Tell us about your game today...

Post by Shotrock on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Congrats Super!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by super_realist on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:42 pm

Sadly not JAS, it was just a bounce game off the medals but one of those very rare days when virtually everything you do is on the money.

Had a bogey, and missed a straight 5 foot putt for another birdie so could have been better still, but that lack of perfection is why we keep playing.

Got a new putter and driving technique and it's producing great results. Just hope I can keep it going into the season.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:21 am

Be_the_ball wrote:
McLaren wrote:How much did you pay pay for it, I am interested as I am thinking about getting the 16 model?

I got a €250 voucher over Christmas and put €100 to it, so got it for €350 from www.halpennygolf.com. I've just checked their site and they are now advertising the new 2017 model for €450. I'm not sure they have any left, but i'm sure you would will pick one up somewhere.

You've been done there BtB.

The new M2 is £330 everywhere, and you can pick up the 2016 version for £250. Look at American Golf. £250 = €290.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:47 am

raycastleunited wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:
McLaren wrote:How much did you pay pay for it, I am interested as I am thinking about getting the 16 model?

I got a €250 voucher over Christmas and put €100 to it, so got it for €350 from www.halpennygolf.com. I've just checked their site and they are now advertising the new 2017 model for €450. I'm not sure they have any left, but i'm sure you would will pick one up somewhere.

The new M2 is £330 everywhere, and you can pick up the 2016 version for £250. Look at American Golf. £250 = €290.

I looked at that and thought halpenny were ridiculously expensive (although the voucher makes it cheap), but I'm not sure whether there's a huge tax on some stuff in Ireland. My XR19 was £250 in a local pro shop months ago and looks like it's showing up as £296 on there currently.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:

I looked at that and thought halpenny were ridiculously expensive (although the voucher makes it cheap), but I'm not sure whether there's a huge tax on some stuff in Ireland. My XR19 was £250 in a local pro shop months ago and looks like it's showing up as £296 on there currently.

Halpenny golf were the only golf outlet that I could use the voucher in unfortunately, so I didn't have any other options for golf gear, I have bought stuff from www.onlinegolf.co.uk in the past and just checking I see them for £249, then between £0-5 for shipping there's no additional customs or taxes when shipping within the EU. So ~€290 all in. Without the voucher that's what I would have gone with, but with it I essentially got the club for €100, or ~£90 I can't complain with that...

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:

Halpenny golf were the only golf outlet that I could use the voucher in unfortunately, so I didn't have any other options for golf gear, I have bought stuff from www.onlinegolf.co.uk in the past and just checking I see them for £249, then between £0-5 for shipping there's no additional customs or taxes when shipping within the EU. So ~€290 all in. Without the voucher that's what I would have gone with, but with it I essentially got the club for €100, or ~£90 I can't complain with that...

Absolutely

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 9:38 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Feeling chuffed today. Invite received to join the Suffolk Senior squad meetings during the winter. Being held at Bungay GC in January, Flempton GC in February and Woodbridge GC in March. Best I get some practice in! Laugh

And so the day of the first trial arrived on Thursday and with temperatures predicted to be only just above freezing in Suffolk I knew we were in for a cold one. Despite the normal rush hour traffic delays on the A12 I arrived at Bungay Golf Club in good time for the usual coffee and bacon roll. After a quick chat and welcome from the Senior Captain to the assembled group I headed out to the practice area for a warm up. I had bagged a good draw, second group out paired with a 2 and a couple of 5 handicappers and after introductions and handshakes on the first tee it was time to go. The format was scratch off the back tees and feeling a little nervous I hung on to my opening tee shot a bit and found myself down the left blocked out by a couple of fir trees and an opening bogey therefore ensued.

Three pars followed as I began to strike it down the middle and I found myself thinking that I can probably compete with these guys. It was freezing cold and we even got treated to a couple of sleet showers on the front nine as I annoyingly twice three putted on the unreceptive, hard greens. I also missed the green on the par 3 7th which resulted in, as it turned out, my only double bogey of the day. As we walked off the 10th tee the 2 handicapper, an established team member, asked me about my availability for selection in the side. I took that as a huge compliment and it was a massive boost to my confidence. Despite the conditions I managed a couple of birdies for level par on the back 9 and a gross 75 which was the best score in my fourball.

Better was to come after lunch when the Captain announced the results. My 75 was the 3rd best score, beaten only by two 74's one of which was shot by last years Suffolk Senior Champion. Now I'm certainly not counting any chickens, far from it, and its only one round. However, I do think that if I can perform reasonably in the next two trials I now have an excellent chance to make the squad for the County Side this year and that would be great!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:22 pm

Well played Blue. Fingers crossed for you.
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:08 am

clap clap clap clap clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:38 pm

Well done Blue thumbsup Ale clap thumbsup Ale clap Whisky

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 5:15 pm

Cheers Guys

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 11:43 pm

Blue - entries for English Seniors (both courses at Staunton in June) opened this week. Are you going to have a dabble? Also check out the UKSGA website - some great venues this year including Ganton, Princes, Hallamshire, Ashridge, Woodbridge, Liphook etc.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm

Hi Puligny, unfortunately not I'm in Mallorca that week golfing with friends. Are you playing? Thanks for the UKSGA info, will be looking to enter at least a couple.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm

Blue - I'm entered but all depends on the ballot. English is done on handicap at time of the ballot and I've got approx 20 qualifiers before then so a bit like stock market, could go up or down.....!
UKSGA site includes a calendar of all events, EGU, UKSGA, and club. So far I'm entered for 25 two and three day events between April and Nov plus club events - just hope knees and back hold out!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 9:37 pm

Good luck Puligny...that sounds like a very well planned and balanced calendar to me!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:08 am

Two sub par rounds this week. Looking good for the coming season.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

super_realist wrote:Two sub par rounds this week. Looking good for the coming season.
Better than Tiger.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:23 am

pedro wrote:
super_realist wrote:Two sub par rounds this week. Looking good for the coming season.
Better than Tiger.

True, better keep up the reps, maybe I'll get a "W" this year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm

Played a 22 hcapper in our winter league. He shot a nett 54 which was a bit much but only lost 3 & 2. Squeaked through to the knockout tho...
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:48 pm

What a bandit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:39 am

Super

You forgot to tell us how your club champ defense went?
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

It was a long time ago Mac, but I got knocked out at the QF level, had a lesson since then and got myself back on track. Hopefully have a better go at it this year, plus my new putter is suiting me very well.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 8:35 pm

What a weekend of Golf.

Freebie at Kingsbarns on the opening day of their season. 18c and not a breath of wind or a cloud in the sky. Golf doesn't get much better than that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 9:35 am

Played Gullane No 2 on Saturday.

Decided beforehand to leave my driver in my bag.

So my 3 wood, became my driver for the day.

1st, straight down the middle, next shot onto green, 3 putts
2nd repeat of the 1st.

After 3 putting the first 2, I thought this was not going to be my day.

But I persevered with my plan, & it all worked out in the end.

Every drive went straight down the middle (couldn't believe it at times), even out driving my 2 mates with their drivers & these 2 can strike a mean driver.

Stood on 17th tee, with my 3 wood out ready to go. However we had to delay, as the group in front were searching for a ball in the cabbage. As I waited, I decided to change club, out came my 5 iron instead. At this stage I had already accumulated 36 Stableford Pts.

The green cleared, hit another straight shot, but failed to clear the last few feet of rough & the ball got caught up. Sand Wedge onto the green & a 15 ft putt followed for my birdie. As this was a stroke hole, another 4 pts in the bag.

3 wood off 18, missing the fairway to the right. (I did miss the middle for once). Gap Wedge onto the green to 10 ft. Went for the birdie, ran passed 3ft, but managed the one back for the par, & another 2pts.

42 pts on the day, my best ever for several years & surprisingly winner of the sweep.

Yahoo Yahoo
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:29 am

First medal of the year yesterday off the whites (winter comps including qualifiers tend to be stableford off the yellows)

Two holes to play and I was only 1 over handicap - then proceeded to finish with 2 snowmen (the 17th is a notorious card-killer but the par 5 18th should be fairly straightforward)

Only made worse by the fact that my division was won by a nett 74! At least the CSS went to 73 though (par 70) so at least I made buffer

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

Gutting Davie. Been there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10