The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

+13
kingraf
laverfan
slashermcguirk
greengoblin
banbrotam
TRuffin
Jahu
temporary21
LuvSports!
summerblues
Born Slippy
bogbrush
HM Murdock
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. Empty US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:41 am

http://www.usopen.org/mobile/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. Empty Re: US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by HM Murdock Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:14 am

Any reference to Huey Lewis gets a clap from me!

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. 11-huey-lewis-back-to-the-future500x300

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. Empty Re: US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

Any reference to Huey Lewis demands this couple of minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

Now we're all in the right frame of mind to discuss the aftermath of Nadals defeat.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:47 am

Have any of the traditional big 4 played a match off Ashe this year?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Sep 2015, 2:34 pm

Kohlschreiber had a very good bite at Federer at Halle this year and he is a nice striker of the ball. Could be competitive.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Did not Andy play on Armstrong his 2nd round?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

Sitting on Grandstand waiting for Gasquet vs the Australian (not so) bad boy Tomic.

It is a lovely day and after last night's result the sun seems to be shining even brighter than usual.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm

Good man SB. Having ears on the ground. Are you going to any other courts?

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:52 pm

I was hoping they might put Fed vs Kohli on Armstrong as I do not have Ashe tickets but no such luck. My two main matches for today will likely be Gasquet-Tomic and Thiem-Anderson.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm

Go the shbh's!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm

I hope you enjoy the day and that the matches prove to be good uns.

Murray's draw is looking brutal still. Wawrinka likely waiting in the QF's. Anderson or Thiem will be a difficult obstacle.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm

LK, I have a grounds pass which at the USO gets you to any stadium other than Ashe. I do the same every year as Ashe matches in the 3rd round are not normally that exciting. Usually I spend a lot of time on Armstrong but this year I think Grandstand and Court 17 look most interesting.

And in between I just catch whatever action I can. I watched a bit of practice this morning - I saw Fed, Serena, Venus and a few others.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

Thanks LK. Yes, Murray has the toughest draw of all the main contenders.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

Saddens me a total git like Tomic could make the QFs!

Konta and Petkovic exchanging breaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:01 pm

What Konta is doing atm, is nothing short of remarkable!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:05 pm

Konta is playing some super stuff, but please don't give the break back!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

First set!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:54 pm

Broken serving for the match at 5-1. Come on Konta, so close!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm

summerblues wrote:Did not Andy play on Armstrong his 2nd round?

Well, it certainly looked like a "Murray on Armstrong" performance but, in fact, he can't even use that excuse. He was on Ashe.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

Come on Jo!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

She did it!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

Yeah! shes done it
also lk dw Tomics been done in straights by Reechard

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

Could see a Wilmbledon rematch between Stan and Richard.

Go on the Konta. She hits a mean ball. More fun to watch than ol Heav

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:03 pm

Anyone watching fed?
He's serving first serves in the 90's and even 80's! 
Back ? Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm

I have been wondering, he looks very lacklustre.

Av 1st serve is 112mph so not too bad, I'll watch more closely but feels like just a poor match so far. Forehand is all over the place.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:16 pm

hes 2 sets up though, only just seen it tbh.

Closer than the 2 maulings he dished out beforehand, hope the backs not going he an Novak are the main interesting final...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm

Fed broken again.

Was it 75 service games unbroken?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

Fed brakes back.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm

Then twice in just over a set to love!
Worrying signs. Much more workmanlike atm. Just needs to servegoat it.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm

Some insider fans from his forum that are there are saying he woke up with some stomach virus that is going around. Apparently cut his prematch practice short and was holding stomach and telling team he needed some bathroom time. Hope it's a 24 hour thing.

Athletic success is such a fragile thing Smile. Life gets im the way

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm

In 3 sets all will be done, no worries!!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:28 pm

I;m a worrier not a warrior.

I got fat but i'm not a fatso.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

Looking now. Hes grunting VERY heavily on his second serve, thats usuallly the tell his backs doing badly...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm

What a point!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm

74mph serve.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

Fed needs some NYC Hot Dogs to fix his stomach.

Good hold.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm

Luv, into author mode, I see Smile

Fed squeeling when serving, think he has appendicitis...
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:39 pm

Break now Fed, serve and go home. have some chamomile tea.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm

ALLEZ!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm

Yesssss baby
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm

Done and dusted.

Some said here Kohli is the real test for Fed.

Guess I'm more of an sexpert then some tennis experts here Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:47 pm

Nasty match, hopefully he's ok now and comes back better.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 7:48 pm

Isner next.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm

Very average from Fed, but he still one in straight sets in just over 90 minutes, so hopefully the next match will be better.

Indeed he finished his practice early this morning, and was hitting it all over place there too.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:02 pm

A bit of a concern, id still expect him to breeze to the quarters, but if the slight abjectness of that was his back, thats a real worry

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

Well, we will just have to wait and see how he plays. I am not all that much into worrying about why he may or may not be playing poorly - bad back, virus, old age, poor form etc is just about same to me.

I just want him to play well, for very selfish reasons, because I enjoy his game when he plays well. Smile

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm

Come on Kerber, crush her.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm

The crush is back!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next