The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US

+15
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
wheelchair1991
incontinentia
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
Lowlandbrit
superflyweight
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Dolphin Ziggler
kingraf
Alistair
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US Empty Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US

Post by Alistair Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:21 pm

Two journalists have been shot dead during a live TV report in the US state of Virginia, their employer confirms.

WDBJ7 TV reporter Alison Parker, 24, and cameraman Adam Ward, 27, were killed during an interview in Moneta, Bedford County, the TV station said.

During the live broadcast, shots could be heard, sending the reporter and the person she was interviewing running.

Police say they are investigating the incident and still searching for the suspect.

Jesus, that's horrendous.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US Empty Re: Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US

Post by kingraf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:51 pm

I don't even have words for this. It's astonishing how low and evil the human mind is.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US Empty Re: Two US Journalists Shot Dead LIVE on TV in US

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:55 pm

Bit depressing that the video has gone viral, but that is life. I actually thought, when I saw the link to it, that it was going to be one of Unilad's "classic" jokes (someone else I know follows them, I'm exempt here). Sadly not.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:58 pm

People get murdered all the time.........Why is it only tragic when journalists and people in the public eye get killed....

If the journalist wasn't a horrible, pushy type with no respect......Then he'd be the exception to the rule !!.........

Young innocent kids fighting for life and failing in hospitals all around the world....

They aren't news...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People get murdered all the time.........Why is it only tragic when journalists and people in the public eye get killed....

If the journalist wasn't a horrible, pushy type with no respect......Then he'd be the exception to the rule !!.........

Young innocent kids fighting for life and failing in hospitals all around the world....

They aren't news...

I'd assume it's the live execution bit.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm

How many people have to die in America in things like this before the country has a serious discussion about gun ownership and availability? Is there a tipping point or does everyone see stuff like this, tut, say it is shocking and wait until the next one to repeat the inactivity?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:13 pm

Terrible

Is this terrorism?

It has not been reported as such. I am sure if the culprit's name sounds anything 9-11thanthy then it will be.....

stay tuned for well used sound bites like...

''This was an attack on ALL of us''

''They hate what we stand for''

the two victims will instantly become HEROS

If the shooter is not Islamified then this will become your bog standerd crime remember them.

I am confused....

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:14 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

I am confused....

Permanently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:17 pm

Rowley wrote:How many people have to die in America in things like this before the country has a serious discussion about gun ownership and availability? Is there a tipping point or does everyone see stuff like this, tut, say it is shocking and wait until the next one to repeat the inactivity?

The gun lobby funds most Republican candidates and most Southern Democrats who are more right wing than Northern Republicans..

Besides it's our second amendment right to bear arms in case of Government tyranny as laid down by the founding fathers....if Obama decides he wants a dictatorship and the army are complicit..... The good ole boys can get their guns out and reassert democracy..

Don't blame the gun...............People that pull triggers kill people..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rowley wrote:How many people have to die in America in things like this before the country has a serious discussion about gun ownership and availability? Is there a tipping point or does everyone see stuff like this, tut, say it is shocking and wait until the next one to repeat the inactivity?

The gun lobby funds most Republican candidates and most Southern Democrats who are more right wing than Northern Republicans..

Besides it's our second amendment right to bear arms in case of Government tyranny as laid down by the founding fathers....if Obama decides he wants a dictatorship and the army are complicit..... The good ole boys can get their guns out and reassert democracy..

Don't blame the gun...............People that pull triggers kill people..

So the majority of gun owners keep guns just in case the government get out of line?

PLUEEEEEEEEEZ!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:20 pm

I never said that you tool..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:21 pm

I appreciate all that Truss, but at what point does the country at least have the debate? I refuse to accept there is not a correlation between how easy it is to obtain guns and how frequently things like this happen. If I decide to do something like this it would be bloody difficult. Obtaining guns would be extrmely difficult, ditto bullets. It would take me ages, during that time there is chances of my plans being exposed, me failing to obtain the necessary firearms, or me coming to my senses. This does not happen in america, pretty much every idiot who contemplates something like this has the means to act on those instincts immediately.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I never said that you tool..

So the crips and bloods and MS-13 and the Aryan brotherhood are holding onto guns to uphold democracy????

Get real.

We don't have this problem here in Britian for a reason. Only soldiers should handle guns.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:27 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I never said that you tool..

So the crips and bloods and MS-13 and the Aryan brotherhood are holding onto guns to uphold democracy????

Get real.

We don't have this problem here in Britian for a reason. Only soldiers should handle guns.

Yes they are all worried Obama will become like Saddam Hussein.... thumbsup .....Now let us move on... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:27 pm

Sandy Hook happened and f*ck all changed -  which would imply that nothing will ever change.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:32 pm

Dunblane happened over here..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

Rowley wrote:I appreciate all that Truss, but at what point does the country at least have the debate? I refuse to accept there is not a correlation between how easy it is to obtain guns and how frequently things like this happen.
The problem is that one side of that debate in the US feels the solution would have been the reporters being armed too.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

What do you expect from an economy that is war based?

The money the US spends on finding new and exciting ways to KILL people could feed the world and that is a fact. I have no sympathy when I hear news like this from the states because its a chicken coming home to roost kind of deal.

The top 2 commodities in America today are ciggarettes and alcohol that is a sad state of affairs because they kill the most people. Throw the readily supply of guns in the mix and BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Dunblane happened over here..........

Dunblane and Hungerford. That is two in how many years?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:38 pm

Yes but it shows that If someone wants to commit an atrocity they will...........

318.9 million people in the USA.............64 million in Britain...

Of course there will be more incidents...But sandy Hook was news because it was both shocking and an ABNORMAL event...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:Sandy Hook happened and f*ck all changed -  which would imply that nothing will ever change.
Exactly. Obama releases a couple of soundbites about getting tough on guns and...forgets it the next week.

Every few weeks there seems to be a murder by a cop. If they are the ones upholding the law it's not exactly a good state of affairs.

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:39 pm

and steps were taken to minimise the danger of it happening again -

"In response to this public debate, the then-current Conservative government of John Major introduced the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997, which banned all cartridge ammunition handguns with the exception of .22 calibre single-shot weapons in England, Scotland and Wales. Following the 1997 General Election, the Labour government of Tony Blair introduced the Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997, banning the remaining .22 cartridge handguns in England, Scotland and Wales, and leaving only muzzle-loading and historic handguns legal, as well as certain sporting handguns (e.g. "Long-Arms") that fall outside the Home Office Definition of a "handgun" because of their dimensions. The ban does not affect Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm

The point is though Truss, the infrequency with which they happens over here underlines my original point of how difficult it is to carry out such an atrocity over here. Not every idiot who considers such a thing gets the opportunity to act on those instincts for the reasons I have already outlined.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm

Scottrf wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Sandy Hook happened and f*ck all changed -  which would imply that nothing will ever change.
Exactly. Obama releases a couple of soundbites about getting tough on guns and...forgets it the next week.

Republicans own both houses so how is he going to do anything about guns ??

Besides he's a useless limp cocked President with as much clout as an ice cream..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:43 pm

And we had change. Immediately.

STUPIDEST.V2COMMENT.EVER.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep.....Off you go...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People get murdered all the time.........Why is it only tragic when journalists and people in the public eye get killed....

They aren't news...

Ahhh, so death is actually not a big deal really.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Republicans own both houses so how is he going to do anything about guns ?
True I guess, and most of the population are too focused on any control being anti-constitutional.

It doesn't help that they are referred to as defence. They are solely offensive.

I also don't get the argument that people shouldn't care about something because worse things have happened. Does say a bit that you lack sympathy because you stereotype journalists.

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm

They aren't news...

Did you even bother to spend 30 seconds reading the article on this or just bowl in in your normal pig-ignorant Muppet Yank 'unilateral action' way....??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yep.....Off you go...

Back yourself then. Or just cut and run....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm

Rowley wrote:The point is though Truss, the infrequency with which they happens over here underlines my original point of how difficult it is to carry out such an atrocity over here. Not every idiot who considers such a thing gets the opportunity to act on those instincts for the reasons I have already outlined.

You can't stop Dunblanes from happening whatever measures you put in.....

Anyone with kids sees how lax it is in schools...

Sandy Hook's are isolated incidents but when you have 240 million more people more likely to happen in your patch..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:48 pm

Two pages
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:48 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The money the US spends on finding new and exciting ways to KILL people could feed the world and that is a fact. I have no sympathy when I hear news like this from the states because its a chicken coming home to roost kind of deal.
And even for you this is a stupid comment.

No sympathy for a journalist because her government is pro war?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:51 pm

Hungerford happened in 87, Dunblane in 96. So in nearly 30 years with our 60 odd million population we have had two massacres. If America has 240 million that is four times the population. Basic maths would suggest if gun ownership is not a factor the States would have had 8 massacres in the same period. Care to argue this is a reasonably accurate number?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm

Rowley wrote:

Dunblane and Hungerford. That is two in how many years?

Dunblane was in '95/'96 and as I recall nobody wanted to arm teachers from that point on. Different mentality.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:57 pm

Rowley wrote:Hungerford happened in 87, Dunblane in 96. So in nearly 30 years with our 60 odd million population we have had two massacres. If America has 240 million that is four times the population. Basic maths would suggest if gun ownership is not a factor the States would have had 8 massacres in the same period. Care to argue this is a reasonably accurate number?

I'm against the second amendment............But I tend of the view that bad people will commit appalling acts If the motivation is strong enough.........

I used to wait in the playground for Rob to come out.............No one ever asked me If I was parent...

Anyone can get a gun over here........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:03 pm

As a man who has been held up and robbed at gunpoint, I feel I can weigh in and say I am in no way afraid of gun crime over here, whereas if that happened to me in the US I suspect I would not have gone back to work the next day.

There are many worse things in the US I detest, but the way shootings are a sad, accepted part of life is one of the most crushing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm

You make America sound like a war zone......

Just as much trouble in Manchester as there is in Massachusetts....

Moss side at night would probably scare hoodlums from the Bronx...

You don't know what you're talking about....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

Problem here is crazy Too much guns in circulation already. Too easy to create your own ammunition. To easy to modify guns and now so many amateur gunsmiths that gun control ship has sailed a long F*cking time ago. I have a friend in the republican area of colorado, he says he started making his own ammunition after a two hour tutorial. He said all he needed was the shells he bought from a 7 year old kid who'd collected once fired shells left behind by hunters nearby. He said the only reason he was learning how because he feared some sort of gun control law to come into force in the next twenty years. He also said this was the norm among other people in the area and probably representative of rural areas as a whole. Plus I'm not entirely sure the politicians know what they're doing, they implemented a new Magazine ban, but old magazines are ok. The problem being that magazines are just storage and can be reloaded endlessly. Easy enough to suggest a debate but someone needs to lay it out properly and clearly state what theyre going to do. I think republicans might be amenable to certain things and not so much to others so first try and sort out a consensus before trying to put in a debate. Otherwise with the fear of a blanket ban on guns there will be another 50 years or dead school children before the debate actually has a chance of happening

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You make America sound like a war zone......

Just as much trouble in Manchester as there is in Massachusetts....

Moss side at night would probably scare hoodlums from the Bronx...

You don't know what you're talking about....

Truss, remember when being rude was what I asked you to keep being in your post history? No, me neither.

What I will give you is America is much harder to define by it's nature as state by state is a very different world. But that there are states in America where you can sack someone for being gay (and I didn't even know that till recently, so naive was I. Thank you Mr John Oliver) just makes me sad. There are some wonderful people in America, sadly they are also surrounded by plebs.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:26 pm

Stating a fact...Not being rude..

Besides when you start pulling up other people who are rude than I'll listen....

Try starting on the Corbyn thread.......Try being consistent..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:28 pm

I don't think you can claim it is fact at all, as you quite well know. I leave you with a quote from a children's book I am currently reading for work

“When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

They aren't news...

Did you even bother to spend 30 seconds reading the article on this or just bowl in in your normal pig-ignorant Muppet Yank 'unilateral action' way....??

Is that rude...... Laugh

You gotta love it.. Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm

It'd be easier to do that Truss if you didn't wade in and insult everyone on there before I can have a word! My position is very much weakened! I agree though, I need to go edit a couple things on that thread because we have a couple people in there who don't know the different between debating and degrading.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The money the US spends on finding new and exciting ways to KILL people could feed the world and that is a fact. I have no sympathy when I hear news like this from the states because its a chicken coming home to roost kind of deal.
And even for you this is a stupid comment.

Is that rude ?? laughing

Knock it off mate.. thumbsup

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm

Truss, use the report button and then we can see it. Instead of being passive-aggressive towards me because I called you rude. Its a little bit unbecoming of you to easily suggest I "don't know what I'm talking" but then start going at me because I suggested you were being rude.

If you have more instances of people being rude please PM me or use the report button.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:What do you expect from an economy that is war based?

The money the US spends on finding new and exciting ways to KILL people could feed the world and that is a fact. I have no sympathy when I hear news like this from the states because its a chicken coming home to roost kind of deal.

The top 2 commodities in America today are ciggarettes and alcohol that is a sad state of affairs because they kill the most people. Throw the readily supply of guns in the mix and BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Moving on.........Most economies are war based....If I may be boldly enough to say to you respectfully ONETWO my ole mate...The UK is second behind the USA in arms sales !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

“When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind"

You must be new here
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:45 pm

Yup. The foremost economies in the world rely heavily on the war game.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:52 pm

I don't think ONETWO likes America.......I just get that feeling....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next