The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandrews touring with his band, Junior

3 posters

Go down

Mandrews touring with his band, Junior Empty Mandrews touring with his band, Junior

Post by Adam D Mon 27 Jul 2015, 1:54 pm

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/07/mandrews-to-tour-the-uk-with-his-band-junior.html

Mandrews touring with his band, Junior 6962171

Forget about Jericho and Fozzy, the next generation of wrestling/ pop-punk cross over is set to go on their most ambitious tour of the UK yet.

Mark Andrews, known to wrestling fans as Mandrews is set to return to the UK with his band Junior. Having won the TNA British Bootcamp season 2, Mark is keen to not only return to the UK with TNA in early 2016 but also take part in Juniors British tour later this year.

Junior – who have been compared to Blink 182, All Time Low and Neck Deep – will play dates around the country in August, including shows in Telford, Birmingham, Cambridge, Brighton, Bournemouth and Mark’s hometown of Cardiff.

The 23-year-old will then visit the UK again in January 2016 as part of the huge TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT 8 Tour. Mark will star on arena shows in Manchester, London and Birmingham alongside wrestling icons including Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Lashley, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Taryn Terrell and TNA World Heavyweight Champion EC3.

Tickets for the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT 8 Tour, including an exclusive new VIP experience, are on sale NOW viawww.gigsandtours.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk

More details and ticket information for THE ROAD TO JUNIORLAND TOUR can be found atwww.facebook.com/musicofjunior

Mark started playing music at 12-years-old, just one year before he began wrestling – and has achieved incredible success in both.

The bassist/vocalist formed Junior in January 2014 with fellow Welshmen Matt Attard (21) and Si Martin (24). The band has won over fans and critics alike thanks to a dynamic, mature sound – with anticipation building for the September release of the JUNIORLAND EP.

In January 2015, after seven years travelling Europe and America on the independent wrestling scene, Mark won the Challenge TV series TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp 2 and a full-time IMPACT WRESTLING contract. He now lives in Ohio, but the distance hasn’t stopped the band releasing both original music and cover versions.

Mark said: “Touring with wrestling, and performing in front of different crowds, is my favourite thing to do. I love being part of the big arena shows in the UK with TNA. But I also enjoy the independent scene – spending 10 weeks in a foreign country sleeping on floors.

“This will be the first time I get to tour as a musician, so I’m really excited for the new experience. I'm hoping we can attract some of my wrestling fans to come and check out our music, as I know the TNA UK wrestling fanbase is an incredibly loyal one!”

THE ROAD TO JUNIORLAND TOUR DATES:

Saturday August 8                  Telford – The Haygate 

Monday August 10                 Birmingham – The Victoria

Wednesday August 12           Cambridge – The Cornerhouse 

Saturday August 15                Cardiff – Buffalo Bar (acoustic show)

Sunday August 16                  Brighton – The Hope and Run

Monday August 17                 Bournemouth – The Anvil

Wednesday August 19           Cardiff – Undertone

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Mandrews touring with his band, Junior Empty Re: Mandrews touring with his band, Junior

Post by Prometheus Mon 27 Jul 2015, 1:58 pm

Adam D wrote:

Mark Andrews, known to wrestling fans as Mandrews

Not this one. Its the worst name in the world.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Mandrews touring with his band, Junior Empty Re: Mandrews touring with his band, Junior

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 01 Aug 2015, 2:16 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Mark Andrews, known to wrestling fans as Mandrews

Not this one.  Its the worst name in the world.  

Seconded!

Maybe TNA can hire Junior as a house band...give the fans a bit of a show after the wrestling's done...or maybe as show openers?

I bet WWE don't do that. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down