Tell us about your game today...

Post by Shotrock on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 17:15

First topic message reminder :

Congrats Super!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by raycastleunited on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 17:28

Shotrock - the holes at the far end of the new course are spectacular. The old course plays through woodland so every hole is isolated, but the new course has a more open heathland feel, the stretch from 5 - 8 is stunning. But all 36 holes are magnificent.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 12:00

Just back from Spain. 3 laps on the Costa del Sol.

Torrequebrada - Awful. Couldn't drive, couldn't hit irons, couldn't chip, couldn't putt. Horrendous start (OOB on 1, 1 point on 2 after a 20 yard topped drive, 0 points on 3. Scrabbled together a most unimpressive 21 points. Blanked from mind.

Santana - sublime to the ridiculous, or rather ridiculous to sublime and back to ridiculous. Hit ball much better though and chipped and putted well all in all. Similar start 1 point, blob, 1 point but then started to score. 33 points coming up the last, drive on a very awkward SI 1 hole in position A, 8 iron in to the green... No, 7 iron (to make sure) fatted into the lake 20 yards in front of me, blob. Still, 33 points was a good return and the 18th an abject lesson in living in the present instead of what the outcome might be.

Mijas Los Lagos - Mixed bag, hit it much better but a few leaky drives albeit rescued by some occasionally impressive iron and approach play. Putted well going out, left a few putts out there on the way back. 32 points but still only amassed 2 points on the front 3 (although fought back to an impressive total of 20 after 10 before the putter went cold).

Nice to play in some warmth, courses good (although Torrequebrada seemed to have inconsistent green speeds, but still a great course - my demise was my own inability, I'm not making an excuse!), hire clubs difficult to adjust to (TM Rocketbladez vs my own Cleveland forged CB irons) but at £37 a flight (4 flights) to get my clubs there and back I'll put up with them!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 16:24

Whereabouts on the Costa del Sol were you based Roller? I went in late May and thoroughly enjoyed all 3 courses I played. Would go again but would be looking for different ones so always interested to hear thoughts on different courses.

Shotrock....now that’s a trip!! Only played the Sunningdales twice but they are an absolute joy, as is St George’s Hill. Apparently the house  where Lennon filmed the Imagine video overlooks a hole on the green nine. I couldn’t figure out which one it was. Howeller’s house overlooks the 5th on the Red

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 09:55

Stayed in Benalmadena so 15 mins from airport, have been there a number of times and have played quite a few courses (albeit some quite a while ago). Mainly up that end, not been too far past Puerto Banus. I think I recall Bluecoverman having confessed to some soujourns to the Costa DS too.

Happy to give my tuppence worth here or any thread or via PM if you would like it JAS. Caveat being the subjectivity of it all, I know nothing of golf course design, but I know what I like playing on!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 19:21

Yes I have had several enjoyable golfing trips to the Costa DS over the years but none that recently as Belek, Turkey became the slightly more preferred destination.

By coincidence heading for Bulgaria tomorrow for a weeks golf. A new venue for us and playing at Thracian Cliffs on the Black Sea Coast, which looks amazing and really looking forward to it...apart from the 2.30am start for a 6.00am flight from Luton that is!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum