What can we do about ISIS ???

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not interested in the historical blame game...........We have a very big problem at the moment as the atrocity over the weekend shows.........

I'm at a loss at what to do about iSIS........

Personally think the horse has bolted....

Tunisia can happen anywhere at anytime...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down


What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Alistair on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Alistair wrote:My point was, you said you felt sorry for the innocent people of Syria, i brought up the fact that you didn't have this sympathy for the innocent people of Afghanistan, when in actual fact, all the innocent people who die are exactly that, innocent, and you should feel sorry for anyone in that position, but instead you went on about 9/11 and quoted statistics.

I never said that....I don't know what you're talking about..

I said we had to go into Afghanistan....

http://www.606v2.com/t60512p50-9-11-tribute-controversy

Here, when we had the same discussion, you basically said that the Afghan's were 'casualties of war' because you asked for the guys who caused 9/11 and they didn't hand them over. ISIS have been causing death and destruction all over the place, so we're taking the fight to them, yet you feel sympathy for the innocents caught up in it. I'm saying there is no difference.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Likes a lager

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:40 am

I "basically" said that did I ...............

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Alistair on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:48 am

Yes, i can't quote everything in context but...

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you can't see a difference between casualties of war and a barbaric act of cowardly terrorism then you're stupid......

Casualties of War you refer to are the Afghan people.

Barbaric act of cowardly terrorism were those who sadly died in 9/11.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Likes a lager

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 am

You're taking me out of context...I said Afghanistan was justified because America was at war with terrorists hiding there.. post 9/11...

Never said killing innocent people was okay...

If they had let us in....It could have been different.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Alistair on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're taking me out of context...I said Afghanistan was justified because America was at war with terrorists hiding there.. post 9/11...

Never said killing innocent people was okay...

If they had let us in....It could have been different.

Perhaps clarification on your point, or just answering my question would've been easier.

Let's face it, chances are it wouldn't have been different, you would still have had to launch assaults on key strongholds, and the US have terrible aim, a school/hospital/church would almost certainly have been hit! Whistle

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Likes a lager

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:02 am

Why don't you just argue the point you'd like me to have made...

The one that fits your stereotype of a shoot em up, uncaring, arrogant SOB...


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by kingraf on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:23 am

Any chance you two could streamline your argument to one of the threads so that you don't ruin them both?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Alistair on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
The one that fits your stereotype of a shoot em up, uncaring, arrogant SOB...


I don't think you're like that at all...

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Likes a lager

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:27 am

It's my thread..I'll write what I like on it..

Cheers..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by kingraf on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's my thread..I'll write what I like on it..

Cheers..
Indeed, but something in some way related to the subject matter would be a real shot in the arm to it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 am

Moving on....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 am

He's stopped adminstering steds now raf.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:53 am

administering..

Steroids are great for your spelling.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 am

http://veteransforpeace.org.uk/2015/war-veterans-to-discard-medals-at-downing-street/


ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:39 am

Sad.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:43 am

aye

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 am

ShahenshahG wrote:http://veteransforpeace.org.uk/2015/war-veterans-to-discard-medals-at-downing-street/


I get where they are coming from.....

Maybe these politicians should do some fighting...It might give them more of an insight..

Herbert Hoover : "Old men declare war but it's the young who must fight and die!!"

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:57 am

I think David Mitchell summed it up quite well in his most recent offering:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/06/words-of-war-can-seduce-david-mitchell-hilary-benn-speech

"The question, I suppose, is whether we can kill people who hate us at a faster rate than we make other people hate us by killing so many people."

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:http://veteransforpeace.org.uk/2015/war-veterans-to-discard-medals-at-downing-street/


I get where they are coming from.....

Maybe these politicians should do some fighting...It might give them more of an insight..

Herbert Hoover : "Old men declare war but it's the young who must fight and die!!"

“I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in.”


― George S. McGovern

Yup. Just waiting for the big papers to pick it up

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Pal Joey on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:23 pm

Anyone know if they have an extensive tunnel system?

They are getting somewhat of a pounding from what I see and hear on the news. Must be a terrifying thing for all of the poor innocents caught up in it all... even for those nasty IS types.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49623
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Scottrf on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Yeah they do.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/622070/underground-ISIS-lair-US-made-guns-and-drugs-Raqqa-bomb-campaign

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Pal Joey on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:49 pm

I see. So they can lie low and weather the storm then.

Always amazed me how extensive the tunnel systems were in WW1, WW2, etc.

I went to some tunnels in Vietnam. The only way down was by lifting arms over head and going down feet first. Very stuffy and warm inside. Littered with nasty little dead ends with booby traps and suchlike. They even had underground classrooms, operating theatres, kitchens and mess halls dug out in some larger underground chambers.

Quite amazing what people can set up in a relatively short space of time. I imagine the soil in Syria and Iraq would be hard to dig and prop up being rocky/sandy. Tough work for them.


Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49623
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by seanmichaels on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Laugh

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/622003/Anonymous-Islamic-State-Rick-Astley-never-gonna-give-you-up-ISIS-video-hacking?_ga=1.246824900.1112726742.1450262665

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13319
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:08 am

I see Ibraham Qosi who was let out of Guantanimo by Obama is turning up in videos on the net trying to recruit terrorists....I see also some British detainee (lost his name)who's got a big pay out off the government has been seen preaching hate.....

Be careful what you wish for........Guantanimo is in Obama's new year list of things to do....


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Isis can never be 'defeated' by military means.

What makes me laugh is that Western powers think that is they still can.

Every time they invade they just prove that they are what isis claims them to be.

So now they use drones and special forces to assassinate key players and guess what, more key players will be recruited.

This is a clash of civilizations, and the only solution is social justice, the end of oil as the world's key resource, education and time, which i hope will correct the disparity in human moral evolution that Isis proves is thriving.

But i fear the west has already gone too far. The rich are getting richer and the poor poorer, population is growing and resources becoming scarcer…the trend suggest that the world is entering a phase elf serious turmoil.

IMO the Caliphate will survive. The Middle East is a beautiful place, i have travelled extensively there but i will not be going back, i doubt, in my lifetime.


Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't think we've seen the end of the BNP either......But like iSIS ..I'd rather see a depleted one than a bursting to the seams highly motivated one.....

My problem is what will be the Civilian cost of these bombings..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 am

The BNP, while reprehensible, are nothing like Isis. Though they are on the same spectrum.

Civilians always take the brunt but when military industrial complex based nations use conventional means to pursue foreign policy civilians are not really a consideration.

Just makes me laugh…bombing….doesnt defeat anyone in fact it sharpens resolve.

Did we fold when Germany blitzed the UK or did the Gemrans when we razed Dresden and other cities?


Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:12 am

Gwlad wrote:The BNP, while reprehensible, are nothing like Isis.


No s**t ..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Pal Joey on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Saw something on a gun that can shoot around corners the other day. What sort of a deranged person would come up with an invention like that? Quite liked the invisible shield one though.

After Ramadi... what's the next big objective? Mosul? Could end up worse than Stalingrad. What a mess. It's only going to get much, much worse. The bigger picture in the region is so far gone I don't see any possibility of any type of political resolution either.

As Gwlad says... we need to wean off our reliance on oil somehow but that will take decades or more. OPEC is playing more mind games with their production targets and pricing... we're really being held over a barrel again yet again.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49623
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:20 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Saw something on a gun that can shoot around corners the other day. What sort of a deranged person would come up with an invention like that? Quite liked the invisible shield one though.
Not sure why you're so offended by the idea of this. Would have thought this was a logical thing to try if the technology exists. It's not competitive Morris dancing.

The Loaded Dog wrote:After Ramadi... what's the next big objective? Mosul? Could end up worse than Stalingrad. What a mess. It's only going to get much, much worse. The bigger picture in the region is so far gone I don't see any possibility of any type of political resolution either.
Stalingrad? Seriously doubt it. Daesh are hugely overmatched when it comes down to it and they don't have the same lines of supply the Soviets had. Needs more than bombs though so I guess the local militias are going to hurt come the end as we aren't going to commit anything on the ground it would seem.

The Loaded Dog wrote:As Gwlad says... we need to wean off our reliance on oil somehow but that will take decades or more. OPEC is playing more mind games with their production targets and pricing... we're really being held over a barrel again yet again.
Would be nice to get off oil but it isn't going to happen until it runs out. It's required for too much other than simple fuel use for that to happen I reckon.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8170
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Pal Joey on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm

navyblue,

I'm not so much offended by the idea; I'm well aware that war leads to innovation and naturally more and more deadly weaponry. Some call that progress. For instance, some Aussie patented a machine gun that can roll off 1 million rounds of projectiles per minute. The Metal Storm.
That type of technology is really quite mind boggling is what I meant to say.

As for the Stalingrad analogy - I know the numbers are minuscule in Mosul (by comparison) but I was thinking more in terms from the besiegers point of view. i.e. the 6th Army being analogous to ISIS and their tenuous supply lines. The local militia will no doubt have to go from sector to sector, street to street, house to house, room to room to get the job done. There will be no surrender from ISIS you'd imagine and also no prisoners of war taken either way. Hell of a job. The gun that shoots around corners may come in very handy indeed.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49623
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.
Yup, it's an idea. Agreed. The idea that it's the U.S.' fault though is a bit trite and lazy. These nutters had these ideas way before 9/11. Tend to agree re. bombing, certainly on its own. Hem them in and leave them to it.

The Loaded Dog wrote:navyblue,

I'm not so much offended by the idea; I'm well aware that war leads to innovation and naturally more and more deadly weaponry. Some call that progress. For instance, some Aussie patented a machine gun that can roll off 1 million rounds of projectiles per minute. The Metal Storm.
That type of technology is really quite mind boggling is what I meant to say.

As for the Stalingrad analogy - I know the numbers are minuscule in Mosul (by comparison) but I was thinking more in terms from the besiegers point of view. i.e. the 6th Army being analogous to ISIS and their tenuous supply lines. The local militia will no doubt have to go from sector to sector, street to street, house to house, room to room to get the job done. There will be no surrender from ISIS you'd imagine and also no prisoners of war taken either way. Hell of a job. The gun that shoots around corners may come in very handy indeed.
All of which is something our politicians can't face - so we get bombing campaigns and little else. Then again, it's their country so perhaps they should sort it out.
On the POW angle, I think they'd get taken (inevitable) but then they'd be publicly beheaded/burned/whatever by Daesh. Nice. Another reason why we aren't going to see much in the way of 'our boys' getting anywhere near them.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8170
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:48 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.
Yup, it's an idea. Agreed. The idea that it's the U.S.' fault though is a bit trite and lazy. These nutters had these ideas way before 9/11. Tend to agree re. bombing, certainly on its own. Hem them in and leave them to it.

Totally agree. This 'blame the Yanks' excuse for a bunch of quasi-retarted evil Muslim f*cktard nutters is as pathetic as it is fallacious as it is apologist.

And everyone knows I'm hardly one to defend the Yanks and protect them from criticism. But this kind of rubbish does nothing to solve the problem and is just more head in the sand b*llocks.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.

Yep the guy that killed all those kids at Dunblane probably had a bad childhood himself..

So that's okay...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.
Yup, it's an idea. Agreed. The idea that it's the U.S.' fault though is a bit trite and lazy. These nutters had these ideas way before 9/11. Tend to agree re. bombing, certainly on its own. Hem them in and leave them to it.

Totally agree. This 'blame the Yanks' excuse for a bunch of quasi-retarted evil Muslim f*cktard nutters is as pathetic as it is fallacious as it is apologist.

And everyone knows I'm hardly one to defend the Yanks and protect them from criticism. But this kind of rubbish does nothing to solve the problem and is just more head in the sand b*llocks.

Some people should bury their heads in the sand and leave them there

I am not blaming the yanks for isis atrocities, they are unspeakable apologies for human beings and i for one would like to take each one, one at a time, into the room behind my local pub bar.

What i am saying is we are playing into their hands by bombing

We all now know that the oft quoted suggestion that US foreign policy objectives are the best recruiter for terrorism, is true.

The military industrial complex survives on war. its that f$%king simple. What we need is to kill these scum off some other way.

And i'd settle for concessions if it mean't the end of the killing.

We talked to the Provisional eventually, and don't kid yourself that these were hard core 'terrorists'. Fact is they had a political agenda. I hope and pray Isis have an agenda other than a medieval caliphate because right now every time we drop a Brimstone we underline their poisonous clamoring that this is a holy war on islam, just like the First crusade in 1095.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by seanmichaels on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Need to nuke Raqqa.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13319
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 am

Gwlad wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.
Yup, it's an idea. Agreed. The idea that it's the U.S.' fault though is a bit trite and lazy. These nutters had these ideas way before 9/11. Tend to agree re. bombing, certainly on its own. Hem them in and leave them to it.

Totally agree. This 'blame the Yanks' excuse for a bunch of quasi-retarted evil Muslim f*cktard nutters is as pathetic as it is fallacious as it is apologist.

And everyone knows I'm hardly one to defend the Yanks and protect them from criticism. But this kind of rubbish does nothing to solve the problem and is just more head in the sand b*llocks.

Some people should bury their heads in the sand and leave them there

I am not blaming the yanks for isis atrocities, they are unspeakable apologies for human beings and i for one would like to take each one, one at a time, into the room behind my local pub bar.

What i am saying is we are playing into their hands by bombing

We all now know that the oft quoted suggestion that US foreign policy objectives are the best recruiter for terrorism, is true.

The military industrial complex survives on war. its that f$%king simple. What we need is to kill these scum off some other way.

And i'd settle for concessions if it mean't the end of the killing.

We talked to the Provisional eventually, and don't kid yourself that these were hard core 'terrorists'. Fact is they had a political agenda. I hope and pray Isis have an agenda other than a medieval caliphate because right now every time we drop a Brimstone we underline their poisonous clamoring that this is  a holy war on islam, just like the First crusade in 1095.

Nothing like the IRA......What a joke....

These ISIS b**tards won't be happy till we all live in an Islamic world....Have you seen it's new names for all the Countries in Europe for when it conquers most of it ideally by 2020 !!

Little bit more of a worry than 1800 Irish terrorists.....me thinks.......






TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:04 am

The IRA was a lot less 'r.a.pey' from memory....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:The IRA was a lot less 'r.a.pey' from memory....

Serves you right for travelling into yet another warzone.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:You can't defeat Daesh

Its an idea

It grew out of the US imprisoning Sunni fundamentalists

FFS we need to realize that the bombing just proves their point. How would you feel being on the receiving end every day, and now the Russians too and i don't think they are quite so discriminating.

We must stop bombing. Find any other way to neutralize their influence, reduce their power. Seize their assets, flood the market with oil and kill the price (never going to happen) Cyberattack them, anything but dropping bombs on towns.
Yup, it's an idea. Agreed. The idea that it's the U.S.' fault though is a bit trite and lazy. These nutters had these ideas way before 9/11. Tend to agree re. bombing, certainly on its own. Hem them in and leave them to it.

Totally agree. This 'blame the Yanks' excuse for a bunch of quasi-retarted evil Muslim f*cktard nutters is as pathetic as it is fallacious as it is apologist.

And everyone knows I'm hardly one to defend the Yanks and protect them from criticism. But this kind of rubbish does nothing to solve the problem and is just more head in the sand b*llocks.

Some people should bury their heads in the sand and leave them there

I am not blaming the yanks for isis atrocities, they are unspeakable apologies for human beings and i for one would like to take each one, one at a time, into the room behind my local pub bar.

What i am saying is we are playing into their hands by bombing

We all now know that the oft quoted suggestion that US foreign policy objectives are the best recruiter for terrorism, is true.

The military industrial complex survives on war. its that f$%king simple. What we need is to kill these scum off some other way.

And i'd settle for concessions if it mean't the end of the killing.

We talked to the Provisional eventually, and don't kid yourself that these were hard core 'terrorists'. Fact is they had a political agenda. I hope and pray Isis have an agenda other than a medieval caliphate because right now every time we drop a Brimstone we underline their poisonous clamoring that this is  a holy war on islam, just like the First crusade in 1095.

Nothing like the IRA......What a joke....

These ISIS b**tards won't be happy till we all live in an Islamic world....Have you seen it's new names for all the Countries in Europe for when it conquers most of it ideally by 2020 !!

Little bit more of a worry than 1800 Irish terrorists.....me thinks.......






trussman i am sure you dont need me to point out the blatant racism in your last post.

First; they are not Moslems. They are islamist fundamentalist terrorists whose perverse use of Islam to pursue their objectives is a stain on the religion and humanity itself. This is not a religious battle, that is what they want and how they have characterized it…you are just buying into Isis objectives by repeating that here. It aint never going to happen.

My point is we held the Provisionals up as the heinous terrorists of their day - they were- and now it is isis. The solution is to destroy them (ideally not militarily because IMO that is what has created them) but by making them powerless amongst their own.

We need to help moderate Moslems take them on. To cyberattack them. To seize their money and assets. To manipulate the money markets and oil business to destroy their investments and assets. To disrupt their supply networks. To set them against each other and set their friends against them, to ally with their enemies. To prosecute their leaders where at all possible and imprison them for life. To educate the population that theirs is an evil doctrine and is enemy to all that is common and decent in the world.


Or...we can spend $$$$ bombing the crap out of them so that the military industrial complex gets its orders, so that we kill more innocents as they do, destroy more property as they do. Cos that has worked so far right? All we do is underline Isis rhetoric that the West is hell bent on destroying their homes, religion and culture….because every time they drop a bomb it sure looks to me that we are. Imagine what it looks like on the ground, in th epress.

I want revenge too but look where it has got the middle East so far. Escalation begets escalation. lets work smarter.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by theslosty on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Don't post on here often but to compare the Provisionals to IS is way off the mark. There were 3 main groups of combatant forces in N.Ireland none much better than the other but none reached anything near the sheer barbarity of IS (possibly bar the loyalist Shankill Butcher gang).

There is also no comparison between the political process post-Thatcher that brought relative peace in NI than any which would solve the IS situation. Firstly they are so deeply rooted in their ideology than nothing other than complete annihilation of the West is satisfactory. Secondly there is no tradition of democracy in the region and education/poverty is far worse than in a war-torn NI. Thirdly there are too many vested interests (oil) and complex geopolitics in the Middle East for there to be a mutually acceptable agreement.

Military intervention will certainly not solve anything either and will only cause more bloodshed and feed the cycle of violence. It is hard to see a solution to the issue, sadly.
theslosty
theslosty

Posts : 902
Join date : 2012-05-02
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Hoonercat on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 am

According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Hoonercat

Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.
So, the SOHR is firmly embedded and operating freely in areas controlled by Daesh is it? Not so sure about that. I agree re. the efficacy of bombing alone, but that's a bit trite and uncorroborated.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8170
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Gwlad on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:55 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.
So, the SOHR is firmly embedded and operating freely in areas controlled by Daesh is it? Not so sure about that. I agree re. the efficacy of bombing alone, but that's a bit trite and uncorroborated.

Not user how we 'corroborate' bombing fatalities in Daesh held territory…Hoonercat your figures, care to comment?

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Hoonercat on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.
So, the SOHR is firmly embedded and operating freely in areas controlled by Daesh is it? Not so sure about that. I agree re. the efficacy of bombing alone, but that's a bit trite and uncorroborated.

They claim their most difficultly in recording deaths to be armed forces opposed to ISIS and government forces.
From the Washington Post:

SOHR claims to be able to account for 99% of all violence in Syria and provides video or photographic evidence in 70% of its cases. No death gets recorded unless there is an accompanying name. Its 150,000-plus-casualty figure is the one most often cited by the international media and NGO community, even though the number could be well above 220,000, SOHR’s director Rami Abdel-Rahman told Lebanon’s Daily Star.

Hoonercat

Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:17 am

Gwlad wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.

Maybe many of these civilians will be like the ones that have enjoyed or are enjoying Guantanimo...The ones who leave their Country and just happen to be fraternising with all this scum when they are captured...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Hoonercat wrote:According to Syrian Observatory For Human Rights, during the whole of 2015 ISIS killed 732 armed individuals and 1366 civilians.
In the 3 months since joining the war, Russia has killed 17 armed individuals and 832 civilians. Where's the outcry?

Well that makes the point beautifully.

By year end the figures should read 68 Isis and 3328 civilians, or a 1 in 50 conversion rate.

Not sure if the population of Syria has sufficient civilians, compared with Isis numbers, to do the job at that rate of return.

Maybe many of these civilians will be like the ones that have enjoyed or are enjoying Guantanimo...The ones who leave their Country and just happen to be fraternising with all this scum when they are captured...

Laugh the american way in a nutshell. Peace and freedom from oppression, justice, unless of course we're the criminals/murderers.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:25 am

Barry Goldwater - "Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice....."

No sympathy for anyone in Guantanimo.......

The cause has to be worth it though....Syria and Iraq weren't...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38644
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

What can we do about ISIS ??? - Page 10 Empty Re: What can we do about ISIS ???

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum