The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury Takes Aim!!

+28
tunes666
Rowley
trottb
Scottrf
Mayweathers cellmate
RanjitPatel
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
3fingers
Knowsit17
compelling and rich
DuransHorse
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AdamT
lfc91
Marlonz
Tattie Scones RRN
Dipper Brown
dangerous_mouse
Lance
kingraf
Mr Bounce
mobilemaster8
Coxy001
jimdig
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
shenglong2015
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tyson Fury Takes Aim!! Empty Tyson Fury Takes Aim!!

Post by shenglong2015 Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:26 am

In the first Presser of many, Tyson Fury has hit out at Wlad Klitschko, stating "You have as much charisma as my underpants"

Well, what do you think?

Does Wlad have as much charisma as Fury's underpants?

Thoughts.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Takes Aim!! Empty Re: Tyson Fury Takes Aim!!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:56 am

Its what you put in those underpants that count.

My undies are very interesting indeed.

If Fury's underpants compare to Wlad's charisma then I guess looks can be deciving.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:45 am

Very Happy lol!!!

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 am

Haha

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:40 am

The underpants line was gold. He also stayed kinda respectful too.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:07 am

Says a lot if you find him funny. Guy is a bum, has scum for family and will get embarrassed.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 am

Yeh agree Coxy. Can't wait To see him physically knocked out in a few months time. It's on my birthday and I'm planning on going.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 am

Just seen this on Twitter:

Tyson Fury Takes Aim!! Fury%20Klitschko_zpsjb9fwkzs

Klitschko's belts: WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring.

Fury's belt: Matalan.

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 am

Fury's height advantage doesn't look much of an equaliser on a picture where they stand side by side.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Just seen this on Twitter:

Tyson Fury Takes Aim!! Fury%20Klitschko_zpsjb9fwkzs

Klitschko's belts: WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring.

Fury's belt: Matalan.

Saw another one.

"Fury looks like he was covered in glue and dragged backwards through primark"

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 am

Through the sale items and damaged stock bins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 am

Gonna be a boring build up. I expect a negative performance from Fury after all the talk. Watch him try and survive

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Says a lot if you find him funny.

Have to agree 100%.

Always baffled when people find him funny, Adrien Broner too. Its something a 10 year old would say.

Just read an article that quoted Fury on having a dig at wlad looking old, ironic as Fury looks like he's well up in his 40's.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:14 pm

From the photo above it looks like fury is starting the camp almost trim for a change.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 pm

jimdig wrote:From the photo above it looks like fury is starting the camp almost trim for a change.

Doesn't matter if he came in looking like RJJ on roids, he's still going to end up getting sparked or at the very least heavily tonked on.

He'll probably come out with 'my dads harder than your dad' line soon. Such is his mental age & IQ level.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Although I don't think he's the wittiest man ever to put on a pair of boxing gloves, it does amuse me slightly how none of Fury's opponents seem to know how to take him. It was funny seeing Haye realise 'I don't know how to talk to this guy' during their press conferences.

He plays the fool but I'd rather watch an interview with him (or Haye for that matter) than AJ or Floyd. Much more natural.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:27 pm

"A fighter like me only only comes along every 1000 years".

Thank fck.

It is mildly amusing though in a cringeworthy suicidal way....

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:22 am

kingraf wrote:Fury's height advantage doesn't look much of an equaliser on a picture where they stand side by side.
I know. Either Wlad is not 6' 5.5" as he claims or Tyson is considerably under 6' 9". Either way, there's no significant difference between them. My first thought was that Wlad looked the more imposing, physically. Fury actually went as far as to call Wlad "small" and a natural cruiser weight at the press conference!! Even by Fury's standards that is hard to fathom.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:42 am

People getting a bit to excited about that picture. Bottom line, come fight night, Fury will be: Taller, Heavier and have a longer reach. Quite possibly the only 3 departments he will have superior to Wlad. (And the weight isn't necessarily a positive thing...)

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:48 am

Lance wrote:Gonna be a boring build up. I expect a negative performance from Fury after all the talk. Watch him try and survive
Sadly, I think that might be the case too - from both fighters. Wlad won't want to give Fury anything and Fury won't want to risk looking a fool after all the trash talking he's done, particularly at the press conference, so both men will be tentative. I say this because of the way Haye fought negatively for the exact same reason and Wlad, in return also fought negatively after Haye's trash talking clearly rattled him. Let's not kid ourselves, Tyson DID wind Wlad up when he went off on him yesterday. Hope I'm wrong.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:51 am

lfc91 wrote:People getting a bit to excited about that picture. Bottom line, come fight night, Fury will be: Taller, Heavier and have a longer reach. Quite possibly the only 3 departments he will have superior to Wlad. (And the weight isn't necessarily a positive thing...)
I saw the face off and there really was'nt much difference. There was more of height diff between Wach and Klitschko. Though Wach obviously less skilled than Tyson, but clearly has a better chin and hits harder.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:58 am

Don't see the height having any bearing on the final result to be honest (Whether it is 1 inch or 3). Smart money is on Wlad KO.(Probably second half of the fight if he is cautious). Would love to see Fury just go Gung Ho and throw the kitchen sink at him from the first bell. Early KO either way but maybe Fury's best chance of upsetting the odds!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 am

There is a good 3 inches difference.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 am

Tbf Wlad did bait him a little yesterday about the self uppercut. Can see wlad winding him up as the weeks go on to see the reaction he gets. Cant see it being to hard and it will sell the fight a bit so why not
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:49 am

AdamT wrote:There is a good 3 inches difference.
Or maybe a bad 3 inches judging by the head on photo of them standing on the pitch.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:56 am

Marlonz wrote:
Or maybe a bad 3 inches judging by the head on photo of them standing on the pitch.

On a video on youtube, he looked much taller. Granted that picture doesn't show more than 2!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am

I will start by clarifying that I don't give Fury much of a chance, he just doesn't look polished enough to make Wlad pay for any mistakes or weaknesses.

However, Wlad has this tendency to win the pre-fight phycology by defusing any anger or motivation from his opponents by being so bland and unthreatening in the build-ups to his fights.  I know he baited Fury a bit but look at how he responded, calling himself an old man and looking defenceless and passive. He also knows Fury quite well as he invites many young heavyweight hopefuls into camp early in their careers, it's like an early way of getting into their mind-set and putting them in their place early. Wlad becomes like a distant friend who will keep in touch with his opponents after the fight and wishes them 'all the best for the future'.  For him this works well, he want's it to be a subdued, tactical and skilled fight with textbook punches thrown without anger or hate.  He wants to it to be at a relaxed rhythm and pace where he can work behind the jab and pick and chose his moments.

Fury doesn't want to be lulled into a sleepwalk for 12 rounds against a guy that paints such a nice and unthreatening picture.  He wants to keep the hate.  Fury wants to find everything Wlad does to be so irritating he wants to go to war with him for every minute of every round.  When Fury said it is personal that is exactly what Wlad doesn't want as it makes any opponent unpredictable.  Fury needs to be unpredictable as his boxing skill alone won't be enough on this head-to-head.  

I hope Fury doesn't rely on the same Jab he has used to good effect against Chisora and Hammer, he won't win that way as Wlads a lot taller than either and has the better Jab of the two.  Fury needs to get himself into the very best shape possible and then make it personal and physical in the ring.

I hope Fury can do it and will be watching this one.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:47 am

It isnt going to be hate that ends Klitschkos long reign at the top, its going to be someone thats good.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:19 am

Coxy001 wrote:
jimdig wrote:From the photo above it looks like fury is starting the camp almost trim for a change.

Doesn't matter if he came in looking like RJJ on roids, he's still going to end up getting sparked or at the very least heavily tonked on.

He'll probably come out with 'my dads harder than your dad' line soon. Such is his mental age & IQ level.

his dad is a hard man to be fair, bare knuckle boxer known around these parts

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:40 am

AdamT wrote:
Marlonz wrote:

On a video on youtube, he looked much taller. Granted that picture doesn't show more than 2!
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I really didn't see 3 inches difference in the head to head video, Fury is actually closer to the camera too -

Of course Fury has the edge in height. But an argument that is oft used to downgrade Wlad's performances is that he "only wins because he's tall" or "only wins because he is bigger than his opponents", etc. Now it's "Fury is massive compared to Wlad", "Easily 3 inches taller, bigger, heavier, longer reach". I'm not saying Wlad should be free from criticism, just in the interests of fairness this needs pointing out.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 am

It would probably be highly misled to assert that Wlad's height is all he has going for him. But he does use it to great effect against the majority of his opponents. The idea of him punching upwards for a change is somewhat interesting.

Out of interest, when is the last time he fought somebody matching or surpassing him in height?

Of course, the same could be said of Fury. And, in the same breath, he obviously hasn't fought anyone with Wlad's power. New ground for the chin.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 am

Blar blar blar. Not even an interesting fight. Another Heavyweight mismatch. Fury KO'd before the end of the fourth.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 am

I like Fury to give Klitschko fits - Wlad HATES being hit, and Fury will hit him - perhaps not consistently and in fluid combination but he'll land more than anyone has in years. The jab and grab won't work as effectively here - Klitschko is likely to be the man backing up and countering (and looking to land big hooks).

Fury has to work hard. He doesn't need to land big shots - merely keep pecking and poking as Klitschko won't like that one bit. He's grown used to finishing fights unscathed.

Ultimately, Klitschko is likely to win by landing something huge (it's a shame Fury wasn't in a position to request VADA testing) but Fury will come out of it with credit - I firmly believe that.

And as for the banter: he's a real breath of fresh air next to most sportsmen (never mind fighters). I've been chuckling all day at some of his comments - he's an original.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:01 am

3fingers wrote:Blar blar blar.  Not even an interesting fight. Another Heavyweight mismatch. Fury KO'd before the end of the fourth.

This, it isn't going to be a contest and there is nothing funny about Fury's playground 'banter', he says the kind of things that if it were your mates down the pub you'd look at them with a dumbfounded stare.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:02 am

I hope Fury enjoys his time in the spotlight. It will be back to fighting taxi drivers and trolling the internet afterwards

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:06 am

Fury has character and is a character. More of a ha ha than a lol with some of his ramblings but he is a funny guy none the less. There's some really, boring miseries on here.

Fight wise I'd be surprised if it lasted to the end of the third. wlad will open up as he will know Furys chin is weak but also will know not to take liberties. I hope the majority of the boxing world and I are wrong and Fury wins. Can't even imagine it though.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 am

Not sure how not finding schoolyard humour funny means people are boring, it's the lowest common denominator and have to say i'm far too evolved for that sort of garbage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:39 am

RanjitPatel wrote:Fury has character and is a character. More of a ha ha than a lol with some of his ramblings but he is a funny guy none the less. There's some really, boring miseries on here.

Fight wise I'd be surprised if it lasted to the end of the third. wlad will open up as he will know Furys chin is weak but also will know not to take liberties. I hope the majority of the boxing world and I are wrong and Fury wins. Can't even imagine it though.

You can't help laugh along with him - charismatic fellow when he's not in nihilistic mode.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:10 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
3fingers wrote:Blar blar blar.  Not even an interesting fight. Another Heavyweight mismatch. Fury KO'd before the end of the fourth.

This, it isn't going to be a contest and there is nothing funny about Fury's playground 'banter', he says the kind of things that if it were your mates down the pub you'd look at them with a dumbfounded stare.

Don't think I'd want to be best buds with someone who punches people in the face for a living to be honest. Never really understood why fans take a boxers personality to heart. Majority of them are first class A-holes.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:11 am

Where has the idea Fury has a weak chin come from? I'd bet on Fury's chin over any of the current champs.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:20 am

Getting dropped by a non punching Cruiserweight might have something to do with it, Wlad has however been dropped and stopped by genuine Heavyweight punchers.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am

Dipper Brown wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Don't think I'd want to be best buds with someone who punches people in the face for a living to be honest. Never really understood why fans take a boxers personality to heart. Majority of them are first class A-holes.

I find the opposite to be true actually. Every fighter I've ever met - almost to a man - has been a canny fella. It takes character to fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Where has the idea Fury has a weak chin come from? I'd bet on Fury's chin over any of the current champs.

His chin is fine - when he's been hurt he's had his hands down by his side. Peter Fury has largely rectified that. Anyone who gives a heavyweight a free shot is likely to catch trouble.

If his chin was poor he'd have been kayoed by now.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:35 am

As Chris says (almost), if he sets himself up southpaw and fires that jab out like he did against chisora, then he can at least make a fight of it. Likely result is always a wlad ko win, but wlad could as easily stink the place out in no risk mode and avoid conflict.

Fury brings unpredictable to the table, meaning a wlad fight will be worth a watch.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Getting dropped by a non punching Cruiserweight might have something to do with it, Wlad has however been dropped and stopped by genuine Heavyweight punchers.
A big over hand right bang on the chin is going to drop any HW. Fury getting up and fighting on like nothing happened is the sign of a good chin for me. I reckon he can take serious amounts of punishment.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 am

It took him four rounds to recover and no Heavyweight with a chin would get dropped by a light hitting Cruiserweight; Cunningham is no big hitter.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:31 am

A big over hand right from a HW can drop any other HW. Fury walked onto Cunningham's best shot and got back up like nothing happened.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:40 am

Keep repeating the same line and you might even start believing it yourself.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote: A big over hand right from a HW can drop any other HW. Fury walked onto Cunningham's best shot and got back up like nothing happened.

But Cunningham is NOT a HW! That's the point he's driving at. He's a cruiser who had little power at 200 pounds let alone up a division. Pajkic was a small HW with a 27% KO ratio and also dropped Fury heavily. Yes, Tyson showed good powers of recovery, but that was against light punchers who were unable to follow up. IF Wlad lands a flush left hook or big right hand, there's a very real possibility Fury won't be getting back up. Even if he does, the chance of Wlad letting him off the hook or being unable to follow up is slim. Moreover, Wlad has recent KO's vs guys with good chins - Thompson, Pulev and had Wach - a guy as big as Fury and arguably a bigger puncher - really intimidated by his power. Yes, Wlad has been dropped and stopped but all 3 guys were genuine punchers, even then, he was saved by the ref vs Sanders - not KO'd cold, gassed out vs Brewster and avenged that with a KO of his own. I still think it's a worrying sign for Fury.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 pm

jimdig wrote:As Chris says (almost), if he sets himself up southpaw and fires that jab out like he did against chisora, then he can at least make a fight of it. Likely result is always a wlad ko win, but wlad could as easily stink the place out in no risk mode and avoid conflict.

Fury brings unpredictable to the table, meaning a wlad fight will be worth a watch.

I seriously doubt that Fury's recent employment of the jab will work against Wlad. Against any small guy I would be saying 'same again please' but unless they make that a more serious weapon I only see Wlad beating him at that game. The jab on show against Chisora and Hammer did a good job in capitalising on a big reach advantage but was not a world class jab. OK, Fury can go southpaw, however I would bet any money on it that Wlad could too and to the same standard against the same opponents if he so desired. There is fighting southpaw by name and there is being a proper southpaw.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next