The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide?

+21
HM Murdock
Jahu
kingraf
Belovedluckyboy
It Must Be Love
CAS
LuvSports!
Guest82
laverfan
ZZ
Chazfazzer
summerblues
Henman Bill
bogbrush
banbrotam
Danny_1982
temporary21
Born Slippy
YvonneT
sirfredperry
JuliusHMarx
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide? - Page 7 Empty US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide?

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide? - Page 7 Empty Re: US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide?

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:12 am

I can see some form of common sense in Andy's schedule in terms I think given he is giving the DC some priority and knowing he has points to defend in the autumn months, I think it's a simple case he was trying to gain the points and more that he has to defend later in the year. I would like to imagine he had a rough idea where he wanted to be point wise going into the USO/DC weeks. I have no doubt he needs rest.

I don't think that him only participating in Shanghai, Paris and WTF is to be scoffed at should GB reach the final of the DC.

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide? - Page 7 Empty Re: US Open Day 8 - Will Rojer need the Vasselin for his Lipsky? Will Kontinen's collide?

Post by banbrotam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:23 am

It would have made sense (just) if he'd skipped Cincy as that was obviously the original plan.

I don't really see the worry about points. If he's fit, then he's a slam contender and he's naturally in the Top 4

Worry too much about the points and you get a hectic scehdule

I agree about the autumn schedule - didn't both Roger and Novak do this last year? So it's not as though it's that light

I'm just hacked off that another good opportunity has gone. I know there will be more, yet again another slam is dominated by everyone 26 or over and no-one under the age of 24 gets anywhere near. But he could have arrived at New York a bit fresher

I'm boring myself now, so rant over Smile

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:43 am

Least he didn't lose to Nadal Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

Thanks Yvonne. I tend to agree. He could have executed better but Anderson was, in my view, playing at a level very similar to Cilic when he tore through the field to win last year.

Anderson unsurprisingly couldn't re-produce that form against Stan (and drowned in a tide of unforced errors instead). Sometimes you just run into someone playing the match of their career. The obvious response to BB's point about Fed beating him 61 61 is to point to Rafa v Soderling in 09. Rafa beat him 60 61 a couple of weeks before the French - didn't stop Soderling from playing the match of his life when they met at RG.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Least he didn't lose to Nadal Wink

Laugh I'd have been coming down to your neck of the woods and jumping off Beachy Head, if that'd happened. Only joking Nadal fans Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:58 am

Born Slippy wrote:Thanks Yvonne. I tend to agree. He could have executed better but Anderson was, in my view, playing at a level very similar to Cilic when he tore through the field to win last year.

Anderson unsurprisingly couldn't re-produce that form against Stan (and drowned in a tide of unforced errors instead). Sometimes you just run into someone playing the match of their career. The obvious response to BB's point about Fed beating him 61 61 is to point to Rafa v Soderling in 09. Rafa beat him 60 61 a couple of weeks before the French - didn't stop Soderling from playing the match of his life when they met at RG.

I like Anderson. I like the way he tries to get every ounce of his ability onto the court and the way he's introduced a bit more variety. Seems a top bloke as well. I would have been more annoyed if it had been, say Isner or Karlovic who for me do nothing but rely on their serve

Anderson's a good player as shown by his previous record against Stan (who of course is now my favourite!!) so it's no disgrace losing to him

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7