The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

+26
international198
Blueschief
demosthenes
Stone Motif
Coleman
PhilBB
RiscaGame
True Raven
Marshes
eirebilly
ScarletSpiderman
Chunky Norwich
VinceWLB
mikey_dragon
wayne
Cardiff Dave
SecretFly
BamBam
Seagultaf
munkian
2ndtimeround
Hazel Sapling
LordDowlais
maestegmafia
George Carlin
BuzzScarlet
30 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  - Page 13 Empty The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 11 Aug 2015, 7:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Come on bois.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  - Page 13 Empty Re: The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by St John The Enforcer Thu 30 Jun 2016, 5:42 pm

Just have to wait for the Welsh commentary teams to learn how to pronounce Tadhg now......

It's the same as Tiger without the R. In case you are wondering.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16  - Page 13 Empty Re: The official "Even London Irish have got a thread" Scarlets thread 2015/16

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 02 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Samson out for 3-4 months, looks like that is why he was benched in the last test.

We have an injury crisis already, as I'm not sure Kruger will be available until after the SuperRugby season
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat 02 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Samson out for 3-4 months, looks like that is why he was benched in the last test.

We have an injury crisis already, as I'm not sure Kruger will be available until after the SuperRugby season

Yet another player returned to his club from team Wales duty crocked. If he needed what sounds like a serious shoulder injury why was he played in the 3rd test?

This is a big setback for Samson who takes quite a long time to get match fit following an injury. With 12 to 16 weeks out he is unlikely to be up to full match fitness until Xmas.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 02 Jul 2016, 2:33 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:Just have to wait for the Welsh commentary teams to learn how to pronounce Tadhg now......

DH in Irish is like a Y sound in English. So Tayg. Wink   They should go back to the older style spelling in Irish, which was less confusing.

As for Beirne the player, from what I remember he is a rangy second row or 6 with good skills. Certainly looks a capable pro12 player if nothing else.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 02 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm

So another Shingler/Rawlings type player?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 02 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Samson out for 3-4 months, looks like that is why he was benched in the last test.

Yet another player returned to his club from team Wales duty crocked. If he needed what sounds like a serious shoulder injury why was he played in the 3rd test?

This is a big setback for Samson who takes quite a long time to get match fit following an injury. With 12 to 16 weeks out he is unlikely to be up to full match fitness until Xmas.

Either Rushed back for the AIs or being held back to be fresh for the 6Ns I reckon. He could end up next seasons Sanjay, fit for Wales duty, unfit for regional games.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:

Either Rushed back for the AIs or being held back to be fresh for the 6Ns I reckon.  He could end up next seasons Sanjay, fit for Wales duty, unfit for regional games.

The reports say he is out for 12 to 16 weeks, so he will miss; July, August, September, at least and maybe October as well. With Samson a player who seems to get fit by playing the chances of him be fit and in form before Xmas are slim and playing him in the Autumn tests will not help him or Wales.

The Wales player management really needs to be looked at. I accept there is very little strength in depth but flogging injured players only causes more problems in the future.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:24 pm

profitius wrote:
St John The Enforcer wrote:Just have to wait for the Welsh commentary teams to learn how to pronounce Tadhg now......

DH in Irish is like a Y sound in English. So Tayg. Wink   They should go back to the older style spelling in Irish, which was less confusing.

As for Beirne the player, from what I remember he is a rangy second row or 6 with good skills. Certainly looks a capable pro12 player if nothing else.

I have never heard anyone south of the border pronounce it Taig. That's a term of abuse in nordieland. It's definitely Tige. I know many of them including several relations.

SS. The guy himself is decent enough. Surplus to requirements here with Ian Nagle and U20s Captain James Ryan coming in. He was only retained as WC cover and got all 4 of his caps v Welsh opposition. Released by Leinster.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:47 pm

Is young(ish) Frazier Climo still knocking about for you guys?

What chance does he have of getting first team game time this season?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

George Carlin wrote:Is young(ish) Frazier Climo still knocking about for you guys?

What chance does he have of getting first team game time this season?

I believe he took a career ender the season before last at Llanelli RFC, snapped his tibia I think.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:56 am

Seagultaf wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:

Either Rushed back for the AIs or being held back to be fresh for the 6Ns I reckon.  He could end up next seasons Sanjay, fit for Wales duty, unfit for regional games.

The reports say he is out for 12 to 16 weeks, so he will miss; July, August, September, at least and maybe October as well. With Samson a player who seems to get fit by playing the chances of him be fit and in form before Xmas are slim and playing him in the Autumn tests will not help him or Wales.

The Wales player management really needs to be looked at. I accept there is very little strength in depth but flogging injured players only causes more problems in the future.

You know he wants to and is obliged to play for team Wales right? The season hasn't even begun and all of you are already blaming Wales for your season. I don't agree with the extra AI either, but if he still misses that through injury then you don't really have an excuse.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:

You know he wants to and is obliged to play for team Wales right? The season hasn't even begun and all of you are already blaming Wales for your season. I don't agree with the extra AI either, but if he still misses that through injury then you don't really have an excuse.

Mikey, try reading the posts before commenting.
No one has a problem with Samson getting injured playing for Wales. Its Wales playing him (and others) when injured, resulting in further complications which results in the need for operations and a long time out of the game.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13