hall and fight somebody decent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:CBS got 2 million viewers at it's peak for The Masters featuring Mcilroy, Woods and Spieth...

The Masters is the biggest event on the US golf calendar bar Ryder cup......Maybe your claret jug is more popular with Brits..

BBC average viewing figures when Oosthuizen won was 2.8m. 4.3m watched in America on ESPN as Mickleson won....

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 pm

There's a lot of bitter people around.

By the time Frampton has 3 or 4 fights in the States every Irish American will be supporting him.

People got it wrong about Barry getting the ITV deal and now they are trying to denigrate everything Frampton is doing. Haymon will build Frampton towards unification fights.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:20 pm

We are all bitter..............

That's why we spend all our time slagging Eddie Hearn off...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next