The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

+29
Danny_1982
YvonneT
laverfan
Belovedluckyboy
Josiah Maiestas
Calder106
TRuffin
Mad for Chelsea
alfie
LuvSports!
R!skysports
monty junior
kingraf
Haddie-nuff
kemet
barrystar
Aut0Gr4ph
temporary21
Guest82
CaledonianCraig
Duty281
HM Murdock
FedsFan
biugo
bogbrush
sirfredperry
prostaff85
Born Slippy
JuliusHMarx
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 2 Empty Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Jul 2015, 6:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:50 am

Well this us better. Both look like going through now. I really don't know who to pick. Fed maybe. I think they might beat each other up too much for Novak

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:51 am

and there's the set, more good aggression from Murray and he waltzes through a service hold to 15. Seems to have come out more aggressive after the roof closed.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:52 am

Will require a monumental effort from Popsicle now. Has been the comeback kid this tournament, but Murray a different proposition to Ward and Troicki.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:59 am

Freer hitting from Andy on all shots. What's needed

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:59 am

Agree with some that Murray doesn't seem to be hitting the heights so far this tournament, which is a worry with Fed looming. However, these things can be deceptive. Thought he looked great last year until the Dimi disaster. Also, there will probably be added pressure for Fed to deal with, as this could be his last realistic shot at a swan song slam.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:03 am

Simon not able to stop the slice and attack the bh.  The first 2 are nearly through

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:09 am

That's really quite a result from Federer. I know some predicted a clear win but Simon has been an issue for him in the past and that can't be overlooked.

Pity about the dropped service game but maybe a monkey off the back - but then he probably doesn't think like that.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:09 am

Tidy win for Federer. His progress has been so effortless that it's difficult to gauge how well he is playing. Not well enough to win it I suspect.

His thinning hair and the camera angle makes him look uncannily like Sampras in the BBC interview.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:10 am

Even Rogers hair is beginning to go sadly...  No lost hairs on that one. Though he did Pop his cherry so to speak on serve

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:12 am

He did well. The main question is that Simon can't attack that bh as well as Feds likely 2 next guys. How does that hold up

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:20 am

Ominous from Federer.

I didn't think he had a realistic chance of winning the title but I'm beginning to revise my opinion.

Going through Murray and Djokovic/Wawrinka for the title will be very tough but it's not looking insurmountable for him at present.

What a weapon that serve is.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:23 am

It is.  It's gotta probably go through the best neutralisers of it in the world. Should be good to see

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:26 am

You sense Popsicle is starting to tire here. Murray just needs to go for the jugular.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:28 am

Posposil is whacked by TVs on big points here. Shame but I guess he is slow

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:29 am

Federer really needs Stan to take out Djokovic, and that's assuming he can handle Murray.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:34 am

Popsicle docked a serve for continual dawdling. Wonder where he fits in to HE's infamous TV conspiracy theory?

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

He's done it.  Grat aggression at the end. That gives hope for a real classic of a semi

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:39 am

temporary21 wrote:Posposil is whacked by TVs on big points here. Shame but I guess he is slow
Yes, if there's one thing our TV 'research' has established, you have to be pretty damn slow for extended periods to get whacked. Wonder how many players have lost serves this year. Seems to be very rare indeed.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:40 am

bogbrush wrote:Federer really needs Stan to take out Djokovic, and that's assuming he can handle Murray.

I agree that I don't think he can beat Djoko in a best of five, particularly since he'll have to struggle past Murray first, but if it comes to it I think I'd have Stan as marginal favourite vs. him too on their recent form, even though it's on grass.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:42 am

Job done by Andy. Will need to go up a gear or two to beat Roger on Friday which I take it it will be the first match on Centre Court? I hope so as am working late afternoon/early evening.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:46 am

steady on everyone, Stan has to get past Gasquet first, 3-3 in the first so far Very Happy

much better from Murray after the roof closed, played with much more freedom, and had he been less profligate with BPs in the third would have got it done even sooner.

so far QFs going easily to seeding and form, was disappointed in Simon who played poorly I thought. Hope the next two give us something more competitive...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:48 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Job done by Andy. Will need to go up a gear or two to beat Roger on Friday which I take it it will be the first match on Centre Court? I hope so as am working late afternoon/early evening.
I'm hoping the exact opposite. Out at a client until mid-afternoon. Might have to do a bodge job if scheduling not in my favour.....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:48 am

Could be second cc.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:50 am

and on cue Gasquet breaks, would certainly make things interesting if he could nab the first set here...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:01 pm

temporary21 wrote:Could be second cc.

Well if these next two quarters go long into the evening surely logic dictates you give them as long as possible to recover. But there again since when does logic matter a jot in sceduling. Rolling Eyes
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm

The first set he has nabbed

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm

Stan is looking vulnerable in some matches, I doubt he could beat Federer - may have more chance against Djokovic due to match-up but on grass I think Federer gets to bamboozle him much more than he can on clay.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:15 pm

Novak breaks. Scary returning tbh.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm

Wawrinka is on it now
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:17 pm

Wawrinka throws the break away tio

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

Gasquet breaks back to 2-3, Wawrinka really hasn't settled so far today, offering up far too many UEs.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:21 pm

Guess I have to accept that Wawrinka isn't pulling off the RG-SW19 double. Sad
On to the USO
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:35 pm

Get in!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:35 pm

I'd say it's a 50/50 tossup between Fed and Murray . Problem for Fed if he wins is the recovery for the final though. He's shown continuously the past few years that he can hit peak level in the best of 5's, but it's the recovery for the next match that gets him often. Any long match with Murray will ruin him for the Final IMO.

Murray should be in better shape to handle a long 4 or 5 setter though.

damn aging.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:47 pm

Djokovic is hardly playing next level.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:48 pm

Well it is Cilic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:48 pm

Richie goes from 0-30 on the Wawrinka serve and then gets broken on his serve! mad

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:53 pm

Wawrinka is giving it the big kaboom.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:12 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:
Aut0Gr4ph wrote:What's the Gasquet-Wawrinka H2H like?
I was amazed to see that they have only played each other twice before!

It's 1-1.
Thanks HMM. For two players who must have been in and around the top twenty for donkeys years, that is staggering. Could just about understand if one of them was a clay court specialist with a clay dominated schedule, but that's not the case. Just a weird quirk, I guess.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

Novak breaks.  Fairly serene

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:33 pm

Stan throws the 4th away!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:34 pm

Bloody hell Stan.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:36 pm

That's 1 each in giving away sets with a double fault.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm

Stan on grass gives me horrific ulcers. It is like a rabbit going for a swim with crocs all over the perimeter of the water.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:56 pm

Wawrinka in a bit of trouble here.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:58 pm

Novak done in straights, no problems.  Stan in a hole

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:58 pm

Everything I have ever thought, said or wrote about Reechard I now take back.. I cant remember when I have ever seen him play so well.
I gave this match to Stan in three straight.. how wrong could I be Shocked

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 2:00 pm

Pulls through 2-2. Only real positive is that I can't imagine that this match has been altogether taxing, so if he pulls it off, Stan should still physically be good to go.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 2:04 pm

Gasquet is playing the better tennis. Wawrinka has the championship calibre. Tight
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 08 Jul 2015, 2:10 pm

Before the match I said Stan in 5. Now I think Gasquet.
He's more comfortable on grass and with him serving first he has a great chance.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next