The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

+26
international198
Blueschief
demosthenes
Stone Motif
Coleman
PhilBB
RiscaGame
True Raven
Marshes
eirebilly
ScarletSpiderman
Chunky Norwich
VinceWLB
mikey_dragon
wayne
Cardiff Dave
SecretFly
BamBam
Seagultaf
munkian
2ndtimeround
Hazel Sapling
LordDowlais
maestegmafia
George Carlin
BuzzScarlet
30 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  Empty The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 12 Aug 2015, 5:30 am

Come on bois.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  Empty Re: The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 6:31 pm

N'ah to be honest I'd rather go on the Scarlets fans forum to discuss the Scarlets with people of a similar mind set.

But I can give you some key topics to talk about-:

-Liam Williams is a dirty sod

-The fans are whingers

-The BBC/S4C are one-eyed towards us in their commentary

-The fans are whingers

-The team should be ditched as they have no money

-The fans are whingers

-The Scarlets are dire and wont make the top six (even if we are in the top 6 and clear by 5-10pts)

-The fans are whingers

-The fixtures at the end of the season favour the Scarlets (lets forget that we played the harder teams earlier in the season)

-oh and the fans are whingers.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  Empty Re: The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/7429.php#.Vcsc1E3bK72 wrote: Scarlets today confirmed that the newest innovation at Parc y Scarlets is ready for business in time for the launch of the Guinness PRO12 campaign.

After months of planning and building work Parc y Scarlets is now home to a state of the art hypoxic chamber, which will push the players to their physical and mental limits. Last month Scarlets announced a new partnership that sees the region putting US based Sparta Performance Science's pioneering software, SpartaTrac, to the test in West Wales.

Today's announcement is further testament to the region's continuous, and long-term, investment in the environment at Parc y Scarlets.

The final block of the region's pre-season training regime will see Scarlets players reaching the dizzy heights of 5,500 metres above sea level, higher than Everest Base Camp without leaving West Wales' terra firma, to ensure that the players are at their physical peak and fulfilling their maximum potential as another season gets underway.

The hypoxic altitude chamber, traditionally utilised by endurance athletes, will allow the Scarlets to improve performance as well as allow help injured players with their recovery and rehabilitation programmes.

The technology linked to altitude training represents the most advanced, natural performance enhancing tools available for improving all facets of performance, most notably fitness, recovery, and rehabilitation. By reducing the amount of oxygen in the air, it forces the cardio-respiratory systems to work even harder to deliver sufficient oxygen to working muscles.

Speaking about the latest innovation introduce at Parc y Scarlets, Huw Davies, Scarlets Head of Strength and Conditioning said; "Training in the hypoxic environment created by the chamber will result in physiological adaptations which should enhance the fitness levels of our players dramatically."

"The addition of the hypoxic chamber will allow us to increase our training efficiency and density which will lead to better performances across the board."

Scarlets Chief Operations Officer and General Manager of Rugby Jon Daniels said: "Once again we must thank our board of directors for their foresight and commitment in investing in the rugby environment. Just like the Sparta Software this initiative will benefit the Scarlets for years to come.

"Not only is it one of the largest Hypoxic Chambers in the UK, but we also believe the Scarlets will be the only rugby club in the UK to have this facility at its playing and training facility. Our vision is to create a Centre for Performance Excellence at Parc y Scarlets and this summer's developments are two significant steps towards achieving that aim."

So theoretically we should see the side being the fittest and strongest we have had.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:38 pm

Oh squad for the coming season

Prop
Rob Evans, Rhodri Jones, Samson Lee, Phil Jones, Peter Edwards, Will Taylor, Dylan Evans, Wyn Jones, Ben Leung

Hooker
Ken Owens, Emyr Phillips, Kirby Myhill, Ryan Ellias

Locks
Jake Ball, George Earle, Richard Kelly, Lewis Rawlings, Tom Price, Jack Payne

Backrow
John Barclay, Aaron Shingler, James Davies, Rob McCusker, Morgan Allen, Jack Condy, Morgan Allen, Will Boyde, Phil Day

Scrum Halves
Gareth Davies, Aled Davies, Rhodri Jones, Connor Lloyd

Fly Halves
Steve Shingler, Aled Thomas, Josh Lewis

Centres
Scott Williams, Regan King, Hadleigh Parkes, Steff Hughes

Back Three
DTH Van Der Merwe, Harry Robinson, Michael Tagicakibau, Jordan Williams, Steffan Evans, Gareth Owen, Liam Williams, Tom Williams (loan from Blues)

(Bold = Capped, Italic = NWQ)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:40 pm

Wayne Pivac (Head Coach)
Byron Heywood (Defence Coach)
Steve Jones (Backs Coach)
Ioan Cunningham (Forwards Coach)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm

August 2015
Sat 15 Aug 14:30 F Jersey v Scarlets
Fri 21 Aug 19:00 F Newport Gwent Dragons v Scarlets
Sat 29 Aug 14:30 F Scarlets v Bedford Blues

September 2015
Sat 5 Sep 17:15 PRO12 Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Sat 12 Sep 15:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Ulster Rugby

October 2015
Sun 4 Oct 15:00 PRO12 Zebre Rugby v Scarlets
Fri 16 Oct 19:35 PRO12 Scarlets v Leinster Rugby
Fri 23 Oct 19:05 PRO12 Scarlets v Munster Rugby
Fri 30 Oct 18:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Newport Gwent Dragons

November 2015
Fri 6 Nov 19:35 PRO12 Leinster Rugby v Scarlets
Sun 29 Nov 14:30 PRO12 Scarlets v Zebre Rugby

December 2015
4/5/6 Dec 00:00 PRO12 Benetton Treviso v Scarlets
Sat 26 Dec 14:05 PRO12 Scarlets v Ospreys

January 2016
Fri 1 Jan 17:00 PRO12 Cardiff Blues v Scarlets
10/11/12 Jan 00:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Connacht Rugby
29/30/31 Jan 00:00 PRO12 Connacht Rugby v Scarlets

February 2016
12/13/14 Feb 00:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Edinburgh Rugby
19/20/21 Feb 00:00 PRO12 Ulster Rugby v Scarlets
26/27/28 Feb 00:00 PRO12 Edinburgh Rugby v Scarlets

March 2016
4/5/6 Mar 00:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Benetton Treviso
25/26/27 Mar 00:00 PRO12 Ospreys v Scarlets

April 2016
1/2/3 Apr 00:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Cardiff Blues
15/16/17 Apr 00:00 PRO12 Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors
29/30 Apr, 1 May 00:00 PRO12 Newport Gwent Dragons v Scarlets

May 2016
6/7/8 May 00:00 PRO12 Munster Rugby v Scarlets
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm

Scarlets 7s Squad 2015/16
Chris Banfield - Llandovery
Nathan Edwards - Llanelli
Iolo Evans - Carmarthen Quins
Ollie Hutchin - Carmarthen Quins
Connor Lloyd - Scarlets
Shaun Pearce - Scarlets Academy
Lee Rees - Llandovery
Will Thomas - Llandovery
Luke Treharne - Wales 7s
Jacob Unwin - Wales 7s
Aaron Warren - Llandovery
Richard Williams - Llanelli
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Thu 13 Aug 2015, 9:31 pm

Chunky, I don't think there's many of us Scarlets supporters left on this forum unfortunately. Not to confident for the season ahead and strangely I can't say I'm looking forward to this season as much as I normaly would be.

I hope the backs improve under Steven Jones this season that Steve Shingler can kick on a bit at 10. Hopefully Morgan Allen can solve our number 8 issue and with Wayne Pivac having a full pre season with the squad then maybe we can kick on and make the top 6 again, but again this is more in hope than expectation Sad

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Aug 2015, 9:43 pm

I felt last year that the Scarlets underachieved. With an international tight 5 (who let's face it are pretty good and all pushing for first choice) should never go backwards in the scrum. With two good open-sides as well you should be dominating certain teams up front. BTW, did Snyman go to Blues after? (that was the rumour).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:47 pm

I do agree with you Mikey that we did under achieve but it didn't help that we lost Ken Owens and Sampson Lee for large chunks of the season coupled with the fact that Rob Evans is still inexperienced to the pro game and we also suffered injuries to 2nd and 3rd choice front row players like Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill. With a bit more luck regarding injuries and a full pre season under Pivac I'm hoping we will improve up front for next season. As for Joe Snyman, he has joined Brive. Shame as I thought he was a good squad player but apparently his agent felt he was worth more than the Scarlets were willing to offer him.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Aug 2015, 11:13 pm

If Scarlets also hope to compete in the premier european competition then you could have probably done with more cover in the backs, maybe a marquee or ex international that cover fly-half and centre. Perhaps some back 3 cover as well (the names Steff Hughes and Robinson must make you shudder). Though I'm hoping from a Wales perspective that Jordan Williams is given more opportunity and can become a regular in your team.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Fri 14 Aug 2015, 12:01 am

If we've got our first choice 15 out we'd  trouble a lot of teams it's just our strength in depth that worries me. As you say, were light on back 3 options but with Liam Williams, Dth van der merwe and Robinson starting its not to bad it's just that to start the season Liam and DTH are away so the back 3 is a worry. I like the look of Steff Evans at full back or wing, think he'll be a very good player. As for Jordan Williams, huge talent but has no appetite for the physical side of rugby, so no matter how talent if you've got no guts then you're not going to last long on the rugby pitch.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I felt last year that the Scarlets underachieved. With an international tight 5

Who comprises this international tight 5?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:43 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I felt last year that the Scarlets underachieved. With an international tight 5  

Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Emyr Phillips, Samson Lee, Jake Ball - yes I know Earle or no other lock is capped but would you have preferred me to say 'tight 4' ?

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:43 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

WE could have fielded a handful internationals in the pack, and a few on the bench too

Rob Evans
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
George Earle (non capped)
Aaron Shingler
James Davies (should be capped mad )
Jonn Barclay

Bench -:
Phil John (non capped)
Emyr Phillips
Rhodri Jones
Lewis Rawlings (non capped)
Rob McCusker
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:45 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Rob Evans
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Jake Ball

Didn't start 1 game together last season. Even minus George Earle.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:46 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Rob Evans
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Jake Ball

Really? I hope they do this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:48 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Rob Evans
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Jake Ball

Really? I hope they do this season.

That's what the oversaturation of test rugby does to club rugby. Kills it.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:51 am

Infact, these players didn't start 1 match together last season:

2. Ken Owens
3. Samson Lee
4. Jake Ball

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Fri 14 Aug 2015, 1:54 am

Be nice to see the full side out together this season at some point but I won't hold my breath!

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Aug 2015, 6:16 pm

Chunky, I was trying to get across a 'potential' side as opposed to a historical one. After all our season was hamstrung by front row injuries. Ken, Samson, Rhodri all missed so much.

I'm hoping that we can get a full strength front row some time this season, but am not holding my breath. I have a feeling Samson will take a knock in the RWC and keep him out for a while. Also with the NDCs it is going to be hit and miss who plays between Rhodri and Samson when fit anyway.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 14 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

Can't disagree with that. I was just pointing out to anyone that thinks we should be doing better because of all our internationals, that they hardly ever play for us due to the demands of test rugby.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Aug 2015, 11:44 pm

Team Vrs Jersey

Steff Evs
Tom Willaims *
Regan King
Gareth Owen
Hadleigh Parkes (Capt)
Aled Thomas
Aled Davies

Dyaln Evans *
Kirby Myhill
Will Taylor
George Earle
Tom Price *
Tom Phillips *
James Davies
Morgan Allen

Bench
Ryan Ellias
Ben Leung
Jack Payne (assumed as a prop cover)
Jack Jones *
Lewis Rawlings
Rhodri Williams
Dan Jones
Ioan Nicholas *
Will Boyde
Matthew Owen *
Steven Shingler

* debut
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Sat 15 Aug 2015, 12:22 am

That team doesn't look to far away from our starting side for the beginning of the pro 12 by the time you take into account international call ups and injuries. It'll be interesting to see how the two new props get on. I'm hoping Morgan Allen can solve our number 8 issues as well.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 15 Aug 2015, 12:26 am

Apparently it is on BBC Jersey (radio) which you can pick up on the tinterweb, so I think I may be listening to that and watching the 7s.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Sat 15 Aug 2015, 12:39 am

Cheers SS, think I'll do the same.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Aug 2015, 1:50 am

What happened to Rory Pitman? looked pretty decent whenever i saw him but was vastly underused despite being one of the few in the pack making yards.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Sat 15 Aug 2015, 2:52 am

Still with us and hopefully after another injury free pre season he may kick on but never looked very match fit last year. He didn't play much towards the end of the season and the rumour I'd heard was that if he'd played X amount of games in a season then it would have triggered a clause in his contract which would significantly increase his wage so may explain why he wasn't picked much towards the end but as I say it's only a rumour I'd heard.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 01 Sep 2015, 6:37 pm

Come on in - the kettle's on:
https://www.606v2.com/t60304-glasgow-warriors-v-scarlets-5-september

For very different reasons, it's important to both sets of fans whether John Barclay is free to play for the club at the weekend!
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

Looks like JD2 is on his way home for next season...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Nov 2015, 4:45 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Looks like JD2 is on his way home for next season...
If that's true, you are going to have quite the backline.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:15 pm

As it stands we are looking at:

Sanjay (Steff Evans)
Hadleigh Parkes (Tagicakibau / North if he comes on NDC)
Scott Williams (Steff Hughes)
Foxy (Regan King)
DTH (Robinson/Jordan)
Shingler (Dan Jones / Patchell coming most likely)
Cawdor (Aled Davies)

Evans (John)
Owens (Phillips)
Lee (R Jones / Edwards)
Ball (Earle)
Rawlings (Price)
Shingler (T Phillips)
Cubby
Barclay (Pitman / Allen / Condy)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Looks like JD2 is on his way home for next season...

Yep it looks definite now:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... l-10424555

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:41 am

With the backline that is being proposed by Wales online (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ambitious-scarlets-could-target-north-10424806), where do you most need additional help? Can you afford it having splashed serious money on your backs (assuming the WRU funded amount is not on the £4.5m cap)?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:51 am

The main forwards priority now has to be extending James Davies contract as I believe he signed a 2 year deal at the start of last season, with a back line that talented having Cubby and Barclay working in tandem will give them the ball they need to win games.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:55 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:With the backline that is being proposed by Wales online (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ambitious-scarlets-could-target-north-10424806), where do you most need additional help? Can you afford it having splashed serious money on your backs (assuming the WRU funded amount is not on the £4.5m cap)?

Realistically, we do not need both of North and Halfpenny. One of them would be nice, but still not needed.

Realistically we need to retain the players we have. At the start of the season there were 4 Ospreys and Scarlets on NDCs and 2 at the Blues and Dragons. Now there are 8 Ospreys, and soon to be 5 Scarlets. So if the dual contract this time are similar, I would like to see it as us get Gareth Davies on a NDC, along with Liam Williams, and then either bring in North (or Halfpenny) or get Ken on an NDC too.

I know a lot of Scarlets fans are hoping that Faletau turning down the NDC last time was down to him wanting to leave the Dragons for a 'top tier euro' side, and that he will sign a NDC and move to us. Personally I can not see that, but it would be nice for one of Allen, Pitman, or Condy to kick on this season and start putting pressure on Barclay for the No.8 shirt.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:15 am

2ndtimeround wrote:The main forwards priority now has to be extending James Davies contract as I believe he signed a 2 year deal at the start of last season, with a back line that talented having Cubby and Barclay working in tandem will give them the ball they need to win games.

Shingler, Cubby and Barclay work really well as a unit.

A few seasons ago we were playing the 666 back row of Shingler, Turnbull and McCusker, which had no balance at all. And now we are in essence playing a 777 back row (shingler has player international open side), and it seems to be very well balanced providing we are using Ball, Phil/Rob and Ken/Emyr as our ball carrying forwards to crash it up when needed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:18 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:With the backline that is being proposed by Wales online (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ambitious-scarlets-could-target-north-10424806), where do you most need additional help? Can you afford it having splashed serious money on your backs (assuming the WRU funded amount is not on the £4.5m cap)?

Realistically, we do not need both of North and Halfpenny.  One of them would be nice, but still not needed.

Realistically we need to retain the players we have.  At the start of the season there were 4 Ospreys and Scarlets on NDCs and 2 at the Blues and Dragons.  Now there are 8 Ospreys, and soon to be 5 Scarlets.  So if the dual contract this time are similar, I would like to see it as us get Gareth Davies on a NDC, along with Liam Williams, and then either bring in North (or Halfpenny) or get Ken on an NDC too.

I know a lot of Scarlets fans are hoping that Faletau turning down the NDC last time was down to him wanting to leave the Dragons for a 'top tier euro' side, and that he will sign a NDC and move to us.  Personally I can not see that, but it would be nice for one of Allen, Pitman, or Condy to kick on this season and start putting pressure on Barclay for the No.8 shirt.

I guess North would be preferable for you to keep Williams at 15 and DTH on 1 wing? Is there not some clauses with the NDC's to keep them roughly even?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:23 am

I don't know if there is a clause to keep them even. But at the start of the season the two teams in the top tier of Europe had 4 each and the two in the mickey mouse cup had two each. Which seems to suggest, quite understandably, the union seem to want the players at the best regions and playing in the best comps.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:22 am

How the hell can the Turks be in financial distress last season and now be able to make all the signings they have and possibly more ?

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:28 am

munkian wrote:How the hell can the Turks be in financial distress last season and now be able to make all the signings they have and possibly more ?

Mainly because a lot of the Cash Strapped Scarlets stuff was guff from the Fail, using old accounts. Then there was the new people joining the board last season (I want to say £6m but honestly can't remember how much it was). Also the dual contracts for Samson, Rhodri, Jake and Scott, coupled with ditching some deadwood etc saved a fair bit of cash.

Also the other one to remember is that all of the regions were in a dire financial situation at the start of last season due to the HEC payment farce when we didn't get our cut when we were meant to, and the whole RRW/WRU spat too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:29 am

Hmmm, fair enough I guess
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:29 am

munkian wrote:How the hell can the Turks be in financial distress last season and now be able to make all the signings they have and possibly more ?

Probably because of this:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/scarlets-plan-new-cash-injection-8870871

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:33 am

LordDowlais wrote:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/scarlets-plan-new-cash-injection-8870871

Yeah that is the boy, an extra £6m.

Oh and on top of that (and the ones mentioned in the earlier reply) there is also increased revenue from the RSA too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:38 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Yeah that is the boy, an extra £6m.

Oh and on top of that (and the ones mentioned in the earlier reply) there is also increased revenue from the RSA too.

A good run in Europe this season and the crowds could be back to what they used to be as well. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:23 am

What has happened to George Earle, a little while ago he was very much first choice, potential captain and now he can't seem to get a game? Is it just loss of form?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:35 am

To be honest we didn't see too much of him last season with Ball and Snyman/Rawlings being favoured.

I think we will see more of him come the crappy weather. Purely because Pivac seems to favour mobility and breakdown skills over pure grunt right noe. But I think when the pitches are boggy, and it's not ideal conditions to throw the ball around Earle's grunt will come in handy. Also with Jake on a ndc, and us having to be careful with managing his game time Earle will be needed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:25 pm

It's official now:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/34783931

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:32 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

I think we will see more of him come the crappy weather.  .

I'm not too sure. Expect Paulino to feature more. thumbsup

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:35 pm

Could be, I think he needs to prove himself a bit more first. As against Leinster he didn't seem to be too impressive, I am putting it down to debut nerves though.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next