The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United News Thread!

+50
hampo17
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
westisbest
Driver
Teej
Liam
GSC
azania
dyrewolfe
d260005p
lorus59
newballs
Don Caboose
johnson2
Clunge4life
wwinterj
ian_jamsie
The Special Juan
Josiah Maiestas
Celtic Warrior
Thomond
Corporalhumblebucket
Mat
Mr H
Small Time
liverbnz
Lumbering_Jack
Beer
ncfc_Tooze
davidl1061
sodhat
AberdeenSteve
monty junior
JDandfries
packofwolves
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
Kay Fabe
fantantonio
Liam_Main
Gregers
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Geordie
Fernando
Young_Towzer
54 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Newcastle United News Thread! - Page 21 Empty Newcastle United News Thread!

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 9:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Toon fan in peace here, who would the fans like to see us buy and who are realistic targets for us?, i've made a few suggestions, opinions?.

Lewis McGugan - N.Forest
Shane Long - Reading
Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea - (Loan)
Jason Puncheon - Southampton
Kevin Doyle - Wolves
Demba Ba - West Ham
Mark Noble - West Ham
Nicky Maynard - Bristol City
Grant Holt - Norwich City
Roger Johnson - Birmingham City
Oba Martins - Whoever he's at !
Charles Nzogbia - Wigan
Hugo Rodallega - Wigan
Niko Kranjcar - Spurs
Giovanni - Spurs
Matthew Upson - West Ham
Taiwo - Marseille

Cheers
Steven.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United News Thread! - Page 21 Empty Re: Newcastle United News Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:33 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/exclusive-newcastles-star-talentspotter-on-brink-as-joe-kinnear-sparks-walkout-8665925.html

Graham Carr's future at Newcastle United is in doubt after another day of drama at the trouble-torn club.

Carr, the influential chief scout who was given an unprecedented eight-year contract this time last year, is considering following managing director Derek Llambias out of the exit at St James' Park.

Llambias announced his resignation at nine o'clock this morning following the appointment of former manager Joe Kinnear as the club's new director of football. "I have had an incredible journey during my five years at the club, including some challenging times," he said. "I will reflect with great fondness on my time in the North-east. I want to thank the staff for their hard work and our fans for their support of the club."

The Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, has, as The Independent revealed on Tuesday, vowed to fight to hold on to his position. Pardew gave his first public statement since Kinnear's appointment when he said: "I am staying, to take the club up the league." His resolve has hardened since Kinnear's appointment.

Pardew's position has been undermined, with the director of football set to be given an office at the club's Benton training ground. The manager was aware that the club were considering creating such a position last summer. At that point it was felt that Carr's influence was such that the chief scout effectively held the role without the title. Kinnear's arrival has, however, been with a remit to troubleshoot as a more powerful figure than either Pardew or Carr and to report directly to owner, Mike Ashley.

On Monday, Kinnear raised questions over Newcastle's long-standing interest in Douglas, the Brazilian defender who is available on a free transfer, after his contract ran down at the Dutch side FC Twente. Carr was unhappy at the intervention and is believed to be considering his future.

The 68-year-old Geordie had been hailed as an expert talent spotter as he raided Europe, and mainly France, to unearth the kind of cut-price, rising stars Ashley saw as the way forward for Newcastle. Carr helped the club land Cheick Tioté, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye for the combined total of just £14m and, when they finished the 2011-12 Premier League season in fifth place, was seen as key to that success. Carr also played a key role in the arrival of Moussa Sissoko and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa earlier this year.

However, Ashley was so furious with what he saw as a failure across the board last season as Newcastle were dragged into a relegation struggle that he has given Kinnear complete control at the club.

Ashley has backed more than £40m in transfer spending in the last year. It is unlikely he will sanction more new money being spent and Kinnear has admitted already he has the authority to sell any players he believes are "not Newcastle".

Pardew is expected to be in charge for the start of pre-season training. The odds on Kinnear succeeding him had dropped to 3-1, with Gus Poyet second favourite.

Good god
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

Truly shocking. We`ve been scouting him for years and now blocking this deal, when a free transfer is ridiculous. Would not surprise me to see Carr leave. Embarrassing for the club, who would want to join such a farsical setup. Reason Kin near does not know anything about these players is because he's been sat on his *** for three years doing nothing and never even seen at an EPL or European game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

Graham Carr leaving = Newcastle's time in the Premier League over. You'll be getting Joe Kinnear players instead of quality players picard

Again, I feel so sorry for you lot. Mike Ashley should be publicly stoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

Kinnear is so out of date its embarrassing. The mispronounced names, blatant lying and now blocking transfers of the well respected Graham Carr is just too much, even Shearer`s getting in on the slating of Kinnear. 

Kinnear is old school and very limited in his knowledge of players nowadays, why do you think we are after Darren Bent? That took a vast amount of scouting didn't it  Joe? Ashley has be fooled by our woes last year, he heard about `too many French and he`s gone and done something about it by listening to the made up words of Kinnear about how successful he's been at signing talented players. Ashley is a bell***!

We can't compete domestically, hence why we went to Europe.....it was working, only Europa league and injuries killed us. Now Kinnear will look for domestic, old players he knows about with experience, something Carr could of done easily along with his scouting in Europe. Shambles, no wonder Llambias left immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

Obviously the name mistakes isn't the main issue with Kinnear, but it is funny that he is getting ripped apart for that when the most infamous for getting people's names wrong was Newcastle legend Sir Bobby Robson.

My favourite Bobby Robson mistake was when he greeted Bryan Robson as Bobby, Bryan Robson then saying: "I'm Bryan, you're Bobby." Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 6:05 pm

The clear out is underway. Gosling, abeid and the never seen amalfitano have been told you move on. Also if a bidding war starts for bony then we are pulling out of a deal. Bent or bony? Cheap vs expensive, proven vs unproven, English vs African nations player.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

The Newcastle Circus has began again. Its utterly farsical.

Gosling, Abeid and Amalfitano...yeah glad they're on their way. I do want to see a predominantly british squad, but losing Carr could be a major blow.

Im still struggling with Joe Kinnear. Ok i could just about put up with a DOR, if it was someone hugely influential and successful and with full up to date knowledge of the game inside out.

But why on earth Joe Kinner would be considered...i just have no idea...then to slate the fans for being thick, and insult all the players by not knowing their names...well that just smacks of rude, and deliberately annoying them. maybe that was the plan...to make the annoyed to leave.

My favourite Bobby Robson mistake was when he greeted Bryan Robson as Bobby, Bryan Robson then saying: "I'm Bryan, you're Bobby."

My favorite was Shola being interviewed...what does Bobby usually call you..."Carl Cort".

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21