The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler)

+5
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Prometheus
Hero
9 posters

Go down

The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler) Empty The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler)

Post by Hero Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:19 pm

At Night of Champions it's the Wyatt Family with their new recruit Braun Strowman up against 2/3rds of The Shield in Reigns and Ambrose, rumour has been rife if the pair would get an ally to assist and it appears WWE slipped up earlier when this was accidentally posted (then quickly removed again):

The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler) Image10

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler) Empty Re: The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler)

Post by Prometheus Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm

Do you think those kind of things are slips, or just teases knowing that some people will see it and get the word out?

If they just let Harper rip then I'm happy whoever else is in the ring. Though its hardly a like-for-like in terms of ringwork in the Shield team.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler) Empty Re: The Hounds of Justices partner? (Spoiler)

Post by Fernando Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:35 pm

Well Night of Champions is starting to sound worse by the minute Laugh I don't get why they would choose Corbin tbh (Most are calling it fake) I just assumed would be someone sh*t like Rowan/Ryder/Mizdow to take pinfall.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm

I think people are expecting Rowan but Corbin would be a better option imo, though I can't see him hitting End of Days against any of his opponents.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I know you meant Rowan either)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

Hero wrote:I think people are expecting Harper but Corbin would be a better option imo, though I can't see him hitting End of Days against any of his opponents.
I've not seen his Takeover match yet, so I may be proven wrong, but isn't that the only thing he does? Take that away from him and I think you are left with a slightly taller than average guy, with many more tattoos than average.

For a guy who seems to be sold on being big he doesn't seem to have any power moves or display anything that makes me think after nearly 2 years of watching him that there's any upside.

Having said all that, I do think he has a certain look, which could give him some role in WWE (bodyguard type) and if I'm wrong, I'd happily watch some evidence to the contrary.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:55 pm

Watch the Takeover match, Prom, I was really impressed with him. Heel works much better for him, as it does most people, but he suddenly has an interesting edge to him.

Weird choice though. If you're not going with Rowan then I think it would make a lot more sense to use the name value and intrigue of a Samoa Joe appearance.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:12 pm

I'd say in regards to Joe that with both Itami and Zayn injured they need the name value of him remaining in NXT.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:41 pm

Good point. Saying that, the psychology of Balor against Wyatt would be spectacular, but definitely a good idea to save that feud for when Finn is called up. Nothing suits the need for the Demon more in a story than Balor v Wyatt.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 05 Sep 2015, 11:03 pm

And in regards to Corbin it's quite similar to Reigns being brought in as part of a group, he clearly has weaknesses to the whole package that can be covered up by being part of a larger group.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 05 Sep 2015, 11:54 pm

Hero wrote:And in regards to Corbin it's quite similar to Reigns being brought in as part of a group, he clearly has weaknesses to the whole package that can be covered up by being part of a larger group.

Not if two thirds of the group have the same weakness!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 06 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

I'd say Reigns has covered up those weaknesses now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 06 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

Hero wrote:I'd say Reigns has covered up those weaknesses now.

I'd say he's still best suited to the role of big guy who comes in at the end. So, it will be interesting to see how the 3 men are utilized.

Without doubt those 6-man tags were IMO some of the best bouts on WWE in the last 2 years, so I'm really hoping this works out and we get something close to that level. It would also be a real shame if WWE are going to resurrect this trios type format and The New Day did not get involved somehow. I'm not sure how that can be worked in storyline-wise, but TND are so on top of their game that I'd love to see them get in the mix somehow.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

Dream Scenario: Brock Lesnar
Best Case: The Rock
Worst Case: Erick Rowan
Likely: Rowan or Corbin

I wouldnt be against Corbin coming up, even if its only for a little while - theres no reason he cant pull double duty, and he's really impressed me since his full blown heel turn. I heard the rumours of Sting joining up with them but thats off the cards now.

Credit where its due, a little thing like this has added another layer of intrigue to an already fairly entertaining story.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 06 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Hero wrote:I'd say Reigns has covered up those weaknesses now.

I'd say he's still best suited to the role of big guy who comes in at the end.  So, it will be interesting to see how the 3 men are utilized.

Without doubt those 6-man tags were IMO some of the best bouts on WWE in the last 2 years, so I'm really hoping this works out and we get something close to that level.  It would also be a real shame if WWE are going to resurrect this trios type format and The New Day did not get involved somehow.  I'm not sure how that can be worked in storyline-wise, but TND are so on top of their game that I'd love to see them get in the mix somehow.

New Day deserve to have their Dudleyz feud and I wouldnt want anything to get in the way of that. I'm not sure the intensity of the Wyatts vs Ambrose/Reigns feud needs Xavier Woods right now either.

I'd be perfectly fine with the third man being Cesaro for a huge pop and hopefully the pin too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 06 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

Oh yeah, forgot the Dudleys. Okay that definitely does it. I'm finishing of Summer Slam, watching NXT Takeover and last week's Raw right now, because I'm getting behind here.

And Xavier Woods just headlined the Tokyo show with Brock Lesnar. He's ready for anything!

Cesaro would be a good call. But I can't see anyone other than Reigns getting the pin.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm

Cesaro would be good, he's got nothing on right now and would be good to see him spin Stowman. The problem is, Stowman has already taken out both Ambrose and Reigns single handedly so its going to take an impressive name to take him down.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

I don't think they will put Cesaro into this mix. But if they did there is every chance he could walk out of it as the star. Now, if WWE is looking for a star, then that's good. But, if WWE are still seeing Reigns as the future and this is another way to promote him, then that's not so good for them.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

Braun Eugeneman and his likely short shelf-life will be an intriguing side story of this whole thing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodginho Sun 06 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm

Having not watched NXT for a while and seen Corbin, I looked at the picture and thought it was Bo Dallas until I read the comments. Maybe it was wishful thinking to get Wyatt and Bo together, and to watch Bo get slaughtered by Braun....

Hodginho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 08 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

This might surprise a few people but I'm not a fan of Corbin, he's green as grass with his only half decent matches coming under the wings of Joe and Neville

He has a workable spot in NXT, with short matches to hide his weaknesses and anti smark gimmick to garner heat but as a face in a featured match where only two of the guys involved would be workers of any considerable pedigree could leave him badly exposed imo

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm

I think Harper and Wyatt could work well enough to help him, Ambrose can make anyone look good, and Reigns has improved a good bit over the year but he's still not as good as the other three.

Corbin vs Strowman would be interesting, because it would be two huge guys colliding, and they're both green so it would be a good indicator for their future. I think Corbin has great potential.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 08 Sep 2015, 10:17 pm

Raw spoiler here on this subject.

Spoiler:

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:43 am

That Wyatt attack on RAW was so random, I initially assumed it would be the branch to get Orton involved in the match but why do that, what sense is there in antagonising the guy with one of the best win ratio's the WWE has seen in the last 12 years, a 12 time World Champion, I'm assuming the Wyatt's will be looking to take out guys who could be perceived threats to them, if so then it'd probably do Orton good to get off TV for a few weeks and gives him something to get into when he's needed again.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 09 Sep 2015, 8:27 am

You could be right in the Wyatt's taking down anyone who might be a partner to Reigns and Ambrose, it happened on Smackdown to someone else.

Spoiler:

Then Corbin shows up at NoC.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down