The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hulk Hogan Sacked

+9
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Hero
RinoGattuso
Kay Fabe
kingraf
Dolphin Ziggler
dyrewolfe
dallym
Unbeliever
13 posters

Go down

Hulk Hogan Sacked Empty Hulk Hogan Sacked

Post by Unbeliever Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:57 pm

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-terminates-contract-with-hulk-hogan-27695748

Allegedly due to a racist rant. With the PC culture surrounding the WWE could he, should he, be given a chance to come back in the future?

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan Sacked Empty Re: Hulk Hogan Sacked

Post by dallym Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:20 am

a racist rant during a sex tape Sad

more of a heel turn than that time he teamed up with the Outsiders

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:22 pm

I read this is actually quite old news - that is it happened a number of years ago, but has only just been leaked, for some reason.

Given their main target audience, they need to be seen to be squeaky clean, so I'd be surprised if they invited him back. Also, he's well over 60 now, so how relevant is he to their business...regardless of how much of a legend he is in the industry?

I'd say theres more chance of him returning to TNA... Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:55 pm

8 years ago. 

In the social spectrum of today they couldn't be seen to even give him an inch of forgiveness. The #blacklivesmatter and other issues on Twitter.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Given the fact that Seinfeld guy basically got blacklisted for calling those guys who heckled him "n**gers. I think You'd probably have to go back a ways for this not too have ended badly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 am

The N word is the most offensive word on the planet, I've never found it acceptable, I'm the very last guy you'll hear with faux outrage but using that word in thia day and age and by that I mean since Youtube was born (2005 onwards) its just a complete no no, I cant even imagine an instance whetr it'd be acceptable, not even black guy to black guy, I find the term makes me uneasy as I'm aware of its connotations

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 am

Kay Fabe wrote:The N word is the most offensive word on the planet, I've never found it acceptable, I'm the very last guy you'll hear with faux outrage but using that word in thia day and age and by that I mean since Youtube was born (2005 onwards) its just a complete no no, I cant even imagine an instance whetr it'd be acceptable, not even black guy to black guy, I find the term makes me uneasy as I'm aware of its connotations

I'd argue with that.

There are plenty of other words used as slurs which various people can find equally offensive. I speak as someone of mixed heritage (British-Asian) who has been racially abused on a number of occasions and I would say it doesn't matter what your ethnic origins are...Asian, Jewish, whatever...or even your sexual orientation. If you are the subject of abuse, any of those words we all know are used can be equally hurtful.

Furthermore, while that sort of behaviour shouldn't be condoned, especially by people in the public eye, (in the name of general decency), if some of those people are comfortable with the words in a private setting, I don't see that it is an issue...they are only words after all. I'd say physical violence, whether racially motivated or otherwise, is far worse (sticks and stones etc.).

As to the connotations of the N-word, the African slave trade officially ceased a hell of a long time ago. After a certain time you just have to let things go.

Besides, you are aware that slavery still exists...even in the UK, with Eastern Europeans being forcibly removed from their homes and made to work in other countries...notably in the sex trade?

Sadly, slavery isn't unique to Africans. As a matter of fact, they would often capture early explorers of the continent and enslave them.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:33 am

The problem isnt the n-word... It's the fact that even if you replaced with "African American males", you still have an incredibly racist rant. Like I said in the other thread, Hogan comes off as a vile human being when the lights are off. The comments he made about his son's friend who was vegetated were appalling. Karma's a bitch. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:29 am

I remember a few years ago, a news report had a poll, about which word was more offensive, cracker or the N word, well they said the N word instead of n*gger so that was pointless.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm

After a 12-year absence, patriotic muscleman Mr. America has made a surprise return to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), vowing to “fight for the rights of every man.”

Wearing his signature stars-and-stripes mask — wispy blonde hair draping his neck and a fu manchu moustache flanking his chin — the leather-skinned wrestler burst onto the scene at a WWE event last night in Topeka.

Mr. America’s return seems to conspicuously coincide with the abrupt, unexplained departure from WWE of Hulk Hogan, who shares a similar physique, mannerisms, and speech patterns.

Mr. America denies, however, any allegations that he is connected to Hogan: “Well let me tell you something, brother,” he said, “Mr. America is going to run wild all over the WWE, totally unrelated to anyone named Hogan.”

Mr. America is scheduled to appear as a guest judge this week on Tough Enough.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Kayfabenews is sometimes very good

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 pm

I know I shouldn't laugh....but have you seen some of the retweets he has been doing?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I know I shouldn't laugh....but have you seen some of the retweets he has been doing?

Yes I have brother, HH.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Personally, I dont think the word in of itself is offensive, its just a word. Same with any racial or homophobic slur. CONTEXT is what makes a word offensive and disgusting.

Booker T dropping the NBomb - A cultural thing of black Americans, inappropriate but not racist.

Vince McMahon using it to John Cena - An out of touch white man playing an out of touch white character. Probably inappropriate but no different to seeing it used in films like American History X.

Hulk Hogan used it in the disgusting, racist nature that is completely unacceptable.

However, if WWE are going to start distancing themselves from racists they've got a long list to get through.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 pm

I agree with Samo, it is all about context. Granted, a white guy should be really sure that he has his context right if saying it, especially in public.

Words are not offensive unless you have context to go with it. Otherwise I can just create a random word and tell you that you are all froding bunch of frods and you should all frod off.

Is there any hidden agenda in the timing of all this? Why now?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:50 pm

The word is offensive. The context it is used in may to an extent mitigate that, but the word is still highly offensive. It may be that when it is used by some African Americans, it is because they are "reclaiming" the word, but that in and of itself concedes that clearly the word is highly offensive.

I don't believe there are ifs and buts and aaahs here. Everyone knows this. Hogan knows this and he still chose to go there and even his words suggest he's ready to be judged on it.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

TwisT wrote:I agree with Samo, it is all about context. Granted, a white guy should be really sure that he has his context right if saying it, especially in public.

Words are not offensive unless you have context to go with it. Otherwise I can just create a random word and tell you that you are all froding bunch of frods and you should all frod off.

Is there any hidden agenda in the timing of all this? Why now?
Dont think it was in public though! Still doesnt make it right!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 pm

No true. It is certainly a word that would be better off wiped off the face of the earth. As people have said, he didn't just say it......it was a really racist rant. For that reason the N word isn't the worst thing he said.

It isn't a loss if he disappears from view now.

Hogan doesn't know best obviously.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Some of his retweets are getting funnier and funnier.

Purple Aki is on there now!! Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 pm

I have some sympathy considering he was majorly depressed and had issues. The bitter and depressed mind can repress a lot of social limits.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down